3955 Freedom Circle
Santa Clara, CA 95054Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.birksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4089806400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am to 2:30pm
Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm to 6pm, Saturday: 5pm to 7pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5pm to 9:30pm
Sunday: 5pm to 9pm
Game Day Hours- Lunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Maurice Dissels
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: CLASSIC AMERICANA MENU
Friday-Sunday Dinner 3 course menus change weekly. Inquire for details
3:30pm to 6pm, Monday—Friday and Saturday 5pm to 7pm
Whet your appetite with a Birk's Big Martini, Specialty Cocktail or Beer. Ask a server about our discounted drink specials
GAME DAYS- 49ers take the field at Levi's Stadium
Game Day Hours- Lunch 10am-3pm, Dinner 4pm-9pm
A word from Birk's
Birk's proudly offers hardwood grilled steaks, chops and seafood and has served Silicon Valley diners continuously since 1989. Birk's concept is based on the traditional city grill with a contemporary twist that remains one of the most popular dining destinations for lunch and dinner in the area. In addition to the menu of hardwood grilled steaks, chops, fresh fish and seafood, Birk's culinary team creates daily lunch and dinner menu additions. The lively bar is stocked with a complete array of beverages including an award winning wine list, select beers on tap, single malt scotches and full espresso bar. The attentive yet unobtrusive service professionals combined with an elegant facility and consistently executed cuisine make Birk's the ideal location for your next business or casual lunch or dinner, private dining or special occasion event.Continued
At your service,
At your service,
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Birk's - Best Restaurants in Santa Clara ›
Birk's reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)great for lunch (74)good for groups (69)fit for foodies (57)notable wine list (45)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (35)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (29)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- business spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/27/2014good for business meetings or after work meetings.........not suitable for personal or romantic dining
- Birk's Santa ClaraOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/27/2014Birk's is a fine establishment for business or personal dining experience. With it's proximity to Silicon Valley IT firms and it's proximity to both the 101 and Santa Clara area businesses, it's ideal for lunch and / or dinner dining experiences. The restaurant from matre'd to wait / bar staff is superbly staffed with the highest degree of professionalism. The establishment is excellent in terms of menu selection and quality. The restaurant's wait staff are the best and the fresh nature of the menu including a robust oyster bar is all in line with high end client expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck FansharonDined on 10/23/2014Found Birks through Open Table, menu looked amazing so we gave it a shot. Could not stop talking about the food! Six of us went and the service was impeccable! Definitely will go again when in the area.Special Features:
- Steaks downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014You guys used to be known for your steaks. I had a grass fed steak, medium rare. It was full of fat and gristle and the meat was tough!
- Dinner at BirksNothappycustomerDined on 10/16/2014We have now been to Birks three times and have not been disapointed. The service was first class and so was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisapointedLINKVIPDined on 10/16/2014The noise in the restaurant due to the bar was so loud we had to shout to hear each other. The bar seems to dominate the room. We both had steak. They were good, not great. The caesar salad was good. We felt the restaurant was definitely overpriced for the quality it offered.Special Features:
- Had better daysMarkDined on 10/9/2014I have been to Birks over the years many times, however, this was my first time in about a year. Overall, the food and decor have seen better days. Steak was good, no issue, but sides spent too much time under the heat lamp and not hot or appetizing. Would I stay away, no, but it would not be my first or second choice. Especially for the price, there are better place to go.
- Not as good as it used to be...FrancaiseVIPDined on 10/6/2014The place is in a great location and I always run into old friends. Have been going to Birk's for years. However this is the 1st time I was very disappointed with the food. Steak was undercooked so sent it back. Came back overcooked, but they made me a new one which came after everyone at my table finished eating, only to realize the new steak was again undercooked. At least they didnt charge me for it in the end, so customer service is good. As long as you order medium rare or well done you should be ok. Maybe it was a one-time, so will definitely come back and try it again, but it has certainly discouraged me to go back immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!Kana18mada73Dined on 10/3/2014Had an Amazing nite here with my hubby 5minutes early didn't have to wait escorted to our table. Hubby tried the Ribeye medium rare & I went for the New York Steak all were cooked to perfection & we enjoyed our meal. Excellent service throughout & paced. All in all a very pleasant evening this is just the beginning shall I say!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, always consistent!spcydishVIPDined on 10/1/2014I love Birk's! They have a great menu, the food is ALWAYS delicious and the wait staff is fabulous! People that actually seem like they like their job - they're happy and helpful! Sadly, that's often too hard to find these days....but not at Birk's - they are FANTASTIC! This is what I tell my friends that I take there, "If it sounds good to you on the menu - you will love it b/c all the food is great!!"Special Features:
- LisaDined on 10/1/2014Always good food , good service, friendly. This is a place for business meeting. Recommended for friend and business partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner Night OutBonSDined on 9/29/2014My family and I love coming here for special occasionan; the food is always good and so is the service. Our waiter was a little hard to understand with his accent, he spoke so rapidly, and it was rather loud in the restaurant. The food was good; we had the oysters on the half shell, filet mignon with blue cheese, and veal chop, which my husband really enjoyed. The seafood paella on pasta was full of seafood, but too many red pepper flakes. Spicy! The cheesecake was good along with the glasses of port.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome dinnerI82muchDined on 9/29/2014The steaks are to die for and the wine list awesome. Cooked to perfection and flavors spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks Santa Clarack94112VIPDined on 9/27/2014My first visit.... very nice everything. The only thing that needs attention is the waiter was not always available. Our reservation was on Saturday and about 730pm... this was not a full crowd because of there location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Very nice. Pretty expensive. My swordfish was done nicely. I added the spinach side. Corkage was $20. No mention of our birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodwnakDined on 9/25/2014Been coming here for our anniversary dinner for 15 years and it hasn't disappointed us yet. Service is always great and food is very good. They also gave us complimentary dessert worth $20 as anniversary gift.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDrich1116VIPDined on 9/25/2014Sitting next to someone we literally had to shout to each other during lunch. Busy is good crazy loud means I won't do lunch here again
- Pricey and not worth ithighexpecatationsDined on 9/23/2014Cocktail menu looked inventive and great, but drinks were ridiculously sweet, not balanced. The entree special was ono fish to be cooked medium rare, but it came out dry like cardboard. The server must have known it had been sitting under the warmer for a long time, because he didn't come to check on our entree for at least 15 minutes, while we left the food tasted but otherwise untouched. When he finally came, he did offer to bring us another and the replacement was nicely cooked. Knowing it was my birthday, he brought a complimentary piece of cheesecake, but it, too, was far too sweet. The ceviche was tasty, but the presentation was terrible. The kale salad was well-dressed but had random ingredients not listed that did not work.
- Avoid this Place!friendlydinerVIPDined on 9/23/2014If you like bad food, deafening noise throughout the restaurant, and terrible service, this is the place for you. We tried three tables, trying to get one where we didn't have to shout, but it was impossible. Even the manager later said that it was the noisiest restaurant he knew of. The food was bad (a tough steak with no taste for $40), the service nonexistent (our snippy server missed serving one course until we reminded him, and then never checked back to see how the main course was). We finally talked to the manager, who apologized for the service and gave us a gift certificate, which we shall not use. We would never return to this restaurant. When we left, our party of three all had sore ears and a bad taste in our mouths.
- Great steak house in Santa ClaraNotMyFirstTimeInLVDined on 9/23/2014This is a very good place for steaks in the heart of Santa Clara, CA - If you're staying in the area and you want a very nice meal with great service, this is a good place for you. The house cabernet is very nice, and the salmon and sea bass are good options if you want something besides steak. The service staff is always professional and very attentive.Special Features:
- Does Not Disappoints24estDined on 9/20/2014Highly professional and friendly staff. Wonderful food. I ordered a kale salad, blackened rib-eye, and garlic mash potatoes. Everything was plated excellently and tasted outstanding: the steak prepared exactly as ordered. I will definitely return there and recommend it to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks ReviewHUX32Dined on 9/19/2014Birks is very good but truthfully, I would never dine there if they did not accept the Passport card. I ordered a steak for lunch last week and it cost $40! (this is the lunch price) I had mistaken the New York salad priced at $24 for the New York steak entree priced at $40! Lunch for two was $77.00 and alcohol was not consumed. (Water and a iced tea) No appetizers, soup salad etc. Just two entrees! I'll think twice before going back there again.Special Features:
- great foodfinedinerDined on 9/17/2014The food was fantastic. Every dish on the menu and every plate that passed our table was a temptation in itself. Our steaks were cooked to perfection. The lamb and pork cos that passed our table looked amazing. I now have a reason to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatLove4FoodDined on 9/17/2014I have been to Birk's quite a few times - for lunches, dinners, and happy hour. The atmosphere is always vibrant, and the interior setting is good enough for business lunches or a more expensive date. The food selection is quite varied, although the dessert menu is somewhat limited. Overall, a great atmosphere, good service, nice décor, and food which is good, but not great.Special Features:
- JuanDesLaFuquaDined on 9/14/2014Black and blue sandwiches usually great Overdone meat, dry sandwich...terribleSpecial Features:
- Awesome place, has been for yearsQueenjwagon1VIPDined on 9/12/2014I remember going here years ago, that is where I met many 49'ers (Joe Montana, and then back up quarterback Steve Young to name a few) - they would often come there during off season or after practice. I have very fond memories of Birk McCandless as well. I can say I have been going here for a very long time. I have never had a bad meal or bad service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Good service - - food came so quickly, excellent meal. The noise level doubled with a larger group came into the area we were sitting in, and we could barely hear each other - - other than this, nice experience.Special Features:
- Overrated and poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014The restaurant was empty. I had a reservation yet they chose to seat me and my guest at a table far from a window and on a walkway to a storage room and others table. Lots of traffic going by our table. When we asked to be moved they said they couldn't. There was no one in the place!! Very disappointing overall including the meal.Special Features:
- Great client dining locationRoyBoyDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant has been my favorite to bring clients and business contacts. It is located in the heart of Silicon Valley (right off the 101) and has the upscale ambience and relative quiet interior to make it the ideal place for a discussion over lunch. Great bar, excellent steaks and seafood, and quick efficient service.Special Features:
- Great Place for a Romantic DinnerPaulHollisterDined on 8/31/2014My wife and I had dinner the other night at Birks and once again had wonderful food and great service! The Blackened Rib Eye and Prime Rib are fantastic! Along with the Crème Brulee! We will definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Great ServicetonemiesterDined on 8/27/2014Recently ate at Birks based on a recommendation. I hadnt had a good steak in a while and was looking forward to it. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the quality of the food. I expect a steak at a place like this to be better than something I can cook at home. However, the service was fantastic and the ambiance nice.Special Features:
- Ask for Sean! He's exceptional!DropdeadmodestDined on 8/27/2014I have to say the food was delicious! The lobster in the salad was mouth watering. Sean, though, provided such exceptional service that I had to write this review to let people know where to go to get "wowed"! Ask for him and you will be glad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Silicon Valley spotNeilVIPDined on 8/25/2014Birks is still a great place to meet in Silicon Valley. Vibrant, upscale setting with good food and wine.Special Features:
- Wonderful for business dinneranagadgetDined on 8/25/2014My international guest and I loved our food. We had calamari, crab cakes, clam chowder, asparagus, key lime pie, chocolate mousse washed down with an awesome beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch before 49er gameRocketgirlDined on 8/24/2014Birks is trying something new... they are open for brunch before the 49er games when they play at home...They offer free parking with a "short walk" to the game. It seemed like a good idea but the walk was longer than expected as the walking path is closed during home games and we had to go all the way around, it was about 1.5 miles. Food was tasty and good, but we were a bit disappointed that they only offered only one brunch item; steak and eggs... all other items were later lunch/dinner items, as we really didn't feel like fried calamari at 10am in the morning... hoping that they expand their brunch menu for future games.
- Special AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This was our 45th wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were greeted with a comment of "45". My wife didn't know it, but I had put in your reservation that it was our 45th. The Maitre'D and everyone who attended to us on our special evening congratulated us on our milestone. Truly a special evening all around. Thanks to Dennis, our waiter and all the others for a great memory.Special Features:
- Fabulous in every waydisappointedVIPDined on 8/21/2014The steak salad special was amazing and always the waitstaff is superb :-)
- RecognitionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Appreciated and recognize Concierge member. After all we are recommending the restaurant to our guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014All the staff is exceptional and always make me feel special. Not that I have my own booth or anything (I do!). The food is excellent and it can be challenging for that final decision. Of course, with a martini or lovely glass of wine that helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Drinks, & AtmosphereNTHKDined on 8/20/2014I come here all the time for lunch with colleagues. I love it. The food is always good and so is the service. It's a little pricey however. For 2 people to have a regular lunch is ~$50-$60. I've had every salad and they're all good. Great burgers and sandwiches. You really can't beat the raw bar. Big parking lot in the back so you never have an issue. Especially since all the places in this area for lunch are always packed and you can never get parking. I would suggest always making reservations because they can get very packed.Special Features: