3955 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.birksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4089806400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am to 2:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm to 6pm, Saturday: 5pm to 7pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5pm to 9:30pm
Sunday: 5pm to 9pm
Game Day Hours- Lunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Maurice Dissels
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: CLASSIC AMERICANA MENU
Friday-Sunday Dinner 3 course menus change weekly. Inquire for details
3:30pm to 6pm, Monday—Friday and Saturday 5pm to 7pm
Whet your appetite with a Birk's Big Martini, Specialty Cocktail or Beer. Ask a server about our discounted drink specials
GAME DAYS- 49ers take the field at Levi's Stadium
Game Day Hours- Lunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm
A word from Birk's
Birk's proudly offers hardwood grilled steaks, chops and seafood and has served Silicon Valley diners continuously since 1989. Birk's concept is based on the traditional city grill with a contemporary twist that remains one of the most popular dining destinations for lunch and dinner in the area. In addition to the menu of hardwood grilled steaks, chops, fresh fish and seafood, Birk's culinary team creates daily lunch and dinner menu additions. The lively bar is stocked with a complete array of beverages including an award winning wine list, select beers on tap, single malt scotches and full espresso bar. The attentive yet unobtrusive service professionals combined with an elegant facility and consistently executed cuisine make Birk's the ideal location for your next business or casual lunch or dinner, private dining or special occasion event.Continued
At your service,
At your service,
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Birk's - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Birk's reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (82)special occasion (71)good for groups (60)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (44)vibrant bar scene (36)hot spot (29)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (18)great for brunch (15)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- JuanDesLaFuquaDined on 9/14/2014Black and blue sandwiches usually great Overdone meat, dry sandwich...terribleSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Good service - - food came so quickly, excellent meal. The noise level doubled with a larger group came into the area we were sitting in, and we could barely hear each other - - other than this, nice experience.Special Features:
- Overrated and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014The restaurant was empty. I had a reservation yet they chose to seat me and my guest at a table far from a window and on a walkway to a storage room and others table. Lots of traffic going by our table. When we asked to be moved they said they couldn't. There was no one in the place!! Very disappointing overall including the meal.Special Features:
- Great client dining locationRoyBoyDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant has been my favorite to bring clients and business contacts. It is located in the heart of Silicon Valley (right off the 101) and has the upscale ambience and relative quiet interior to make it the ideal place for a discussion over lunch. Great bar, excellent steaks and seafood, and quick efficient service.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Romantic DinnerPaulHollisterDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had dinner the other night at Birks and once again had wonderful food and great service! The Blackened Rib Eye and Prime Rib are fantastic! Along with the Crème Brulee! We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Great ServicetonemiesterDined on 8/27/2014Recently ate at Birks based on a recommendation. I hadnt had a good steak in a while and was looking forward to it. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the quality of the food. I expect a steak at a place like this to be better than something I can cook at home. However, the service was fantastic and the ambiance nice.Special Features:
- Ask for Sean! He's exceptional!DropdeadmodestDined on 8/27/2014I have to say the food was delicious! The lobster in the salad was mouth watering. Sean, though, provided such exceptional service that I had to write this review to let people know where to go to get "wowed"! Ask for him and you will be glad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Silicon Valley spotNeilVIPDined on 8/25/2014Birks is still a great place to meet in Silicon Valley. Vibrant, upscale setting with good food and wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful for business dinneranagadgetDined on 8/25/2014My international guest and I loved our food. We had calamari, crab cakes, clam chowder, asparagus, key lime pie, chocolate mousse washed down with an awesome beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This was our 45th wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were greeted with a comment of "45". My wife didn't know it, but I had put in your reservation that it was our 45th. The Maitre'D and everyone who attended to us on our special evening congratulated us on our milestone. Truly a special evening all around. Thanks to Dennis, our waiter and all the others for a great memory.Special Features:
- Fabulous in every waydisappointedVIPDined on 8/21/2014The steak salad special was amazing and always the waitstaff is superb :-)
- RecognitionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Appreciated and recognize Concierge member. After all we are recommending the restaurant to our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014All the staff is exceptional and always make me feel special. Not that I have my own booth or anything (I do!). The food is excellent and it can be challenging for that final decision. Of course, with a martini or lovely glass of wine that helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Drinks, & AtmosphereNTHKDined on 8/20/2014I come here all the time for lunch with colleagues. I love it. The food is always good and so is the service. It's a little pricey however. For 2 people to have a regular lunch is ~$50-$60. I've had every salad and they're all good. Great burgers and sandwiches. You really can't beat the raw bar. Big parking lot in the back so you never have an issue. Especially since all the places in this area for lunch are always packed and you can never get parking. I would suggest always making reservations because they can get very packed.Special Features:
- Latest LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/20/2014Had lunch with clients the other day. Good food, good service, just too many interruptions from the waiter trying to upsell us on water, specials, dessert, drinks. Nice guy but on the edge of annoying. A softer approach would have been appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 081814 Birkshard2pleaseDined on 8/18/2014The menu at Birks suggests that carnivores should be satisfied and, in general we were. The prime rib that my wife ordered was well trimmed of fat a generous portion of nicely cooked meat. On the other hand my 8 ounce prime rib ordered medium rare was pink in the center but overcooked and dry. There was no juice on the plate even after cutting to eat it. Had our waiter checked back, perhaps the situation would have been corrected before I had satisfied my hunger (it was edible). Overall the service this night was OK just not timely. The atmosphere at Birks is clubby and loud but civil. We requested a seat in a quieter part of the restaurant so it was pleasant enough. I would return to give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhiplashDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding experience. Service, food and ambience was excellent. Definitely recommend and will be back!Special Features:
- Filet mignon-yes, pork loin-NORonMDined on 8/16/2014My friend and I had dinner on Saturday night at Birk's. We enjoyed the restaurant's ambiance and the waiter's banter and availability. I ordered the filet mignon with blue cheese and thought it was cooked perfectly. She ordered the pork lion so we could share each others selection. We both thought that her pork loin was a good portion but was dry and over cooked. My mistake was not sending it back to the kitchen for her and ordering her a replacement right away. About halfway into our entree, our waiter did ask how our food was and we shared our disappointment with the dryness of the loin. She even demonstrated for him by showing how hard to was to slice. He apologized but offered no options or remedies. I expect better from Birk's.Special Features:
- Very good steakcp2dineDined on 8/15/2014Nice place to eat very good steak decent price and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Lively at Birk'shistandardsVIPDined on 8/15/2014I always enjoy Birk's because the food is quite excellent, and reasonably priced for the quality level. There's generally a lively business lunch crowd most weekdays, and bumping into friends and colleagues is not uncommon. The service is quite good and reasonably attentive, given the crowd. The menu tends to vary to remain interesting, while the usual standards are maintained, but always prepared to a high standard. The noise level is the only real issue with Birk's in my opinion. Energetic is an understatement! Would love to see some creative noise mitigation brought to bear, without compromising the bright and airy interior. Interesting challenge!Special Features:
- Food and Service always goodDianaDined on 8/15/2014I have eaten hear many times. The food is always delicious and service always great. Even with a large party, the food doesn't take long to come out.Special Features:
- Awesome always!!JACKERDined on 8/12/2014Thank You. Staff is always great!! Food. Service the place is awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night at Birk'sPP63Dined on 8/10/2014Birk's is one of the best steakhouses in the south bay. I met a friend there for dinner on Sunday night. I ordered the 8 oz. filet mignon. It was right off the grill and very tender. The baby gem salad is my favorite. My friend ordered the ceasar with anchovies. She said it was really good. And I value her opinion since her father was a famous chef in the area. She knows good food. During the week Birk's happy hour is full of local movers and shakers. It is a vibrant bar scene. The bar menu offers excellent food. There is always fresh seafood on the menu. The fried calamari is hot and crispy and a must order. I take friends and clients to Birk's on a regular basis. They are always impressed by the atmosphere, food, and drinks.Special Features:
- It had been 20+ yearsCrazyQVIPDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I used to come here before kids and it was always top notch. I had an opportunity to have a business meeting "lunch" in Santa Clara so I booked Birk's. It had not changed food was good and the staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceD1ningOut1sFunDined on 8/7/2014The food is good, the service is good, and the full bar if nice! Enjoyed an appetizer, a salad, a filet, and sorbet... Is was all good and enough food that there was leftovers for the next day. The cost isn't cheap, but it was worth it. Highly recommend for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCerezaDined on 8/6/2014Have tried pork and chicken at different times, both great dishes with soft taste.Special Features:
- great business lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Good food, libations. A bit noisy...but that could mask sensitive conversations well.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!FatimaVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food is delicious here. You get good value for the price you pay. It is close to the new 49ers stadium so it is a must go to place if you want to eat there before. The flavors of the food are rich and very good. The wine list has some good variety as well. I definitely recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great to go before a Niners GameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had a great dinner before the Earthquakes game on Saturday night. My wife and I commented this would be a great spot to have dinner for a 49ers game. The food is great. The New York was cooked perfect and you have to try the truffle fries. :)Special Features:
- Great Wine and FoodOutAndAboutDined on 8/1/2014The Birk's staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The atmosphere is great for a private meal or a group outing. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like this place but ...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014It has poor acoustics which makes it difficult to converse softly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityluv2eatndrinkVIPDined on 7/31/2014Lamb is good, fish is mediocre. Salads have too much dressing, decent wine selection.Special Features:
- As usual I enjoyed itlovedthefilletDined on 7/31/2014Great place for business lunches and dinners/ I have never been let down.Special Features:
- OutandaboutVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent bar area and good specialty cocktails. The food was very well prepared and the servings were very generous. An all around good dinner house. Excellent rack of lamb and the blackened rib eye was very good not to salty as at some restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food, terrible serviceBigdaddyo75VIPDined on 7/25/2014Me and my companion ordered steaks. Preparation was totally uninspired (compared to Ruth's Chris or even Morton's). One of the steaks that was supposed to be "medium rare" arrived "well", but we had to "convince" the server that it was not actually "medium rare". The only good thing was the calamari appetizer with a lot of garlic. The service was terrible: we could never get the server's attention - even when he seemingly glanced our way (very infrequently) he did not see our signals. For example: when our steaks arrived and I needed something before they got cold, he acknowledged that he saw that I needed something and then started to take an order at a 10-person table. Overall terrible value for the money.
- Good food, Excl. Service, NOISY!FoodNWine4MeDined on 7/23/2014The food and wine were good but for the $$$ price we paid a bit inflated. The waiter we had was very good. But it was so incredibly noisy it was difficult to have a conversation.
- Incredible Food!TimeToRelaxDined on 7/23/2014We had a client lunch at Birk's this week and it was a wonderful experience. The service was spot on. All of us enjoyed our food. I opted for what I thought was "just a burger" and found it to be perfectly grilled with a tasty brioche bun and fresh fixings. My fries were excellent - I planned on only eating half but that didn't happen... Our server was quick and efficient and obviously very time conscious. We did not feel rushed but I felt very comfortable knowing the restaurant obviously caters to business folks on the clock. I noticed their well-stocked bar with many local brew options. They have a great happy hour every weekday with specials and $1 oysters on Friday night. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great FindFoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014I totally forget about this restaurant even though it's close to me! We had an anniversary dinner and our waiter was awesome! The bread was dry but everything else including dessert. My prime rib was incredibly delicious, it had a lot of flavor in it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodCerezaDined on 7/16/2014I liked the restaurant, the food is good and the place convenient for a lunch meeting with friends or for business.Special Features:
- Elegant LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014Pricey but excellent food and service. The filet mignon is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.