Bin on the Lake
1200 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Bin on the Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://binonthelake.com/
- Phone: 4258035595x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday 5 PM - 9PM
Monday-Sunday 4 PM - 9PM
Happy Hour - Featuring Bar Bites, Wines, Signature Cocktails
Monday-Sunday 4 PM-6 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Dylan Giordan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bin on the Lake is a warm and welcoming restaurant and bar located on the shores of Lake Washington. With views of Lake Washington and the Olympic Mountains, Bin on the Lake offers Northwestern cuisine with Mediterranean influence in a lively, social atmosphere.
Our dining room is versatile and able to accommodate groups of varying sizes. The a la carte dinner menu is available for groups of up to 16 people. Prix Fixe menu packages are also available for groups of 16-30.
The semi-private dining space is divided into 3 sections. Rows of sheer curtains can be drawn to provide a more intimate dining space for groups.
Menu packets can be viewed at www.binonthelake.com/menus
- Private Party Contact: Claire Hansen 4257396372
- Entertainment: Our beautiful “semi-private event space” has a stunning view of Lake Washington. We offer custom prefix menu options for parties of 13-40 guests beautifully paired with wines.
A word from Bin on the Lake
Bin on the Lake’s cuisine highlights locally-sourced ingredients that capture the bright, seasonal tastes of the Northwest with a Mediterranean influence. Known for our exceptional wine list, we have over 40 wines by the glass in 1, 3, and 6 oz. pours in addition to unique signature cocktail offerings. Chef Dylan Giordan has developed “A study of…” program designed to explore each element of food. This inspired exploration program further enhances your culinary experience. Comfortably designed to offer exceptional water views from every angle and a coveted outdoor patio, bin on the lake serves approachable cuisine in a relaxed, yet stylish setting. Located at the heart of Carillon Point, our passion for serving good food and great wine is matched only by the view!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bin on the Lake - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Bin on the Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (46)great for outdoor dining (36)special occasion (29)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Better but not there yet!BomgostoDined on 10/14/2014Service was Excellent! Pleasant surprise from previous visit. Menu is limited but interesting and reasonably priced. Food still inconsistent, 2 very good, 1 OK, fourth would/should have been sent back (too embarrassed). Waitress should have noticed the untouched plate and inquired. Restaurant and view are great. Wine list is very good. BUT should have a few more choices on the less expensive side. Some people just want a glass(es) of wine without the need to impress. After spending WELL over $100. per person we were less than excited to return.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningthegogojVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had friends from out of town and went to Bin for their last evening here. Everything was delightful. They thanked us more than once for finding such a beautiful view and interesting, delicious food.Special Features:
- MemorableNWDinerDined on 10/7/2014Reserved a table for a 25th wedding anniversary on the day of. Also ordered flowers to be delivered and set up on the table before arriving. We arrived at the reservation time and got seated immediately. The flowers were all set at the window table and the server already had my dinner choices (tasting menu with wine parings) ready to start after a nice private moment. We were briefly visited by several of the staff, including the manager, throughout the night delivering different courses, changing wines, or checking on us. I honestly cannot think how it could have worked out better. The only negative I can think to include would be a group of noisy drinkers in the bar who thought being loud was being cool. It wasn't. Overall, A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awful timingFantasticDined on 10/3/2014I've been at bin on The Lake before and it was awesome. Food was excellent, view fantastic, therefore we decided to return. When I made the reservation on OpenTable, it only gave an available time of 8:45 pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant, we realized they close at 9:00 pm. I was EXTREMELY disappointed. Yes, the food was great, the service was Ok, but the whole time I felt as if we were being rushed. The butter was rock solid, as if it was already put away and they have to take it out of the freezer just for us. I will go back, the food and the place are great. But very likely I will not make another reservation through OpenTable, unless you guys redefine how the system works so we don't get nasty surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Special Night"MitchDined on 9/27/2014Celebrating birthday and wedding anniversary for best friends. Table was in the back away from the best view. Other 4 toppers were "reserved", one w/o a reserved sign so no love getting a better table when asked. Room was blowing really cold air. Fixed after asking twice. One pork chop was raw, one was almost done correctly. Both sent back to the kitchen. Took 15 minutes to get the chops back while we watched our guests eat their dinner. Bread was never offered although bread plates were on the table. Disappointing evening. The free dessert from the restaurant for the celebration was appreciated but did not make up for the night.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant Beautiful FoodErikaDined on 9/23/2014Came in and decided to have dinner in the lounge. Very cozy, great views and warm ambiance. Started with the marinated olives and white truffle popcorn and some burrata cheese with heirloom tomatoes-yum! I had the scallop special that was going that night for my entree. Honestly the best scallops I've ever had! I try scallops everywhere I go- seriously done perfectly! The wine list is really incredible and the som recommended a perfect pair for my dinner! Definitely recommend checking this place out!Special Features:
- bin on the lakeVolterraDined on 9/21/2014I like the waitress who know the wine very well, I am a sommelier and I enjoyed her recommendation, food is fresh, simple yet creative, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Disappointed DiningPamelaDined on 8/24/2014When we arrived, we were shown to a table in the rear of the empty restaurant, with a limited view. We asked for a different table and were then taken to a 4 top next to the window. Then a very loud party of 8 was seated right next to us - their noise level so high we couldn't talk. The waiter was not friendly, but rather sullen and abrupt. When we asked about the salmon, he told us it was farm raised - price was $36! Right now is wild king salmon season in the Northwest - how could any fine restaurant be serving farm raised salmon? We chose something else and waited a very long time to be served. The food, when it arrived, was good. Chicken breast for my husband and flank steak for myself. We will not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- mridisappointedDined on 8/24/2014dinner menu was very limited for this level of restaurant and the food was not as good as expected----not worth the premium above the beach cafe
- Nice but dont write home about itSeattle206Dined on 8/22/2014Nice restaurant with a large wine selection but it is nothing too exciting. Great view but for the price I was hoping for more atmosphere and better food.Special Features:
- An Average RestaurantFrankVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were a table for four for dinner and several of us were disappointed with the meal. The food was average at above average prices. My chicken dinner was not moist and the accompanying "pudding" was bland. One diners Kobe steak was tough. The service and the environment was good, however there are better options for dinner in the Seattle area. I would not recommend the restaurant.
- Birthday dinnerKirklandcoupleDined on 8/19/2014Made a res for my wife's birthday. We had a great window table but food was aversge and our waiter didn't have his best performanceSpecial Features:
- Late night dinnerAloha9620VIPDined on 8/16/2014I took a couple of out of State friends to Bin on the Lake on Saturday night after a round of golf. We had a few cocktails, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Each of us tried something different, but I stayed with my usual steak, and a wonderful caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh and divine. The total experience was wonderful and my guests enjoyed the resturaunt. Thank you Bin on the Lake, we loved it.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and viewSAFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great place for wine and gnoshing on wonderful appetizers. Foie gras, charcuterie and Frenchy fries all fantastique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014They know how to cook fish, always perfectly prepared. Salads and sides make it all come together, we're always delighted.Special Features:
- Awesome view of Lake WashingtonMissi1962Dined on 8/5/2014This is the fine dining restaurant attached to the Watermark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington at Carillion Point. The only hotel situated literally right on the lake. Every table has an awesome view! Fine, upscale dining. Very quiet and mellow ambience. Food was good. Wait staff was competent, gracious. You never felt like you were being rushed through your meal. They assume you are settling in to see the awesome sunsets. Great if you are celebrating a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday (or in our case a girlfriend's annual getaway) where you want the celebration to be adult, small, intimate, quiet and tasteful.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!FoodieDined on 8/5/2014Great evening! Food, service, ambiance wonderful! My favorite place. Only downside was that for 3 sea scallops the market price was $39. Ouch! But they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but coukd improveAxelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I spent a beautiful evening on the patio celebrating our anniversary. It was a glorious,evening. The food was good. The daily tapas special was fabulous as well as the beet salad. i had the scallops which were good but way over priced @$39 for three scallops. They also overused pesto which was on the beet salad the scallops and my husbands steak. While it was a nice evening it was,a bit over priced for the food and I was disappointed that they didn't ack our anniversary which I had shared through Open Table. even a congratulations would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Average FoodSophisticatedDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014We ate on Bin on the Lake on a perfect weather evening -- blue sky, no wind, warm temperature. We sat outside on the deck which is highly recommended in the appropriate weather months. The view of Lake Washington are stunning and we saw the sun set while dining. The food is very average at best. We both had the king salmon and while it was fresh, it wasn't noteworthy. Also, the portions are very small for the price charged. Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant based on the wonderful view but not the food or service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014Good food with great service. Accommodated food restrictions and adjusted the chef's tasting menu appropriately.Special Features:
- dissapointed againEatoftenDined on 7/27/2014Not worth the time to write much. menu was not up to date with actual offerings or as described. Waiter tried to over sell at each order level. Special was Scallops, and were good, but the peave here was he did not disclose the price when describing. Assumed it would be inline with rest of the menu and was not $40 for 4 medium scallops. That is just rude. table service was sloppy and sporadic. I returned my skirt steak as it was the toughest piece of beef I've ever had. last time I'll go there ever again
- Summer VisitBrentKDined on 7/25/2014This was our 5th or 6th visit to Bin and they are still as good as the first time. The menus changes often, yet the food is always outstanding! We had clams as a starter and we scored a little extra saffron broth, so our waiter asked if we would like to have spoons for it. Good call on his part - the broth was wonderful, even soaked up with bread. The staff is on top of everything without being over-bearing or pretentious. The views of the lake are outstanding, especially if your are eating out on the patio. We will continue to go back and back.Special Features:
- Very disappointingDinersreviewDined on 7/25/2014We chose this for our guests who wanted seafood on the water. The online menu (same as posted outside the restaurant) had good choices. The menus that were brought to us had limited choices. The waitress explained it was the first day for the new menu and apparently the site & front of the restaurant had not been changed out. We waited a long time for our wine, then a longer time for the appetizers. After a longer while, we were brought a complimentary appetizer of their truffle popcorn because there had been a "communication error" and our entrees were delayed. The food that came was OK except for the steamed clams which had not been cleaned well enough and contained sand in each bite. Overall...very disappointing-will not go back.
- Beautiful view with mediocre foodHappy33Dined on 7/25/2014We went here to celebrate on a beautiful Seattle evening. The outdoor seating was amazing. Sadly our overall experience was not up to par with the price of the bill. My cocktail took a good twenty minutes to arrive. We were not in a hurry so no big deal. We followed with an app. And on to dinner. After taking recommendations from the server we got swordfish and steak. Both dishes were slightly undercooked and accompanied but slightly underwhelming sides. The steak's presentation was awful. We wanted to love this place but there was no attention to detail. No coffee was offered with dessert, butter that was served with bread was still frozen. Details that a fine dining establishment should address.Special Features:
- Good Food, fabulous sunsetWorldEaterVIPDined on 7/18/2014They were very busy, but the food was still excellent. The kids meal was prepared with the same care as the adult meals - with beautiful baby carrots to entice even the most vegetable-reluctant. But the sunset on the lake and perfect temperature made the whole event memorable. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Really enjoy this place!MommaDDined on 7/18/2014I go to 'bin' several times a year, usually in the summer months. I love this place for the view (outdoor dining too), great food and good service. This visit I ordered the salmon special. Salmon was good but had been pre-salted way too much. Overall the meal was good - but this was the first time I've been there when the food wasn't great. I will go back since all my other meals have been fabulous.Special Features:
- booshDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was very patient with our long dinner with friends we hadn't seen in years.Special Features:
- Bin on the LakeAloha9620VIPDined on 7/6/2014Just revisited an old haunt. Lovely day after a quiet weekend, my wife just had to have some lake views. Enjoyed a great perfectly prepared flank steak and some nice wine. This is the only resturaunt I know in Seattle, where you can just order a 6 oz glass of fine wine that would otherwise be $100/bottle. Had a nice Northstar Merlot..........exquisite. The marina view is outstanding, the service was excellent, what's not to like? You should give them a try if you haven't been there.Special Features:
- Food is OkBrianDined on 7/5/2014Having read about Woodmark Hotel rated as one of the better hotels in the NW...we decided to try out this restaurant since it was at the same spot. Although, the view was great...the food and the service was just average. The pricing for the food and service did not match the quality that we were expecting for a restaurant claiming to be on the higher end. Service was also mediocre. Typically, a higher-end romantic restaurant will talk about their food before they serve it, clean up your table prior to serving the next dish and be more attentive to your guests - this was not the case at Bin on the Lake. Speaking of the food, one can get better food somewhere else. I guess the best way to utilize this restaurant is happy hour or drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food! The kitchen knows how to prepare fish. We've been there twice for their halibut, perfectly cooked, served with creative and delicious sides.Special Features:
- Foods are so so.KuishinnbouDined on 6/26/2014Foods are so so., and little pricey. They needs improvement. But they have a wonderful view!!!Special Features:
- I loved the whole experience! !RachelDined on 6/22/2014Went there for my birthday and everything was so wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:
- The following 717 reviews are from the Bin on the Lake reviews archive.
- Disappointing mealYellowpurseVIPDined on 6/14/2014Pork chop was tasteless and the flatbread with pears was more like pizza dough with afew thinly sliced pears.Special Features:
- Not the samedinerDined on 6/11/2014I have been to Bin on the Lake two times and each time was wonderful. This time was different. The carrot Ginger soup looked and tasted like purred carrots, something like a baby would eat. My asparagus and pork belly risotto had NO flavor. I looked for salt and pepper on the table and there wasn't any and the waiter never came back after the meal was served to check on us. The flank steak was good and the pork chop with soft polenta was very good. The view is beautiful, but the inside feels more like a coffee shop that a romantic restaurant. The bar was very pretty.Special Features:
- good quality with brisk serviceray2qDined on 6/11/2014We had a four person dinner here and found the food to be good to great but not outstanding. Service is very attentive and quick to provide whatever you need. They don't coddle you, but are efficient. I'd recommend it for team dinners or a nice night out.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/11/2014Four of us were all so pleased with out dinners. We tried the halibut and steelhead and the kitchen cooked them perfectly--moist and flavorful. Presentation was creative and gorgeous. Sides were delish, can hardly wait to go back!Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great serviceMike98029VIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a table outside with a gorgeous view of the sunset on Lake Washington so any food would have been just fine. However, the service matched the view and the food was outstanding. The menu provides many options that would meet any dining parties demands. The wine list provided a wide range of options to accommodate every taste and budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendRoseDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant was very accommodating when we had to change to time. We were seated in a great patio location to enjoy the view. We shared oysters to start, followed by grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto, and scallops for our main course. All was delicious, especially the scallops, which were tender, served with a greens and a sweet sauce. The service was excellent, attentive while giving my dinner guest and I time for conversation. The view a Carillon Point is exceptional, especially on a bright summer evening. I would highly recommend Bin on the Lake to friends, family and business colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view; delicious food.Jelco49Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our wonderful dinner at Bin last weekend. The prices are very reasonable for both wine and food--especially considering the high quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of Lake WashingtonKatieDined on 5/30/2014We had a great time on our first visit on a spring Friday evening. The view of Lake Washington was as enjoyable as the food. Why only 3-stars, then? Service. Our waitress was extremely snooty with an "I-am-too-busy-for-you" attitude. Every time she talked to us, she always walked half a step past our table then turned back to talk to us. Never once did she stand right by our table. It's a shame, because everything else was wonderful and great at this restaurant.Special Features: