500 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.birrarestaurant.com/home/
- Phone: (713) 224-9494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Birraporetti's caters off site events and offers all levels of catering, from a simple drop off and pick up option, all the way to a full service, fully satisfied wonderful banquet like experience!! Birraporetti's can accommodate any number of people on cater outs.
- Private Party Facilities: The "Private Dining Room", is located on the basement level. If you are looking to book a business luncheon, bridal luncheon, or any other private lunch party, the private dining room is always open for lunch functions. Private rooms are available in the evening as well for wedding rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, business parties, holiday functions, and more. Live bands and D.J. can be booked for parties as well!! Please contact us for more details
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Williams 7132249494
- Entertainment: Every Saturday and Sunday night, Birraporetti's features live music and entertainment into the wee hours of the night. Live jazz is also featured during Sunday brunch. Occasionally there is music during the week as well.
- Cross Street: Prairie
- Public Transit: Birraporetti's is located three blocks down from the Preston stop on the Metrorail, and there are Metro bus stops around the restaurant. Birraporetti's will also call you a cab if need be.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking meters available around the restaurant; meters are free after 6:00pm and all day on Sundays. There is also a parking garage that is connected to the restaurant with; entrance on Louisiana St. & Smith St.
A word from Birraporetti's
Birraporetti's is a "Great Italian restaurant, and a heck of an Irish bar!" Birraporetti's is located in the heart of the Houston Theater District, and just 3 blocks down from the Metrorail and Main Street. The restaurant is open late seven days a week, serves lunch and dinner continuously, and features "Live Jazz Sunday Brunch" starting every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Birraporetti's also offers catering and delivery 7 days a week. Also, if you're looking to book a private event, special occasion, or big function, Birraporetti's features a private dining room that can accommodate up to 100 people, with a full bar, restrooms and all multi-media capabilities. The restaurant is also a Houston Wi-Fi spot, and features delicious champagne bellini's and world famous Irish coffee. If you are going to a theater show, the restaurant is walking distance of the Alley Theater, Wortham Theater, Hobby Center and Jones Hall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Birraporetti's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Birraporetti's reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (28)good for groups (28)special occasion (27)great for brunch (18)great for lunch (15)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (11)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Tried this place for the first time. It is a short walk from any building in the theater district. The outdoor ambiance is quiet nice, inviting, and makes you wonder what amazing food is being served inside. The atmosphere, decor, and general feel inside is a nice little date night spot with old world charm. The drink/ wine menu is ok...nothing exciting here, pretty generic. We did really like the cask syrah and cask sangiovese. I would recommend getting these. The food menu was far more appealing than the garden variety food they offered. I was trying to find a more elegant phrase than "seemed very TV dinner like", but alas I am at a loss. So there it is. The food seemed to be pre-prepared and not a whole lot to it. For the price, ambiance, and setting I expected FAR more than what we got out of the food. I would skip this place unless they really step up their food game.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014Our waitress 451.pmbar on 11/15/14 , 120, did an excellent job, polite, and respectful, yes maam etc. Wait timing was perfect. On our next visit we hope she will be our waitress. She deservers a raise.!!!!! A positive member to your staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good location / food not as goodWaltVIPDined on 11/14/2014Always return because of the location but food is so poor!
- Nice before a show.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We have been going to Birraporetti's before attending Symphony, Opera and other events in the theater district. The location is very convenient and the service and food quality is always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Since the 80'sHoustonBrideDined on 11/13/2014I've been going to Birraporetti's since the 80's. Always a fun time! Had an outstanding waitress. Went above and beyond. They also now how live music. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor FooddisappointedDined on 11/8/2014Birraporetti's benefits from being close to the Houston Theatres, unfortunately, that is probably the only reason to go there. We went on an evening before going to the opera;the place was quiet when we arrived. The food was very poor. Chicken was luke warm and looked like it had come out of a packet; the same for the shrimps and the alfredo sauce. None of this was helped by serving on cold plates so whatever heat there was in the food quickly disappeared. The House Salad was OK, but the Caprese Salad was a plate of waxy motzzarella with tiny slices of plum tomato hidden underneath. We decided not to risk trying the desserts. Service was attentive and was not responsible for the overall disappointment and an experience not to repeat.
- Brunch feedbackafewthoughtsDined on 11/2/2014We enjoyed the Sunday brunch. A nice selection of breakfast and lunch foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gogirlhou18VIPDined on 10/31/2014Everything was good and Bertha, our server was super! Enjoyed our grilled salmon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Concert meaRedBaronDined on 10/31/2014Location, food and service make this great for a night out for a show or concert in the theater district. A regular stop for us.Special Features:
- Nice Date NightNikkiDined on 10/30/2014Tasty food although the cheese atop the mushroom caps was unexpected. Delicious chocolate mousse with airy texture and almond slivers. Only complaint was the offputting scent when we entered the restaurant which smelled sewagey but were told was flowers!Special Features:
- Very good when going to the opera.ArtsJunkieDined on 10/26/2014It was perfect for a light lunch before the opera.Special Features:
- Pre-Theatre, Pre-Opera, Pre-SymphonMikeDined on 10/24/2014Food is always reasonable. Service has been an issue. Bit this time the service was great - Ask for Bobby.Special Features:
- Good Pizza and MartinniJellnwithFoodDined on 10/23/2014We went on a early evening dinner on a Friday night. The ambiance is dark which is standard for most Italian restaurants that I have been in. There were a couple of people at the bar when we arrived and one other table was eventually occupied before we left. The service from the beginning was good. The food was good as well, especially the pizza. I also had a martini which was very good. While I may not seek out Birraporetti's for a special evening I would go again when in the area and in the mood for Italian.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014Convenient for theater district dining. Restaurant overall has declined a bit in quality over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Downtown spotMasterMindDined on 10/9/2014Its a nice old-style italian restaurant, dark wood bar, Theatrical posters all over, dim lighting and good service overall. You can always find a corner spot to speak with your date and enjoy your time together. My girlfriend and I go there often for a weekly night in downtown to talk about our day. Its a nice relaxing atmosphere. The food is great it seems like every time we go the food gets better the portions bigger too. I highly recommend the Chicken Picatta with spinach fetuccinni its outstanding. The deserts are great you can never go wrong with the canollis. Its a great place, old-time feel, great food its a "just got outta the office, let's get a nice dinner" place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slyfox2000Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent place to eat before a show. Very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing but our service was terrible. The waiter ignored us the whole night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but room for improvementDianaDined on 9/27/2014I had made a reservation through Open Table and we were seated right away even though we got there about 15 minutes early. The food was great. My only complaint was that I had to ask for my drink again after waiting about 15 minutes and the garlic bread we ordered as an appetizer wasn't brought out until the meal (after we asked about it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ...terrible people!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I will not return. Manager was very condescending about Groupons from me and guests. OrderTaker/Waiter was very pushy and cut me off at times. Maybe another location but...they can to hell Downtown! Great Italian Food though!Special Features:
- Before event dinnerBraveheartVIPDined on 9/24/2014Let me qualify this to say that the service we received at the bar was excellent having before dinner drinks and the delicious stuffed mushroom appetizer. However, when we went to check- in for our reservation, somehow that didn't get recorded. Then, our server was polite, but not accurate. The chicken with the green beans got transferred to a veal dish instead. And when questioned, they did bring the green beans out. I did eat the veal, which was okay. My dinner date had a salad which was good, but not great. The location of this restaurant is so close for entertainment events. Just wish it was consistently good.Special Features:
- VeggieLoverDined on 9/20/2014The was a minor confusion with our reservation but it was quickly resolved. The table was not the best as it was a two person table next to a wall with a shelf that the waiters were using to put items such as the water jug they use to top up others water glasses and my husband would have to duck a little each time which struck me as rather annoying. The food though, was very good and the waiter was very attentive. I would certainly request a different table next time.Special Features:
- Symphony FriendlyRockjoDined on 9/20/2014Great place for pre-Symphony dinner - 1 block from Jones Hall and Theaters. Large and varied menu. Highly recommend the Almond-crusted Tilapia. Good wine list. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- Pre Theatre DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Did a great job with a medium sized group for delicious dining before a show. Table was setup before time for reservation. Able to hear each other during dinner conversation, even with other diners close. Good menu selection for mixed group of varying dietary needs. Recommendations from waiter were spot on. Cocktail and wine selections are fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager ran the band off earlySuzyDined on 9/6/2014We were there to listen to Vince Converse. Your manager kept telling them to turn the volume. After repeated times, he finally shut them down. The band was not loud. People were enjoying it. The place was full! Would not recommend you for any type of evening entertainment.Special Features:
- Great italian spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The food is always excellent (my companion thought the meatballs needed more spice). Waiter was very attentive and friendly. What happened to the three course dinner that you had? Will it be back for the holiday season? IT WAS VERY GOOD!!Special Features:
- Close to theater but...bradDined on 9/6/2014Went with friends before a show. It's so convenient because you can park your car, walk to the restaurant, and walk back to the theater in just a few minutes. The food is OK but nothing to rave about. We were seat in the back and the music was so loud we had trouble hearing each other. I asked a server to turn and down and I think they actually turned it up. I asked our server to turn it down and he did but only a little. I noticed as we left by the front door that the music wasn't as loud there. Except for this, I have to say that the convenience is far better than the dining experience. In a pinch, it's OK.
- First Time..Last Time??FoodieDined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent. Waitress was not the best. Slow to provide service and almost down right rude. She didn't know the menu. The food was excellent. Atmosphere was weird. Old decor, wires hanging loose, loud music, weird playlist. Will consider going back but ONLY because the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Gogirlhou18VIPDined on 9/5/2014Not up to par this time. Usually a good choice when going to symphony or theater, but a novice waiter ruined our dining experience! We will return and see if there is improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayTeamCasonVIPDined on 8/31/2014Although a little spicier than what I prefer, the italian sausage sandwich was descent. My wife's philly cheese steak sandwich was plain and rather bland ---no seasoning, no condiments, no lettuce, no pickles, no peppers, etc. Really just steak, cheese and bread. On the other hand, the chocolate mouse pie was outstanding. I still recommend because the menu had so many other good Italian dishes to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattsonVIPDined on 8/25/2014We told the manager we were going to the theater and we allowed plenty of time. He assurd us there was not problem. Wine and salads came so late, we had to leave before entrees were served. Other diners left also.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014That says it all. My entre was not freshly cooked. Non of us finished our meals.
- Theatre districtggetDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we go to the Theatre District in downtown Houston we find that we can park, go to Birraporetti's for dinner and walk to our destinatiion without having to get into our car and drive. This restaurant is very well centered around all these areas. Service is spot on and quick with the food so that you can make curtain call in time. We enjoyed our meal, chicken picatta for myself while my husband had spaghetti and meatballs. Then only complaint I would have is that the music piped through the speakers was loud and their choice of music was mixed, some nice and relaxing music and then some 80's type music that seemed out of place for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiredDined on 8/23/2014Food was good-------Service was not good , very slow and there were very few in the restraint.Special Features:
- Good food and good times!FoodieforlifeDined on 8/17/2014We were there for Sunday brunch....the selection of foods and desserts were good. Also had live music which created a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- MDE4MEVIPDined on 8/15/2014The pizza was very good, but the non-existant service really took away from the food. We had a poorly set table for six before a show and had to ask continually for bread, drinks, and even plates to eat our pizza on. Not a good place to go pre-show. They cannot handle the chaos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatHoustonTheaterGoerDined on 7/31/2014Our servers were great - cognizant of our theater time and made sure they worked to get us out to our show on time.Special Features:
- Different from normal experienceRedBaronDined on 7/31/2014Arrived at restaurant an hour and a half before a show - but did not get food for an hour. Waiter seemed to forget that we were there. When food arrived, it was very tasty. The ladies ate half and had the remainder boxed to be picked up after the show. Unusual, we are accustomed to a very pleasant experience. We usually dine here before every POPS performance.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICEGoBeforeTheShowDined on 7/31/2014OUR WAITER WAS AMAZING AND THE FOOD WAS FABULOUS. I LOVE THE AMBIANCE AND THE OVERALL EFFORT TO MAKE THIS A DINING EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN JUST A PLACE TO EAT. GSpecial Features:
- Food Disappointing, Music GreatMarlenaTDined on 7/27/2014We went for the jazz brunch and for the price the food was very disappointing. Everything was luke warm and much less selection than I remember. Definitely not as good as if you order the food regularly. Also, the mimosa/bellini price went up to $10 per person. The jazz music was great although a lot of groups around us were quite rowdy with the music.Special Features:
- Every time-Great!AmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has good food, great location and "convenient" hours! We had a great evening with family at the symphony which we were able to continue at Birraporetti's. Thank you to the hard working crew to make many late night meals and meetings possible!Special Features: