Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
3801 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troplv.com/dining/biscayne
- Phone: 7027392222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: George Bargisen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
Our newest restaurant reinterprets the classic steakhouse with an innovative island flair.Continued
At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and top-grade fish, prepared and presented with a fresh new twist. This unique gathering spot promises an extensive selection of wines, with everything from Amarone to Zinfandel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Will Not ReturnBusinessTravelerVIPDined on 1/24/2013The price and the food did not match. This is everyday food with $10-20 added to a normal price. Luckily the service was good, which as what made the experience enjoyable. If you can't get Michelle to wait on you at the bar...then you might miss out on good service too. This place reminded me of a International Student Internship. Michelle was the ONLY person that was able to suggest menu items and think about what I would want as a customer before I needed to ask for it.
- Average Steaks Only!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013Biscayne is a nice restaurant. The ambiance (decor, atmosphere, etc.) was tasteful and matched the overall "beach club" theme of the hotel. It was quiet enough so that you could easily have a conversation with the person across from you. The service was prompt and very attentive. Overall, I have to say that the steaks are average. My partner had the filet mignon which was nicely cooked but really under seasoned. I had the bone in ribeye which was under seasoned and unevenly cooked. The side dishes were slightly overcooked also. Given the prices, I really expected better steaks. Given the choices of steak restaurants on the strip, I would recommend seeking another place if you are not staying at the Tropicana Resort.Special Features:
- This nice restaurant in TropicanaOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013This nice restaurant in Tropicana has very good steaks and a nice wine list, but they need some help in the area of seasoning. We ordered the short rib mac n' cheese bites because they sounded delicious, but I don't think they seasoned them at all after frying, they were so bland. I was really disappointed. My scallops, however, were cooked perfectly. I would definitely consider coming again.Special Features:
- A Treasure in ParadiseOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012I always dine at the Biscayne whenever I visit Las Vegas. This time we enjoyed dining there for New Year's Eve dinner and found the service to be exceptional and the food perfect as always. The place was busy due to the holiday but we were well attended to by the staff. The manager always comes by our table to greet us and thank us for visiting. The only issue I have is that my Lobster was a little cool from standing out before being served to me but not a deal breaker.Special Features:
- Excellent except for air qualityTolotDined on 12/29/2012Excellent food, best Filet Mignon I ever had. Service was also outstanding. Without a question, it was pricy but worth every dollar. Can get half-priced entree reservations at Tix-4-tonight. Downside: Rather bad air quality in the entire casino and adjacent restaurants
- Eh - so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Our visit was disappointing after reading a lot of rave reviews. We asked for a private table for our anniversary and even though the restaurant was 75% empty we were seated by the kitchen. There was a bright light over our table, not very romantic. The restaurant pipes in music that was a tad too loud. The food was average. Everything was very rich and all the dishes were very salty. Our waiter was moderately attentive and we inquired on the size of the side dishes and he said he thought two could share. More like four people could share a side and we over ordered. The busboy was great and they have a decent selection of wines for $25. We overheard the next table complaining their crab cakes were too rich and salty as well.Special Features:
- Prix Fixe dinner for $39.99OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Prix Fixe dinner for $39.99 with your Trop Plus card, which includes wine, is one of the best fine dining deals in Vegas!
- Tool my boyfriend for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 12/13/2012Tool my boyfriend for dinner here and he was hit impressed and they SUPRISED him and I with a cremè brûlée it's was deliciousSpecial Features:
- The food was absolutely delicious,GoodFoodGoodWineDined on 12/8/2012The food was absolutely delicious, from starters to dessert. Service exceptional. Not just a steakhouse, offered various food choices. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The appearance and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/7/2012The appearance and atmosphere was alright, but the service went down hill when my friend asked for vinaigrette on her salad and it was something else, followed by a discussion with a server who did not speak English well, who again brought the wrong thing. The fish looked presentable, by my filet was extra well done when I requested medium, I wouldn't even have been able to get it down, but they brought some sauce to put on it. My read on my 16 dollar salad and 50 dollar steak is go to apple-bees before you go to this place, the food quality is higher at apple bees
- Consider other restaurants betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2012We order filet mignon and wagyu skirt steak, and they were both not tender at all. For the price you are paying that type of steaks should not be so hard and dry. It ruined our trip paying not much for steaks so hard and dry.
- Great food. Great service.VegasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012Great food. Great service.Vegas prices.You are definitely made to feel welcome though.Special Features:
- Excellent food and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012Excellent food and excellent service. This was our second visit and it did not disappoint. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant, it is definitely one our favorites.Special Features:
- I came here with my familyZachAndDezDined on 11/2/2012I came here with my family to celebrate my 21st birthday and I could not be happier. I spent a lot of time picking out the right restaurant for my group and this was the perfect choice. The appetizers were amazing, we ordered the tartare, scallops, sushi, and one other that I dont recall but all were delicious. All of the steaks were cooked perfectly as was the fish. We even had a vegetarian in our group and they went out of their way to make sure she loved her food. I would definitely go again and recommend this to anyone who asks me where to getgood food in Vegas.Special Features:
- Food overall was good oneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Food overall was good one steak had grisell. Souchie appetizer tray excellentSpecial Features:
- It was a delightful spur ofOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2012It was a delightful spur of the moment dinner. The staff was friendly and the pre-fixe menu was phenomenal. The Tropicana has come a long way and is becoming one of our favorite Strip hotels. The Biscayne is proof of the new quality.Special Features:
- best prime rib we have had...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2012best prime rib we have had... done to perfection which was med rare... great side dishes,wild mushrooms,mashed potatoes with cheese and roasted tomatoes which have to be tasted to understand how wonderful they were!Special Features:
- The Biscayne is a fabulousceceVIPDined on 10/13/2012The Biscayne is a fabulous restaurant with every dining pleasure you can imagine. The salad we ordered was delicious so fresh and had this unbelievable dressing. I had the grilled seafood recommended by our waiter and my husband had the large filet. We shared the green beans with almonds that was more than enough for both of us. We thoroughly enjoyed dining at the Biscayne. This restaurant is one of our favorites in Las Vegas!!Special Features:
- Had their veal chop and itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Had their veal chop and it was positively delicious. Service was top-notch as well, friendly and attentive without being intrusive. Definitely recommend for a lovely Vegas treat.Special Features:
- Way Overpriced - food, wineOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2012Way Overpriced - food, wine and sides Easy to understand why on a Saturday they were only 1/3 full.
- Food was great. Service wastokiDined on 9/29/2012Food was great. Service was great. Big party came in and it was extremely loud. It was a Saturday night, so perhaps this is why. This was the only part that we didn't care for.Special Features:
- Dinner was very lovely,justOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012Dinner was very lovely,just as I had remembered it. The service was excellent and of course the food was. And of course the wine my server suggested just suited my taste like I had ask him to choose for me. I really enjoyed the time I was there. The attention was just perfect and the staff provided excellent service. I will return again and I know I will enjoy it just as much as I have before.
- We did not like the tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/22/2012We did not like the taste of anything we ordered. Oysters where tough, Sushi was fishy, primerib did not have a good flavor. Lobster Bisque was salty and had a strange aftertaste.
- Surprise birthdayYVillanueva1Dined on 9/16/2012One person in our party was celebrating his birthday, and Michael our server was delightful bringing out a dessert with a lit candle and singing Happy Birthday in Italian! That was a very special touch that we appreciated.Special Features:
- Good Prime Rib, the creamedHertzogVIPDined on 9/8/2012Good Prime Rib, the creamed spinach was a little heavy on the garlic. Not a problem for me but suggest that everyone has some in self defense.Special Features:
- Restaurant week menu. OtherOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/1/2012Restaurant week menu. Other than a dry and bland shrimp first course the rest was good to very good. Although positions itself as a steak restaurant, it is a very good place for fish. An added bonus is the under 25 wine list specials.
- The hidden gem of the TropicanaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2012The 4 course tasting dinner with wine pairing is very good value. Well timed and to the point waiter. Calm and romantic ambiance. An excellent dining experience, tucked away behind the tropicana casino, on the first floor.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere..decor remindssunshineDined on 8/30/2012Nice atmosphere..decor reminds me of South Beach; and, food presentation elegant.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2012This was a great restaurant for a special occasion. The service was really good, food did not take long. The food was excellent!! I think I had the best scallop appetizer ever in my life, I am still thinking about them. Steaks were delicious. I would certainly go back.Special Features:
- We throughly enjoyed ourHappytohelpDined on 8/17/2012We throughly enjoyed our meal at the Biscayne. Our waiter was attentive without being overly intrusive. My husband had the lobster bisque and being from New England it did the East coast justice he also had the Mahi mahi which he said was cooked perfectly as a side he had the asparagus cooked just the why he likes it with a bit of crunch. I had the onion soup which I thought could have used a touch of sherry otherwise delicious. Not wanting to over eat I had the seared scallop appetizer and string beans with the smoked bacon for my main course, perfect portion had nice flavor was delicious. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Good enough for a second chancemeganlou33Dined on 8/15/2012The restaurant was gorgeous, and my steak was well seasoned. My friends enjoyed their soup, salad, and scallops. These things made the restaurant "good" and I would go back and give it a second chance. What made Biscayne not "great," was that the food took a very long time. The appetizer and dinner did not flow well. I ordered the surf & turf with a medium well filet. My filet was undercooked (medium, even though it was butterflied), and my lobster was overcooked (too tough to eat). Give Biscayne a try for the atmosphere. If I return, I will be specific as to what I want, and I will speak up to make sure the specifics are perfect as it is a pricey place.Special Features:
- The restaurant was chosenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The restaurant was chosen as a romantic location for an Anniversary dinner. The service was great from the greeting by the hostess to the surprise desert at the end of the meal. The meal was a little pricey. For the price of the entree, the meal could have included one side dish and the one side dish that we chose - the lobster mac and cheese had a good taste but it was a little creamy. Our waiter recognized that is was our anniversary and brought us a complimentary desert. I would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- 3 of the party of 4 orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/20123 of the party of 4 ordered the prime rib. None of the 3 servings was edible due to the toughness of the meat. The fourth party ordered salmon and was served swordfish instead. Since time was a consideration, the order was not returned. The waitress never informed the table that the main courses did not come with any side dishes or ask if we wished to have any. The waitress simply brought the check and never asked if we wanted an after dinner coffee, etc.
- VIVA LAS VEGASOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012BE CAREFUL WITH THE BILL, YOU MIGHT FIND YOUR WAITER ADDING HER OWN TIP LIKE I DID. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME AND COMFORTABLE, THIS IS NOT THE PLACE. THE "CROOK" OOPS, I MEANT WAITER WANTED NOTHING MORE THAN TO GET MY FIANCEE AND I OUT THAT DOOR. THE STEAK WAS GOOD THOUGH.
- Absolutely fabulous!! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Absolutely fabulous!! The vegetable sampling is maybe four bites so be sure to order the sides you want to compliment your meal. One of the best steaks ever, didn't need any sauce, but those were also so good you could not pass them up. The waiter was great and informative. We couldn't have asked for a better dinner experience.Special Features:
- Great venue for Business Dinenr.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2012Great venue for Business Dinenr. Good view & Quiet. You should add Great for Business Dinner to your Special Features sectionSpecial Features:
- Highly recommded. This isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012Highly recommded. This is a great place hidden in the Trop. Great food, pricing you would expect to pay for the great quality and service you receive here. Both of our meals were superb.Special Features:
- We went there for our anniversaryChicEsqDined on 7/29/2012We went there for our anniversary before seeing the show Dancing With The Stars. I was disappointed. I don't remember whether the food was good or not. It was simply not memorable. I DO remember, however, that I was not impressed by the ambiance at all. I would not go there again.
- The food was really great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012The food was really great. Tender beef, great sides, good ambience. I highly recommend Biscayne.Special Features:
- good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2012Overall, the food and service was very good and we would go back. The steaks were seasoned and cooked nicely. The kobe slider appetizer was very good. The short rib mac & cheese bites were interesting to try and were good, but probably once was enough.Special Features: