Birks Café par Europea
1240 Square Phillips
Montreal, QC H3B 3H4Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Birks Café par Europea
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.birkscafe.com/
- Phone: 5143972468
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM, Sunday : 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 2:30 PM -6:00 PM, Thursday - Friday: 2:30 PM - 9:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Afternoon Tea
- Executive Chef: Olivier Chaussy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Birks Café par Europea
Whether you're from here ... or abroad, we hope that the moments spent at the Birks Café feel like a journey - a journey of discovery of culinary sweetness and pleasure. Enjoy your time at the Café, take in the surroundings and enjoy a moment of relaxation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Birks Café par Europea - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Birks Café par Europea reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (53)great for lunch (45)great for brunch (32)fit for foodies (28)romantic (26)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- MarilouDined on 10/8/2014Bravo à toute l'équipe! mes invités sortent du resto très ravis et impréssionés.Special Features:
- XquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Food was exquisite carefully prepared right portions very tasty. The service and politeness impeccable and waiter always with a smile. The prices reasonable and the atmosphere pleasant, overall an enjoyable afternoon. The richly decorated place is just stunning adding flair and high class to the menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchmaximecDined on 10/5/2014A very expensive brunch - $55 for one person including tip. Fit for a special occasion, absolute must for reservation, very limited space.Special Features:
- Great experiencecocoDined on 9/28/2014My first 4 O'clock tea... It was fun and the food was good!!! Everything was perfect ! You have to try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The food was fabulous. My guest and I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- lovelynyvluvrDined on 9/21/2014A really enjoyable brunch. great idea for girlfriends to get together and sit among the diamonds with a glass of champagne. The ambiance is gorgeous and just what a girl needs on a Sunday morning after a long work week. . Before arriving I thought the menu appeared to be a bit pricey but after being served plate after plate of beautifully presented and delicious food and a glass of mimosa - I have to say that it was worth it. I will be going back and letting my friends and family know of this "gem"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DécueJobulleDined on 9/21/2014Le repas (brunch) était bon par contre le service pas à la hauteur, la table pas complètement dressée, ( manque ustensile condiment) très lent et pas du tout enthousiasme!
- DanIDined on 9/19/2014Un bel après-midi dégustant "the afternoon tea experience" A refaire!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable service and foodLilyDined on 9/19/2014Once again I am impressed by the quality of food and service given by an Europea's restaurant. I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks caféDanielfDined on 9/14/2014We thought that it was a great and relaxing experience:food was excellent,service was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petit bijouCath001Dined on 9/12/2014Amazing service, the tea time service is a very good value and the selection of tea is very hard to choose from, because of all the good choices available. This is my second visit, and certainly not the last one, and I always treat myself with a glass of champagne !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great afternoon tea experienceRoussecaroDined on 9/7/2014There are not that many restaurants in Montréal that offer the traditional English tea experience. Birks does and does it with class ! The choice of food is great and so is the presentation and service. The whole atmosphere is perfect. If you are shopping and at some point you want to take a little pause Birks offers great food (the scones are amazing) and a great selection of teas.Special Features:
- Special placePapaofTwoYoungMonkeysDined on 9/6/2014At the Birks Cafe there is much attention to detail, and effort in creativity, in the food. But the location is perhaps the distinctive note, elegantly perched on the mezzanine of the stately old Birks jewelry store. This is a great strength of the place, bringing both elegance and relaxed quiet to the dining experience. It is however a double edged sword, as there is nothing else - no passing crowd for people-watching, no neighbourhood feeling. So it is what it is - which if you are in the mood is a lovely, old-world setting with cutting-edge cuisine. Surprisingly welcoming for children - the formality of the space contrasts with their accommodating nature for young families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spacious Fancy BrunchtrustmeitrieditDined on 8/30/2014When you first go inside Birks, you'd be surprised to find a cafe serving brunch inside but that's what it was. They served us a 4 course meal with choice of roast beef or salmon. We had both but the salmon was our favorite. Having been to Europea, I'd expect the same creative standard Europea set for their own restaurant (why else would they sponsor/support Cafe Birks). Unfortunately I found the creativity to be disappointing. The courses tasted great but lacked the visual appeal set by Europea. Beyond that, it's a great place to go for a brunch experience or afternoon tea (which seems to be their forte).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention aux produits nettoyants!MarieandDined on 8/23/2014Notre expérience aurait été parfaite si cela n'avait été des odeurs-extrêmement allergènes pour un des membres de notre groupe et dérangeantes pour les autres- du produit nettoyant utilisé pour désinfecter les tables après le départ des autres convives. Ne pourrait-on pas attendre que tout le monde soit parti pour procéder à ce grand nettoyage? Ces odeurs fortes ruinent carrément les dernières gorgées de thé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING high tea experience!!!luvhighteaDined on 8/15/2014This was a definite highlight in my sister's bachelorette weekend get-away. She had always wanted to try high tea and the afternoon tea at Birk's cafe surpassed her expectations. Food and tea was great. We would absolutely try this again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The overall review was good. However the waiter and the waitress, but especially the waiter and not the maître d' had to be asked to speak English 3 times as one person in our group did not speak French. I found this interesting as we all spoke English through out the meal. What was upsetting is that we had to ask 3 times. Not acceptable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful timeAngelikaDined on 8/9/2014The service and the food were amazing. Great memorable time. Would recommand to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful teaprimpysheepDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I had high tea at the cafe on our anniversary. I requested a different table as the one we were given was next to the bussing station and they graciously accommodated. I make a hobby of having high tea and the food here was the best selection I've had--nice balance of sweet and savory, and the prosciutto sandwich was substantial enough that it felt like a late lunch. With two warm, fluffy scones each, the helpings were spot on. Though the panacotta was too sweet, the tiramisu was delicious. A nice selection of Mariage Freres teas as well. Even though my husband is more of an afternoon beer drinker, he really liked the Marco Polo tea and he's still raving about the foie gras appetizer. Ambiance was nice but not remarkable.Special Features:
- Very chic!TeaLoverDined on 7/25/2014Great tea time! Birks serves high tea with a contemporary twist of favorite English classics. The Mariage et Frères tea is delicious, the finger food savory and the service is professional, discrete and efficient. A must for tea time lovers and a great "girly" afternoon. Put on your best dress and enjoy a nice cup of tea!Special Features:
- good2loveDined on 7/22/2014Le service était excellent. Tout se fait avec une fluidité . La nourriture délicieuse. Le lieu très apaisant On oublie que nous sommes en plein centre ville Tout est raffiné de l'amuse gueule au désert J'y retourne sans hésiter Je le recommandeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- *****NvcreationsblogspotDined on 7/16/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. A great view in a historic building in a feeling of luxury and wealth. The tea selection is to die for and the menu, though unchanging, is beyond reproach. Altogether a wonderful restaurant, and it's a wonderful place to chat, so clear up your afternoon!Special Features:
- Belle expérience :)GenevieveDined on 7/13/2014J'ai invité mes collègues de travail à venir au café. Ce fut une très belle expérience que nous avons vécues. La nourriture était un vrai party dans la bouche! Le thé était excellent. Le service était souriant. C'est à revivre! Merci pour ce beau moment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon tea in a jewelry store!PowerladyDined on 7/9/2014Teatime magazine featured Montreal and Quebec for afternoon tea recently and by coincidence, we were going to be up there. I chose Birk's. What woman wouldn't like tea in a jewelry store? It was wonderful. There was an excellent selection of teas served in iron pots which keep the tea warm much better than china. The sandwiches included pate, smoked salmon and a turkey club. The scones were tender and warm. The sweets included one in a glass plus french maccarons. They even give you a package of meringues as a gift to go. The service was excellent and it was nice and quiet. They do also have lunch selections which looked wonderful for those who do not partake of tea.Special Features:
- Very disappointedIngridDined on 7/9/2014I took my daughter there for a special lunch and we ordered the octopus dish and the scallops and risotto. The octopus dish was so heavily condimented with cumin (I cant digest cumin) that we couldnt eat it. the Scallop risotto was bland, no salt added and not fresh. the warm goat cheese salad was not great either, the crutons under the cheese were not fresh. I would never go back. too bad because i love the ambience. to be fair, when the maitre d asked me if i liked it and i said no, he did offer to exchange it.
- Ambiance & Food make up for serviceJamieDined on 6/28/2014I'm hoping it was a language barrier that made our French waitress loose her courteous smile when my out-of-town guests asked for a clarification on our order. Or maybe she was just overwhelmed by our table of 11... Unfortunately, that doesn't excuse the wait we had simply trying to place our order. Still---the food was excellent when it came, the tea was at the perfect temperature, and the location was a dream. My guests enjoyed themselves during the afternoon tea. Too bad we were "kicked out" exactly at 5:00 PM when the store/cafe closed and they turned off the lights...Special Features:
- Afternoon Tea!MLRMDined on 6/27/2014Nous avons passé un très beau moment à déguster les thés "Mariages et Frères" ainsi que les délicieuses petites bouchées incluses dans l'Afternoon Tea. Belle ambiance et moment magique assuré entre amis! J'y retourne assurément!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birks Café High TeaFoodProDined on 6/22/2014Went with two other adults and a young teenager on a Sunday afternoon. Excellent teas. Lovely presentation of food. Great taste. Superb service. All in all an excellent experience. All guests loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 236 reviews are from the Birks Café par Europea reviews archive.
- Very gooddatenightDined on 6/20/2014C'était ma 2e fois au café Birks et j'ai bien aimé. Par contre, pour 30$ chaque, c'est trop cher. 3 petits ronds de pain assez sec pour les petites sandwichs, un demi club sandwich délicieux, un chocolat, un macaron, une verrine, 2 scones. Tout goûtait bon et mon thé vert à la menthe était délicieux. Même si je trouve que les quantités ne sont pas généreuses pour le prix, à la fin, on n'a plus faim !Special Features:
- ServiceJuneDined on 6/18/2014Very nice and friendly staff but service was slow. We did not have time to have a coffee on our lunch break. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for business one on oneAbaillVIPDined on 6/18/2014Perfect for business one on one - Quiet and low pressure service. Great food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Restaurant with great class. Service excellent, an great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superbe resto mais la nourriture :(PhanyVIPDined on 5/20/2014Très bel endroit mais malheureusement les plats ne sont pas à la hauteur et coûteux.
- not worth itdisappointedDined on 5/17/2014Unfortunately, not the best brunch for the price in Montreal. Food is not fresh, not usual for the Europea group of restaurants. Will never recommend.
- Tea timeDidihappyDined on 5/15/2014Nice presentation. Good food. Nice environment. Have been there for brunch, it was delightful, enjoyed the mimosa with champagne. Been there a number of times for tea time with friends from Alberta, Portugal And they all wanted to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MickeyDined on 5/11/2014Loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Service was very good and prompt considering how busy they were. I read that they rush people but I did not have that experience. The food was presented beautifully on two platters. The sandwiches were tasty and the desserts were good. The scones with Devonshire cream and jam were the best. You don't get a lot of food, a sampling of sandwiches (4 party size) 3 dessert tastings and two scones. For our table it was too much we couldn't finish everything. For some others it might not be enough, but it is high tea.Special Features:
- tea for a birthdayteaforthegirlsDined on 5/9/2014Very nice place for a get together for a group of girls. We had a wonderfull time Food was good and the service very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Un bel endroitYolandeDined on 5/7/2014J'ai bien aimé mon expérience avec certaines réserves. L'idée des club-sandwichs toastés et qui sont servis froids et devenus secs ainsi que les canapés qui étaient secs aussi, n'entrent pas dans mon idée d'un resto de Jérôme Ferrer. Ma conception de sa cuisine est d'un niveau extraordinaire, alors ce fût décevant. Peut-être faudrait-il revoir le menu ou la façon de les conserver ou servir? Je verrais très bien les clubs servis sur pain frais??? Et la conservation y est-elle pour quelque chose?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Cafe EuropeaArleneVIPDined on 5/7/2014I went with my daughter to celebrate her birthday. It was so lovely. The meal was gorgeous to look at and quite delicious. We felt very special being in this lovely restaurant. The atmosphere was very elegant.Special Features:
- Awful Maître D'FoodieMtlDined on 4/6/2014This café is truly lovely; from the location within the historic Birks building to the quality of the food. However, my one gripe with it is that from the moment we were welcomed to the moment we left, we were treated extremely rudely by the female Maître D' on duty. On the other hand, the waiter and busboys were extremely helpful and professional. Quite honestly, the waiter was exceptional. Unfortunately, I have to say that because the Maître D' provides the first impression that lasts in an establishment, I will not particularly be recommending Birks Café to my friends and will likely choose another place to have brunch or afternoon tea next time my friends and I plan on doing so.Special Features: