Birch & Vine at The Birchwood
340 Beach Drive NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Birch & Vine at The Birchwood
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebirchwood.com/
- Phone: (727) 896-1080
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Cline
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The dining room features two small private dining areas for 8 guests each. The boutique hotel that our restaurant is located in has a Grand Ballroom on the fourth floor that can accommodate any size party up to 341 people and has an outdoor patio overlooking a park and the waters of Tampa Bay.
- Private Party Contact: Susan Robertson 7278961080x
A word from Birch & Vine at The Birchwood
Birch & Vine is an innovative restaurant within the hip, new boutique hotel known as The Birchwood. Birch & Vine takes a seasonal approach in crafting its 'Locally Sourced ~ Globally Inspired' cuisine. As the seasons change and the bounty of the land and sea evolves, so do the menu's at Birch & Vine. Located on famous Beach Drive in the Downtown St. Petersburg district, the restaurant sits across the street from North Straub Park, the Vinoy Marina and the sparkling waters of Tampa Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Birch & Vine at The Birchwood - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Birch & Vine at The Birchwood reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (73)great for outdoor dining (55)romantic (54)hot spot (47)notable wine list (47)neighborhood gem (44)scenic view (44)vibrant bar scene (39)good for groups (30)great for brunch (14)late-night find (13)great for lunch (13)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Dailydiner2dailydiner2Dined on 11/21/2014Despite the fact that the restaurant was VERY busy, the hostesses and the server made us feel very special. Also the menu had a good variety, and everything that we ordered was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Birch and Vine was a stunning contemporary environment with a unique innovative menu. We truly enjoyed out entire dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Special OccasionsackvilDined on 11/9/2014This is a nice place for special events. The food is well prepared and offers specials. If you want large portions this place is not for you. However, the food is well prepared with fresh ingredients. They have an extensive wine list at typically overpriced downtown prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ChefnancybDined on 11/7/2014We were quite impressed by the combinations of flavors, the value for the dollar, the waitstaff, the hydroponic salad....and especially the work of the chef the night we visited. Kudos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B&V had great food, portions small.FoodieNinjaDined on 11/1/2014It did not have the intimacy I had hoped for for my special occassion, but the food was very good. I would go back with a group of friends in the future to experience the other aspects of B&V, like the rooftop lounge and outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Great PotentialJimandKarolDined on 11/1/2014Traveled from Carrollwood to St. Petersburg with wife for Anniversary. Ambiance was somewhat noisy. Menu uninspiring. Food mediocre. Service adequate. Drinks before dinner were excellent-18 year old Scotch on the rocks and a Cosmo with Grey Goose!) Meatloaf was bland and too sweet. The cheese cake was warmed up and its consistency was runny ala flan without the sugar!! Canopy after dinner: view fantastic, fire pits and seating great. Staff stated that they would have to go downstairs to get coffee (Too hard!) Do plan on returning with hopes they get it together and rise to the level that is clearly there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was a winnerjpljrVIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant and we thought the quality of food, service and ambiance we all great. We will return again very soon.Special Features:
- MehOpentable999Dined on 10/30/2014The food was okay at best. The flavors were either understated or too bold. Wasn't a fan. Could have been the inept staff as well.Special Features:
- Great PlaceTwoGirlsDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary with drinks on the Balcony followed by dinner at Birch & Vine. Great atmosphere and wonderful food and service. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- best in st petedivingannDined on 10/24/2014Great food, great service, great wine - what more could you ask for in St Pete. Beats the other Beach Street restaurants hands down. Creative food and good wine list. will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Great1specialmealDined on 10/24/2014Wait staff was special . Provided extra champagne and dessert for our special occasion.Special Features:
- We'll be back!Budm1Dined on 10/23/2014What a great experience! Amazing combinations of flavors cooked to perfection. Crab cakes meaty with a hint of heat. Pumpkin curry soup was perfect for a fall evening in Florida. The tenderloin was cooked to perfection and the meatloaf's unique flavor had me begging for more - even though the portion was huge. The wine list is respectable and the service as good as it gets. Try it once and you'll be hooked. Thank you for a simply fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014FOOD AND DRINKS ARE GREAT! Servers and bartenders are knowledgeable, but there needs to be some improvements on training and communication for the host staff.Special Features:
- The food and view were wonderful.GoodfoodDined on 10/19/2014Sunday brunch was amazing. Creative and extensive menu options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / not great serviceFoodlover14Dined on 10/18/2014Waiter very friendly when taking drink order. Then advised we had a discount voucher from Travelzoo and he became nonexistent.dropped food very robot like and when dessert was served by a food runner he came right behind with check, never asked if anyone wanted coffee or after dinner drink. Also did NOT come back and say thank you when he discovered we DID TIP 20% on what orig total was before discount was applied! Second time there, first was for brunch which nobody was impressed with so i thought i would give it another try. Food was great but there are many other restaurants with great food AND great service ! If the waiter had been present he woukd have gotten 30%Special Features:
- Another great Birch&Vine experiencePDogVIPDined on 10/18/2014Fantastic service - Nick made our evening! Everyone can find their new favorite on the menu; apps, entrées or desserts. You gotta go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot 4 drinks or a biteLuv2eatDined on 10/18/2014Great spot for drinks with friends on the rooftop patio. Brunch menu was great. Lots to choose from. Staff was great and offered suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceLoveStPeteDined on 10/15/2014The food was superb and the ambiance was very nice. I wanted a nice romantic dinner for my birthday and Birch and Vine was the perfect place for that. We also went to rooftop bar, The Canopy, for drinks and it was beautiful. I've already told several people about it and will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up & DownnikinooDined on 10/11/2014I prefer to write glowing reports, and I simply am unable to. While we very much enjoyed our meal, it was lackluster on several points. Though the preparation sounded delicious, the lobster appetizer was a disappointment. We could not detect the vanilla note which is the ultimate reason we chose it. We were accidentally served both the grilled wedge and the mixed salad, and though we liked the ingredients in the mixed very well, the dressing tasted as if it were watered down. Wedge salad was soggy but flavorful. Entrees excellent and dessert superb. Just more work needed on what should be an outstanding restaurant. Just a tad better all around and it will rank as one of my favorites.Special Features:
- Saturday Dinner at Birch and VineProfessionalResortistDined on 10/11/2014We had a great table in the corner with a view of outside. The food was wonderful as usual. After dinner, we went upstairs for a few moments to take in the gorgeous view before heading home.Special Features:
- Anniversary celebrationchristinatDined on 10/9/2014First time at TheBirch and Vine for our 32nd Anniversary. Our dinner was so delicious, service was great and ambiance perfect to celebrate our evening♥Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.sharingtheloveDined on 10/4/2014The service was great. Monica was very accommodating. Veey knowledgeable of questions asked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!KazooDined on 10/3/2014What else can be said. The title says it all. I can't wait to return to this fabulous place.Special Features:
- Great food good ambiancegatorguyDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dining experience immensely. The only drawback was that we wanted a terrace table but there was a private party and the hostess let us know that their outdoor tables next to the street would be more comfortable. Other than the constant stream of cars and people which we were able to tune out we had a great time. The food and wine selections were outstanding. Very good date night place. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food even better serviceChrisDined on 10/1/2014Best NY strip I have had in a long time. Monica was the best when it comes to service!Special Features:
- Enjoyalbe experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014A comfortable mix of casual and class. The oyster appetizer was done very well with an interesting blend of flavors. The grass finished, Florida raised filet was excellent. Grass finished beef doesn't have the same fat content and care was taken by the chef to ensure it was cooked to perfection. The mushroom, bacon and onion jams were an excellent addition to the filet. I was pleased with the experience and will return. The service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well DoneAmbianceDined on 9/26/2014The night of September 26 could not have gone better. Food, service, the bartender ( whose name I did not get) and Charlotte, our server, combined to make the evening top notch. Our dinner reservation was at 6 p.m. At 7:30, as we were winding down, the restaurant was filling and the power went out. The staff behaved flawlessly; there was never a hint of panic or even consternation. They conducted themselves as pros and maintained the atmosphere that had brought us all there in the first place. Any restaurant staff can perform when everything is going well, but when the lights go out, the pros show up. Well Done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyERISAdudeDined on 9/20/2014The menu had a good combination of interesting food combinations and standards for the less adventurous palate. All was delicious! The noise level was perfect, as my wife and I could talk to each other comfortably, and not worry about others listening in on our conversation. The decor was very nice – more interesting than fancy. We ordered a soup, salad, the Osso Bucco, a peppercorn steak, and two desserts. All was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Food was not that great - my fish was over seasoned and the sides was a strange mixture of things that really just did not work. Presentation of all the dishes at my table were sloppy except for one. Food was expensive for what was delivered. Dinner rolls were stale and dry.Special Features:
- They hit it out of the park!BelleairfoodieDined on 9/13/2014We had been to B&V before and had been a bit disappointed. Nothing horrible, but a solid B. This night, everything was perfect, from the martinis to start to dessert! The trout was to die for; the oysters appetizer more than good; scallops delicious, fresh and juicy. Craig our server was attentive without being cloying. Presentations were well paced and we didn't feel hurried, even though I suspect that our table was filled after us. A great addition to a great neighborhood.Special Features:
- Photogenic Fantastic FoodMmFoodDined on 9/13/2014This is the kind of food you send pictures of to your friends to make them jealous. The presentation was gorgeous and every bite was amazing. Add to that the beautiful setting and great views of the park and waterfront and this place is a big win for a romantic date night or other celebration.Special Features:
- A True GemFoodiegalDined on 9/13/2014The food was delightful, tasty and innovative, the service impeccable and friendly. Yummy and fresh and everything had an interesting twist. It's a terrific place. The Canopy Bar on the rooftop is fun too!Special Features:
- Very special restaurantJoanneDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate our birthdays. We had dinner in their lovely dining room. We sat at a round booth which was very comfortable. We had a great server named Amanda who gave us a suggestion on what red wine we ordered. We shared steak tartare for an appetizer which was great but we didn't care much for the oyster appetizer. Entrees were excellent. They brought out 2 cupcakes with burning candles on them for our birthday dessert. After dinner we took the elevator up to their rooftop bar and lounge area. Saw the view that everyone raves about. Sat down at a comfortable lounge sofa and had an after dinner cocktail. Background music was soft. Wonderful way to end our birthday celebration. We will go again!!!Special Features:
- Great foodLHPRDined on 9/6/2014First time at the restaurant. Went on a Saturday night and the rooftop bar was quite full, would like to go back during the week when hopefully, it's not so crowded and we can sit and enjoy the view. Had dinner inside and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- What a wonderful spotScubadiverDined on 9/6/2014We have lived in the area for two years now, and have never had the opportunity to eat at The Birch & Vine. Boy were we missing a gem. The ambiance, we ate on the porch, the service ( perfect without being overbearing and making great suggestions) to the food ( great combonations and beautiful execution) made this dinner one to remember. The duck breakfast appitzer was one of the best starters I have ever had. The drinks were well made strong and reasonably priced. Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding meal!DiningDivaDined on 9/5/2014It was our first visit to the Birch & Vine- we were celebrating out 27th wedding anniversary! We had a drink at the bar and had wonderful service from the bartender who told is all about the menu items and how fresh everything is prepared using local farms. We then went into the dining room and had a lovely booth reserved. Our meals were delicious and service was great!! We finished off with a nightcap up on the rooftop! Will definitely be back! Only negative is parking which is something you have to deal with when in St. PeteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a great settingTrencherman4Dined on 9/3/2014Our first visit to the Birch and Vine got mixed reviews from the table. The ladies gave the food rave reviews while the men found the food just good. The steak was a top dish for my wife. Likewise the salmon my sons friend enjoyed. My halibut was the "special" and was a tad fish tasting. The potato dish was way over the top for saltiness' on both my wife's and my plates. My son's scallops were just ok in his view. Over all the plates were well presented and service was very attentive. My wife's complimentary dessert, birthday, was a nice treat to end a good evening out.Special Features:
- Food - Fantastic Noise - DeafingLovetoDineDined on 9/2/2014Our meal and our service were both five star. Absolutely no complaints for either. Our only issue was the noise level. There is very little sound absorbing material in the dining room, consequently if there is a loud group, of which there happened to be two when we dined, it was very distracting and took away from what was supposed to be a romantic evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/2/2014Great location, food and overall experience. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Our dishes, although tasty, arrived cold to our table. The dessert choice was okay, not stellar. We didn't try the wine selections.