Birraporetti's - Friendswood
400 W. Parkwood Ave/F.M.528
Friendswood, TX 77546Neighborhood:
Clear Lake / Webster / Bay Area
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Birraporetti's - Friendswood
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.birrarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 281-993-8901
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday through Saturday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Sunday Brunch Buffet: 10:30am-2:00pm
Dinner Service Daily: 4:00-11:00pm
Full Menu Delivery Daily: 11:00am-9:00pm
Happy Hour Daily: 2-7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Pablo Zapata
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering Menu is available by request.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Friendswood location has two dining areas which can be used for private events. One room seats up to 16 people comfortably and the other seats up to 40 people. Both rooms can be combined for larger parties or banquets for up to 55 people. Contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: David Lafferty 2819938901
- Special Events: -Thematic monthly wine dinners the last Saturday of each month
-Monday and Tuesday Half Price Wine Bottles
-$6 Specialty Martinis Every Tuesday
-Wednesday Half Price Glasses of Wine in the Bar
A word from Birraporetti's - Friendswood
Birraporetti’s is a collection of restaurants that has served guests for more than thirty years. In 1974 Birraporetti’s flagship restaurant opened in Houston Texas at the River Oaks shopping center. Today we have three locations: downtown Houston in the theater district, Arlington Texas, just blocks away from the Dallas Cowboys, and our location in Friendswood, Texas, only a few miles from NASA. Our menu emphasizes traditional Italian foods including pizza, ravioli, lasagna and fettuccine Alfredo to name a few, as well as exceptional off-menu features such as our Italian herb crusted prime rib every Wednesday evening. We pride ourselves on exceptional service standards, a comfortable and elegant atmosphere, and carefully prepared Italian cuisine. With our exceptional wine list and signature martinis and cocktails, we make a great getaway or go to spot for you and your friends and family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Birraporetti's - Friendswood reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Good brunch, good serviceshondadDined on 8/3/2014I started off by having trouble finding the place, but once there, I found the manager as well as our server, Tim I believe, to be very nice. The food was pretty good, not outstanding. They had made-to-order omelettes, however, none of us tried them. There were five in our party of 2 adults and 3 teens/tweens. Everyone found somethings that they liked and we all left there stuffed. I had the bottomless mimosas, which were good. A couple of other drinks, included a virgin pina colada and a virgin strawberry daiquiri. Everyone seemed pleased. I may consider returning in the future, though I did not particularly care for the tip already being added in. Voucher or not I should be in control of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Birraporetti's - Friendswood reviews archive.
- Everyone Loved ItKComparettoDined on 6/22/2014We had family in from out of state. We are a brunch kind of family and this was the first time we took them to this place. Everyone loved it! The food, the service, the music! All wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local dininglocaldinerDined on 6/15/2014Great food, attentive service. Noise levels a bit high but just lean in closer. Over all great Fathers Day dinner out.Special Features:
- Surprisingly DeliciousChiTownFoodieDined on 5/18/2014We thought the food was going to be kinda blah like most other Houston restaurants but we were extremely impressed with the brunch dishes. I'm not even an egg lover but the omlet bar was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchgoodfoodDined on 5/11/2014Mother's Day lunch was great. Service excellent. The reservation was honored ON TIME with no waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantGoodchoiceDined on 4/21/2014This was a great find in Friendswood. I grew up here and always had to go to Clear Lake for good food. Not sure how long Birraporettis has been here but love it. People from CL should take the short drive for house made pasta, great deal on wine on Monday and Tuesday nights, and great service. They worked well with a food allergy at our table also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunch3amigosDined on 4/13/2014The food was fantastic and the selection was outstanding. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendswood dining optionSteveng06Dined on 2/14/2014This was our first visit to Birraporetti's. The food was good. We had Mushrooms for an appetizer, and some garlic bread. My wife had the Pork Chops, and I had a veal dish, and we even took an order to go for my son. We will return for the pizza at a later date, and perhaps the brunch. Dessert was excellent as well (I had the cheesecake).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodkchomeDined on 2/14/2014The pizza was awesome. Very good wine list. Although the eggplant parmesan was very salty. This location was the nicest one I've been to in the chain.Special Features:
- Heigh-ho, off to Friendswood we go!SteveODined on 1/26/2014The Mrs. and I vacuumed out the Huffmobile, and took the long drive to Friendswood to Birraporetti's for bruncheon. Signage, people...you are hidden to the uninitiated! Having made a reservation for 10:30 a.m., I was a wee bit peevish when no one was available up front to seat us and we waited for several minutes. Next, we were told that they were still putting the food out on the buffet, and it would be a few minutes (do you hear that grumbling? It's my tum-tum!). There was a bit of confusion as to which member of the waitstaff we "belonged to", and someone (not me) got a tad "miffy". Once the food made it to the buffet, yummies abounded. Find the TravelZoo or Groupon/Living Social discount, and you'll feel thrifty and gluttonous!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good brunchJeanDined on 1/5/2014Went with family. We had a large table in the back that, even though wobbly, was quiet. Nice place for the adults in the family to enjoy a quiet time without the little ones.Everyone commented that the food was good, and this from a very critical group. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outYummyDined on 1/4/2014Food was great and service was excellent. We had a great time celebrating a family birthday. Kids loved the pizza and chocolate mousse. All out food was yummy. And they guys loved the free wifi for the ball game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good neighborhood placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/27/2013Always liked the restaurant but this one serves exceptionally cold food. My cannelloni was cold inside and the sauce was coagulated. I could not send back because we were on a time constraint. They are nice, the food is good however hot foods should be hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We had Christmas Eve dinner last year at Birraporetti's in Friendswood. We enjoyed it so much we decided to go back again this year. We were so disappointed in both the service and the food. ,The place was not very crowded and there were definitely fewer diners than last year. The spinach dip tasted like Cheese Wiz with spinach. The chicken in my daughter's pasta dish was dry, dry, dry and looked as though it had been heated up a few times. My pasta dish was tasteless. I rarely, if ever put salt on my food and found it necessary . The whole meal was just mediocre. I expect more than that for $95 without alcoholic drinks. We wont be going back anytime soon.
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2013Always a great place to have a great dinner with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not wowedgalvcoupleDined on 10/17/2013Because of the name, I expected much better. I brought by wife here for our anniversary and the atmosphere was nice enough once we got to the back room away from the noise. The staff was very attentive and we never had to wait for refills. The only thing is that the food was just average. I've had worse, but I expected much better. I had the special filet with crab, and it didn't have much flavor. My wife had linguine and clams and she said the same. The place is nice, just not nice enough to make the drive we did to get there.
- Hostess had no idea what IRay789Dined on 9/17/2013Hostess had no idea what I was talking about when I said I reserved a table online and had to wait for a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surpriseddblivenDined on 9/13/2013I really enjoyed this restaurant! The hostess was very pleasant and was smiling every time I noticed. The waiter did an excellent job making us feel welcome on our first visit and explained all our questions to us. I ordered the chicken and sausage alfredo and my son just had the chicken alfredo. His chicken was a little dry compared to mine and my pasta was all stuck together as compared to his. I dont know. My daughter ordered stuffed ravioli's which turned out really tasty. Overall a good experience and would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap placetexanDined on 9/7/2013We went there to celebrate our combined birthdays. We had expected a upscale place suiting for the occasion (we had dressed up). However, there were customers in T-shirts and shorts (majority). Some were wearing even flop sandals. Since the place is about 30 minutes away from our home, we have decided not to go there any more. We have a pizza place like that in our neighborhood. By the way, the food and the wine were above the acceptable level.Special Features:
- Good food and great serviceChrisDined on 9/1/2013Good food and great service but too many noisy guests and smart all childrenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchJeanDined on 9/1/2013The brunch buffet had a variety of breakfast items as well as main dish items. The custom omelets and Belgium waffles were the best we have ever had. I would go there again on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birraporetti reviewbrendaDined on 8/25/2013Even though we had a reservation for 12:30, we weren't seated until almost 1:00. They ran out of most hot foods around 1:30, and didn't refill all of them. Brunch was until 2:30. Otherwise, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodMartha2242013Dined on 8/17/2013There were six of us at our table celebrating a special birthday. We had five different entrees. Everyone commented about how delicious their food was - not many leftovers. Food was hot, fresh, beautifully presented and delicious. We also had salads and desserts. Excellent salad dressings. Desserts were very, very good. Ambience is perfect. Service was excellent. Will definitely eat here again. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantAlster67Dined on 8/2/2013We wanted to grab a quick bite before heading home after work. We made a reservation via opentable.com because we wanted a restaurant close to home. We were promptly and warmly greeted by the hostess. Decided on a pizza and Mediterranean salad which turned out to be an excellent selection. Our server was attentive and friendly. The bar was busy, but our drinks were delivered without delay. I was really surprised how well the pizza turned out. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bread and CheeseMaryKDined on 7/20/2013I was disappointed to learn that Birraporetti's does not offer garlic bread, you have to ask for it. Our waiter never offered grated parmesan cheese for my chicken alfredo. I saw other customers receiving that invitation but I never received that offer, very disappointing. All in all I was an okay experience but not as nice as the restaurant downtown. I felt that they tried to make it a little classier, but it just wasn't. The manager visited several tables but ours was not one of them. He should make it a point to go to every table as you never know who your diner is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vey good food, expansiveLeaguecityfamDined on 7/5/2013Very good food and excellent service. Food preparation is slower than restaurants that are much busier in the area. Food expansive for Italian. Portion fair but not generous. Cesar side salad very good.Special Features:
- Friendswood Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013Once again, on the occasion of my Mom's birthday, I was reminded what a terrific restaurant Birraporetti's is! We had such a good time, the food was excellent, and the service outstanding. We are so fortunate to have such a great restaurant in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated at the firstFatherDayPartyof5Dined on 6/16/2013We were seated at the first table in the path to the rest of the restaurant, and my Dad has mobility issues. The noise volumn was unbelievable, between the patrons laughing and talking to be heard over the musac (which was unbelievably loud). It must have been the waiter's first day, because when our party of five all declined to have the buffet and wanted to order off the menu... he brought us ONE menu, and we had to ask for 4 more. Then he couldn't seem to grasp what my father was asking for as a salad dressing. We NEVER had any refills of ice tea, nor did he ask if we wanted coffee or dessert. Then we had to chase him down to get the bill. Overall, just not good a experience.
- Great local findRetrocookieVIPDined on 6/14/2013Absolutely loved the musical theater decor. Great job and and unexpected treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upwardly MobileMigatitoDined on 6/5/2013This is not my first review of Birraporettis. Unfortunately my last two posts were not entirely favorable however I my most recent visit was more noteworthy. In the past I haven't been pleased with the service but I noticed it had improved enough to warrant a kind word or two. The food has always been good but the last visit was better than usual. The hal-priced wine menu had some good offerings which paired nice with the specialty pizza and my wife's Pasta Poretti entree. All in all a good visit. It may not be perfect yet but I have a feeling they are on an upward trend in service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited a long time for theTonyDined on 5/10/2013waited a long time for the waiter to get to us and to come back to take our order. waited even longer for refills, and they weren't busy!
- Everything was fair. WhenOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Everything was fair. When we arrived it was not busy, and the front hostess did not even know we had a reservation and had to go walking thru the whole dinning room to look for us a spot. We were placed in a large booth. A table would have been a more enjoyable experiance for 6 adults. I would not visit again, was not impressed. The food was pricey and all the add ons were pricey, salad, bread. Typically bread is offered with entrees and not at an additional charge. This was a a special dinner for my father's 74th birthday. I had aslo made the comment in the online reservation and even made the waiter aware. It would have been nice if the waiter had brought my father a dessert for his special day. $160 on food/beverages and $3o tips
- Cold ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Very nice restaurant we've been there before. However our valentines dinner experience was underwhelming. They sat my family of 4 at the very front table next to the door, which may have been ok on any other night, but this night the temperature outside was about 40 degrees. Every time someone entered we would get an unwelcome chill. We asked to move to other open tables but they told us they couldnt move us. They had a special Valentines 5 course meal setup in which we were not interested in, after we made the choice to choose from the everyday menu, we were treated differently. Poor service from that point on.Special Features:
- Valentine 2013OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The limited Valentines dinner was not noted when reservations were made, servive was slow due to full capacity, food was ok...Special Features:
- Let Down Again at BirraporettisMigatitoDined on 2/8/2013Service was unusually poor this evening. Waiter seemed more interested in standing around talking to other staff then tending tables. I had to ask the guy serving water to get our waiter so we could order. I ordered a glass of wine and watched it sit on the bar for 20 minutes while our waiter stood chatting with other staff in the kitchen and elsewhere. The poor service ruined what was otherwise a good meal. Our server listed on the bill as Server 65 Ish. He got zip for a tip and my wife and I were disappointed by the lack of attention. Kudos to the guy serving water and a young woman bussing the tables- they showed excellent customer service. Unfortunately, we won't be back because the service is too inconsistent.Special Features:
- I had the ribeye steak specialQuality123Dined on 1/5/2013I had the ribeye steak special cooked medium rare. The steak was cooked correctly, yet it was extremely tough, really uneatable. I did not send it back as the serving time was already longer than I expected. I took 80 percent of the steak home and my dog couldn't even eat it. The restaurant needs to make sure the people providing their meat is delivering a quality product. The other meals served to the other people in my party were at the quality level we usually experience at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012We have dined at this restaurant a few times, most notably Mother's Day and New Year's Eve of 2012. The Mother's Day brunch was very good, and our dining experience on New Year's Eve was great. The food was good and our server was attentive without being obtrusive. It is hard for restaurants to survive in Friendswood, and I'm glad Birraporreti's has stayed alive. That says something about it's worthiness.Special Features:
- Hoping for more....MigatitoDined on 12/14/2012I have been here twice thus far and this visit was not as good as the first visit. We sat waiting to be acknowledged at least 15min despite being seated immediately upon arrival. We had chicken and veal Parmesan. The breading was lackluster but everything else was passable. A very personable waiter saved what could have been an unhappy visit. We will give it another try.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday Brunch atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2012Excellent Sunday Brunch at a very reasonable price. It was advertized as a jazz brunch so I expected live music but was disappointed, although the piped music was quite nice.Special Features:
- While the food was good weOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2012While the food was good we prefer the one downtown it has better quality of food and selection.Special Features: