1229 rue de la montagne
Montreal, QC H3G 1Z2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bisristorante.com/
- Phone: (514) 866-3234
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 am - 3:30 pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30 pm - 11:00 pm; Saturday - Sunday: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Carvalho / Aldo Mazzaferro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from BIS Ristorante
Want to eat where the Hollywood stars go to enjoy a meal in Montreal? Then make your reservation at Ristorante Bis! With our diverse and exciting menu and our wide selection of fine wines from every region in Italy, we’re a popular destination for the most discerning palettes! Give yourself the red carpet treatment and enjoy an evening with us. Looking for a calorie conscious meal? Ask your server about our under 475 calorie menu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
BIS Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
BIS Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (29)special occasion (21)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (8)late-night find (6)good for groups (4)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fine food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014One of our best Italian restaurants. We are Montrealers and we return again and again. We are never disappointed. Fine food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Great dining experience with great food and service. Location is excellent. They consistently amaze me.Special Features:
- BIS in CanadasodbusterDined on 10/31/2014superb in all respects. Extraordinary cuisine and stellar staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm welcoming & deliciousDiningduoDined on 10/25/2014We recently ate at Bis one of our favourite Montreal restaurants The food is always great, the service was excellent & our friends who were there for the first time loved it as well Thanks for another great eveningSpecial Features:
- Be RomanticGastroPierreDined on 10/25/2014Bring your date here. Tables are not too close together, the window provides a nice view. Service is impeccable and makes the evening memorable. Dishes are lovingly prepared and our request to share the main dish was received with pleasure. Pasta dishes are perfectly cooked. Our appetizer pasta dish with shaved truffles was really to die for. Will be back!Special Features:
- Overall Very GoodAliSyyedDined on 10/11/2014Only thing that I would change is minimizing the price of the food since it does not completely reflects it's quality. Thanks, AliSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCram45Dined on 10/11/2014Very good food. Our waitress Katherine certainly was in character all evening with her hospitality and keenness. Very charming place with lots if photos to look at on your why up to the wc. Also, only place I've ever encountered where they have a dental floss dispenser in the washrooms. That was a wow for us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestAndreDined on 10/7/2014The Bis...you must go soon...the Veal scalopine and veal shop outstanding...the service can not be better ..the Owner check on the customers all time. We at Bis to celebrate our 53iem anniversaire....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great from soup up to nutsPapillonfanDined on 9/27/2014Food was great. Staff friendly. Served complimentary meatballs to begin. Ended with complimentary walnuts! Enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- this is service?realworldDined on 9/27/2014we ordered a wine,the waiter came back with a different wine,said they were out of the first wine,and suggested we take the new wine because "it is 29.00 cheaper".we asked for the wine list and they found original wine.said he would bring water oil and bread.did not happen. asked another waiter for these items and received them.did not see him again as the food was brought by others. finished our meal and waited 30 minutes for desert menus. asked another waitperson and got menus.after 20 minutes of no one coming by i asked for a check.original waiter showed up and said he was "giving us time to finish our wine".how does that equate to no service after we ask for dessert menus?
- BISQuiltDined on 9/19/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Fine Italian FoodSylaDined on 9/17/2014BIS is always my first choice of restaurant when I am downtown for dinner, I know the food is always good and tasty, and the wine list is impressive, the waiter suggested a wine that was exactly to our liking. We were I was going to see a show at the Bell center and we were served in time to make the show,,, not rushed. Everyone is very nice, smiling and they make sure we enjoy we are enjoying our dinner. I love that place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceMaryVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were in Montreal for work and wanted to have a nice lunch before we left. The food and service were perfect and the best we had in Montreal. Being from chicago, I have very high standards for restaurants and this was a great find. The servers and manager were friendly and helpful. Many others in the restaurant were in suits for business lunches and we were business casual but were welcomed and did not feel out of place. Great restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEddieDined on 9/14/2014Everything was great,people were so attentive and the food was excellent. Setting is really great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely terrific!RIRedDined on 9/12/2014Ate here a week or so ago during a vacation in Montreal and I can't recommend it highly enough. You are made to feel welcome the moment you walk in the door. Warm, inviting interior and attentive service. Our food was excellent. I had the spaghetti carbonara and my husband had a shrimp and scallop risotto. I wouldn't hesitate to come back here again. And if they were located in Rhode Island, I would eat here all the time!Special Features:
- Great evening!Chef99Dined on 8/30/2014Booked reservation last minute and had a great table window side. Was in town from Toronto for a wedding, and Saturday night was our our only free night together. Service was good, food options and quality were also good. Had the owner Marcello personally assist with service which found very pleasant. Being a chef myself and in the restaurant business, it's nice to dine out and be treated well without the establishment knowing my food and beverage background. Would definitely recommend for a quite dinner out. Ciao Marcello, will see you when I return to Montreal hopefully sooner than later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TosetaDined on 8/24/2014The décor and service was good. Bu I really expected more from the cuisine. Absolutely nothing special. Just regular Italian, although the menu is very appealing.Special Features:
- Good food & very accommodatingKevinSDined on 8/20/2014Overheard someone mention the restaurant and decided to try it. Wife had pasta primavera and I had veal scaloppine. Asked them to modify the scaloppine a little and they did. Also asked for a Amal pasta with some vegetables and they were very accommodating. Service was excellent from Marcel and the owner stopped by the table a few times. Shared a dessert - chocolate mousse cake and it was excellent. Decent wine list. Not inexpensive but reasonable for the quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal and evening.MtldinersDined on 8/18/2014Romantic ambiance, attentive waiters, delicious food. It was a perfect evening of excellent food, drink and attentive staff. Will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bluesyDined on 8/8/2014After eating pasta carbonara in Rome, I was looking forward to having this at Bis Restaurant. Unfortunately, the Bis version bore no relation to the classic dish. We make it better at home. Our dining experience was very average.
- YumElizabethDined on 8/3/2014Really good food, but the pasta needs to be requested 'for two', as too rich for a main. Wonderful wine - an Antinori, ask the maître. Good ambience, couldn't gave asked for a better meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!TiggsDined on 7/31/2014After several visits to Bis each time it seems like the food gets even better than the last! Risotto is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Italian in MontrealLouisvilleGilDined on 7/30/2014A very good yet a little expensive dinner for two. Don't expect an extensive choice of pastas, but do expect well prepared northern Italian dishes. The desserts were a plus.Special Features:
- The following 78 reviews are from the BIS Ristorante reviews archive.
- Nice Italian RestaurantJimVDined on 7/13/2014We were looking for something close to our hotel and found this little gem right down the street. We had a great meal in a nice quiet atmosphere - just what we were looking for after a day full of walking around Montreal. The food and service were great. We highly recommend Bis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!BeachnutDined on 7/12/2014Bis Restaurant is our favorite Italian restaurant in the city of Montreal- bar none! The ambiance is warm and relaxng, the service is impeccable and the hospitality- well, you can't do any better than this! The menu is large enough to offer enough variety but small enough that you know that the food is home-grown and home-cooked, just as if you were in Mama's kitchen. The servers are well versed in their wines and the selection is lovely. Although this is an expensive experience in dining, it is authentic and memorable- one that you will not forget. I would rather have one great meal worth every cent in food quality, ambience and hospitality than two meals that were average. Choose The Best!Special Features:
- Authentic ItalianFoodieNB60VIPDined on 7/12/2014The lamb ragu was lovely. Our waiter helped with our wine pairing. Shared the lentil salad which was quite delicious & tasty. Servings are generous. Desserts looked much too big for an upscale restaurant so we skipped we opted for the cheese plate & port which was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was OK.ByrdVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food was fine, but nothing great considering the price. The portions were small. The service was very slow and inconsistent.Special Features:
- Fabulous, a must!TiggsDined on 7/2/2014Highly recommend, food and service are outstanding, come prepared to be wowed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BIS you should miss!Live4foodDined on 6/29/2014In a city so wonderful filled with parks, museums, shopping, patisseries, cafés, Resturants and beautiful helpful French Canadian people that appreciate the finer things in life you have a horrible place called BIS I guess it like going into Time Square in NYC and getting trapped at one of those tourist establiments. I feel like we paid $180 for 2 of us to eat a bowl of pasta. that my child could of prepared, two plates of arugula ,one so so veal entree and two shots of house wine. The food was just not good and the service was even worse!! The owner who tried to "help" made the experance miserable . We should have known when we walked thru the door. My advice ... run from this so called Resturant !
- Excellent food/service/ambienceNhdinersDined on 6/21/2014Bis is a hidden gem.. The Bis experience is special from the moment you enter. You are greeted warmly by Marcello, one of the co-owners, and the waitstaff is friendly and efficient. The food(veal) phenomenal!!!Special Features:
- Eccellente!dglambethDined on 6/16/2014Took partner here on his birthday. As visitors to the city, we relied upon online reviews and were very happy with BIS; very good service and great food. I can still remember that excellent osso buco, several days later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its been there a long time....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014There is always a good reason why some restaurants last a long time ... and BIS is one of them. Delicious Italian food with a great wine list. From my perspective perfect for business lunches.Special Features:
- Rave Reviews for BisCoconnorVIPDined on 6/8/2014My husband and I have been eating at Bis for 20 + years. We found it on one of our first trips to Montreal and fell in love with the food, the staff - the entire experience. We visit on one of the busiest weekends of the year (Grand Prix) and it is something that we look forward to on every trip. Regardless of how busy they are, the wait staff are attentive, kind, efficient and patient. The food is amazing (ask for the stuff veal chop - may not be on the menu but their chef will prepare it for you. You won't be disappointed.) Their pasta never disappoints. It is not an inexpensive evening but it is worth the money. We have recommended Bis to every person we know who is visiting Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianRikkaDined on 6/3/2014Good food cooked in an authentic Italian way by real Italians .... Agree with the other good reviews and would pick this restaurant again if in MontrealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GinoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/3/2014Ambiance and service was excellant, 2 of us had the fish and it was done to perfection, Veal liver was sent back because it was not warm enough however when it was returned client really enjoyed it. If attention to the plate would have done by the kitchen then I would have to say it was a perfect lunch.
- Definitely 5 star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014BIS was recommended to me by another who said it was one of the best in Montreal. I was visiting Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/7/2014This restaurant was fabulous! Food was great, the staff very knowledgeable and fun. Easy to get a cab to and from. \had a very nice wine list with options that were not too pricey. We were 6 at a nice round table. I can hardly wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Cuisine in DowntownhappycamperDined on 5/6/2014I had the Tagliolini with a Lamb Sauce. The meal was good and the service attentive. I would go back.Special Features:
- Risto BisLuv2dineitalianDined on 5/6/2014The closest thing to fine dining in Italy. The pasta and sauce are prepared with exquisite Italian style.the salads are prepared with fine extra virgin oil and fine balsam vinegar.you have the option of adding these ingredients to your salad.You are then given chestnuts and the coffee is of the real Italian espresso.I will definitely return to this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal at BIS!WineBarbarianVIPDined on 5/3/2014We visited BIS twice when visiting Montreal in 2012 and had wonderful food and service Italian style. We came back to Montreal this week and had another great meal - so we are going again tonight! Attentive staff - dealt quickly and efficiently to move us to another table when a problem occurred - and made good wine list recommendations from their excellent Italian selection. Superb pasta and often a wild game option on the daily menu. Molto bene! Grazie mille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.