183 Riverside Ave.
Red Bank, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.birravino.com/
- Phone: 7328425990x
- Hours of Operation:
Opening September 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Victor Rallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Birravino has a semi-private dining area that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Special Events: Visit www.birravino.com for our complimentary wine tasting events!
A word from Birravino
Birravino is a new restaurant concept created by Vic Rallo, host of Eat! Drink! Italy! on Create TV. Over the past 10 years, Vic has been fortunate enough to travel to Italy more than 20 times, discovering the delicious food, wine and culture of the Italian people. During his journeys, Vic has cooked and eaten in both obscure and off-the-beaten path Italian kitchens, as well as restaurants run by famous Michelin starred chefs. These experiences have encouraged Vic to share his passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Birravino reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (12)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)notable wine list (7)great for lunch (4)special occasion (4)romantic (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (0)Show More
- Nice makeoverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014We always loved the restaurant when it was Basil's, but now we love it even more. It's a little noisy, it was tolerable and the service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry. We had the salad special and rice balls for starters and both were outstanding. For dinner, the potato pizza, vegetarian pizza and the Sunday gravy. All were delicious. Desserts were good too. The chocolate pudding with hazelnuts and caramel was really nice, as was the pistachio gelato. We also had the biscotti, which were a little dry, but the nicely flavored cannoli cream helped. Even the coffee was great. We've already made another reservation to go back!Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyDelneese1Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service were excellent but the noise level was ridiculous hard to hold any type of conversation. Our server had to repeat everything she said at both ends of the table. They should look into finding a way to keep the noise from bouncing off the ceiling. Otherwise I woul have given five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceItstheschistDined on 9/26/2014Overall wonderful experience from the moment we entered to the food, service. The new look is great. I like it better over Basil T. Fried olives, bolonaise and flat bread excellent. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Stunning Food - wonderful service!LondonycVIPDined on 9/22/2014Absolutely love this place!! Wish I could go millions of times per day. Pizza bianca was delicious. Olive appetiser is amazing. Can't say enough good things!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done.. Very nicely doneRoSoDined on 9/21/2014Our sever Alex was outstanding. She had great eye contact and talked up the specials, one of which we ordered. The sauce with rigatoni, sausage, and meatball. Wow! It was great. My wife had the salmon and our 10yr old son had the chicken parm. ALL of our plates were clean ! Would come back at the next chance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SURE BETSaraVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was just updated. It looks much more current now with a more open and energetic vibe. The food is outstanding . You can get reasonable bottles of wine and great food! Eat anything from a salad to a hearty meal. Great pizza, meatballs, fish, pasta. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie4FunVIPDined on 9/18/2014The renewed space looks. They opened up the main dining area very nicely. However, the remodeling also seemed to apply to the food. The prices remained the same, if not higher yet the portions seem t have gotten smaller. The prices are not worth the trip. And, the place is as loud as it ever was. Would be suitable enough for 1st time people, but for us who frequented the old Basil T's, it was disappointing.
- So loud I wouldn't return.SwissdogmomVIPDined on 9/17/2014The excellent food is completely overshadowed by the poor dining experience caused by excessive noise. The acoustics of the dining room make it impossible to hold a conversation, and we all left with a headache. I might order food to go, but will not return to sit in the dining room. The bar was actually quieter, and that is not saying much!Special Features:
- Very nice make-overfijixmVIPDined on 9/13/2014Visited on Saturday, first weekend opened. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. A little noisy inside, not much to absorb the sound. Very pleased and definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Will Go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent, Main dish is not that much so you have to order sides if your hungry. The pork saltimbocca as excellent! The new room is very noisy. they need to tone that down as it was hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Terrific, affordable foodFunforTwoDined on 9/10/2014The menu is great and the food terrific. They have kept the prices reasonable by not serving huge meals that you end up taking half of it home. Yet the portions are sufficient to satisfy you.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Birravino reviews archive.