3556 Saint Johns Ave
Jacksonville, FL 32205Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://biscottis.net/
- Phone: 9043872060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 10:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Steve Gaynor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Biscottis
In 1993 Karin Tucker and Barbara Bredehoeft opened Biscottis as a cozy 37 seat coffee house. It quickly became a landmark success and now seats 100 in a beautiful turn of the century brick and wood interior building. Offering casual comfort, innovative cuisine (try the fabulous Sunday brunch), and with a personality all its own, the Avondale eatery has expanded to accommodate its citywide clientele.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Biscottis - Best Restaurants in Jacksonville ›
Biscottis reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (25)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (22)good for groups (16)special occasion (12)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (9)romantic (9)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Outstanding!Ciao2tDined on 10/4/2014Delicious, quality menu selections prepared with attention to detail and requests. Our service was excellent and all our questions were answered with a professional knowledge of each selection. The delectable food, atmosphere and conviviality of Biscottis made for a very pleasurable and satisfying dining experience. Chose our desserts from the front case which is ever-changing! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Good food, great desserts!tlad1Dined on 9/21/2014We wanted to try this out because of all of the rave reviews of their desserts. They definitely live up to the hype. Amazing cakes and pies that greet you as you walk in the door. They're very pricey, of course, at about $9 a slice, but wow are they good. Big enough to share between two I would say. The food is a bit expensive as well, but it is very good, too. All in all a unique experience. We'll be back to try their "signature" bread pudding - my wife and I were in a cake and cheese cake mood that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry I Waited So LongaabjornsonDined on 9/20/2014I had heard of Biscotti's for years, but never had visited. After my visit on Saturday night, not only will go back (frequently), I will definitely be recommending this neighborhood gem to my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10fries not a order, 2 min isn't 15SVP1VIPDined on 9/17/2014The special lobster reuben with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was delivered as "lobster burger?" so i may not have even received the right item....only a hint of reuben and otherwise unremarkable. The lobster was good, but it was like eating lobster between toasted buttered bread. Mine experience inconsistent with others - probably only an aberration
- great servicekebwVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Biscottis many times and have always enjoyed our meals. On this particular visit, my steak medallions were over cooked. Our server was very apologetic and offered to bring another plate. I wouldn't hold this against them. It's the only time this has happened. Great service and food.Special Features:
- Couldn't handle a problem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Brunch order was poorly prepared. Waitress wasn't around so another waiter handled the problem. Eggs were still not right and nobody bothered to check.
- Well Worth TryingJaxFoodieDined on 9/6/2014I love Biscotti's for dinner. The food is always wonderful. I decided to make reservations for my boyfriend and myself during lunchtime to try them out for a quick bite while exploring the area. We were seated quickly, thank goodness for Open Table! The food was great, they had lunch and brunch being served at the same time so we got to try a few differenct dishes as well as dessert. I was thoroughly impressed with the appetizer, salad, pizza, waffles, and dessert we tried. Top that off with Bellini's and it was a great meal! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Our neighborhood Favorite!JaniefromJaxDined on 8/28/2014We live in the area and this is the place everyone wants to go when our out of town children or guests come to visit. Their first request is always Biscotti's. I'm not sure if it's the vibrant location, great food, or really to die for cakes, but they love it and so do my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Local SpotSafire11Dined on 8/25/2014Biscottis is a time tested establishment in the Avondale neighborhood. The unique menu items are delicious and the atmosphere is comfortable yet classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently amazing food!njordanDined on 8/23/2014We had a girls dinner on a Saturday night. With our Open Table reservation, our table was waiting for us so we had no wait. The grouper fingers were insanely good. We all ordered more than we could eat as the portions are healthy. We also had a great bottle of wine. Would definitely recommend for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special BrunchoutereaterDined on 8/17/2014Made a reservation for Sunday brunch. It was our first time here. We were 30 minutes early but they still sat us right away. The service was great. The waiter recommended the blueberry waffle with potatoes and bacon and on their regular menu the meatloaf. Overall experience was good. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DessertsmikeDined on 8/16/2014The food is good, but the desserts make this one of the best restaurants in Jacksonville. Saturday brunch is a great time to be at Biscotti's The service is always good and this was no exception, The serve was knowledgeable, friendly and despite being very busy, she was attentive to our every need. If you try the brunch, I can recommend the braised beef hash with eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was wonderful!jaxlawyerDined on 8/10/2014I will have to make the trip across town to Biscottis more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at BiscottisnewintownDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed a quiet early Sunday brunch at this restaurant (10 AM). During our meal the restaurant began to fill. Food and service were excellent. Menu is creative with some wrinkles on traditional items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great nightLikesit208Dined on 8/8/2014We love the uniqueness of Biscottis. My personal favorite is the salmon BLT with pesto pasta salad. Waitstaff has always been friendly and efficient. And who can forget the desserts! Huge pieces of cake to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed brunch with a friend! Food was great our waitress was the BEST...she even made a rose with the Strawberry on my Sangria...very talented!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite breakfast spotPicky1Dined on 7/27/2014Heard of Biscottis in 2013, shortly after moving here from MI. The owners were on the local tv news due to a small fire at their place, but promised to reopen quickly and be better than ever. It took us a few months and a visit from an old neighbor before we selected Biscottis for a Sunday breakfast. I so wish we'd come sooner, but now that we know it is every bit as great as others have reviewed, it will become a regular montly breakfast or lunch place for us!!! The bakery display is out of this world and I can't review that yet. I have plans to enjoy a slice of cake and a lunch on my upcoming 60th birthday. It's in the heart of a beautiful neighborhood and I so wish we had a Biscottis in my neighborhood!!Great staff as well!!Special Features:
- Delicious Foods, Nasty AttitudeBrendaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our server, Michael or Mike, was an absolute delight. Every recommendation was exactly as promised and delicious. Carrot-ginger-curry soup, Turkey Salad, Meatloaf open-face sandwich and extra hot double cappuccinos. His coworkers, hostess, management or perhaps the owner, literally drove us out of the restaurant with their attitude issues. We had a prime table at the window in a quiet corner and loved the view. Unfortunately, a party bigger than one room could contain needed every available space, including ours. Mike kept his composure and sweetness toward us, they made it abundantly clear for us to leave. Ironically, that party canceled and all had to be rearranged yet again. That bad flavor stopped all desire for Biscotti's desserts.Special Features:
- PHENOMINAL SERVICES!!!!!!MsKeniaDined on 7/26/2014THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME EVER GOING TO BISCOTTIS! MY GIRLFRIENDS & I HAD IT ON OUR TO DO LIST FOR EVER BUT NEVER FOUND THE TIME TO GO! THIS PATICULAR WEEKEND WE MADE IT OUR BUSINESS TO GO.....WE GOT LOST ALONG THE WAY (LOL)....BUT OVERALL THE SERVICES WAS AMAZING!!!! I LOVE THAT THEY HAD MY RESERVATIONS SET & READY FOR US EVEN THOUGH WE WERE 45 MINUTES LATE.....I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ALL MY GIRL FRIENDS TO ATTEND A BEAUTIFUL BRUNCH THERE.....YOU WILL ENJOY THE AMBIENCE!!!!!!! AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT HOSPITALITY!!!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO ANOTHER BRUNCH DATE REAL SOON!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Desserts but Horrible ServiceJennyonthegoDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went there for desserts. Our reservation was ignored and several people who came in after us was seated. When we were finally seated they placed us all the way in the back corner by the door leading outside that several waiters/waitresses would enter and exit out of, while there were plenty of tables still open in the restaurant. This led to anything loose and light on the table being blown off. Our server seemed attentive at first but once the words "We are here for desert only." left our mouth we never really saw him again. This was a big disappointment overall for my husband and I as this place has such great reviews. The desserts definitely lived up to reviews but the service did not (in our opinion).
- Ladynolz1Dined on 7/19/2014Awesome is the only way to describe. Specials are great. Service is great. Food is excellent and the desserts are so sinful. I will be back........ A lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table of nineYummyDined on 7/19/2014We had a large group for a birthday lunch on a Sat. and the service was excellent and all the food was yummy!Special Features:
- Great LunchDiLarsonDined on 7/16/2014Biscotti's always, always has the best Thai Chicken Salad. My guest loved the Salmon Salad. The bread is so sweet and fresh. Truly a timeless lunch spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite local spotsJaxcatDined on 7/6/2014We always look forward to dinner at Biscottis. On this evening we checked the online post of the dinner specials and were thrilled to see Wahoo listed. Unfortunately ion arrival they had changed it. We selected two other entrees, neither of which was quite up to the usual standard. Nothing wrong, just not what we were looking forward to. In future I will call ahead to verify what I see online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Go ToUNFSocProfVIPDined on 7/6/2014After living in the neighborhood for 8 years, I am a semi-regular at Biscottis. This most recent visit was for brunch. My go-to dish is the vegetarian omelet. Packed with delicious vegetables, it feels no less delicious when I ask them to prepare it with egg whites only. This also allows me to order the cheesy grits as a side and not feel at all heavy (or guilty). My dining companion ordered the corned beef hash, which was a hit on this occasion, and others. Beyond the brunch offerings, you will not be disappointed with their lunch or dessert options. The only think that mars the food at this neighborhood gem is the rather disappointing bread that accompanies their salads and soupSpecial Features:
- Excellent Gem in a great areaRickDined on 7/3/2014We hadn't been back to Biscottis since 2008 as we moved from the Jacksonville area to Texas. The décor is slightly different; albeit, extremely comfortable. Reminds me of restaurants in California and Toronto. Food is excellent as are the staff. I shouldn't have written this review as it may be hard to reserve a table with Open Table in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 169 reviews are from the Biscottis reviews archive.
- Not a crumb left on the platealittlesomethingsweetDined on 6/27/2014We each enjoyed something different - crunchy fish tacos, salmon blt, new south quesadilla - and no one left a crumb. Got desserts to go - fork-licking good. One of Jacksonville's best for dessert. Service was prompt, polite, helpful and attentive. It was bordering on noisy (every table was full), but we didn't have trouble hearing people at our table and we didn't overhear others' conversations..a lively environment. We'll return as often as we can. Worth the drive from the beaches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 6/22/2014superior restaurant -Food and Service- convenient to walk from neighborhoods nearby and you can almost always get a reservation. My 94 year old Mother loves the Apple Tart with ice cream and Coffee Mocha with lots of whipped cream. She grew up in the house with the very large Oak Tree on Shadowlawn---- she has been part of this venue a very long time. Sunday after church it's where she wants to go for Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Biscotti's!1947LadyDeVilleDined on 6/22/2014I have eaten at Biscotti's twice. The first time was to treat a friend to a birthday lunch. I had the special that day - braised short ribs - and they were the best I've ever eaten...fall off the bone tender, delicious flavor. They were served with really good mashed potatoes and perfectly cooked Green beans. My second visit was a Sunday.brunch. I enjoyed the made from scratch corned beef hash along with scrambled eggs. Again, the hash was delicious. My only complaint is that the toast was cold. Otherwise, the coffee was very good, the service excellent. There were five of us and all said their meals delicious. We were all very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leaking A/cOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014My only complaint is that one of the overhead ducts was dripping water on my table, albeit at a slow pace, but still annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodBonAppetitDined on 6/16/2014We ate lunch at Biscotti's to celebrate a special occasion. The food was absolutely delicious! We were seated across from the counter, which was a bit of a disappointment and the restaurant was a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchIHeartFoodVIPDined on 6/15/2014Great little find in the heart of Jacksonville. Hip location. Perfect for friends and families.Special Features:
- Biscotti's: A Jacksonville TreasureRichShelDined on 6/11/2014My wife and I enjoyed Biscotti's more than any restaurant in a long time. From our waiter, Stephen's, attention to detail, to the time he took explaining the menu, our entire visit was MORE than memorable. My wife enjoyed the tomato and mozzarella pizza, and I indulged in the tasty wahoo with orange glaze, swiss chard, okra, and andouille bread pudding. For dessert we shared the decadent cappuccino chocolate cake. Though mainly renowned for their desserts, Biscotti's overall package is what impresses. Oh, and the walk through the quaint Avondale district, as well as the drive down the mansion-lined streets was the "cherry on top" of the evening. We will tell our friends and return each time we are in Jacksonville. What a treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and desserts!islandchaser2Dined on 6/8/2014Atmosphere is great. Smaller build-out which is makes it more personal. Cool art on the wall by local artists. Cool menu with a good wine list. Definitely go here for the desserts. Tucked in the beautiful Avondale neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suburbandinersuburbandinerDined on 6/1/2014Ate there twice on a recent trip. lunch scene during the week. Noisy and crowded on Sunday. Service was good and food was very good. Because of the brick walls and wood, sound is amplified. I guess if I had wanted something quiet, I would have gone to Cozy Tea.Special Features:
- Great saladsFoodieDined on 5/25/2014We were recently at Biscotti for lunch. I had the salmon salad with lentils. Delicious, healthy and all fresh ingredients. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- DineoftenleavehappyDineoftenleaveHAPPYDined on 5/25/2014We love Biscottis! Nice servers,good food,convenient location near our children's home. We enjoy coming and we eat with you often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatLolaGVIPDined on 5/20/2014Everything is always great! We come here often! Service was great as usual. My only request is that a changing table be put into at least one of the bathrooms. I don't always bring my ten month old daughter, but I do bring her enough to find it inconvenient not to have one when necessaey. I find it odd that there isn't one considering it is a family/neighborhood restaurant and I always see atleast a few children there regularly. Other than that I have loved biscottis for going on 22 years! Been coming since I was about 6. 😃Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner in my book!PiggyDined on 5/16/2014I have NEVER been disappointed! When a friend suggests Biscotti's for lunch, it's a yes from me. My absolute favorite is the warm salmon, lentil salad. The staff is always very pleasureable and attentive. What more can I say. Yum!!Special Features:
- Mother' DayJustChewing2014Dined on 5/11/2014Overall a very good place to eat. The deserts are out of this world crazy good! The only down fall on this visit was that the staff failed to deliver a gift card to our table, which had been prepaid and prearranged by our son. They later apologized and provided him a refund.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.