3955 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.birksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (408) 980-6400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am to 2:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm to 6pm, Saturday: 5pm to 7pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5pm to 9:30pm
Sunday: 5pm to 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Maurice Dissels
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: CLASSIC AMERICANA MENU
Friday-Sunday Dinner 3 course menus change weekly. Inquire for details
3:30pm to 6pm, Monday—Friday and Saturday 5pm to 7pm
Whet your appetite with a Birk's Big Martini, Specialty Cocktail or Beer. Ask a server about our discounted drink specials
GAME DAYS- 49ers take the field at Levi's Stadium
Game Day Hours- Lunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm
A word from Birk's
Birk's proudly offers hardwood grilled steaks, chops and seafood and has served Silicon Valley diners continuously since 1989. Birk's concept is based on the traditional city grill with a contemporary twist that remains one of the most popular dining destinations for lunch and dinner in the area. In addition to the menu of hardwood grilled steaks, chops, fresh fish and seafood, Birk's culinary team creates daily lunch and dinner menu additions. The lively bar is stocked with a complete array of beverages including an award winning wine list, select beers on tap, single malt scotches and full espresso bar. The attentive yet unobtrusive service professionals combined with an elegant facility and consistently executed cuisine make Birk's the ideal location for your next business or casual lunch or dinner, private dining or special occasion event.Continued
At your service,
At your service,
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Birk's - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Birk's reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (89)good for groups (85)special occasion (85)fit for foodies (73)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (52)hot spot (41)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (33)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (16)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just missing the markOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Birk's is one of those restaurants that is trying really hard to be something that it isn't. They tried to create the look of a high end steak house however the table clothes had a paper placemat, the silverware & dishwear was extremely cheap and the feel overall was of a hotel restaurant. My date had the ribeye which was good but pricey, I had the crab cakes which were awful. I finished it up with a white choc cheesecake which was too sweet and very dense. I would make two suggestions to them - either half the prices or higher a great chef, professional wait staff and give the entire restaurant an overhaul. Our waiter decided to ask the water server to get our drinks as he passed by and right in the middle of taking my order, not sure why he did that considering the restaurant was pretty much empty, no high end steak house would have a waiter completely ignoring a customer mid order. So in essence I would say pass on this restaurant. They still have a long way to go.
- Good dinner choice49erfanDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner, the snapper and prime rib were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and the timing of courses was perfect. My only negative was that we were seated close to the bar, when I think there might have been room in the dining room. Thankfully no one was at the bar so it wasn't noisy. We would recommend Birk's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birk's--Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 11/20/2014Birk's is a valley institution. It has been around for years, and the food is consistently good. The service is great, and they have a wonderful menu selection, and a standout wine list. We had a wonderful (and long) lunch, and enjoyed ourselves tremendously!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good timeDougDDined on 11/17/2014I try to eat at Birk's any time I get out to the San Jose area. Great steaks, and I love the pork chops. The grilled artichokes are particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below expectation (for the cost) foodbeefloversDined on 11/15/2014The beef was way below expectation with a relatively high price. Not recommended for beef lovers.
- Gem in the RoughxtravelagentBDined on 11/13/2014Great food, great service. You can't ask for more. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salads for lunch in Silicon ValleybigwindsVIPDined on 11/13/2014Birks is loud but the lunch salads are a do not miss for the power lunch in Silicon Valley. Service is excellent and menu is the best "surf and turf" in the valley. It's close to San Jose airport and many companies in the golden triangle of Silicon Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014Called to make a reservation but was told they were booked so I went to Open Table and landed a table exactly when I wanted. There were plenty of tables so I'm not sure what the host was seeing but Open Table is the best. As far as the restaurant itself, it was fine. Nothing to complain about or write about. If you're looking for a good meal without a crowd I would recommend. Just use Open Table to book.I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special occasion.5oclocksomewhereDined on 11/11/2014My son wanted a steak dinner for his 24th birthday. It had been a few years since I have visited Birks and it did not immediately come to mind but I will never forget Birk's after watching the filet mignons being brought to the table. Wow. They looked enormous for a 10 oz cut. We ordered them medium rare and found them to be cooked perfectly. Amazing flavor. Dont forget about Birk's when looking for a high quality meal. Not too bad on the pocket book either. The bartender served a great cosmo before dinner as well. Service was great. Our server was attentive without ever rushing us. I would love to see what they do for lunch. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Birk's has always been known for fantastic steak, and the quality of the food at our recent dinner was amazing. We were treated like special guests from the moment we checked in with the maitre d', though the course of our meal. Although the restaurant is a little too busy for my tastes during the week, the ambiance at our Saturday night dinner was wonderful. Also, big plus is the ease of location and parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid placemyaccountDined on 11/7/2014I have been here a few times and it is consistently a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak & ScotchVictualScoutDined on 11/4/2014Birk's is an icon in this area of Silicon Valley. The steaks are great, the bar is well stocked, and if you don't think ahead you won't get a reservation. Noise level can be a little high when they're busy but it's part of the experience. The service staff is very knowledgeable and work very hard to take care of you. On this particular occasion my steak was "just ok"; it was cooked to perfection but the cut of grass-fed beef was tough and a little stringy. This is by far the exception, usually I can cut the steak with my fork. Birk's has my highest recommendation.Special Features:
- Delicious foodTookbankDined on 11/4/2014No matter what you pick, all entrees are delicious and well-prepared along with professional and customer-friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBusinessDinersDined on 11/3/2014We where a little unsure when we entered the restaurant if this was the place for us. Our server was (over)entertaining. But the Food made it all up. Great flavors especially the peppered steak.Special Features:
- Great food!2martinisDined on 11/2/2014Brought my granddaughter here because the food is wonderful. The menu selection is extensive, is something for everyone's palate. I found it difficult to make a selection. Remember to save room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSantaMonicaladyDined on 11/1/2014After reading the reviews of Birk's, we made reservations for dinner. We were coming from L.A. area to see the 49er game and were unfamiliar with the area but wanted a nice steak house dinner. The food was so-so, the ambiance was awful -- bright lights with no atmosphere or ambiance at all. It felt very cafeteria-ish. I do not recommend this place unless you want to go to a place like this that seems to cater to an older crowd (50-70) with bright lights and absolutely no dark comfortable steak house setting. We won't be back.
- Great Date Night!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014Birk's will be added to date night spot options, I have not been here in years but thought I would give it a shot. From the reservation to the greeting at Birk"s the night was awesome. The food was superb as was the service from the waiter and support staff. Thank You Birk's for restoring my faith that service and great food can thrive in a restaurant. Sincerely, Happy date nightSpecial Features:
- Exercise your jawEaterOuterDined on 10/30/2014Steak was cooked correctly, but quality of meat was mediocre. Multiple diners only ate part of their steak complaining that the meat was too tough. We had a 1:30 reservation, so at the tail end of the lunch crowd, and seemed to be an inconvenience to the waiter; all the reamining staff were quite pleasant.
- business spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014good for business meetings or after work meetings.........not suitable for personal or romantic dining
- Birk's Santa ClaraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Birk's is a fine establishment for business or personal dining experience. With it's proximity to Silicon Valley IT firms and it's proximity to both the 101 and Santa Clara area businesses, it's ideal for lunch and / or dinner dining experiences. The restaurant from matre'd to wait / bar staff is superbly staffed with the highest degree of professionalism. The establishment is excellent in terms of menu selection and quality. The restaurant's wait staff are the best and the fresh nature of the menu including a robust oyster bar is all in line with high end client expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck FansharonDined on 10/23/2014Found Birks through Open Table, menu looked amazing so we gave it a shot. Could not stop talking about the food! Six of us went and the service was impeccable! Definitely will go again when in the area.Special Features:
- Steaks downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014You guys used to be known for your steaks. I had a grass fed steak, medium rare. It was full of fat and gristle and the meat was tough!
- Dinner at BirksNothappycustomerDined on 10/16/2014We have now been to Birks three times and have not been disapointed. The service was first class and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLINKVIPDined on 10/16/2014The noise in the restaurant due to the bar was so loud we had to shout to hear each other. The bar seems to dominate the room. We both had steak. They were good, not great. The caesar salad was good. We felt the restaurant was definitely overpriced for the quality it offered.Special Features:
- Had better daysMarkDined on 10/9/2014I have been to Birks over the years many times, however, this was my first time in about a year. Overall, the food and decor have seen better days. Steak was good, no issue, but sides spent too much time under the heat lamp and not hot or appetizing. Would I stay away, no, but it would not be my first or second choice. Especially for the price, there are better place to go.
- Not as good as it used to be...FrancaiseVIPDined on 10/6/2014The place is in a great location and I always run into old friends. Have been going to Birk's for years. However this is the 1st time I was very disappointed with the food. Steak was undercooked so sent it back. Came back overcooked, but they made me a new one which came after everyone at my table finished eating, only to realize the new steak was again undercooked. At least they didnt charge me for it in the end, so customer service is good. As long as you order medium rare or well done you should be ok. Maybe it was a one-time, so will definitely come back and try it again, but it has certainly discouraged me to go back immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!Kana18mada73Dined on 10/3/2014Had an Amazing nite here with my hubby 5minutes early didn't have to wait escorted to our table. Hubby tried the Ribeye medium rare & I went for the New York Steak all were cooked to perfection & we enjoyed our meal. Excellent service throughout & paced. All in all a very pleasant evening this is just the beginning shall I say!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, always consistent!spcydishVIPDined on 10/1/2014I love Birk's! They have a great menu, the food is ALWAYS delicious and the wait staff is fabulous! People that actually seem like they like their job - they're happy and helpful! Sadly, that's often too hard to find these days....but not at Birk's - they are FANTASTIC! This is what I tell my friends that I take there, "If it sounds good to you on the menu - you will love it b/c all the food is great!!"Special Features:
- LisaDined on 10/1/2014Always good food , good service, friendly. This is a place for business meeting. Recommended for friend and business partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner Night OutBonSDined on 9/29/2014My family and I love coming here for special occasionan; the food is always good and so is the service. Our waiter was a little hard to understand with his accent, he spoke so rapidly, and it was rather loud in the restaurant. The food was good; we had the oysters on the half shell, filet mignon with blue cheese, and veal chop, which my husband really enjoyed. The seafood paella on pasta was full of seafood, but too many red pepper flakes. Spicy! The cheesecake was good along with the glasses of port.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerI82muchDined on 9/29/2014The steaks are to die for and the wine list awesome. Cooked to perfection and flavors spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks Santa Clarack94112VIPDined on 9/27/2014My first visit.... very nice everything. The only thing that needs attention is the waiter was not always available. Our reservation was on Saturday and about 730pm... this was not a full crowd because of there location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Very nice. Pretty expensive. My swordfish was done nicely. I added the spinach side. Corkage was $20. No mention of our birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodwnakDined on 9/25/2014Been coming here for our anniversary dinner for 15 years and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Service is always great and food is very good. They also gave us complimentary dessert worth $20 as anniversary gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDrich1116VIPDined on 9/25/2014Sitting next to someone we literally had to shout to each other during lunch. Busy is good crazy loud means I won't do lunch here again
- Pricey and not worth ithighexpecatationsDined on 9/23/2014Cocktail menu looked inventive and great, but drinks were ridiculously sweet, not balanced. The entree special was ono fish to be cooked medium rare, but it came out dry like cardboard. The server must have known it had been sitting under the warmer for a long time, because he didn't come to check on our entree for at least 15 minutes, while we left the food tasted but otherwise untouched. When he finally came, he did offer to bring us another and the replacement was nicely cooked. Knowing it was my birthday, he brought a complimentary piece of cheesecake, but it, too, was far too sweet. The ceviche was tasty, but the presentation was terrible. The kale salad was well-dressed but had random ingredients not listed that did not work.
- Avoid this Place!friendlydinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you like bad food, deafening noise throughout the restaurant, and terrible service, this is the place for you. We tried three tables, trying to get one where we didn't have to shout, but it was impossible. Even the manager later said that it was the noisiest restaurant he knew of. The food was bad (a tough steak with no taste for $40), the service nonexistent (our snippy server missed serving one course until we reminded him, and then never checked back to see how the main course was). We finally talked to the manager, who apologized for the service and gave us a gift certificate, which we shall not use. We would never return to this restaurant. When we left, our party of three all had sore ears and a bad taste in our mouths.
- Great steak house in Santa ClaraNotMyFirstTimeInLVDined on 9/23/2014This is a very good place for steaks in the heart of Santa Clara, CA - If you're staying in the area and you want a very nice meal with great service, this is a good place for you. The house cabernet is very nice, and the salmon and sea bass are good options if you want something besides steak. The service staff is always professional and very attentive.Special Features:
- Does Not Disappoints24estDined on 9/20/2014Highly professional and friendly staff. Wonderful food. I ordered a kale salad, blackened rib-eye, and garlic mash potatoes. Everything was plated excellently and tasted outstanding: the steak prepared exactly as ordered. I will definitely return there and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks ReviewHUX32Dined on 9/19/2014Birks is very good but truthfully, I would never dine there if they did not accept the Passport card. I ordered a steak for lunch last week and it cost $40! (this is the lunch price) I had mistaken the New York salad priced at $24 for the New York steak entree priced at $40! Lunch for two was $77.00 and alcohol was not consumed. (Water and a iced tea) No appetizers, soup salad etc. Just two entrees! I'll think twice before going back there again.Special Features: