500 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.birrarestaurant.com/home/
- Phone: 7132249494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Birraporetti's caters off site events and offers all levels of catering, from a simple drop off and pick up option, all the way to a full service, fully satisfied wonderful banquet like experience!! Birraporetti's can accommodate any number of people on cater outs.
- Private Party Facilities: The "Private Dining Room", is located on the basement level. If you are looking to book a business luncheon, bridal luncheon, or any other private lunch party, the private dining room is always open for lunch functions. Private rooms are available in the evening as well for wedding rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, business parties, holiday functions, and more. Live bands and D.J. can be booked for parties as well!! Please contact us for more details
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Williams 7132249494
- Entertainment: Every Saturday and Sunday night, Birraporetti's features live music and entertainment into the wee hours of the night. Live jazz is also featured during Sunday brunch. Occasionally there is music during the week as well.
- Cross Street: Prairie
- Public Transit: Birraporetti's is located three blocks down from the Preston stop on the Metrorail, and there are Metro bus stops around the restaurant. Birraporetti's will also call you a cab if need be.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking meters available around the restaurant; meters are free after 6:00pm and all day on Sundays. There is also a parking garage that is connected to the restaurant with; entrance on Louisiana St. & Smith St.
A word from Birraporetti's
Birraporetti's is a "Great Italian restaurant, and a heck of an Irish bar!" Birraporetti's is located in the heart of the Houston Theater District, and just 3 blocks down from the Metrorail and Main Street. The restaurant is open late seven days a week, serves lunch and dinner continuously, and features "Live Jazz Sunday Brunch" starting every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Birraporetti's also offers catering and delivery 7 days a week. Also, if you're looking to book a private event, special occasion, or big function, Birraporetti's features a private dining room that can accommodate up to 100 people, with a full bar, restrooms and all multi-media capabilities. The restaurant is also a Houston Wi-Fi spot, and features delicious champagne bellini's and world famous Irish coffee. If you are going to a theater show, the restaurant is walking distance of the Alley Theater, Wortham Theater, Hobby Center and Jones Hall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Birraporetti's reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)good for groups (35)great for brunch (35)late-night find (34)romantic (29)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (12)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- MattsonDined on 8/25/2014We told the manager we were going to the theater and we allowed plenty of time. He assurd us there was not problem. Wine and salads came so late, we had to leave before entrees were served. Other diners left also.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014That says it all. My entre was not freshly cooked. Non of us finished our meals.
- Theatre districtggetDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we go to the Theatre District in downtown Houston we find that we can park, go to Birraporetti's for dinner and walk to our destinatiion without having to get into our car and drive. This restaurant is very well centered around all these areas. Service is spot on and quick with the food so that you can make curtain call in time. We enjoyed our meal, chicken picatta for myself while my husband had spaghetti and meatballs. Then only complaint I would have is that the music piped through the speakers was loud and their choice of music was mixed, some nice and relaxing music and then some 80's type music that seemed out of place for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiredDined on 8/23/2014Food was good-------Service was not good , very slow and there were very few in the restraint.Special Features:
- Good food and good times!FoodieforlifeDined on 8/17/2014We were there for Sunday brunch....the selection of foods and desserts were good. Also had live music which created a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- MDE4MEVIPDined on 8/15/2014The pizza was very good, but the non-existant service really took away from the food. We had a poorly set table for six before a show and had to ask continually for bread, drinks, and even plates to eat our pizza on. Not a good place to go pre-show. They cannot handle the chaos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatHoustonTheaterGoerDined on 7/31/2014Our servers were great - cognizant of our theater time and made sure they worked to get us out to our show on time.Special Features:
- Different from normal experienceRedBaronDined on 7/31/2014Arrived at restaurant an hour and a half before a show - but did not get food for an hour. Waiter seemed to forget that we were there. When food arrived, it was very tasty. The ladies ate half and had the remainder boxed to be picked up after the show. Unusual, we are accustomed to a very pleasant experience. We usually dine here before every POPS performance.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICEGoBeforeTheShowDined on 7/31/2014OUR WAITER WAS AMAZING AND THE FOOD WAS FABULOUS. I LOVE THE AMBIANCE AND THE OVERALL EFFORT TO MAKE THIS A DINING EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN JUST A PLACE TO EAT. GSpecial Features:
- Food Disappointing, Music GreatMarlenaTDined on 7/27/2014We went for the jazz brunch and for the price the food was very disappointing. Everything was luke warm and much less selection than I remember. Definitely not as good as if you order the food regularly. Also, the mimosa/bellini price went up to $10 per person. The jazz music was great although a lot of groups around us were quite rowdy with the music.Special Features:
- Show before and afterdinnerwithfriendsDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to dine before any show and have a cocktail afterwards to let the traffic dissapate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant before concertBday53dinersDined on 7/26/2014Open table made so easy to book reservation! Birraporettis employees were so nice. Food was good. Not enough room between tables. Kept having to move my chair so ppl/servers could get by. They are so popular could expand size of location downtown. Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!CynthiaDined on 7/26/2014Visited many times. Always great experience until now. Food was tasteless and that was the consensus of everyone at the table. Noise level was insanely loud due to a live performance that was much too loud. Eight people at my table. ages 28-79. Couldn't hold a conversation due to the noise level. Looking for another venue next trip to the theatre.
- Loved ItlynnDined on 7/25/2014Had great food and Micheal was an awesome server! There was a live band, and the best desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchyummDined on 7/20/2014Our party of 4 arrived and was seated immediately. The food at the buffet was all fresh looking and hot. Not to mention very good. Wait service was attentive but not constantly hovering over us. We were seated near the back of the restaurant and the music was just the right volume. It might have been too loud if we were seated closer.Special Features:
- Great place for celebrationsBellaDined on 7/20/2014This is a great place. The personal was very courteous, friendly and funny. Food was amazing. My husband and I enjoy the brunch. We were expecting the Jazz band, but it never came. Instead there was a lady singing in the karaoke. Not bad, but we were looking forward the band. The only think it got me by surprise is the $15 charge for tip and taxes. Lucky me I had my wallet :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our anniversaryNatalieDined on 7/18/2014We had friends join us for our One year Anniversary, we had a blast! Our waitstaff were so awesome! Great advice on food and drink! We went to the concert of the year to see Beyoncé' and her Man Jay Z! The perfect start to the perfect Anniversary! Best piña colada's in the whole state! Everything we ordered from drinks to appetizers to main dish to fabulous dessert! No matter what you order it's all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 80'sJonathanGoldWannabeDined on 7/13/2014Bought the travelzoo coupon for their "Jazz Brunch"; turned out to be an old man playing the xylophone to synthesizer music. Even when he wasn't playing, we were stuck listening to 80's music (and not the good stuff). The floors/carpets were sticky and there was a hint of wet dog permeating the restaurant; not sure if that was the carpet or the other patrons. Food was decent (omelettes were great) and the staff was very friendly and attentive, even though it was a buffet.Special Features:
- Awesome waiterSpecialDined on 7/5/2014Earl was our waiter and he was awesome in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad more would yield a lotJessicaDined on 6/27/2014The atmosphere is great, as is the location, for Birraporetti's. Both dinners were enjoyable, however the cheese could have been browned a bit more on the chicken parmesan. Also, our coffee was tepid after dinner. A tad more effort for little details like that would elevate the experience anticipated for the price/location. Thank you!Special Features:
- ExcellentDined on 6/24/2014We chose Birraporetti's downtown based on location and recent reviews prior to attending the theater at the Hobby Center. Birraporetti's did not disappoint. Excellent menu -- the chicken parm was plentiful and delicious. Service was very attentive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- BeevesDined on 6/22/2014Birraporetti's remains at the top for pre event and late night dining. Just enjoyed their world class buffet prior to an Alley matinee. Excellent food and service once again, and their live music is always a pleasant amenity and tops off the experience. Raises the bar WAY high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanteDined on 6/22/2014We went for brunch. While the food was plentiful and good, it was nothing spectacular. The beef was of good quality. It was not as expansive as some Sunday brunches, but it is not as expensive as some Sunday brunches. The service was good, but there is not to much to do at a buffet except refill our glasses and remove the dirty dishes. I have been before and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!TonyDined on 6/21/2014Food is amazing! Crabcakes with tortellini and Spinach Fettuccine and Key Lime Pie were so good! Great place to eat after a show in the theater district.Special Features:
- Excellent Affordable ItalianDinerHLMVIPDined on 6/19/2014The mushroom appetizer was delicious and unique. The Capt John platter was great! The clam linguini was so flavorful and yet light on sauce...perfect! The crab cake was loaded with crab, seasoned well, and crisp on the outside. The grilled bacon wrapped shrimp was a bit overcooked. It was the one disappointing item. The garlic bread was fresh with just the perfect crunch on the crust. The spaghetti with meat sauce was good, but the sauce was a little sweeter than my boyfriend likes. He would have kicked it up a little with some spice or more herbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latenighterDined on 6/14/2014Date night, service was excellent. A young family sat down by us and we explained it was our night away for a date and they moved us to a romantic table for two.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceRobinGreenEyes1Dined on 6/13/2014The food was very good and the service was excellent. Attentive waiters and quick service. Great for pre-theater dinner or post-theater snack. Great wine list and desserts. Very busy place. Best to make reservations. Would surely go againe.Special Features:
- Downtown Arts likes Birraporetti!DowntownArtsDined on 6/13/2014Dinner at Birraporetti's never disappoints, went there Friday night before Houston Ballet. Personal favorite is the appetizer pizza which is custom-prepared with a broad array of add-ons including anchovies. Excellent and attentive service, pizza was outstanding, ice cream sundae for dessert was also scrumptious - when you order this, be sure to let it melt a bit as these appear to be pre-frozen and then dressed with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and cherry. Birraporetti's always gets my vote for downtown - its high ceilings and layout deliver low noise levels, and a combination of candles,florals, well-placed antiques, and crystal chandeliers add grandeur and "Phantom of the Opera" ambience to downtown Houston.Special Features:
- latenighterDined on 6/8/2014Love the late night dinners. Downtown is so romantic. It is like the after theater places in NYC.
- Location location and locationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014The location for this restraurant is great for the theater. The atmosphere is nice, though a bit crowded. Perhaps due to the opening act deadline of everyone in the place, the food is rushed and the quality suffers compared to a similarly priced restraurant. You can get better food elsewhere away from downtown for less. But then you are back to location so closed to the theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No Encore HereLongTallTexDined on 6/6/2014Birraporetti's has long been known for the spot to eat before theater events, due to it's proximity to all the various venues downtown. Wen there prior to the ballet, which was at 7:30 (no late seating), so we made 5:30 dinner reservations to finish by 7 (which we thought would give us plenty of time). Dinner came fairly quickly, although we were not offered fresh ground black pepper or parmesan cheese for our plates, which is quite standard for italian restaurants. At 6:40 we finished dinner and decided to have dessert. We got our dessert at 7:05. Told the waitress we needed to hurry with the bill. She didn't split the bill, so we had to all chip in and pay. At 7:20 we were walking out. Got seated at ballet just in time.
- Great business lunch optionMarkFVIPDined on 6/6/2014Really enjoyed my first visit. Food was excellent, server was great. Intend to make this a go-to option for lunch downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ballet dinnerBalletPatronDined on 6/5/2014We always eat here before the ballet. Good food, near the Wortham center, and convenient parking. They always accommodate us with a sofa table near the garage entrance needed by a member of our party with a bad back and hip.
- Bad entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014The evening we dined there, a performer was singing and seemed like he couldn't remember half the words to the songs. People were snickering at how bad he was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- shelharbDined on 6/1/2014We had a wonderful waiter who helped us with our wine selection and entree choices. The food was quite good. We chose the restaurant because it was close to the theatre and we were served in a timely manner so we got to the theatre in good time to be seated before the play began. This is an excellent choice if you're looking for someplace in the theatre district.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our regular restaurantggetDined on 6/1/2014We have never been disappointed at Birraporetti's. We always go there for dinner when we have tickets to the Broadway Shows at Hobby. Make sure you make reservations on those nights because it does get crowded. My husband actually wanted something that was not on the menu and no questions asked, he was delighted to receive a wonderful meal. Food was delicious and the service was excellent, everyone was attentive to our needs and quick for refills on water and cleaning the table between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before the theatreJTCTDined on 5/31/2014In the heart of Houston's theatre district. This is a great place to catch a good dinner before or after the show .Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialnorthfoodieDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant has deteriorated to the point where it's nothing more than Italian fast food. The prices still reflect fine dining, but the quality of the food is inferior. I have eaten my last meal at Birraporetti's!
- Fantastic Food!SpartanInHoustonDined on 5/30/2014Great food and service. They really know how to make you feel like family and also appease your need for good pasta and sauce I cam here for lunch with co-workers (jeans and a nice top) and I came here for a friend's birthday dinner (fancy dress). Regardless of the occasion this place is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty good foodfoodieDined on 5/29/2014Pretty good food. Lasagna is on the skimpy side. Salad is good. Italian sausage is too spicy (take your pepcid with you). Desserts are boring. Chocolate mousse not sweet. Doesn't taste like mousse. Decor is in desperate need of an update. Carpet is disgusting.Special Features: