Birra Poretti's - Arlington
668 Lincoln Square
Arlington, TX 76011Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Birra Poretti's - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://birraporettis.webs.com/
- Phone: 8172650555
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am- 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm -12:00am
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am -3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz Music from 10:30am -2:30pm during Sunday Brunch only.
A word from Birra Poretti's - Arlington
A great Italian restaurant
A heck of an Irish bar
A great Italian restaurant
A heck of an Irish bar
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Birra Poretti's - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (6)great for lunch (3)good for groups (2)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Complete disappointmentraenadDined on 7/20/2014Felt like we were ripped off. Purchased a coupon for 50% discount. Wound up paying about $45 for a buffet that wasn't even close to being worth it. The food was average at best. The omelet was destroyed by the guy making it and the service was inattentive. Of course a tip was automatically tacked on the bill. About $9. I'll never go back or refer this place to any one.
- Father's Day FiascoMikethetigerDined on 6/15/2014We booked a 2:00 PM reservation and arrived 5 minutes early. We were ignored for about 15 minutes while patrons arriving just after us were seated and served, After complaining they seated us at a table with a wet covering and no service ware. We waited Another 5 minutes and then decided to leave. The host seemed surprised and annoyed that we were leaving. We won't be back. By the way, I have dined here many times in the past and always enjoyed it.
- Good brunchhadtotryDined on 5/25/2014We had a Groupon and decided to try the brunch. Didn't necessarily want pasta but there were the normal items for brunch. Good eggs benedict, eggs/omelets to order, fruit. The pastries were a little disappointing but you can certainly fill up on everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took reservation but closed kitchenSamchildVIPDined on 5/19/2014I arrived to find kitchen closed. Had traveled more that 20 minutes. Quite a disappointment
- No Jazz! Food Just okayCrisVIPDined on 5/4/2014Food was good. Beyond that ... No Jazz as advertised. Advertise Bottomless Mimosas and Peach Bellini's- However they were watered down drinks. Service was horribly slow even though the restaurant was not busy.Special Features:
- The following 58 reviews are from the Birra Poretti's - Arlington reviews archive.
- As describedGNewDined on 3/15/2014Place was clean & not crowded when we arrived, & we were greeted & seated right away despite being a bit early. Waitress was pleasant & quickly had our orders. Drink was not made correctly first time, but other than that, food came fairly quickly & was very tasty! Sauces very not too heavy or light, and portions were fair in size. Desserts were delicious as well, although mousse was a bit light in flavor, but cheesecake was just right. In all, we will return for some good Italian food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night with old friendsLindaDined on 3/14/2014We enjoyed ourselves and the food and wine. Our server was very nice, but it seemed like there were a lot of things one would expect to be part of the meal that were not - like bread. The server knew it was my birthday, but did not offer any special treats. But it was still a good dinner with old friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No host or hostessThomasVIPDined on 2/22/2014Took five minutes before we even saw a host or hostess. Waitress forgot our salads. Pizza was not bad.
- just toss a coinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014ugly food, poor taste, no service, I had to get my own drinks at the bar no silverware, slow service. they had no clue I have a reservation. waitress was clueless, slow unorganized and failed to meet with my requests for extra cheese and dressing.
- MehThatguyDined on 2/14/2014This was my first time going to the restaurant, based on reviews that I found on yelp. The food was good but the service was certainly subpar, at best. The server took too long in between to check on my date and I and I even ordered more food when I didn't get full on my first order. My second order took 35 minutes to come to me. It was two crab cakes. Seriously? Anyway, I'm not going back to this spot for a very long time.Special Features:
- FIRST IMPRESSION: LAST IMPRESSIONOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I understand VD, this was rediculous. Reservations should not be an option due to the service being so unprofessional and slow. We sat 20 mins before we even knew who our waiter was. We ordered our appetizer and dinner together since we see the service. Appetizer came thirty minutes later....finished that......we sat and sat and sat and sat. Our soda turned to water.So when the food came 45mins later: the food was cold. I wanted to leave but we were starving and thought we would try the food any way. Needless to say he didn't finish the food and nor did I. We went ahead and paid for dinner since we NEVER saw a manager. NO TIP. Never again and I will let every one I come across not to support this place via BLOG, TWEET, YELP, ect.
- Service not good, food goodRandDined on 1/26/2014Service was not good. I don't mind waiting for my food, etc. but it would have been nice NOT to have to wait 10 minutes for water to be refilled. The food was fantastic, although it was disappointing as they used to serve a small salad and bread with the meal. Now, bread and salad are all ala carte and the price of the meal was not cheap. I ordered Pasta Poretti and it was fantastic, but with the service problem and price without anything except the main dish, I have to give it just a good rating.Special Features:
- ReviewSuzanneDined on 1/19/2014i used to hear great things about this place so I was excited to finally go. I think we got a new server, which is not her fault, but it was unimpressive service. The food was average and the portions not so great. I hear it's a great bar for game nights these days. I guess I should have visited for that and it probably would have been a better experience.
- Good option for a Cowboys gameOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2013I think this is a good option for a Cowboys game. The pizza was very good at a fair value. The bar is OK but they need to upgrade their sports package. We were there while waiting for the Dal-Phi game and they can only show FOX and NBC. It is close enough to the stadium so you can easily walk to the game. If I go back to a game, I will be eating there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of ManyJRS1356VIPDined on 12/22/2013There a lots of new choices in the area but this old standard remains. If you don't want to wait for 30-45 minutes, check here for quick access to good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Thanksgiving BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/28/2013Excellent Thanksgiving Brunch. From omlets to Turkey, Ham and Lasagna it had something for everyone. And Bacon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was late after a gameJerryDined on 11/17/2013We showed up late and was served well despite the time. Food was great will dine their againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anne's ReviewAnneDined on 11/15/2013I met friends after work for drinks and food. It was easy to carry on a conversation and we liked the bar specials and pizza.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birra lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/13/2013First time back in the place since college. Hasn't really changed much, except back then it was all about drinks and who was working when. Food was good for a brunch buffet. Made to order omelets and waffles. The line was pretty slow on the cooked to order stuff but worth the wait. Fairly inexpensive. Did not have the mimosa's which are probably the highlight. Overall a great alternative to the other brunch places around.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsDeleonFamilyDined on 10/11/2013We met some friends for dinner. disappointed that they didn't have any Pina Colada Mix. so I ended up having a Top shelf Margarita.. or 4 and didn't even have a buzz... so the bar tender was greedy with his liquor... they have dinner theatre or something along those lines and it was VERY hard to hear my group so we asked to move to hear each other. We have visited Birra in the past and have ALWAYS loved the food, this time was no different... food was great... I had chicken alfredo.. chicken was very tender. The Service was excellent.... they have a great patio. I would have loved to sit outside but it was way too humid. All in all I would give it 4 starts... they need to work on their drinks and the noise of the guy doing the comedy act.Special Features:
- Same Great PlaceFWFoodieDined on 9/29/2013Years ago my family would dash to the jazz brunch after church. Recently we relocated back to the area and what was out first stop? Birra Poretti's. It was the same great place, even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchDennyDined on 8/25/2013A nice brunch buffet. Not the largest selection but some good items. Calamari strips were overdone. Omlet station very good and ample selection of pastries. Went on a special 1/2 price deal; not sure the full price would be worth it, although the place seemed very popular for Sunday brunch. A longer drive for me makes it a little less likey that I will return anytime soon.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchDemiEllaDined on 6/16/2013Usually we have a good time at Birra Poretti's but they were off on Fathers day. They ran out of food for a period, and those employees working the brunch table were pretty unhappy, probably because they were on the front line. It seemed like something bad happened in the kitchen, which threw everyone working there off their game. I am a pretty understanding person, but if a restaurant or any business is in crisis mode, it shouldn't be apparent to the patrons.
- Terrible brunchwordsorterDined on 6/16/2013I wanted a nice place to take my husband and son for Father's Day, and selected Birra Poretti's because other reviewers raved about the jazz brunch. I'm not sure what brunch these others were attending, but we experienced mediocre food and awful service. Once we were seated, we had to wait 10 minutes to get drinks -- we ended up having to call someone over just to get coffee, water and juice. Getting refills on our drinks was a joke. The buffet had little variety and what was offered was tasteless; clearly warmed over. The only upside was the desserts, but I don't like forking over $80 (WITHOUT a tip) just for a chocolate mousse. I don't know what this restaurant's daily offerings are, but based on the brunch, I will not return.
- Normally very good, but...NicoleDined on 5/19/2013I normally love this place so I decided to try brunch for the first time and I was very disappointed. The food was not up to par and I am happy that I got a coupon deal to try the brunch. It is not worth full price or the discounted price. I will stick to lunch and dinner here only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ad hoc lunch on weekdayMizJanieVIPDined on 4/17/2013had seen this somewhere and was meeting a friend for an ad hoc lunch. we met here out of convenience. I thought the salad was a bit wanting but the Italian was really good. Will go back.
- This brunch was nothing reallytwo4dinnerDined on 3/31/2013This brunch was nothing really special, even though it was Easter Sunday. The price was too high for the quality of food and service.Special Features:
- We were greeted when we arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2013We were greeted when we arrived and felt very welcome. The food was very good and we were impressed with the cost of such a great meal.Special Features:
- THE SHRIMP IN THE SPICY SAUCE1PICKYEATERDined on 9/21/2012THE SHRIMP IN THE SPICY SAUCE COULD BE LARGER. ALSO BREAD OR ROLLS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE WITH THE SALAD.Special Features:
- Great service and food. PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2012Great service and food. Perfect meeting spot before game at Cowboys stadium!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012This was our first open table experience. Definitly a great find. Calamari was very well prepared. My husband and I ordered entrees thinking we would share them. Didn't happen. We were both so happy with our choices we didn't want to share. Service was very good. It was a week night but we will be back.Special Features:
- Went for Sunday brunch. FoodTexasGurlDined on 7/22/2012Went for Sunday brunch. Food on the bar was not hot and not very tasty. The only thing I enjoyed was the omelet and waffle that was made by request.
- The lettuce in the salad wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2012The lettuce in the salad was stale, the grilled chicken was completely dry. The servers were very attentive and nice, however this did not make up for the poor quality of the food. This restaurant should not be on Open Table.
- Nothing exceptional. NiceRebeckahtxVIPDined on 7/7/2012Nothing exceptional. Nice and attentive staff but the place is just so-so. Food was OK but not enough to go back.
- Ehhh...OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2012While my wife and I did enjoy the food, the ratio of cost for food, was way out of proportion. The entrees came with nothing. Salad was extra, bread was extra, side dishes were extra, and wines VERY overpriced. The food was good, but not enough to warrant a return. I would say that if Birra Poretti's wants to compete with any of the Italian places in Arlington or FTW, they need to seriously reconsider many different things.
- The resturant was very quietTheaDined on 6/2/2012The resturant was very quiet and the service was excellent. Food was great as always.Special Features:
- The food was very good. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The food was very good. The service wasn't that great. They had one waitress helping 5 or 6 tables outside. She would disappear for 15 or 20 minutes at a time after saying she was going to bring us more water. I think she was overseated in her section.Special Features:
- Not the greatest fooddrd1VIPDined on 4/13/2012The dish was not prepared according to the description in the menu and the other dish was poorly cooked.Special Features:
- Not for holidaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Normally the brunch is very good but they ran out of a lot of items and it took a long time to get refills out. Would not go for a holiday again. The drinks were great.
- tasty fare. They seemed toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012tasty fare. They seemed to run out of food quickly, because it was yummy! They needed to hire more people to keep the food line filled and stocked with plates. I went up twice and they had no salad, REALLY? No salad? LOLSpecial Features: