bin on the lake Wine Bar & Restaurant
1200 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
bin on the lake Wine Bar & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://binonthelake.com/
- Phone: 4258035595x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday 5 PM - 10PM
Monday-Sunday 4 PM - 10PM
Happy Hour - Featuring Bar Bites, Wines, Signature Cocktails
Monday-Sunday 4 PM-6 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Dylan Giordan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: bin on the lake is a warm and welcoming restaurant and bar located on the shores of Lake Washington. With views of Lake Washington and the Olympic Mountains, bin on the lake offers Northwestern cuisine with Mediterranean influence in a lively, social atmosphere.
Our dining room is versatile and able to accommodate groups of varying sizes. The a la carte dinner menu is available for groups of up to 16 people. Prix Fixe menu packages are also available for groups of 16-30.
The semi-private dining space is divided into 3 sections. Rows of sheer curtains can be drawn to provide a more intimate dining space for groups.
Menu packets can be viewed at www.binonthelake.com/menus
- Private Party Contact: Claire Hansen 425-739-6372x
- Entertainment: Our beautiful “semi-private event space” has a stunning view of Lake Washington. We offer custom prefix menu options for parties of 13-40 guests beautifully paired with wines.
A word from bin on the lake Wine Bar & Restaurant
bin on the lake’s cuisine highlights locally-sourced ingredients that capture the bright, seasonal tastes of the Northwest with a Mediterranean influence. Known for our exceptional wine list, we have over 40 wines by the glass in 1, 3, and 6 oz. pours in addition to unique signature cocktail offerings. Chef Dylan Giordan has developed “A study of…” program designed to explore each element of food. This inspired exploration program further enhances your culinary experience. Comfortably designed to offer exceptional water views from every angle and a coveted outdoor patio, bin on the lake serves approachable cuisine in a relaxed, yet stylish setting. Located at the heart of Carillon Point, our passion for serving good food and great wine is matched only by the view!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
bin on the lake Wine Bar & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
bin on the lake Wine Bar & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (79)romantic (55)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (52)notable wine list (42)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (25)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)Show More
- Late night dinnerAloha9620Dined on 8/16/2014I took a couple of out of State friends to Bin on the Lake on Saturday night after a round of golf. We had a few cocktails, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Each of us tried something different, but I stayed with my usual steak, and a wonderful caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh and divine. The total experience was wonderful and my guests enjoyed the resturaunt. Thank you Bin on the Lake, we loved it.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and viewSAFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great place for wine and gnoshing on wonderful appetizers. Foie gras, charcuterie and Frenchy fries all fantastique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014They know how to cook fish, always perfectly prepared. Salads and sides make it all come together, we're always delighted.Special Features:
- Awesome view of Lake WashingtonMissi1962Dined on 8/5/2014This is the fine dining restaurant attached to the Watermark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington at Carillion Point. The only hotel situated literally right on the lake. Every table has an awesome view! Fine, upscale dining. Very quiet and mellow ambience. Food was good. Wait staff was competent, gracious. You never felt like you were being rushed through your meal. They assume you are settling in to see the awesome sunsets. Great if you are celebrating a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday (or in our case a girlfriend's annual getaway) where you want the celebration to be adult, small, intimate, quiet and tasteful.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!FoodieDined on 8/5/2014Great evening! Food, service, ambiance wonderful! My favorite place. Only downside was that for 3 sea scallops the market price was $39. Ouch! But they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but coukd improveAxelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I spent a beautiful evening on the patio celebrating our anniversary. It was a glorious,evening. The food was good. The daily tapas special was fabulous as well as the beet salad. i had the scallops which were good but way over priced @$39 for three scallops. They also overused pesto which was on the beet salad the scallops and my husbands steak. While it was a nice evening it was,a bit over priced for the food and I was disappointed that they didn't ack our anniversary which I had shared through Open Table. even a congratulations would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Average FoodSophisticatedDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014We ate on Bin on the Lake on a perfect weather evening -- blue sky, no wind, warm temperature. We sat outside on the deck which is highly recommended in the appropriate weather months. The view of Lake Washington are stunning and we saw the sun set while dining. The food is very average at best. We both had the king salmon and while it was fresh, it wasn't noteworthy. Also, the portions are very small for the price charged. Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant based on the wonderful view but not the food or service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014Good food with great service. Accommodated food restrictions and adjusted the chef's tasting menu appropriately.Special Features:
- dissapointed againEatoftenDined on 7/27/2014Not worth the time to write much. menu was not up to date with actual offerings or as described. Waiter tried to over sell at each order level. Special was Scallops, and were good, but the peave here was he did not disclose the price when describing. Assumed it would be inline with rest of the menu and was not $40 for 4 medium scallops. That is just rude. table service was sloppy and sporadic. I returned my skirt steak as it was the toughest piece of beef I've ever had. last time I'll go there ever again
- Summer VisitBrentKDined on 7/25/2014This was our 5th or 6th visit to Bin and they are still as good as the first time. The menus changes often, yet the food is always outstanding! We had clams as a starter and we scored a little extra saffron broth, so our waiter asked if we would like to have spoons for it. Good call on his part - the broth was wonderful, even soaked up with bread. The staff is on top of everything without being over-bearing or pretentious. The views of the lake are outstanding, especially if your are eating out on the patio. We will continue to go back and back.Special Features:
- Very disappointingDinersreviewDined on 7/25/2014We chose this for our guests who wanted seafood on the water. The online menu (same as posted outside the restaurant) had good choices. The menus that were brought to us had limited choices. The waitress explained it was the first day for the new menu and apparently the site & front of the restaurant had not been changed out. We waited a long time for our wine, then a longer time for the appetizers. After a longer while, we were brought a complimentary appetizer of their truffle popcorn because there had been a "communication error" and our entrees were delayed. The food that came was OK except for the steamed clams which had not been cleaned well enough and contained sand in each bite. Overall...very disappointing-will not go back.
- Beautiful view with mediocre foodHappy33Dined on 7/25/2014We went here to celebrate on a beautiful Seattle evening. The outdoor seating was amazing. Sadly our overall experience was not up to par with the price of the bill. My cocktail took a good twenty minutes to arrive. We were not in a hurry so no big deal. We followed with an app. And on to dinner. After taking recommendations from the server we got swordfish and steak. Both dishes were slightly undercooked and accompanied but slightly underwhelming sides. The steak's presentation was awful. We wanted to love this place but there was no attention to detail. No coffee was offered with dessert, butter that was served with bread was still frozen. Details that a fine dining establishment should address.Special Features:
- Good Food, fabulous sunsetWorldEaterVIPDined on 7/18/2014They were very busy, but the food was still excellent. The kids meal was prepared with the same care as the adult meals - with beautiful baby carrots to entice even the most vegetable-reluctant. But the sunset on the lake and perfect temperature made the whole event memorable. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Really enjoy this place!MommaDDined on 7/18/2014I go to 'bin' several times a year, usually in the summer months. I love this place for the view (outdoor dining too), great food and good service. This visit I ordered the salmon special. Salmon was good but had been pre-salted way too much. Overall the meal was good - but this was the first time I've been there when the food wasn't great. I will go back since all my other meals have been fabulous.Special Features:
- booshDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was very patient with our long dinner with friends we hadn't seen in years.Special Features:
- Bin on the LakeAloha9620Dined on 7/6/2014Just revisited an old haunt. Lovely day after a quiet weekend, my wife just had to have some lake views. Enjoyed a great perfectly prepared flank steak and some nice wine. This is the only resturaunt I know in Seattle, where you can just order a 6 oz glass of fine wine that would otherwise be $100/bottle. Had a nice Northstar Merlot..........exquisite. The marina view is outstanding, the service was excellent, what's not to like? You should give them a try if you haven't been there.Special Features:
- Food is OkBrianDined on 7/5/2014Having read about Woodmark Hotel rated as one of the better hotels in the NW...we decided to try out this restaurant since it was at the same spot. Although, the view was great...the food and the service was just average. The pricing for the food and service did not match the quality that we were expecting for a restaurant claiming to be on the higher end. Service was also mediocre. Typically, a higher-end romantic restaurant will talk about their food before they serve it, clean up your table prior to serving the next dish and be more attentive to your guests - this was not the case at Bin on the Lake. Speaking of the food, one can get better food somewhere else. I guess the best way to utilize this restaurant is happy hour or drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food! The kitchen knows how to prepare fish. We've been there twice for their halibut, perfectly cooked, served with creative and delicious sides.Special Features:
- Foods are so so.KuishinnbouDined on 6/26/2014Foods are so so., and little pricey. They needs improvement. But they have a wonderful view!!!Special Features:
- I loved the whole experience! !RachelDined on 6/22/2014Went there for my birthday and everything was so wonderful. Thank you!Special Features:
- Disappointing mealYellowpurseVIPDined on 6/14/2014Pork chop was tasteless and the flatbread with pears was more like pizza dough with afew thinly sliced pears.Special Features:
- Not the samedinerDined on 6/11/2014I have been to Bin on the Lake two times and each time was wonderful. This time was different. The carrot Ginger soup looked and tasted like purred carrots, something like a baby would eat. My asparagus and pork belly risotto had NO flavor. I looked for salt and pepper on the table and there wasn't any and the waiter never came back after the meal was served to check on us. The flank steak was good and the pork chop with soft polenta was very good. The view is beautiful, but the inside feels more like a coffee shop that a romantic restaurant. The bar was very pretty.Special Features:
- good quality with brisk serviceray2qDined on 6/11/2014We had a four person dinner here and found the food to be good to great but not outstanding. Service is very attentive and quick to provide whatever you need. They don't coddle you, but are efficient. I'd recommend it for team dinners or a nice night out.Special Features:
- WowOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/11/2014Four of us were all so pleased with out dinners. We tried the halibut and steelhead and the kitchen cooked them perfectly--moist and flavorful. Presentation was creative and gorgeous. Sides were delish, can hardly wait to go back!Special Features:
- Beautiful view, great serviceMike98029VIPDined on 6/6/2014We had a table outside with a gorgeous view of the sunset on Lake Washington so any food would have been just fine. However, the service matched the view and the food was outstanding. The menu provides many options that would meet any dining parties demands. The wine list provided a wide range of options to accommodate every taste and budget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a friendRoseDined on 6/4/2014The restaurant was very accommodating when we had to change to time. We were seated in a great patio location to enjoy the view. We shared oysters to start, followed by grilled asparagus wrapped with prosciutto, and scallops for our main course. All was delicious, especially the scallops, which were tender, served with a greens and a sweet sauce. The service was excellent, attentive while giving my dinner guest and I time for conversation. The view a Carillon Point is exceptional, especially on a bright summer evening. I would highly recommend Bin on the Lake to friends, family and business colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous view; delicious food.Jelco49Dined on 5/31/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our wonderful dinner at Bin last weekend. The prices are very reasonable for both wine and food--especially considering the high quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of Lake WashingtonKatieDined on 5/30/2014We had a great time on our first visit on a spring Friday evening. The view of Lake Washington was as enjoyable as the food. Why only 3-stars, then? Service. Our waitress was extremely snooty with an "I-am-too-busy-for-you" attitude. Every time she talked to us, she always walked half a step past our table then turned back to talk to us. Never once did she stand right by our table. It's a shame, because everything else was wonderful and great at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Eating on the LakeKahunaDined on 5/28/2014The bin is a great place to celebrate an anniversary or other special occasion. The view of Lake Washington is unsurpassed. The food is great and the wine list is extensive. The service is also great. We will definitely return to this fine restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was amazing but.....FooddivaDined on 5/24/2014Outside seating amazing. Food amazing. Friendly server. The timing of the dinner was an issue for me. Hadn't finished my salad when steak dinner arrived. Was nearly done with my dinner when my wine arrived. The waiter should have checked on me before meal came out to see if I needed a beverage for dinner. Also I would have liked more time between meals. For a $200 dinner I would expected better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We've Bin thereKarlaDined on 5/24/2014Not our first time to dine with Bin. The amazing view of the lake, specially during summer is beautiful plus Bin's awesome menu makes dining there unforgettable. My family love the Kobe top sirloin, the seared scallops, the long valley flank steak and surprisingly we were wowed by their loaded French Fries. FYI not your ordinary French Fries.. another reason for a visit soon. Bin has great wine list that really complements their menu. I ordered the seared scallops (I always do) and the wine director paired my food with a good Riesling and it was wonderful. Complements to the wine director.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waterfront view and a great mealguitarmomDined on 5/22/2014We love dining outside, watching the boats around the marina, while enjoying a unique and tasty meal and great meal. Prices are on the high side, with most wines in the $100 range, but there were some for $30. Its not a great place for a screaming kid, but you do have easy access to the pier and paths and places for them to run off energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the view, food and serviceLynnVVIPDined on 5/22/2014Truly enjoy this great restaurant. Obviously the views cannot be beat. 84 wines by the glass - AMAZING!!! It's fun to try new wines without having to buy a whole bottle. Great menu that changes seasonally and features local produce and creative compositions.Special Features:
- Wine and food.RogerDined on 5/20/2014The wine was very expensive but salad and food was excellent. We ate outside. Umbrella's need to be adjustable as sun moves down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fantastic!food4thesoulDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I have been coming to this place since it was Yarrow Bay Grill. We've always loved the atmosphere and view. After the change to bin on the Lake several years ago, it has maintained and even upgraded the experience!! It is a level of food, service, and atmosphere that should be enjoyed often. Our server Nathan was wonderful, and made some fine recommendations on wines to complement our meal. I would ALWAYS recommend this place to anyone looking for a special night out!Special Features:
- Great Spot With A ViewKahunaDined on 5/19/2014The food and service were top notch and the view of Lake Washington is fantastic. The wine list is extensive; but, overpriced.Special Features:
- Great view!foodjunkieDined on 5/17/2014The good was very good and the wine was excellent. We enjoyed the view and the service was better than we expected. We had seen some negative comments on service and were happy not to encounter any issues. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2014The food was excellent but on the expensive side. Same holds true for the wine at $12.00 per glass. View of Lake Washington and sunset was wonderful as we expected. I don't think we will go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Only ok Mother's Day brunchLocalDinerDined on 5/11/2014I was looking for a Mother's Day alternative to Anthony's boring brunch. Bin on the Lake has a great dining area, is quiet, and has a great view. The fruit plate was meager and flavorless and my smoked salmon scramble was only ok. It was described as "a play on bagels and lox." The salmon was gently smoked and the eggs were cooked well, but it was a bland plate overall. While the service was great, the food wasn't anything special. The fruit plate really bothered me. I've had plenty of boring brunches at nice restaurants, so I can forgive a lot. Not a plate that I paid for and tasted like nothing. Maybe the quality slips during "brunch holidays" and their regular menu is better. I probably won't be back to find out.Special Features:
- SeatingChopped123Dined on 5/10/2014We have been here two times now. On Saturday, after making a dinner reservation 5 weeks ago for a nice window table, we were put in the back of the dining room once again. There were 3 nice booths right by the window with "Reserved" signs. When I asked the waitress who those were for, her reply was "for VIP's"!!! I thought, who am I, chopped liver. That turned me off completely. The entire time we were there, 1 of out 3 booths were still empty and we could have been seated there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.