Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
3801 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.troplv.com/dining/biscayne
- Phone: 7027392222x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Monday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: George Bargisen
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour
A word from Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas
Our newest restaurant reinterprets the classic steakhouse with an innovative island flair.Continued
At Biscayne, you'll find premium cuts of steak and top-grade fish, prepared and presented with a fresh new twist. This unique gathering spot promises an extensive selection of wines, with everything from Amarone to Zinfandel.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)fit for foodies (9)romantic (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (2)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Would Dine Here Again and AgainjomomcooksDined on 8/11/2014The food was excellent: had a bone-in Ribeye cooked to perfection as was hubby's filet mignon. The side of Asparagus with lemon butter sauce was to die for as well as the side of assorted sauteed mushrooms. Unfortunately we were to full to enjoy dessert but I'm sure it would have been wonderful. Can't recommend the wine list only because we had cocktails before dinner and didn't want any more to "drink".Special Features:
- Memorable Dinner...SueRainesDined on 8/2/2014We had a truly memorable family dinner for my mother in-law's 80th birthday! We asked the restaurant to make if fun and memorable, and they delivered on every count. The food was perfect, the seafood tower was fantastic and a favorite with everyone. There was quite a variety of appetizers and entrees to choose from. The steaks were cooked to perfection. The service was amazingly impressive. Michael was superb with his Italian rendition of the "happy birthday" song and so was everyone else --- they were so attentive to every detail that when I got up at one point and dropped my napkin, one of them ran over with a brand new clean napkin for me. We will definitely come back to this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love Biscayne!Steaklover123Dined on 7/29/2014Are here for our first time and loved it.! Very elegant. Great melt in your mouth steak. Our waiter was amazing- very attentive. Even brought my husband a birthday dessert.! Very pleased will defiantly return back here next time were in vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CjohnDined on 7/25/2014We were celebrating our 22nd Anniversary...everything was wonderful...the food was so good, the service excellent, and they even brought us a surprise dessert. All and all it was the best! we will be back for sure and will recommend it to all our friends...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite diningnoneDined on 7/23/2014We arrived early for our reservation and staff was most accommodating and seated us immediately. Wait staff was excellent and well=informed. Delightful experience before enjoying the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobLDined on 7/19/2014We loved Biscayne. It was our first time there and were not disappointed. Food was excellent; atmosphere was romantic and the service was outstanding. We will definitely go back to Biscayne on our next visit to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Portions alertGreatVIPDined on 7/13/2014Some of the entree items were very small, for example, the chicken dish was said to be a half chicken, however it was a very small leg and thigh. It was about the size of a cornish hen leg and thigh. The flat steak was also very small. The seafood pasta dish was great and had plenty of seafood. The sirloin was a well prepared and a nice portion. The side dishes were small as well they were about a portion and a half. Food was good, but pricy for what you received and the ambience did not make up for the lack of food portions.
- A relaxing vacation1GreatvacationDined on 6/14/2014We arrived before check in time and the valet parking (free) and bell attendant were very prompt. We were checked in with great efficiency and upgraded to a beautiful suite. We needed a non-smoking room and were easily accommodated. Dinner and service at the Biscayne Restaurant was outstanding. The pool side restaurant was perfect for lunch. We attended the play Mama Mia in the hotel and enjoyed it--great cast and great ABBA music! We enjoyed the large pool and fitness center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Biscayne is a nice place for that special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxed but attentiveMom4boysDined on 6/10/2014We celebrated my 50th birthday dinner before seeing the show Mamma Mia. All the employees who greeted, seated and served us were very welcoming and inviting. Our food server was excellent. He was very personable and friendly. When we asked about my need to order gluten free he went the extra steps to confirm my selections. We chose the prime-rib special and everything was delicious. Then for desert our server brought me a substitute item with a candle because they didn't think the dessert that was served with the special was free of gluten. We had a great time at the Tropicana and we will definitely recommend the Biscayne restaurant for an excellent dinner in a beautiful setting with outstanding service.Special Features:
- Excellent out of the way locationMattDined on 6/7/2014Biscayne is a quality find which doesn't seem to be known by many. Great food, quiet atmosphere, good service. Recommended if you are looking for last minute reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/5/2014The Biscayne's food and service was amazing!!! First time we were there and checked out the reviews online as well. If you are looking for great food and service, definitely come to the Biscayne.Special Features:
- Good overallLuizpmDined on 5/26/2014I thought the menu was very standard with a good quality. As other steak houses, also miss having rice as a side dish. The cocktail menu was on the ipad but the regular was not maybe they are on transition. Service was good. The most notable point was the decoration - clean and colors that are at the same time modern and upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Undercooked SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014Selected the Restaurant as we wanted to see a show there. It had been over 25+ years since we had eaten there. Dinner was a disappointment and was very pricey for the quality of the experience. Both seafood dishes were very undercooked. We did not finish the meals.. Very Disappointing meal..
- Anniversary DinnerjcarrollDined on 5/10/2014Had a most memorable experience at Biscayne. My wife and I were celebrating our 37th anniversary and had a meal that matched the occasion. The food was beautifully prepared and presented and the service was absolutely spot on. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a great meal in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- The following 233 reviews are from the Biscayne - Tropicana Las Vegas reviews archive.
- DinnerkingfishDined on 3/24/2014Service was excellent. Food very good but it would not be my first choice. Window view of the pool area was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW...WOW...WOWRyanZDined on 3/19/2014My wife and I tend to dine at a nice restaurant every trip to Vegas, and I am angry that it took us so long to come here, because we would have returned several times by now. Everything at this restaurant was top notch. You could really tell each staff member wants your experience to be incredible, from the hosts to the bartenders to the waiters everyone was great. The food was awesome. Surf and turf, scallops, deconstructed banana cream pie. All just over the top incredible. We loved every minute of our meal here and will surely recommend this place to family and friends, as well as return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All it was built up to be...Kfamily4Dined on 3/12/2014You see plaquards that the Biscayne Tropicana is the best steak place on the strip and it has lived up to our expectations. Not overpriced but not budget...service was impeccable with the server being pleasant and very knowledgeable about the menu and will to accommodate. They even comp a glass of wine for each person in the party and do a small discount if you are a member of the Casino's Players Club. My wife and I had steaks (the filet and Ny Strip) and it was awesome. Worth the cab ride or walk across the boulevard to eat at.Special Features:
- Con ExpoMichaelDined on 3/7/2014Great food, great service and great ambience. If you are staying at Tropicana, make sure to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2014Our server was very sweet and attentive. There were very few people in the restaurant, so it was nice and quiet. The cocktails were good, and the steak and mac and cheese were very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeSonnyDined on 2/26/2014Everything was great. Welcoming, Service, Food, everything was outstanding. They gave us a special table that we requested for our anniversary. Our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizer great, fish overcookedNellDined on 2/17/2014I looked on Yelp for good restaurants near where my conference was in LV. Biscayne was well reviewed, so I made a reservation. I was seated quickly, and the service was quick. The appetizer, heirloom tomatoes and burrata on toast, was wonderful. However, the halibut was overcooked (hard crust and dry inside), and I felt as though when I was asking the server which fish to get he simply recommended the most expensive one, repeatedly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- bisvaynesteakluverDined on 2/15/2014We went for a post valentines day dinner and the food was delicious. Not too expensive when you have the players card for tropicana. I had the bone in ribera and it was excellent. The seafood pasta is full of goodness and fresh seafood, with a wonderful cream sauce. The service could have been better, the waiter was not very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BlueDiamondCoyoteDined on 2/14/2014Great people, fantastic atmosphere, delicious food. Highly recommended for couples who need a quiet date night location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chop salad was excellent.DinerguyVIPDined on 2/10/2014Chop salad was excellent. Salmon was prepared perfectly. Will repeat next time in las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightmalzDined on 1/30/2014The service and attention to detail was excellent. The food from the Crab Cake, to entree's of Lamb and Beef were prepared with care and skill. I would recommend Biscayne to those looking for a quiet private dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnoyedSplinterDined on 1/17/2014The appetizer of seared Scallops was quite possibly the best Scallops i ever had. Unfortunately the Filet Mignon was not as amazing. It cut tough and was chewy rather than melt in your mouth like a good Filet should. 1st time in my life that i did not finish one, the waiter was kind enough to remove it from the bill. The lobster was decent and my girlfriends Mahi was good. Overall, maybe we just went on a bad night when we weren't in the mood for a loud crowd. The noise level was rather loud. it was easier to hear other tables than each other. it wasnt that they were talking loud. it was the acoustics of the room that enhanced the noise level. Overall, it was decent but not what i would expect from one of the Trops higher end places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealAZCraigVIPDined on 1/7/2014We did not plan to eat here but it was convenient and we were hungry. Surprisingly, it was very good food and service. Only downside was one of the sauces which was supposed to be a citrus/butter sauce but tasted like that yellow oil they put on movie popcorn. It was served in the side so not a big deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charging Extra For Steak SauceChuckDined on 12/31/2013No matter how good the service or food, sometimes an establishment does something in the "nickel and dime" department that ends up leaving a bad taste in the customers mouth. Hence this happened when we stumbled across a $6 charge for three little dishes of Steak Sauce at this "Steak House". It appears that new Management is trying to trying to find new ways to access their Customer's Wallets at a place that is not inexpensive by any standard. Also for those not a member of the Tropicana Gambling Club, you will have to pay $2 to $3 extra for each type of food (including al-a-cart side dishes) so make sure you join before dining here. I wonder how long it is before Management tries to charge Customers for the Pretzel Rolls or Tap WaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Booked for New Year's Eve but was very disappointed. It came highly recommended but I'm afraid only one of our party of four was happy with their meal.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013I like a well done steak. My steak was perfect, no pink and still juicy. If time permitted, I would have eaten at this restaurant more than once. I will definitely visit Biscayne on my next trip to Vegas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a very good SteakhouseGreatVIPDined on 12/29/2013The restaurant claims they are voted #1 steakhouse in Vegas, but I would disagree. The service was slow and the steaks were not good quality and not prepared properly. If the only choice for dining is in the Tropicana, I recommend the Italian restaurant across the hall. Don't waste your good money here.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Steaks are great. I have had the Porterhouse and New York Strip. None better in town! Today's Mac & Cheese is a must! Ask for Roland. Great waiter! :- )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st. time delightIlikesteakDined on 12/27/2013Beginning with the décor it is pleasant, well spaced and gives a sense of elegance. The staff is exceptional. Beginning with asking about seating preference to attending to your needs without being overly aggressive and interfering with conversation to ask if there is anything else needed. Our waiter was really helpful in letting us know the sides were served family style which meant rather than wasting food we could satisfy our appetite. Our choice of protein of twin lobster tails and 12oz. filet with mashed at the moment and lemon butter asparagus were all perfectly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish they had one in AzAzcoupleDined on 12/14/2013I went here for a business dinner and it was so good I came back two days later for our Anniversary dinner. Other than the wedding party that was going on the second visit, everything was spectacular. We would have preferred to sit inside but couldn't because of wedding. Michael, our waiter was exceptional the second evening. The service was a tad slow the first evening but that didn't stop me from wanting to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMaryDined on 12/13/2013Food was excellent for the price. The restaurant was not that busy so the server could have been more attentive. Took quite a long time to take our order. Don't let that sway you from going there because there are other more attentive servers.Special Features:
- UGHBBJIDVIPDined on 11/11/2013I stay at the Tropicana 2 times a month on business and this was my first and last visit to Biscayne. The food was marginal based on the price, but the service was just simply horrible. Long wait for waiter, then he forgot we had already received appetizer, food was unimpressive and then couldn't get our check. An hour and a half I will never get back. There are much better options at another casino.
- Excellent value on the StripPapagayoDined on 10/25/2013We went to Biscayne on a busy Friday night. We were seated promptly at 8 and immediately brought fresh bread and water. Overall the service was excellent. We shared the fried Mac and cheese w/pork belly appetizer ...excelent...followed by a bone-in ribeye for me and the scallops for my SO. Both entrees were perfectly cooked and seasoned. The sides are ala cart but enough for two. The food here is awesome! If you're looking for a great steak and a good value Biscayne is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOCTrojanDined on 10/23/2013There aren't many options at the Tropicana, but this place isn't terrible, just nothing special.
- Fab honeymoon mealdclewisDined on 10/16/2013Superb steak and seafood, portions are very generous but delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.