183 Riverside Ave.
Red Bank, NJ 07701Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.birravino.com/
- Phone: 7328425990x
- Hours of Operation:
Opening September 2014
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Victor Rallo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Birravino has a semi-private dining area that can accommodate up to 50 guests.
- Special Events: Visit www.birravino.com for our complimentary wine tasting events!
A word from Birravino
Birravino is a new restaurant concept created by Vic Rallo, host of Eat! Drink! Italy! on Create TV. Over the past 10 years, Vic has been fortunate enough to travel to Italy more than 20 times, discovering the delicious food, wine and culture of the Italian people. During his journeys, Vic has cooked and eaten in both obscure and off-the-beaten path Italian kitchens, as well as restaurants run by famous Michelin starred chefs. These experiences have encouraged Vic to share his passion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Birravino - Best Restaurants in Red Bank ›
Birravino reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (20)kid-friendly (18)hot spot (17)notable wine list (16)great for lunch (10)romantic (7)special occasion (5)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (0)Show More
- Will come back...PhilDined on 10/22/2014We came in for dinner as we were customers at Basil T's numerous times. The food my husband and I had was excellent...the eggplant & rigatoni and the pumpkin ravioli. The antipasto was also very good. For us, we were disappointed for dessert. At Basil T's, my family & I loved the chocolate gelato & hoped to have that again. (Gelato was in between 2 cookies). We settled with the pistachio flavor which was just not the same! Please bring back the chocolate gelato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birravino is just okwifesabrucefanVIPDined on 10/19/2014Birravinno is a concept restaurant combining food, beer and wine. The result is mixed. Food is high quality and moderately priced. Wine is also reasonable. The beer, however, is overpriced. I do like the renovations from the previous fantastic restaurant. Although I will go less now, I probably still will go.Special Features:
- Lunch & Dinner Experiences Greatdbug216Dined on 10/18/2014The only reason I didn't give five stars is because the service was slow. My friend and I weren't in a hurry, but really wanted a bottle of wine and we were starving to at least nibble. The wait staff is great though. Pleasant and friendly. The food was terrific, and being a vegetarian, there was plenty for me to choose from. Of course customizing a few things; which they had no problem with. We enjoyed our girl night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShortyDined on 10/17/2014Appetizer was great..dinner was not so great. Very noisy with a mediocre wine list. Really miss basil T'S which catered more to a romantic evening out..did not feel it was worth the price..left feeling disappointedSpecial Features:
- New, Good, will probably improveVinceTinNJVIPDined on 10/17/2014We at early; arrived around 5:10pm. We were seated quickly but it took a while for our waiter to come over to us even with about 5 of them congregating in the dining room with nothing to do. The seating is uncomfortable. Ours were stainless steel. Not all were. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. The food was good. Newer Italian restaurant sauces can be over salted and over cooked but the food had great flavor. But I liked the flavors of the Italian food I was served and the vinaigrette on the salad was very nice and balanced. The meatballs could have been more dense and needed some more seasoning. I think everything was encouraging for a first visit. I will try them again, but I'll be sure to ask for a better seat.Special Features:
- PUSH, PUSH, PUSH!BobHDined on 10/15/2014Push the overpriced drinks, push the specials that have no prices, push the appetizers, push the desserts, push the espresso, then ignore the needs for extra napkins and other necessities. The food was good but horribly overpriced, it's hard to do a light lunch for 2 under $50 with a single glass of wine p.p., considerably more expensive for lunch than the old place across the street. Hard surfaces amplify noise, waiters assemble where they cannot see customers. Noise level approximates boardwalk game room.
- We will go againNachoGX9000Dined on 10/13/2014Very cool, fun Italian bistro, excellent food with a very good beer & wine lists, can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAlexDined on 10/11/2014At first I was concerned of the change because I was a big fan of Basil Ts. But after giving it a shot I was pleasantly surprised. The food was awesome and service was great. The renovation inside and out is beautiful. You feel like your eating somewhere in Italy. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants great food and an array of wines. They also brew there own beer. How could you go wrong, I definitely give Birravino an A++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progressrichieDined on 10/11/2014The revised concept of the former basil T's is ok but the execution leaves much to be desired at the ment. I always thought bAsil's was seriously underrated. Now it has fallen back and I don't understand why since it's a similar menu with smaller portions and somewhat lower prices. Maybe they will work put the kinks soon. Hope so.
- Eh.ShrDnrDined on 10/10/2014The food is excellent, menu is similar to the old Basil T's...unfortunately the portions are now tiny, especially considering the prices aren't much cheaper. It's also insanely loud...I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the new industrial look. Exposed metal everywhere with nothing to absorb the sound means you'll probably leave with a headache.Special Features:
- Too lively...SarabVIPDined on 10/10/2014Revised Basil T is attractive with varied tables..high low, small, group. We luckily got a 4 top early. Server woman welcomed us..seemed fine but the whole time she seemed to be rushing us along....as if it's Friday night, I need to churn the table. Food was ok,nothing special. Grilled calamari flavorful , spicy. We shared a pizza with veggies....fluffy crust but topping a bit dry and lacking clear flavors...maybe the breadcrumbs were the downfall. Server brought our bill....it was not ours.....when we told her...she just tore it up...and was not apologetic. As if she tried to pull if off...no we aren't paying a $120 bill...finally she brought ours at $60. Place is very very loud....no need to rush back, despite being a lively spot.Special Features:
- Not that much of a changeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/6/2014I was a follower of the previous restaurant so I was particularly curious about trying, and see the changes. The room is refreshed, with a younger decor. Service is at his same level, and food kept up with the change. Portions are smaller. My only, and biggest disapointment were the desserts. Not only they got rid of that amazing chocolate cake, but also the new ones weren't anything to rave about. Plus, from a managing perspective, I belive you could sell more if you keep bringing the tray since the eyes also "eat".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New name, same great placeSUZEVIPDined on 10/4/2014the exterior and interior may have gotten an updated industrial look, but the place is still the same. Always good food, good service. I do like the new more open plan dining area. Can get very loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Sure Why They ChangedKatiegDined on 10/2/2014Formerly Basil's, now Birravino. The cheese platter app should be called Piccolo Formaggi because it's minuscule!! I ordered the sole special, my friend ordered salmon off the menu. Both entrees were not hot. There were a few dishes from Basil's that we miss on the new menu such as the broccoli raabe and Fettuccine Bolognese. It was lively but acoustics are not forgiving. I'm very happy they accept reservations via open table...a big plus. I'll def give another try.Special Features:
- Nice makeoverCocoLocoDined on 9/28/2014We always loved the restaurant when it was Basil's, but now we love it even more. It's a little noisy, it was tolerable and the service was a little slow, but we were in no hurry. We had the salad special and rice balls for starters and both were outstanding. For dinner, the potato pizza, vegetarian pizza and the Sunday gravy. All were delicious. Desserts were good too. The chocolate pudding with hazelnuts and caramel was really nice, as was the pistachio gelato. We also had the biscotti, which were a little dry, but the nicely flavored cannoli cream helped. Even the coffee was great. We've already made another reservation to go back!Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyDelneese1Dined on 9/27/2014The food and service were excellent but the noise level was ridiculous hard to hold any type of conversation. Our server had to repeat everything she said at both ends of the table. They should look into finding a way to keep the noise from bouncing off the ceiling. Otherwise I woul have given five stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceItstheschistDined on 9/26/2014Overall wonderful experience from the moment we entered to the food, service. The new look is great. I like it better over Basil T. Fried olives, bolonaise and flat bread excellent. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Stunning Food - wonderful service!LondonycVIPDined on 9/22/2014Absolutely love this place!! Wish I could go millions of times per day. Pizza bianca was delicious. Olive appetiser is amazing. Can't say enough good things!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicely done.. Very nicely doneRoSoDined on 9/21/2014Our sever Alex was outstanding. She had great eye contact and talked up the specials, one of which we ordered. The sauce with rigatoni, sausage, and meatball. Wow! It was great. My wife had the salmon and our 10yr old son had the chicken parm. ALL of our plates were clean ! Would come back at the next chance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A SURE BETSaraVIPDined on 9/19/2014This restaurant was just updated. It looks much more current now with a more open and energetic vibe. The food is outstanding . You can get reasonable bottles of wine and great food! Eat anything from a salad to a hearty meal. Great pizza, meatballs, fish, pasta. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodie4FunVIPDined on 9/18/2014The renewed space looks. They opened up the main dining area very nicely. However, the remodeling also seemed to apply to the food. The prices remained the same, if not higher yet the portions seem t have gotten smaller. The prices are not worth the trip. And, the place is as loud as it ever was. Would be suitable enough for 1st time people, but for us who frequented the old Basil T's, it was disappointing.
- So loud I wouldn't return.SwissdogmomVIPDined on 9/17/2014The excellent food is completely overshadowed by the poor dining experience caused by excessive noise. The acoustics of the dining room make it impossible to hold a conversation, and we all left with a headache. I might order food to go, but will not return to sit in the dining room. The bar was actually quieter, and that is not saying much!Special Features:
- Very nice make-overfijixmVIPDined on 9/13/2014Visited on Saturday, first weekend opened. Service was excellent. Food was excellent. A little noisy inside, not much to absorb the sound. Very pleased and definitely recommended.Special Features:
- Will Go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Food was excellent, Main dish is not that much so you have to order sides if your hungry. The pork saltimbocca as excellent! The new room is very noisy. they need to tone that down as it was hard to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Terrific, affordable foodFunforTwoDined on 9/10/2014The menu is great and the food terrific. They have kept the prices reasonable by not serving huge meals that you end up taking half of it home. Yet the portions are sufficient to satisfy you.Special Features:
- The following 44 reviews are from the Birravino reviews archive.