1229 rue de la montagne
Montreal, QC H3G 1Z2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bisristorante.com/
- Phone: 5148663234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30 pm - 11:00 pm; Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Carvalho / Aldo Mazzaferro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from BIS Ristorante
Want to eat where the Hollywood stars go to enjoy a meal in Montreal? Then make your reservation at Ristorante Bis! With our diverse and exciting menu and our wide selection of fine wines from every region in Italy, we’re a popular destination for the most discerning palettes! Give yourself the red carpet treatment and enjoy an evening with us. Looking for a calorie conscious meal? Ask your server about our under 475 calorie menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
BIS Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BIS Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good food & very accommodatingKevinSDined on 8/20/2014Overheard someone mention the restaurant and decided to try it. Wife had pasta primavera and I had veal scaloppine. Asked them to modify the scaloppine a little and they did. Also asked for a Amal pasta with some vegetables and they were very accommodating. Service was excellent from Marcel and the owner stopped by the table a few times. Shared a dessert - chocolate mousse cake and it was excellent. Decent wine list. Not inexpensive but reasonable for the quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal and evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Romantic ambiance, attentive waiters, delicious food. It was a perfect evening of excellent food, drink and attentive staff. Will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluesyDined on 8/8/2014After eating pasta carbonara in Rome, I was looking forward to having this at Bis Restaurant. Unfortunately, the Bis version bore no relation to the classic dish. We make it better at home. Our dining experience was very average.
- YumElizabethDined on 8/3/2014Really good food, but the pasta needs to be requested 'for two', as too rich for a main. Wonderful wine - an Antinori, ask the maître. Good ambience, couldn't gave asked for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TiggsDined on 7/31/2014After several visits to Bis each time it seems like the food gets even better than the last! Risotto is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian in MontrealLouisvilleGilDined on 7/30/2014A very good yet a little expensive dinner for two. Don't expect an extensive choice of pastas, but do expect well prepared northern Italian dishes. The desserts were a plus.Special Features:
- Nice Italian RestaurantJimVDined on 7/13/2014We were looking for something close to our hotel and found this little gem right down the street. We had a great meal in a nice quiet atmosphere - just what we were looking for after a day full of walking around Montreal. The food and service were great. We highly recommend Bis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!BeachnutDined on 7/12/2014Bis Restaurant is our favorite Italian restaurant in the city of Montreal- bar none! The ambiance is warm and relaxng, the service is impeccable and the hospitality- well, you can't do any better than this! The menu is large enough to offer enough variety but small enough that you know that the food is home-grown and home-cooked, just as if you were in Mama's kitchen. The servers are well versed in their wines and the selection is lovely. Although this is an expensive experience in dining, it is authentic and memorable- one that you will not forget. I would rather have one great meal worth every cent in food quality, ambience and hospitality than two meals that were average. Choose The Best!Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodieNB60Dined on 7/12/2014The lamb ragu was lovely. Our waiter helped with our wine pairing. Shared the lentil salad which was quite delicious & tasty. Servings are generous. Desserts looked much too big for an upscale restaurant so we skipped we opted for the cheese plate & port which was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was OK.ByrdVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was fine, but nothing great considering the price. The portions were small. The service was very slow and inconsistent.Special Features:
- Fabulous, a must!TiggsDined on 7/2/2014Highly recommend, food and service are outstanding, come prepared to be wowed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIS you should miss!Live4foodDined on 6/29/2014In a city so wonderful filled with parks, museums, shopping, patisseries, cafés, Resturants and beautiful helpful French Canadian people that appreciate the finer things in life you have a horrible place called BIS I guess it like going into Time Square in NYC and getting trapped at one of those tourist establiments. I feel like we paid $180 for 2 of us to eat a bowl of pasta. that my child could of prepared, two plates of arugula ,one so so veal entree and two shots of house wine. The food was just not good and the service was even worse!! The owner who tried to "help" made the experance miserable . We should have known when we walked thru the door. My advice ... run from this so called Resturant !
- Excellent food/service/ambienceNhdinersDined on 6/21/2014Bis is a hidden gem.. The Bis experience is special from the moment you enter. You are greeted warmly by Marcello, one of the co-owners, and the waitstaff is friendly and efficient. The food(veal) phenomenal!!!Special Features:
- Eccellente!dglambethDined on 6/16/2014Took partner here on his birthday. As visitors to the city, we relied upon online reviews and were very happy with BIS; very good service and great food. I can still remember that excellent osso buco, several days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its been there a long time....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014There is always a good reason why some restaurants last a long time ... and BIS is one of them. Delicious Italian food with a great wine list. From my perspective perfect for business lunches.Special Features:
- Rave Reviews for BisCoconnorDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I have been eating at Bis for 20 + years. We found it on one of our first trips to Montreal and fell in love with the food, the staff - the entire experience. We visit on one of the busiest weekends of the year (Grand Prix) and it is something that we look forward to on every trip. Regardless of how busy they are, the wait staff are attentive, kind, efficient and patient. The food is amazing (ask for the stuff veal chop - may not be on the menu but their chef will prepare it for you. You won't be disappointed.) Their pasta never disappoints. It is not an inexpensive evening but it is worth the money. We have recommended Bis to every person we know who is visiting Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianRikkaDined on 6/3/2014Good food cooked in an authentic Italian way by real Italians .... Agree with the other good reviews and would pick this restaurant again if in MontrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014Ambiance and service was excellant, 2 of us had the fish and it was done to perfection, Veal liver was sent back because it was not warm enough however when it was returned client really enjoyed it. If attention to the plate would have done by the kitchen then I would have to say it was a perfect lunch.
- Definitely 5 star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014BIS was recommended to me by another who said it was one of the best in Montreal. I was visiting Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014This restaurant was fabulous! Food was great, the staff very knowledgeable and fun. Easy to get a cab to and from. \had a very nice wine list with options that were not too pricey. We were 6 at a nice round table. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Cuisine in DowntownhappycamperDined on 5/6/2014I had the Tagliolini with a Lamb Sauce. The meal was good and the service attentive. I would go back.Special Features:
- Risto BisLuv2dineitalianDined on 5/6/2014The closest thing to fine dining in Italy. The pasta and sauce are prepared with exquisite Italian style.the salads are prepared with fine extra virgin oil and fine balsam vinegar.you have the option of adding these ingredients to your salad.You are then given chestnuts and the coffee is of the real Italian espresso.I will definitely return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal at BIS!WineBarbarianVIPDined on 5/3/2014We visited BIS twice when visiting Montreal in 2012 and had wonderful food and service Italian style. We came back to Montreal this week and had another great meal - so we are going again tonight! Attentive staff - dealt quickly and efficiently to move us to another table when a problem occurred - and made good wine list recommendations from their excellent Italian selection. Superb pasta and often a wild game option on the daily menu. Molto bene! Grazie mille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Evening!!JeffNicoleDined on 4/26/2014Everything was outstanding and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Great food and ambiance made the night perfect! Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!FlysBoeingJetsDined on 4/26/2014In YUL for a conference and booked @ BIS. Cannot speak highly enough about the food and service. Two of us had the specials (one the stuffed veal chop and the other the bison in a red wine reduction) and the other two ordered off the menu (Osso Bucco and seafood risotto). Everything was cooked perfectly and the portion sizes were quite generous. You won't leave BIS hungry. This will be a "must dine" the next time I am in YUL.Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the BIS Ristorante reviews archive.
- Belle expérience gastronomiqueLoudecDined on 4/15/2014L'accueil est chaleureux, précis sans délais d'attente. Menue varier et invitant avec plusieurs exclusivité. Nourriture cuite à la perfection et service hors pair. Un peut dispendieux mais excellent rapport qualité prix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, bad serviceloveItalianFoodDined on 4/13/2014The food was average. The bread they served us was old and there was no butter. We ordered Mozzarella di bufala Capres, it was OK. I asked for "Insalata di rughetta con Parmigiano Reggiano croccante" but they didn't have it anymore. I took the mixed salad it was very average. For the main dishes we ordered the "Cotoletta alla Milanese", the veal was good but I had the same crappy salad, the server couldn't tell me it's the same. We also ordered "Spaghetti alla CARBONARA" and they were average. Overall the food is average and the service it bad, I'm not going back for sure. Don't waste your money.Special Features:
- Splendid food and serviceSvmoyneurDined on 3/6/2014Food is awesome, they can prepare anything to your liking as long as it is italian and they have the ingredients. Service is as always excellent. I have been there more than 20 times for different occasions and I never was disapointed. A must in Montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family-stylegentooraDined on 2/25/2014Comfortable setting, good food, very good and friendly service, and a good family-style ambiance.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing little restaurantcamp0619Dined on 2/24/2014I took my girlfriend here completely blind and it was fantastic. I have never been anywhere with better service.. Both the owner and the waiter were very friendly and enjoyed sparking small talk, but they were not interrupting anything. They were also always there to poor our glasses of wine and make sure everything was ok. I had the spaghetti and it was quite delicious, but not incredible. However, you could taste the authenticity and care put into the dish.. It tasted homemade, which is most important. Great ambience, feels cozy and comfortable. Very good for dates, special occasions or even a fancy business meeting location. Prices were fair. Highly recommend this restaurant if you are in montreal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!frenchieDined on 2/19/2014Two words - Pasta Barbaresco - Potentially the single most delicious thing I've ever put in my mouth - Yes, yes, yes - I recommend this restaurant to all those who truly enjoy fine dining!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bon mais pas exceptionnelricksd21Dined on 2/16/2014super service, super personnel, belle ambiance, nourriture tres bonne mais pas de calibre a ce prix bin pour un souper de semaineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy CustomerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Very impressed with the quality of the food...everything tasted great and the food was served in a timely manner. Aldo was very friendly and the service was very good too. Will definetly return and I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what i was i expectingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Good food but i was expecting more for a italian restaurant.... Plate presentaions was awful, I took the veal with a cream sauce of porcini and truffle the veal was really good but too much sauce and i had a small portion of mashed potatoes which i thought pasta would go better with the veal and a little portion of vegetable all you could see was the sauce in the plate.... For 35$ the plate i was definetly expecting more of this italian restaurant.... :-((
- Excelent foodPumaDined on 2/8/2014I visited Montreal with my gf to cellebrate her b-day. We had dinner at BIS and the food was just amazing. Best Italian restaurant I've ever been foodwise.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian FoodSylaDined on 1/18/2014The food is excellent so it the wine list, We had the filet mignon and the Osso Buco both were delicious. Everyone is very welcoming and pleasant, Every time I go to BIS, I am always very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veal with truffle sauce amazing!PradaSueDined on 1/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our late evening dinner at this place - started with fresh green salads, nice light flavorful dressings. The veal with truffle sauce was cooked perfectly & the sauce was superb. A great wine list but when we could not decide on a wine, our waiter chose a bottle for us based on what we described. It was perfect - delicious and affordable. We were treated extremely well, friendly staff who knew the menu thoroughly. Dessert was excellent - we will be returning for the peach cake! A very enjoyable experience with fresh, well prepared food. You can't go wrong at BIS Ristorante. Five stars!Special Features:
- Great New Years Eve dinner,AntonioItaliaDined on 12/31/2013Great New Years Eve dinner, ambience and service are above par. Had the linguine pescatore...absolutely phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WarmthMauraVIPDined on 12/20/2013We dined at this restaurant on a cold Montreal night. We're from the states, and in general, many of the Canadian restaurants are expensive. This one was worth the price. The food was exceptional, the service was great and the atmosphere was warm and cozy. We left feeling valued and satisfied.Special Features:
- Stellar food out of Mama's kitchenasg101VIPDined on 12/14/2013The food, the service and the ambiance makes your dining experience at Bis wonderful. Everything is delicious and the staff go out of their way to create a delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.