27984 Hwy 189
Lake Arrowhead, CA 92352Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lakearrowheadresort.com/
- Phone: 9093374189
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Sunday : 7:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Afternoon fare: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Merlot
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa offers 23,000 sq ft of professionally appointed indoor and breathtaking lakeside venues to ensure the success of any event. From weddings to a corporate meeting to a family reunion. We offer something for everyone.
- Private Party Contact: Shelley Berry 9093374189
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights "Live Music" we have selections of live acoustic, jazz, rock, blues and more beginning at 9pm until 12am in the BIN189 Lounge Special Events BIN 189 offers the following nightly specials Monday - Restaurant Industry Night - 50% off beer, wine by the glass and well drinks. Tuesday - Kids Eat Free with the purchase of an adult entree Wednesday - Wine Bottle Wednesday - 50% off any wine bottle Thursday - Retro Night - Live music, $5.00 Martinis and a tapas bar Friday & Saturday - Live Music from 9pm to 12am
A word from BIN189
Lake Arrowhead's newest fine dining destination for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Featuring distinctive California cuisine, a unique wine list including local favorites and selections from around the world, breathtaking lake views, and destination mountain décor, BIN189 is a destination unto itself. Our dedicated chef, meticulous servers, and the entire BIN189 staff have made a commitment to exceptionally high standards and hard work to provide guests with consistently excellent service and memorable experiences.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
BIN189 reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Location and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Outstanding location and views. Great food and service, menu is not too long, could use a little more variety. The steamed clams are great, New York steak cooked just the way I like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poorly ManagedHungryDinerDined on 6/21/2014Last year we had dinner here. After over an hour's wait, the meal was comped. A few days ago we ordered room service breakfast. Three orders, each was wrong. The next morning, we were told the wait for breakfast was 25 minutes, but when we were seated we saw that there were many empty tables. We sat for 10 minutes before being noticed, and an hour again after ordering. We cancelled and left, deciding to go somewhere else. As we were preparing to check out, they brought the breakfast to our room, again comped. This restaurant seems to be catering to large groups and gives lower priority to individual parties. After many visits over the years, we've given up on it and won't be back. The staff is nice, but the place is incompetently managed.
- Anniversary DinnerAmbianceDined on 6/21/2014We requested a window seat which gave us a wonderful view of the lake. Our dinner was satisfactory - the entree meat was overdone on both of our dinners, however, we did not complain. All in all, it was a nice celebration dinner. We may return.Special Features:
- The worst service on the mountain.TaylorDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and decided to go to BIN 189 for dinner, since it is usually considered the 'nicest' restaurant in Lake Arrowhead. We had an early reservation, and there were only two other tables occupied. After being seated, we sat for nearly ten minutes before our waiter appeared to ask if we would like a beverage. Another seven minutes for the drinks to appear. The food took half an hour to be served. The waiter came over to us and asked if we wanted anything 'boxed up' just when my husband and I happened to both put our forks down to take a drink of water... We told him that "no, we'd like to finish our dinner there." We hadn't even had it very long and were not eating slowly!
- Kool View,Great Food and ServicepsrickieDined on 6/7/2014Will be back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 215 reviews are from the BIN189 reviews archive.
- I want this place to be better!!BobbyVIPDined on 5/17/2014When visiting Lake Arrowhead you don't have many choices. I'm hopeing Marriott will get this place fixed quickly. It has so much potential!! The menu choices are good and the food is usually good. Service needs to get better and I'm so tired of them not having wine in stock. I've had to settle on my 3rd and even my 4th choice on many occasions. Come on Marriott, get involved (if you can)!!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Lunch for 20!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had such a wonderful Mother's Day Lunch! We were seated in a very special room with wine bottles displayed from floor to ceiling. It was nice, with 7 kids, we didn't have to worry about the noice they were making, because we had our own private room! Perfect setting and the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/3/2014We have been eating here for almost 9 yrs, and seen a great deal of changes. "A" for decor, "D" for food this time. The Spa Poached Eggs used to be pretty good, however someone had the brilliant idea to change the turkey patty sausage to chicken/apple links. Well, the links were super dry and tasteless. The spinach was real greasy (so much for "spa" type food). I'm certain that when they took the Spa Poached Eggs off the menu and received requests for it, they should not have changed it, that's why people kept asking for it!! Duh! They also got rid of the waffle, which was the only thing my husband would eat, and was not too bad. You can always count on the good service, however it's not enough for us to go back.Special Features:
- Hotel foodIdoLVIPDined on 4/6/2014My father always said: Don't eat at a hotel restaurant. And right he was! The food was mediocre and so was the service. However it is a beautiful spot with a view.Special Features:
- Disappointed.DinealotVIPDined on 2/16/2014Service was very friendly but very slow. Food was not served at proper temp. Luke warm/cool (supposed to be hot) soup that had the consistency of pudding. Meat overlooked yet served atop cold sides, again, which were to be warm. Salmon served over cold rice. And to top it off, noisy screaming kids running about - that might be ok in your house, but not in a nice restaurant. No plans to return.
- Decent food with terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/15/2014The food is actually ok. I had the spaghetti, which was great. The prosciutto app was really dry though (I could easily make that better myself) and the lava cake was burnt. One of the two breads they start you with was good. For the money, I'd expect much better service. The server brought out things both late and early, brought out wrong dishes without realizing, forgot steak knives and soup spoons, and admitted to not knowing their house wines. It felt a bit like watching high school students in their first serving jobs, but these were mature, supposedly professional servers. I'd suggest complaining early about service. The couple next to us asked "is service always this bad?" and got a bit more attention.
- Disappointed but no choicemegoooDined on 12/23/2013My family stays at Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa every Christmas and Bin189 is the on-site restaurant. There are really no other close choices for fine dining in this area and it's convenient to just walk downstairs. I feel like BIN189 takes advantage of this fact and doesn't really live up to the "fine dining" description. We had a reservation for four at 8:30. We weren't seated until 9:15. Our water and bread took another 15 minutes. Our food came out all mixed up. Kids' meals came after the grown ups' meals. And besides our server, most other staff were icy at best. I am considering changing our now 5 year tradition to another winter destination.
- Brilliant management--BooRadleyVIPDined on 12/7/2013--and unparallelled service. However, they put TOO MUCH PEPPER on everything! So be forewarned! Next time I'd just tell them "No pepper, please," but I WILL be back. Wonderful, wonderful service and management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One vegetarian and one gluten-freeAdeleDined on 9/27/2013One vegetarian and one gluten-free diner always presents a challenge. The varied menu and responsiveness of the staff allowed both of us to enjoy well-presented, well-prepared, and well-presented food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceBmir22Dined on 9/14/2013Right when we checked in the power went out. My reservation was at 7 i was told that my name was first on the list and i would be sat first when the power went back on. It was out for 45 minutes. When the lights came back on they said they weren't seating anyone because they couldn't start cooking for 30 minutes. At 8 they started seating people that had reservations for 8 pm before us so I went up to the hostess and they had crossed my name out. I explained I didn't know why my name was crossed out because we haven't been sat. Once we finally got sat and ordered our food they had keyed in the wrong meal for my dinner. Instead of getting a linguini I received spaghetti. Bad experience!
- Always a great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/7/2013Thanks for another great meal, service and great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor kitchen serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2013Several tables were complaining on the very slow service. The table next to us told us they waited 45 minutes for their lunch. We heard the waitress tell them that the kitchen had been slammed. She never told us anything about there being a long wait, or even refilled our water and soda glasses. Our salad and half of one sandwich took 35 minutes to get to us. I have lived in Lake Arrowhead for more than 40 years and this restaurant keeps going down hill.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2013This is a resort restaurant and mostly an excellent place to dine. Dinner and Lunch are very good. Menu is smaller than some restaurants but everything my husband and tried was excellent. Breakfast from the menu is fine but DO NOT try the weekend buffet - nothing in the chafing dishes was hot, belgium waffles are soggy and was the english muffin under the Eggs Benedict - not worth the $$! Service was very nice and we were always seated at nice tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bin 189OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013Lucia did an outstanding job and was very knowledgeable. Several things went wrong - out of the champagne we ordered, air conditioning failed, yet she continued to serve us with an upbeat attitude. We have already told several friends about our experience and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013The food was good but not great, two of the four meals were sent back, check had to be corrected twice, had to ask for things multiple times. For the price they changed, not a very good value. Our bill for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids) with tip was almost $250.
- A Great Getaway!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2013We spent 2 days at Arrowhead Resort and enjoyed our time. We enjoyed the spa, BIN 189, and the beautiful atmosphere. We will ask for a lake view next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnetcrazy4uDined on 8/2/2013My husband and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary there. The food is excellent. Or server was very nice and congradulated it'nus on our anniversary. The manager even bought us dessertSpecial Features:
- Bin189DrewDined on 7/27/2013Restaurant is located inside the Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa. My wife ordered the lamb on the recommendation of the waiter and she said is was incredible. I had the New York steak and it was just ok, seemed like it got charred on the grill and was a little overdone. Hate thinking I could have cooked a better steak myself at home when you order a steak (not inexpensive either) in a restaurant. When we got there, a bat was flying about the dining room. It was there for about 30 minutes and was a bit disconcerting -- many ducking diners, hands waving, and even one loud scream. Went so far as having a bus boy with a table cloth trying to capture the bat in mid air. Finally the bat flew out open doors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel DinningLucky1sDined on 7/22/2013Bin189 was a good choice for our first night at the Resort. The food was decent, prices were high, but expected since it is inside a resort. Service was good, waiter was friendly. They sat us near the window overlooking lake, so that was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2013Was up for a weekend, looked good on the reviews, etc. However, like the hotel, it is just not there yet. Even our waiter admitted it was a work in progress. Soup cold, pasta average, pork and vegetables pretty solid. If they stay committed it could work out okay but they have a ways to go. That being said, not a lot of fine dining on the hill- best places are Antlers Inn in Twin Peaks and Woody's is not bad for the money!
- I ordered the lamb provencalOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/11/2013I ordered the lamb provencal which was probably the best, most moist lamb I have ever had. Side dishes were uninspired. My husband's pork was dry, but pork is so lean these days, it is difficult to do properly. Service was attentive but not overbearing. Renovation very nice.Special Features:
- Special Food for a Special OccasionpolobearDined on 6/22/2013We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary and we highly recommend it. The food was very, very good and the presentation was outstanding! The menu included an excellent variety in all categories from appetizers to desserts. The portion sizes were very good so if you are a big eater you will be satisfied they are large if you like smaller portions but there excellent choices for those people as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat in peaceKomyDined on 6/16/2013My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner at Bin 189. The food was delicious, the ambiance was great, and the service was exceptional. I appreciate the quiet, relaxing vibe as compared to the other restaurants that pump pop music at full volume, making Bin 189 a much more sophisticated eating experience. Although my menu choice was not available that night, our server suggested some custom alternatives, which turned out to be very delicious. I also delivered my anniversary cake ahead of time to be served after our meal, which the kitchen happily catered for us as well as adding fruit decorations to our cake before serving. Bin 189 was the highlight of our stay at the Lake Arrowhead Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DixieDixieDined on 6/11/2013We celebrated my husbands birthday there. Had breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar menu one night. Food was very good. We had no complaints. The staff was very friendly and prosfessional. We would dine with you again, in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/8/2013We each had the chicken and mushroom soup, combined with half a sandwich. The soup was outstanding. The chicken salad sandwich was very good, and the pastrami sandwich was so dry and chewy that it was virtually inedible. My partner chose not to complain about the sandwich. Service started out well, and then slowed to a crawl. If the server had inquired about our sandwiches, I would have said something. We expected better.Special Features:
- Lake Arrowhead offers fewJhc3VIPDined on 5/19/2013Lake Arrowhead offers few dining alternatives, none excellent. This is the best of the lot.
- New menu and some new staff.lovetoeatDined on 3/23/2013New menu and some new staff. Veal was exceptional and creme brulee martini was divineSpecial Features:
- Lake Arrowhead gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013If you are into wine, your jaw will drop when entering the restaurant where hundreds of bottles are stacked up in elegant wine racks. The scenery, food, ambience, service, friendly host that comes around to each of the tables to check on things is just exceptional. The resort is beautiful as well and I definitely want to stay there sometime. What more could you possibly want?Special Features:
- One of the better restaurantsBobbyVIPDined on 2/16/2013One of the better restaurants on the hill. I have eaten here at least 10 times. Very plain and simple, but that is Arrowhead. My biggest complaint is they never have the wines they list. They stock up on the $30-$50 bottles but when you want a $100 bottle of Penner Ash, it is never there?? I've tried to order that bottle for over a year now. Or they list an 09 and bring an 11 to the table??Special Features:
- Our food was well-preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our food was well-prepared and attractively presented. The menu was high-end, but not exceptional. We dined there onValentine's Day, and it was busy, which is to be expected, but the wait staff seemed overwhelmed. Our food continued to be served to the table next to ours for the duration of the meal, even though our waiter was aware of the problem. The Maitre d was very accommodating, but did not offer any sort of compensation for the errors. Overall not terribly disappointing, but not nearly as good as when we dined there a few years ago. Have had better for the money.Special Features:
- Service was so slow, whileOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Service was so slow, while waiting for the main course, I seriously consider just asking for the check and leaving. When food did arrive, it was NOT hot, but luke warm.The facility was not busy, only 10% occupied when we were seated.
- Fantastic food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Fantastic food, service and atmosphere. More than met our expectations!Special Features:
- Butternut fish was reallyVisitwithgoodfriendsDined on 12/8/2012Butternut fish was really tasty, there was a spicy zing to the sauce that really made it. Loved the warm caste iron cookie w/ice cream (much like the pazookie at BJ's). The ambiance was warm and inviting and the service staff were helpful and attentive. It was a pleasure and a great evening.Special Features:
- Unfortuantely, a disappointmentRealtorOCDined on 11/3/2012Long wait even with reservations. Music way too loud! It took an hour after we sat down to get our food. Service was terrible-they were too busy for the number of servers. All five of us were unhappy with the meals we ordered. They need to revise their menu to cater to more of a general crowd. Too pricy for what they serve.Special Features:
- I had been waiting a yearOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2012I had been waiting a year to have their wonderful Papaya Chicken Salad (I have it every year) but was alittle disappointed in their honey mustard dressing (it was too thick to pour), so it kinda ruined the salad. :(Special Features: