Bin on the Lake
1200 Carillon Point
Kirkland, WA 98033Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Bin on the Lake
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://binonthelake.com/
- Phone: (425) 803-5595
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Sunday 5 PM - 9PM
Monday-Sunday 4 PM - 9PM
Happy Hour - Featuring Bar Bites, Wines, Signature Cocktails
Monday-Sunday 4 PM-6 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt Steffen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bin on the Lake is a warm and welcoming restaurant and bar located on the shores of Lake Washington. With views of Lake Washington and the Olympic Mountains, Bin on the Lake offers Northwestern cuisine with Mediterranean influence in a lively, social atmosphere.
Our dining room is versatile and able to accommodate groups of varying sizes. The a la carte dinner menu is available for groups of up to 16 people. Prix Fixe menu packages are also available for groups of 16-30.
The semi-private dining space is divided into 3 sections. Rows of sheer curtains can be drawn to provide a more intimate dining space for groups.
Menu packets can be viewed at www.binonthelake.com/menus
- Private Party Contact: Todd Leggett 4257396372x
- Entertainment: Our beautiful “semi-private event space” has a stunning view of Lake Washington. We offer custom prefix menu options for parties of 13-40 guests beautifully paired with wines.
A word from Bin on the Lake
Bin on the Lake’s cuisine highlights locally-sourced ingredients that capture the bright, seasonal tastes of the Northwest with a Mediterranean influence. Known for our exceptional wine list, we have over 40 wines by the glass in 1, 3, and 6 oz. pours in addition to unique signature cocktail offerings. Chef Dylan Giordan has developed “A study of…” program designed to explore each element of food. This inspired exploration program further enhances your culinary experience. Comfortably designed to offer exceptional water views from every angle and a coveted outdoor patio, bin on the lake serves approachable cuisine in a relaxed, yet stylish setting. Located at the heart of Carillon Point, our passion for serving good food and great wine is matched only by the view!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bin on the Lake - Best Restaurants in Kirkland ›
Bin on the Lake reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (50)special occasion (35)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (26)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversary dinner mustanniversarydiners11Dined on 11/8/2014We had a memorable anniversary dinner last weekend at The Bin. The wait staff was very knowledgeable and pleasant. The dinner was amazing! Highly recommend all elements of the dining experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/7/2014Skirt steak w fries was not good at all. It seemed totally different caliber than summer. Maybe chef change or decision on menu/food source changes made this dinner poor. Not coming back for dinner but will for drinks.Special Features:
- My "go to" restaurantmpro1Dined on 11/4/2014This has become my "go to" restaurant for business dinners. Just had a group of 6 here and everyone enjoyed the food and service. The menu is fairly limited, but still has a good selection and the quality it tops. Excellent wine list with servers who know the food/wine well and make great recommendations. Great view, good food, knowledgeable staff - what else can I say. Good place to go.Special Features:
- Love the food here!ericgabeVIPDined on 10/30/2014We had the Roasted half chicken and the Skirt Steal Frites. The food was great as well as the amazing wine. Sarah was our server. Friendly and knowledgeable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014Fantastic Trout dinner! Very nice wine list by the glass, but overly priced by about 20%.Special Features:
- Romantic and poshAlkibeachgirlVIPDined on 10/28/2014Notably scenic and excellent dining experience. I enjoyed the candlelight ambience and fine dining. Tapas trio changes nightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't miss a beatAndySDined on 10/27/2014Went to Bin on the Lake with a friend for Seattle Restaurant week and we both completely enjoyed the experience. I had the kale Caesar (a pun on hail Caesar?), grilled trout and the flourless chocolate cake. The trout had a crispy skin but was tender inside, and the lemongrass risotto and beans underneath were perfectly done. The Caesar and chocolate-lovers-only cake went down easily as well. The servers were professional and nice, and the view is not shabby. Very nice overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTbikVIPDined on 10/26/2014Overpriced mediocre food. Slow service. Nice setting.Special Features:
- Great for Date NighteatfoodDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I had dinner there on a Saturday night. I made last minuet reservations for 6:00, no problem. The food was very good. Our table had a great view of Lake Washington and the marina. We will be coming back.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceNar27Dined on 10/20/2014Service just couldn't have been better. Absolutely outstanding service and attention from each employee.Special Features:
- Better but not there yet!BomgostoDined on 10/14/2014Service was Excellent! Pleasant surprise from previous visit. Menu is limited but interesting and reasonably priced. Food still inconsistent, 2 very good, 1 OK, fourth would/should have been sent back (too embarrassed). Waitress should have noticed the untouched plate and inquired. Restaurant and view are great. Wine list is very good. BUT should have a few more choices on the less expensive side. Some people just want a glass(es) of wine without the need to impress. After spending WELL over $100. per person we were less than excited to return.Special Features:
- A perfect eveningthegogojVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had friends from out of town and went to Bin for their last evening here. Everything was delightful. They thanked us more than once for finding such a beautiful view and interesting, delicious food.Special Features:
- MemorableNWDinerDined on 10/7/2014Reserved a table for a 25th wedding anniversary on the day of. Also ordered flowers to be delivered and set up on the table before arriving. We arrived at the reservation time and got seated immediately. The flowers were all set at the window table and the server already had my dinner choices (tasting menu with wine parings) ready to start after a nice private moment. We were briefly visited by several of the staff, including the manager, throughout the night delivering different courses, changing wines, or checking on us. I honestly cannot think how it could have worked out better. The only negative I can think to include would be a group of noisy drinkers in the bar who thought being loud was being cool. It wasn't. Overall, A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Awful timingFantasticDined on 10/3/2014I've been at bin on The Lake before and it was awesome. Food was excellent, view fantastic, therefore we decided to return. When I made the reservation on OpenTable, it only gave an available time of 8:45 pm. Upon arriving at the restaurant, we realized they close at 9:00 pm. I was EXTREMELY disappointed. Yes, the food was great, the service was Ok, but the whole time I felt as if we were being rushed. The butter was rock solid, as if it was already put away and they have to take it out of the freezer just for us. I will go back, the food and the place are great. But very likely I will not make another reservation through OpenTable, unless you guys redefine how the system works so we don't get nasty surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Special Night"MitchDined on 9/27/2014Celebrating birthday and wedding anniversary for best friends. Table was in the back away from the best view. Other 4 toppers were "reserved", one w/o a reserved sign so no love getting a better table when asked. Room was blowing really cold air. Fixed after asking twice. One pork chop was raw, one was almost done correctly. Both sent back to the kitchen. Took 15 minutes to get the chops back while we watched our guests eat their dinner. Bread was never offered although bread plates were on the table. Disappointing evening. The free dessert from the restaurant for the celebration was appreciated but did not make up for the night.Special Features:
- Beautiful Restaurant Beautiful FoodErikaVIPDined on 9/23/2014Came in and decided to have dinner in the lounge. Very cozy, great views and warm ambiance. Started with the marinated olives and white truffle popcorn and some burrata cheese with heirloom tomatoes-yum! I had the scallop special that was going that night for my entree. Honestly the best scallops I've ever had! I try scallops everywhere I go- seriously done perfectly! The wine list is really incredible and the som recommended a perfect pair for my dinner! Definitely recommend checking this place out!Special Features:
- bin on the lakeVolterraVIPDined on 9/21/2014I like the waitress who know the wine very well, I am a sommelier and I enjoyed her recommendation, food is fresh, simple yet creative, highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- Disappointed DiningPamelaDined on 8/24/2014When we arrived, we were shown to a table in the rear of the empty restaurant, with a limited view. We asked for a different table and were then taken to a 4 top next to the window. Then a very loud party of 8 was seated right next to us - their noise level so high we couldn't talk. The waiter was not friendly, but rather sullen and abrupt. When we asked about the salmon, he told us it was farm raised - price was $36! Right now is wild king salmon season in the Northwest - how could any fine restaurant be serving farm raised salmon? We chose something else and waited a very long time to be served. The food, when it arrived, was good. Chicken breast for my husband and flank steak for myself. We will not return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- mridisappointedDined on 8/24/2014dinner menu was very limited for this level of restaurant and the food was not as good as expected----not worth the premium above the beach cafe
- Nice but dont write home about itSeattle206Dined on 8/22/2014Nice restaurant with a large wine selection but it is nothing too exciting. Great view but for the price I was hoping for more atmosphere and better food.Special Features:
- An Average RestaurantFrankVIPDined on 8/20/2014We were a table for four for dinner and several of us were disappointed with the meal. The food was average at above average prices. My chicken dinner was not moist and the accompanying "pudding" was bland. One diners Kobe steak was tough. The service and the environment was good, however there are better options for dinner in the Seattle area. I would not recommend the restaurant.
- Birthday dinnerKirklandcoupleDined on 8/19/2014Made a res for my wife's birthday. We had a great window table but food was aversge and our waiter didn't have his best performanceSpecial Features:
- Late night dinnerAloha9620VIPDined on 8/16/2014I took a couple of out of State friends to Bin on the Lake on Saturday night after a round of golf. We had a few cocktails, and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. Each of us tried something different, but I stayed with my usual steak, and a wonderful caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh and divine. The total experience was wonderful and my guests enjoyed the resturaunt. Thank you Bin on the Lake, we loved it.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and viewSAFoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great place for wine and gnoshing on wonderful appetizers. Foie gras, charcuterie and Frenchy fries all fantastique!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014They know how to cook fish, always perfectly prepared. Salads and sides make it all come together, we're always delighted.Special Features:
- Awesome view of Lake WashingtonMissi1962Dined on 8/5/2014This is the fine dining restaurant attached to the Watermark Hotel in Kirkland, Washington at Carillion Point. The only hotel situated literally right on the lake. Every table has an awesome view! Fine, upscale dining. Very quiet and mellow ambience. Food was good. Wait staff was competent, gracious. You never felt like you were being rushed through your meal. They assume you are settling in to see the awesome sunsets. Great if you are celebrating a special occasion such as an anniversary or birthday (or in our case a girlfriend's annual getaway) where you want the celebration to be adult, small, intimate, quiet and tasteful.Special Features:
- Wonderful time!FoodieDined on 8/5/2014Great evening! Food, service, ambiance wonderful! My favorite place. Only downside was that for 3 sea scallops the market price was $39. Ouch! But they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice but coukd improveAxelDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I spent a beautiful evening on the patio celebrating our anniversary. It was a glorious,evening. The food was good. The daily tapas special was fabulous as well as the beet salad. i had the scallops which were good but way over priced @$39 for three scallops. They also overused pesto which was on the beet salad the scallops and my husbands steak. While it was a nice evening it was,a bit over priced for the food and I was disappointed that they didn't ack our anniversary which I had shared through Open Table. even a congratulations would have been nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Average FoodSophisticatedDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014We ate on Bin on the Lake on a perfect weather evening -- blue sky, no wind, warm temperature. We sat outside on the deck which is highly recommended in the appropriate weather months. The view of Lake Washington are stunning and we saw the sun set while dining. The food is very average at best. We both had the king salmon and while it was fresh, it wasn't noteworthy. Also, the portions are very small for the price charged. Overall, I'd recommend this restaurant based on the wonderful view but not the food or service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014Good food with great service. Accommodated food restrictions and adjusted the chef's tasting menu appropriately.Special Features:
- dissapointed againEatoftenDined on 7/27/2014Not worth the time to write much. menu was not up to date with actual offerings or as described. Waiter tried to over sell at each order level. Special was Scallops, and were good, but the peave here was he did not disclose the price when describing. Assumed it would be inline with rest of the menu and was not $40 for 4 medium scallops. That is just rude. table service was sloppy and sporadic. I returned my skirt steak as it was the toughest piece of beef I've ever had. last time I'll go there ever again
- Summer VisitBrentKDined on 7/25/2014This was our 5th or 6th visit to Bin and they are still as good as the first time. The menus changes often, yet the food is always outstanding! We had clams as a starter and we scored a little extra saffron broth, so our waiter asked if we would like to have spoons for it. Good call on his part - the broth was wonderful, even soaked up with bread. The staff is on top of everything without being over-bearing or pretentious. The views of the lake are outstanding, especially if your are eating out on the patio. We will continue to go back and back.Special Features:
- Very disappointingDinersreviewDined on 7/25/2014We chose this for our guests who wanted seafood on the water. The online menu (same as posted outside the restaurant) had good choices. The menus that were brought to us had limited choices. The waitress explained it was the first day for the new menu and apparently the site & front of the restaurant had not been changed out. We waited a long time for our wine, then a longer time for the appetizers. After a longer while, we were brought a complimentary appetizer of their truffle popcorn because there had been a "communication error" and our entrees were delayed. The food that came was OK except for the steamed clams which had not been cleaned well enough and contained sand in each bite. Overall...very disappointing-will not go back.
- Beautiful view with mediocre foodHappy33Dined on 7/25/2014We went here to celebrate on a beautiful Seattle evening. The outdoor seating was amazing. Sadly our overall experience was not up to par with the price of the bill. My cocktail took a good twenty minutes to arrive. We were not in a hurry so no big deal. We followed with an app. And on to dinner. After taking recommendations from the server we got swordfish and steak. Both dishes were slightly undercooked and accompanied but slightly underwhelming sides. The steak's presentation was awful. We wanted to love this place but there was no attention to detail. No coffee was offered with dessert, butter that was served with bread was still frozen. Details that a fine dining establishment should address.Special Features:
- The following 725 reviews are from the Bin on the Lake reviews archive.
- Good Food, fabulous sunsetWorldEaterVIPDined on 7/18/2014They were very busy, but the food was still excellent. The kids meal was prepared with the same care as the adult meals - with beautiful baby carrots to entice even the most vegetable-reluctant. But the sunset on the lake and perfect temperature made the whole event memorable. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:
- Really enjoy this place!MommaDDined on 7/18/2014I go to 'bin' several times a year, usually in the summer months. I love this place for the view (outdoor dining too), great food and good service. This visit I ordered the salmon special. Salmon was good but had been pre-salted way too much. Overall the meal was good - but this was the first time I've been there when the food wasn't great. I will go back since all my other meals have been fabulous.Special Features:
- booshDined on 7/11/2014The food was excellent and the waitress was very patient with our long dinner with friends we hadn't seen in years.Special Features:
- Bin on the LakeAloha9620VIPDined on 7/6/2014Just revisited an old haunt. Lovely day after a quiet weekend, my wife just had to have some lake views. Enjoyed a great perfectly prepared flank steak and some nice wine. This is the only resturaunt I know in Seattle, where you can just order a 6 oz glass of fine wine that would otherwise be $100/bottle. Had a nice Northstar Merlot..........exquisite. The marina view is outstanding, the service was excellent, what's not to like? You should give them a try if you haven't been there.Special Features:
- Food is OkBrianDined on 7/5/2014Having read about Woodmark Hotel rated as one of the better hotels in the NW...we decided to try out this restaurant since it was at the same spot. Although, the view was great...the food and the service was just average. The pricing for the food and service did not match the quality that we were expecting for a restaurant claiming to be on the higher end. Service was also mediocre. Typically, a higher-end romantic restaurant will talk about their food before they serve it, clean up your table prior to serving the next dish and be more attentive to your guests - this was not the case at Bin on the Lake. Speaking of the food, one can get better food somewhere else. I guess the best way to utilize this restaurant is happy hour or drinks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great food! The kitchen knows how to prepare fish. We've been there twice for their halibut, perfectly cooked, served with creative and delicious sides.Special Features: