6107 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85250Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://binksscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 664-9238
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm
M-Th: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Fri-Sat: 5:00pm - 10pm
Sun: 10 - 9pm
Daily: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Binkley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: We strive to bring the best of our restaurant into you home.
A word from Bink's Scottsdale
Located in the heart of Scottsdale, Chef Kevin Binkley’s Bink’s Scottsdale offers simply delicious, contemporary cuisine. Utilizing the flavors of the seasons, diners will not only appreciate the exceptional fare, but also the full bar, extensive wine list, and daily happy hour deals. With an ever-changing menu of farm-fresh produce, meats, and seafoods, Bink’s Scottsdale’s eclectic dishes are both classically satisfying, and refreshingly adventurous.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bink's Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (27)great for lunch (21)good for groups (11)notable wine list (10)romantic (7)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014The place was empty on a Wednesday evening and the food did not live up to that of Bink's Cafe in Cave Creek.
- good restaurantScottsdaleVIPDined on 11/15/2014We didn't order the right dinners for us but I would go again. Didn't care for the sand dabs and the grief chicken was tasty but dry. The salads were perfect. The wine was nice. The service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll go back.RebeccaDined on 11/15/2014If you love mussels, then you definitely want to try Bink's mussels 'starters' dish with curry coconut sauce and crusty bread. Delicious! The service was very good. My friend and I were visiting and sat at our table for three hours - no one ever made us feel like we needed to leave. They were very gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!ScottsdalefoodieDined on 11/8/2014First time at this restaurant, and we had high expectations from all the rave reviews from friends. We were not disappointed! We were greeted warmly and seated outside in perfect weather. We shared several plates and everything was GOOD! We enjoyed the kale, the butternut squash, brussel sprouts, bbq octopus, & sand dabs. Especially outstanding were the bbq octopus and butternut squash. Wine selection is nice with good prices. Bread pudding was excellent - served piping hot. We will definitely become regulars at the restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerErinGVIPDined on 11/6/2014Enjoyed lovely dinner on the Bink's patio. It was a work dinner and the ambiance allowed for good conversation. The BBQ octopus was amazing.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful flavors enhance the dining experience at this casual neighborhood restaurant. The owner/ chef works creatively with his ingredients and the results are offerings that rise above those of his many competitors. Always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably High QualityRonHDined on 11/1/2014This was our third meal at Bink's Scottsdale. It's been a consistently great food experience.Special Features:
- QUACK!HeavyMetalMeatHammerVIPDined on 10/18/2014I don't normally say things like "You must try the ..." in reviews, but if I ever say it, it'll be about the duck breast at Bink's. That's not to slight any of the other offerings, because we liked the BBQ octopus, gazpacho, bolognese, mussels, sand dabs, and pretty much everything else we had. The duck is something special, however. Not because it's presented in a fancy way (it isn't), but because it's just plain delicious (hint: don't go beyond "medium" when the server asks how you want it cooked). Add a friendly staff and a kitchen that knows how to pace the various courses, and you're talking about a very, very enjoyable meal. The wine list isn't huge, but there's enough variety to ensure a successful pairing for anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THREEDined on 9/28/2014Bink's Scottsdale is a terrific addition to the Kevin Binkley stable of restaurants. He always provides interesting menus with unusual combinations and fresh ingredientsSpecial Features:
- We loved it ! ! !2forDinnerDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed our meal, it was delicious. From the Appetizer to Dessert - it was all surprising and tasty. Innovative presentation and superb service. Very enjoyable evening. Thanks, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood restarauntSarnoldVIPDined on 9/26/2014was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon this resteraunt this weekend. Interesting menu choices that were all great tasting and really good drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rest week reviewmkyfinDined on 9/25/2014didn't feel the food was as good as other binks rest. would like to see more seafood. service was a bit rushed, not leisurely. wine was not served till after the first course when it was the first thing ordered.Special Features:
- Not impressedladieswholunchVIPDined on 9/25/2014My mom and I went there for dinner during restaurant week and we do not live very far away so we wanted to try it. The portions were way too big for all the food you had to order to be able to eat off the restaurant week menu and it was too salty. The food tasted as if it had been waiting out because by the time it got to our table it was not good. Never order the mousse it has no taste and has something chewy sprinkled on the top. My mom and I will never be back unless we hear a new chef is hired.Special Features:
- Great food in a quiet spotCorreaguestDined on 9/25/2014The food was very tastey! I had the fig salad and Moroccan chicken. Great flavors. I would have given the over all experience more stars if the dessert was as good as the appetizer/meal. The appetizer was some sort if buckwheat biscuit that was amazing. I should have just ordered another one of those for dessert. I thought I'd be daring and try the pear sorbet with candies bacon....not that good. Ill now just stick to bacon with real food. My friend got the bread cream and raspberries...not that good either -very bland. I should have tried the chocolate esspresso dessert. Next time! Great service by the way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOvergaardDined on 9/23/2014The food is great but both my husband and I found the decor a bit disturbing. One wall of the restuarant is decorated with large glass jars filled with vegetables in liquid. It looked far too much like hospital specimen jars to us. Made us feel like we were eating in a lab. The server brought our check at the same time as the dessert making us feel like we were being rushed to eat and leave. Not what we expected in a restuarant of this class.Special Features:
- BINKS!!!PhneeDined on 9/22/2014Loved Cafe Bink in Cave Creek, love it even more in Scottsdale because its closer! Everything was delicious and perfectly presented, the atmosphere is relaxed but chic. I'll be going back for wine and cheese.Special Features:
- We plan to visit again!foodfanDined on 9/21/2014The chance to visit Bink's Scottsdale during Restaurant Week was not to missed, and the restaurant certainly did not disappoint. We had a lovely time, great food and service, and plan to visit again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014Somewhat disappointed at the offerings for restaurant week
- Strip mall location just okLocalfoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014I've been to the other binks restaurants and loved them. I liked this one and would go back if invited but would not seek it out. The restaurant week menu was very small portions. My husband left hungry and with two drinks each our bill was $140. Not a great bargain for restaurant week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week visitnjfranVIPDined on 9/20/2014Three of us had the Restaurant week menu and the 4th had the hamburger. We all felt the restaurant week choices were odd but enjoyed the carpaccio appetizer, pork shoulder and white bean entree and the pear sorbet with bacon dessert. The hamburger was a disappointment being dry and flavorless. Having been there twice at lunch time, I expected more for a dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bink's Scottsdale is outstandingProfTimDined on 9/20/2014For me, Bink's Scottsdale is the best in town. The menu is imaginative yet beautifully executed. The best option is to order plates for the table to share. The "tasting" approach" is fun and the flavors re surprising. Barbecued octopus and Sand Dabs are my favorites but everything is outstanding.Special Features:
- Overratedjs524Dined on 9/20/2014The service was good, but a little slow. The food was just average. I expected more from this restaurant!
- restaurant week dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014i took my daughter, who is a new mother, here for a well earned short break. service is excellent. Love the beef carpaccio. Both shrimp pasta and pork shoulder were tasty. The pork is saltier than I am used to because I have cut down my salt consumption. I love dessert, pear sorbet with bacon and pralines. The flavors were very rich and complemented each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, deserved reputationAZFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014If this was baseball, our dinner would have been 3 home runs and 1 triple. The Aracini appetizer was better than I’ve had in any Phoenix Italian restaurant. My partner’s Carpaccio was simply perfect. She followed with the Shrimp and Pasta entrée which was equally delightful. I had the Moroccan Spiced Fried Chicken entrée, which, despite its name, I found to be on the bland side. Service was attentive without being intrusive. Very pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- Another hit for Binkley.FudLuvRVIPDined on 9/19/2014This is the fourth installment of a restaurant by Binkley (Yes, I visited all of them.) and it is a gem again. I found Bink's Scottsdale to be a delight. The restaurant was not too loud and the seating was comfortable enough; tables were not too crowded together and chairs were reasonable. Our service was impeccable and the food was delightful. We chose to try out the new one for restaurant week; the truffle arancini and Moroccan spiced fried chicken were outrageously good (I hope they appear on the regular menu some time); my dining companions seemed equally delighted with the fig salad, steak carpaccio, and pork shoulder. The beer/cider list had something everyone found acceptable as did the wine list. GO!Special Features:
- AZ Restaurant WeekSonnie512Dined on 9/19/2014This place was recommended to us while we we were vacationing in Scottsdale during restaurant week. We arrived for our reservation early and the place was badically empty and we were walked to a tiny table directly across from the swinging kitchen doors. I asked to go back to the central area to dine. The hostess had an attitude but sat us at a better location. Mind you I made the reservation a week ahead and during our dinner the restaurant remained half full. When we chose the special 3 course meal for the soecial price, our waiter took on an attitude. We felt rushed and our dinners were not all that great. I would not recommend.
- Great for a FoodieJeffDebVIPDined on 9/19/2014We went for AZ Restaruant Week and had a wonderful meal. All three courses showed imagination and the service was friendly and timely without being rushed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Just not good foodlittlemoeDined on 9/19/2014We tried the fig salad, carpaccio, moroccon chicken, pork shoulder, shrimp and pasta, pear sorbet with bacon and hazelnut mouse with chocolate. The figs were halved, should have been diced and integrated. the lettuce mix was from the grocery store, and the vinaigrette was way to acidic. the salad was not good. the carpaccio itself but good but it was hard to tell with the wasabi on it and an extremely acidic slaw. The mix of textures and bold flavors is a good idea, but this mix did not come together. The pork was slow roasted and flung on a bed of kidney beans. It really had no memorable flavor. The shrimp and pasta was another disappointment. The shrimp were small shrimp and the sauce was heavier than anticipated. Overall bad food
- Just okambyDined on 9/12/2014I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. The ambiance is kinda dated looking even tho it seems new. It was pretty empty but the service took awhile. Everyone enjoyed their food but it was overly salty.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. We ate too much. Our fault not yours.Special Features:
- Great food!ChrisDined on 9/7/2014We went for the Pig Head Party, and it was a blast! The food was awesome. The Paella, potato salad, and best of all, the pig head / skin / fat / delicious meat was GREAT. While our service was good, it took him forever to greet us. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to just go up for the buffet and drinks or what. Once he came, things went well. The deuce tables... sigh... a bit close, so conversation was hard. Next time I go in a party of 2, I'll try to just hit the bar area which looks good. However, overall it was a fun experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob1VIPDined on 8/30/2014Nothing special in terms of ambience and decor but outstanding and creative menu. We were a party of four with everyone having a different entrée and all were very good. I would highly recommend the Sand Dab main and the grilled octopus starter. Our service was a little slow but I would definitely go back for the food. If you like interesting food this is a place to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it usually is!daynaDined on 8/30/2014The portions were skimpy and it was really loud. This isn't characteristic of my previous visits. I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Binks does it againSoccerFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I've been to Binkleys and cafe Binks each several times over the years and always consider Binkleys one of the best restaurants in town. So, we went to Binks scottsdale with high hopes and they did not disappoint! The service was great and the food awesome! I love sweetbreads, and when I saw it on the menu, I knew that I would order them. I didn't want them fried, so they were happy to adjust and cook them specially for me. The octopus was great. Way better than the overrated octopus at virtu. They could not have been friendlier, even though we showed up just before closing time. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch better than dinnerHappyDinerDined on 8/29/2014Recently had lunch at Bink's and thoroughly enjoyed it and was most impressed with the quality of the food. Our dinner was not as good and we were disappointed. Our waiter was very attentive and made the evening very enjoyable even though our food was not up to par. Being Labor Day weekend, perhaps staff in the kitchen were away. I would try it again, but would order something different. The biscuits were delicious as was the sorbet.Special Features:
- Dining Excitement!bonilouDined on 8/29/2014Happy to have your restaurant in such a great location! It doesn't require a special occasion.............it can be everyday! Menu is unique, food very attractive and tasty served by lovely staff.... plus we enjoyed the table flowers, nice linens, and bright happy atmosphere. One day soon we predict that you will find a need to expand. Word travels fast in Scottsdale! Continued good luck!! We'll be back.................... P.S. On-line reservation system great!Special Features:
- Lunch at Bink's Scottsdalefathersday061514Dined on 8/27/2014Food and service were both outstanding. The food arrived quickly, and the French fries were incredible, and an extremely generous amount!Special Features:
- DisappointingDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good, however the service was in attentive and slow. Our waiter seemed to have forgotten about us and apologized several times but did not recover.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to this site. I will certainly dine there another time!Special Features:
- SteveVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I dine here often. It is high quality food in a lovely setting. Everything is very fresh and very tasty. It is the best restaurant in Hilton Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 92 reviews are from the Bink's Scottsdale reviews archive.