146 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biscaynetavern.com/
- Phone: 3053078300
- Hours of Operation:
Breatkfast: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Will Biscoe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The cozy and welcoming atmosphere at Biscayne Tavern serves as an ideal setting for your next corporate or social event. In addition to its main dining room and full-service bar area, Biscayne Tavern also features a private dining room equipped with a round table seating 10 people. Chef Will Biscoe brings an unpretentious and versatile gastro-tavern menu with items ranging from (healthy/lite and vegetarian options to quality steaks and decadent seafood dishes). Guests also have the option of sipping on a variety of micro brews, specialty cocktails and fine wines.
- Private Party Contact: Gabriela Icaza 3053584555
A word from Biscayne Tavern
Comfort meets style in Miami's newest gastro tavern by internationally-recognized restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow. Serving a variety of craft and seasonal ales, combined with irresistibly delicious updated takes on globally inspired classics (sourced locally when possible), Biscayne Tavern is the new neighborhood gathering post. A modern look combines natural wood elements and industrial accents with vintage details and amber lighting that invite diners to sit back, relax and be nourished.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Biscayne Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- DevastatingDeeDeeGDined on 8/10/2014The waiter was rude, the food was disappointing. We ordered the Mac and cheese which was the only good thing, and the fried chicken with potato salad which sadly enough we only ate the chicken and left the rest on the plate. It was a waste of $19. The manager could obviously sense we were upset so he offered drinks all around, but the waiter only brought those who had originally ordered drinks, New drinks. Shortly after a small roach was crawling on the wall behind my friend and the owner sent the waiter to remove it and nothing else was said. A two star rating is being generous. Truly devastating experience. I would not return.
- Poor Experience & Dishonest StaffRO13Dined on 7/23/2014Service is very inattentive and uncoordinated, I had multiple servers as well as managers repeat same question, weather I was ready to order or would like to have another cocktail, within short period of time. And it did take long time between server visits to replenish water and clear empty dishes. My friend ordered polenta with shrimp, shrimp were grossly overcooked and polenta cold inside, while pork shank that I have enjoyed was lukewarm with stale pasta. My previous experience in that restaurant can not be overlooked either, servers add gratuity (i was with only one friend) and do not tell guests about it while folding your check in half so you only see total, I consider it stealing.Special Features:
- Convenient placeIvetaVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great place to meet friends for drink and food. Great happy hours and nice menu. Dates wrapped in beef were excellent.Special Features:
- Would have a drink but not eat1anddoneDined on 6/14/2014had to call fire department because shrimp and grits was so spicy it started a fire in my daughters mouth. Supposedly made with tobasco sauce and waiter did not inform nor did it specify that on the menu. As for me my steak frites had more fat on it than obese hippo so food was atrociousSpecial Features:
- I expwxted moreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014Service waa great when we arrived because it was not busy. By the time we ordered dessert the bar and dining area was filling up. Our dessert took half hour to come and waiter did not refill water after I asked. It seemed like they forgotten us. Waiter kept saying dessert was coming but never did. I had to apporach the mamager who finally served our dessert, apologized and dessert ended up being on them..disappointed with the exception overall. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Biscayne Tavern reviews archive.
- Nice dinner spot!RachelJenneyVIPDined on 5/24/2014We planned to come here before Miami Heat bball game. Dinner was great, drinks were great! We were hungry after the game so we came back!! Late night menu (arrived around midnight) was the same as the dinner menu which was nice! They have a lot of craft beers which my husband loves and well mixed cocktails, which I love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food butheatfanDined on 5/24/2014Dynamite shrimps and fried chicken were outstanding. Although the wine list is almost inexistant, I would return there for the food. Best place for dinner before a Heat game.Special Features:
- Delicious! We will be back.AlexPVIPDined on 5/10/2014I do not remember the last time that I went to a restaurant and enjoyed every bite from start to finish (and we frequent restaurants quite a bit). We started off with the house chips with bleu cheese fondue and the dynamite shrimp. I had a couple dirty martinis and they were prepared perfectly. I had the Shrimp and Grits and it is by far the BEST Shrimp and Grits I've ever had. My husband had the burger and it was juicy and tasty. French fries were delicious. For dessert, we shared deep fried oreos and freshly made chocolate chip cookies which come served it - get this - a carton of milk! Service was spectacular. Our waiter was honest and attentive. Ambiance was cozy and modern. We cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time not as good?InesVIPDined on 5/9/2014I visited Biscayne Tavern for lunch and was so impressed: impeccable service, great food and fantastic cocktails. I was so pleased that I decided to take my husband and the second visit was not good at all. We had to send cocktails back because they were made with wrong ingredients, the food was subpar and the sat us in a back, corner table away from the rest of the restaurant. Although the service was still fantastic, don't think we'll be going back.Special Features:
- Heat Playoff Pre-game dinnerJoJoDined on 4/23/2014It was a wonderful dinner for three of us, terrific food, convenient location, and great offer for pregame meal.Special Features:
- Decent BrunchJocelynVDined on 4/20/2014My girlfriends and I stopped in for brunch after returning from a cruise. I had the Californian breakfast and it was good but nothing special. I also had a pretty good bloody mary. The service was somewhat lacking but might have been because we were sitting outside. I would probably recommend doing the buffet, it looked more tasty than what we ordered. Would go back for lunch/dinner next time.
- Great Place Near ArenaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2014Biscayne Tavern is a great upscale place with casual dining options on the menu. Grilled cheese is awesome. The drinks are great. No wait, pleasant atmosphere, and great servers. Not too pricey. Only complaint is that they did not have a few drinks available. Tried 3 times before I was able to get a drink from the menu. There were also some wines on the menu that weren't available.Special Features:
- Heat Fan get togetherHeat1Dined on 4/11/2014Great place to meet before or after a Heat game. Close enough to walk, good parking, and great fun atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good....Foodie2nightVIPDined on 4/8/2014Biscayne Tavern is a good option in the area. The food was good just not great. The service was ok, could have been friendlier.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOSE ISLAND MIGRATION WEEKMadMadMikeDined on 3/20/2014My first experience at Biscayne Tavern - I came with my wife and friend for the Goose Island Brewery Tap Takeover. The good news is that the place was very empty. That is also the bad news. Tap takeovers - especially with limited release and special tastes are usually very well attended affairs. Especially when brewery representatives show up. So - The food was very good but quite pricey, service OK, bathrooms round the corner and down the hotel lobby hall. Overall - a good experience and a nice place. I hope they invite the beer snob crowd again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelleny restaurant!! orderluifi13Dined on 3/16/2014excelleny restaurant!! order the pork shank, out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat before eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014Good food! Great service. Walking distance to the Triple A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/27/2014We had a fried chicken that was tasteless and could not eat. Had to give it back to the kitchen. Fish and chips are ok nothing special, and the ribs are sub par.. Had to ask repeditly for our dring, limes and sugar..
- Neighborhood findThomasVIPDined on 2/15/2014Place is great for burgers, sandwiches and a fine selection of artisanal and local beers. Ryan is a wonderful and helpful serverSpecial Features:
- Can't wait to go back!VanessaDined on 2/14/2014Lots of TVs and excellent beer selection! A mistake was made on our order and our waiter was great about resolving our problem as we'll as the management and brought our order out promptly. Excellent customer service can't wait to return! The food was also delicious and good portions with great pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet Tavern- Delicious FindsLaTeliDined on 2/14/2014This is a great upscale tavern with unique, delectable finds. The fig-goat cheese appetizer was surprisingly tasty! The Pork Shank Spaetzle had great flavor, was super tender and super filling...I'd recommend ordering if you have a healthy appetite! The shank could feed three people! I definitely recommend if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InterestingEjh470Dined on 2/2/2014Caveat this with superbowl sunday and Miami marathon. Service ok. we got copped an attitude awhen we asked for a different table. we had a reservation. It appeared to be a Super Bowl thing for people reserving certain tables for the tVs. The kitchen was a little slow.. They said it was the volume, but the delay was with fried calamari, so I think they forgot to put the order in... everyone was friendly so no big deal since we stayed till half time... We really liked the creativity of the menu, but didn't sample much of it. The big downside was beer available vs beer menu. If you market as craft-style, you need to educate your servers! 3x on the first order waitress back and forth just to tell me the craft beer Iwasn't available.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level could not be judged,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/25/2014Noise level could not be judged, since we dined early - 5 pm on a Saturday. Enjoyed the quiet atmosphere while eating Brussels sprouts sauteed with hazelnuts and a tuna burger. Both delicious!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant findfoodadventureDined on 1/17/2014We had a group of 10 diners. Wait service was very personable and attentive We each had ordered different items from the menu. The meatloaf was a maxing One of the favorite dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a real neighborhoodThomasVIPDined on 1/12/2014This place is a real neighborhood gem. The food is delicious, the daily specials reliable and the preface deal including parking can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!!!LuisDined on 12/31/2013We celebrated new year's Eve in the restaurant and it was great. The Food was amazing, the server super cool and the drinks were great. Happy New Year guys!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for My MoneyJackDined on 12/31/2013Service was friendly when present but often absent. Ordered med. rare steak and fries to play safe but the steak was tiny and cremated. Fries had been sitting out long enough to get cold and soggy. Had it have been better I would also have considered the portion small. No waiter in sight to discuss my concerns before everyone else was done. Calamari was tasty , again serving too small-- Its a sharing dish. Ribs were OK. Draft beer menu was OK. Liked the #9.Special Features:
- George did a great job, a 10!HullmineVIPDined on 12/31/2013We loved the tuna burger, in fact, came back a second night to have it again. George did a great job serving us the second night. Sean served us NY Eve was extremely polite and attentive, however, Sean never offered us a second beer and my husbands glass was empty half the night, an opportunity missed for Sean to sell more beer, however, it was NY Eve and he was very busy. I would visit again and be happy for Sean or George to serve us and the food was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was in town for a night waitingSTP72VIPDined on 12/28/2013Was in town for a night waiting for a flight decided to give this a try, I was not impressed. Like a few places I went to during my time in Miami the service was awful. My suggestion would be to find a low key place and bring lots of friends so you wont care if it takes all night to get served. While the waiter talked a good game for the entrees the kitchen staff fell short on execution and everythign was just lackluster.
- The food was delicious. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/24/2013The food was delicious. The restaurant is connected to a hotel. It was Christmas Eve, and there were children everywhere, not sure if it was because the hotel/restaurant markets itself towards being kid friendly which is fine, but it was loud. Kids crying, stools being knocked over, etc. I really enjoyed my dinner and wanted to order more, but the poor bartender had to pick up tables on the restaurant floor, and was too overwhelmed to tend to me. Still all and all I enjoyed my dinner and would dine here again, but this is not the restaurant for quiet reflection.Special Features:
- great beers and pub foodlovegoodfoodVIPDined on 12/24/2013Overall a fun and tasty experience - went on Christmas Eve for dinner w/3 generations. Beer menu is excellent. Food highlights were the Tuna burger - five stars - beef burgers and Mac-n-cheese. Choc chip cookies were delicious for dessert. Service was entertaining; kitchen was not speedy but not particularly slow - nice for a relaxed evening.Special Features:
- Great new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2013Visited Biscayne Tavern the other night. Great new find that was featured on Eater. Food was delicious. Service was a little slow and the beer could've been colder, but will definitely be visiting this spot again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Gravy is awesome!cookfreeDined on 12/8/2013We hope management doesn't give up on this gem of a hotel dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Downtown Go-ToOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/30/2013So happy this has popped up in the neighborhood. Food, service and setting are all top-notch.Special Features:
- Good For LocationJDub01Dined on 11/24/2013Was on way to Concert at AAA. Was a football Sunday so Biscayne Tavern was a perfect location. Decor was welcoming and Pub-Like. Service seemed ok. Menu items sounded delicious. Beyond that everything else was average at best. Parking was vague as the garage next door was closed and it was pouring outside. The good is also decent but not for foodies.Special Features:
- On the way to the HEAT gameHARDDO91VIPDined on 11/19/2013Took my young nephew for a wonderful evening with grub and Miami Heat. It all went exceptionally well and we will be back to one of my favorite watering holeI would recommend this to a friend.
- We were disappointed withJoseDined on 11/15/2013We were disappointed with the service, although it was no full, the server forgot we existed and I had to get up to get us drinks at the bar and also ask other servers for the status of our food. Overall we were very disappointed in the food, the service and the location of the restaurant. We will not visit this place again.
- Our retreat before HEAT gamesHARDDO91VIPDined on 11/9/2013They reserved a room for us with our our own big screen TV! We always enjoy our drinks and eats here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shockingly disappointedNanyVIPDined on 11/5/2013Was so excited about going to this place...heard so much about it and yet it was sooooooooooo disappointing. Servers were nice--and quite apologetic for what we experienced, but still...VERY DISAPPOINTED.
- Hold the Spice! Easy bake oven!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2013Cool vibe to the place. Staff couldn't be more friendly. They just were too heavy on the spices. Saturday Prime Rib came with a Cajun spice which we requested be removed. Received a salt lick piece of meat. Chicken had gobs of black pepper under the skin. Chicken and mac and cheese could have been taken out earlier to keep the meat from drying and the keep the cheese oozing. Great beer and sports on screen.Special Features: