Bin No. 18
1800 Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
Bin No. 18
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bin18miami.com/
- Phone: 7862357575
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary European, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Alfredo Patino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have vast experience in providing a different approach to anyone’s catering needs. We have the ability to cater to anyone's desire in a carefree environment.
- Private Party Facilities: The entire restaurant its perfect for parties of 30 and up. Restaurant rental fees apply. Rental fees are depending on date and day of the week. Usually ranging from $500-$2000
- Private Party Contact: Alfredo Patino 7863568710
- Cross Street: 18th & 19th
- Public Transit: We are walking distance from the Omni station of the Metromover. 4 blocks North of the Performing Arts center also know as the Artsh Center for the Performing arts.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: private lot on mason and taylor (10 dollars fee)
A word from Bin No. 18
Chef-Owner Alfredo Patino celebrates fresh local market approach with his "Roadside European Cuisine". In a cosmopolitan, industrious setting in Miami’s neighboring art district, bin no. 18 is a popular stop for pre- and post- Art Center shows and gallery walks. With its contemporary interpretation of casual meets chic, the European bistro explores a spectrum of artisan dishes composed with a purpose. Driven to present a true taste of the Riviera urban cuisine, Chef's weekend menus experiment with seasonal flavors to bring out the ones that tantalize us the most. The well-designed beer and wine bins boast a variety of juice that is top-ranked in quality and value. Hanging Chandeliers, concrete slabs over wine barrels serve as communal tables' ideal for sharing the cheese and charcuterie menus. We welcome you to sense a unique culinary art scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bin No. 18 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best choice close to Arsht CenterBin18VIPDined on 5/31/2014Delicious food prepared with care, good wine list, pleasant wait staff (especially the waitress with the great French accent), all within 5 blocks of the Arsht Center. Parking available on the street.Special Features:
- Another WinnerBrowardgirlDined on 5/27/2014This was our second time at Bin No. 18. Both my guest and I were not drinking, so it seems unusual to go to a "wine bar". However, the food was so good we didn't even miss the wine! The artichoke carpaccio appetizer was excellent! The boneless chicken and salmon entrees were outstanding and our server was attentive and friendly (I think she was French). The location is perfect for a pre-show meal before the Arsht Center. Thanks Bin No. 18...we'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True neighborhood gembbmiamiVIPDined on 5/14/2014To get similarly tasty food and nice ambiance in Miami, you would expect to have to go to Brickell, Coral Gables or SoBe...and even there you might not find such friendly service. Bin 18 has it all, and delivers it consistently for a good price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to eatBeckerVIPDined on 4/17/2014I really miss Bin 18 ...I lived in Miami for two years and used to go all the time now that I moved away I miss the food , wine and the great beer list Need to get back more oftenSpecial Features:
- Consistently very good!!shwallDined on 3/9/2014Went with friends in November and loved everything we had...the pate was delicious, meatballs were memorable and had a great bottle of wine that our host chose. Recently returned when we were in Miami and had the pate - as good as we remembered, pork belly - rich but yummy, also had the meatballs again because they were so good. Will certainly return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed another great mealMichaelDined on 3/8/2014We enjoyed another great meal at Bin No. 18, this time before an evening play.
- Been Three Times - Always ExcellentgatorgabDined on 3/7/2014This was my third visit to Bin 18 and this time I ordered the pre-threater Prix Fix dinner. There were three choices for appetizer and entry, and 2 dessert choices, plus a glass of wine for $35 - an incredible bargain in this town. It was also the first Friday of Lent and I was happy to see that the selections were all meat free. I had the eggplant bruschetta for a starter and my partner had the artichoke carpaccio. Delicious and good portions. Entries were the ricotta ravioli and the salmon, respectively. The dishes were exquisitely seasoned and very flavorful. Dessert was chocolate mousse cake with homemade vanilla ice cream - FANTASTIC! Oh, and we made it out with plenty of time to make the theater. I don't think you can go wrong here.Special Features:
- Very small portions.One willRamboDined on 2/24/2014Very small portions.One will probably leave still hungry after eating, so plan accordingly. Pork Belly was very fatty, and I would not recommend ordering this item. Brie Fundido was extremely sweet due to large portion of honey in the brie which over rode rest of flavors completely. Not recommended item.
- Great find!diningsnobDined on 2/20/2014Although the restaurant was fairly small, and the acoustics was awful, it added to the ambience and experience. Our waitress tried to be attentive, but she had several tables, both indoors and outdoors, that she was responsible for. The food was amazing! I ordered the pork belly, which I highly recommend. We would definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been there twice andMichaelDined on 2/16/2014I've been there twice and just made plans to go back again!
- What Happened...?JSandCBBVIPDined on 2/16/2014We had a terrific dinner here two weeks ago, so decided to return with house guests for Sunday Brunch. Very few other patrons that day but we suffered an interminable wait for our entrees, which turned out to disappoint all around. We may chalk it up to a really "off day" in the kitchen. Don't know if we'll return, but the memory of our first meal tree still pleases. We're definitely on-the-fence and very perplexed.
- Very disappointing. We orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2014Very disappointing. We ordered Burrata Caprese with the ham on the side. It was served to us with the ham. We sent it back and it came back with the ham clearly partially picked out (hopefully not by hand but who knows). We sent it back again and were given a fresh order per our original order. One of our party received salmon that was partially cooked and partially raw. The waiters were very nice but, all in all, this was not a good experience and I definitely would not recommend it.
- Moving Up our List of "Favorites!"JSandCBBVIPDined on 2/1/2014Five of us dined together Saturday night. My wife and I made the selection, as we had a dim memory of dining there quickly one time last year before going to Wynwood Gallery Night. And the memory was of a terrific, terrific meal. Well, we were right! Bin #18 is absolutely that! Our recent dinner surpassed our memory -- a terrific special of sea scallops atop a delicately-flavored, ambrosiac risotto; the pasta Bolognese; their short ribs special; and even their signature, award-winning Cuban sandwich satisfied the most finicky diner in our party! When every plat was clean, we seriously though fleetingly thought of ordering another round of entrees from the menu! The true accolade? We're booking a party of nine to return there this weekend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseenjoygoodfoodVIPDined on 1/26/2014We thoroughly enjoyed dinner at this restaurant. We went on a Sunday night. It was packed to the gills including a painting class with only two wait staff, but I've never seen two people work so hard to keep everyone happy. We sat at the bar (a great place to sit) so we had a good look at how quickly they tried to serve everyone. The food was outstanding and wine selection very good with a wide range of prices. Every dish we had was delicious, clearly made to order and carefully prepared. Food was a bit slow coming out, but they clearly had more customers than they expected that evening. I'd definitely go there again and recommend it. There is parking in the back that we didn't know about, but we were able to park on a side street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always very good to excellent.FoodieVIPDined on 1/21/2014Food always very good to excellent. Only drawback is a static menu that has not really changed since they opened. When they have them, fish specials are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYELgegDined on 12/31/2013We visited Bin18 earlier in week and returned for excellent dinner specials on NYE. Selections were limited but all were delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, but slowJRMiamiDined on 12/14/2013We came to this restaurant, as it advertised a pre-theater offering. When we arrived, we learned that this offering no longer exists. We did notify them on arrival that we were attending theater nearby, so please serve timely. The food was tasty and the staff was pleasant. However, the appetizer took an unreasonably long time to arrive. The entrée timely followed. We nearly missed the theater. The manager came over and apologized for the service and tried to hurry the process. It was nice that the restaurant has a parking lot and you can leave your car there while attending the theater. Be advised that this parking lot is unmanned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for dinner before a showMariafromplantationVIPDined on 12/14/2013Went for dinner before a show and REALLY enjoyed the meal. They have free parking and you can walk to the Adrienne Arsht Center in less than ten minutes...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater choice!RiccaFabulousDined on 12/14/2013This is a great find for pre-Adrienne Arsht Center dining (we visited on the evening of Saturday, Dec. 14th). Everything we ordered off the menu was fantastic, and they have wonderful artisan cheese and wine selections. Ambience, as well as the service, is warm, charming and casual. We met an old friend there from NYC and it reminded us all of some of our favorite neighborhood places on 9th Ave. Prices are reasonable. Everything was made to order, yet didn't take a long time to arrive. I can personally recommend the octopus salad for an app, and either the scallop dish or artichoke-stuffed portobello for mains. We really, really liked this place and have been recommending it to friends ever since! We will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, especiallyarielDined on 12/5/2013Excellent food, especially the tablas and the splendid scallops. Great selection of wines. Very friendly and hospitable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic casual diningRBSCVIPDined on 11/15/2013We wished we had more room to eat the wonderful things that were put in front of us! The octopus salad was palate pleasing and the charcuterie fantastic! The scallops are clearly Bin 18's signature dish and are highly recommended. We will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Second AnniversaryAntonioVIPDined on 11/10/2013I took my Wife there for our Anniversary and we loved it the staff know their stuff. we also brought our own wine and had no need for it Bin No 18 have a great wine list so leave yours home lol We shall be back to that great place again.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Friendly StaffZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 10/12/2013We liked it so much the first time we went back. And will again... Tucked inside an office building with an outside eating area along side other not so impressive restaurants Bin #18 will surprise you. The they have a nice selection of meats, fish, pasta and veggies. Not a lot of seafood choices in the off season, but good choices. The wine list is impressive and has a nice range of pricing options. The staff are all super nice and very helpful while maintaining a 'professional distance'. Best part - a month later two strangers from out of town were not only welcomed back, but they even remembered where we sat and what we ordered! Nice touch.. Great spot for pre-theater / arts events, easy walking distance to the arts center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy meals here andFoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2013Always enjoy meals here and go back often. Only complaint is that the menu hasn't really changed since they opened, and they never seem to have a "catch of the day" which is listed on the menu. Would go even more often with some new menu offerings, but the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great concept, needs more focusSunilVIPDined on 9/28/2013Very interesting menu. Great variety with knowledgeable owner about cheeses and meats as well as the wines. Food is very good, service is almost certainly unintentionally 'absent-minded.' A little focus will go a long way!Special Features:
- We felt cheated-- stingy portionsSoFLFoodloverDined on 9/12/2013They produce decent food, but the portions are very small and there's no a/c. We ordered the Tabla with 5 items for $34. On the table arrived exactly 5 tiny slivers of the two cheeses, and 3-4 wafer-thin slices of the three different meats. The bread was delicious but very measured and for 3 persons, we had to order twice- with only 1 waiter for the entire restaurant, this involved a 15 min wait. Still hungry, we ordered two other items, the lamb/feta meatball that came as 3 or 6 meatballs. We ordered the larger order, and six pathetic little meatballs, a little larger than gumball-size arrived at our table. They were a joke. Wine pours were also "poor" and again long waits for refills. Stingy portions and no a/c cheat customers.Special Features:
- Bin # 18truscicaDined on 9/1/2013Place is small and intimate .Service is lovely. Food is fresh and prepared well, including the pasta.I had the artichoke appetizer which was great, followed by the octopus entree which was tender, flavorful and moist. Others had the pasta bolognese. My guest almost licked the bowl and my 3rd guest had the scallop special,which was delectable. We shared a creme brulee for desert that hit the spot. So yes, great neighborhood spot. Prices are moderate and fair.,which is nice for a change of pace.Good food & service that will not break the bank!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super nice staff and great food!ZephyrsHumanVIPDined on 9/1/2013I have to admit I was slightly underwhelmed when we walked in - I was expecting something more 'wine bar' for some odd reason, but was very nicely surprised, especially by the service and the food. Everyone we dealt with was super nice and the food was quite good. We shared a Carpaccio Breasola that went nicely with the Atmosphere Rose. I had the scallop special which was cooked perfectly and D had the Pulpo Plancha which was also perfect. These went very well with the bottle of Viognier. We wrapped up the evening with 2 glasses of port. Super casual, but super food and service. You MUST try Bin No. 18 when in Miami!Special Features:
- Terrific restaurant with brilliantFoodieVIPDined on 8/22/2013Terrific restaurant with brilliant chef- owner and very reasonably priced. Two problems- 1) the menu is small and static. This could be overcome with 2) regular specials. There are none. The catch of the day, which might be considered a special, more often than not is not on the menu. these are what keeps the restaurant from moving from very good to outstanding in our opinion.. Still, we like the place and will continue to return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/10/2013This is a must for anyone in the area. I'm a foodie...travel to all cities around the country for business and this restaurant is definitely in my top 3 of favorites. The cheese and meat combos are amazing and please please please try the pear pasta dish.Special Features:
- Go - even if you've "Bin" beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2013Really, really good, and we're going back. We (there were 4 of us) got there at 8PM and practically owned the place. By the time we left at 10, it was almost full. The service was great and the wine list was forgiving; $34 for a great Pinot... So nice we had 3 of 'em ...and they were all good. The Tapas/Small plate thing really suited our styles, and thats what we wnded up having. If you go, consider the Scottish Salmon Tartar, Eggplant Bruschetta, Octopus & Olives... they were all good - but the Warm Figs "Brule" was memorable. Our server did us a great favor by creating our own meat & cheese board with his favorites - and it was all good.Special Features:
- Pre or post theater findAnnaDined on 6/30/2013Food was very good and the waitress friendly and attentive. The place has an eclectic vive. we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent-interesting menu,courtboyVIPDined on 6/23/2013Excellent-interesting menu, especially the selections of cheese. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2013The appetizers where delicious and different. I loved the figs...The cheese and cold cut tablas are very good. The decor of the place makes it very welcoming and pleasant. The service was good considering we were a group of ten . Would recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/8/2013This unpretentious restaurant is a perfect example of someone who loves his job. Everything is very "heartfelt" and passionately served, the food is very nice, prices are comfortable and the whole feeling of the place is very nice. I certainly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem!Jigel001Dined on 6/7/2013The decor is nice, the staff is good and the food was tasty. If your in the area, this is a good place to have appetizer and drink wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bin 18 is a findMsGaryDined on 5/26/2013It is a small restaurant. They have regular tables, tables with low loung-style chairs, and high tables with bar stools. It is in a business area of Miami and maybe very full for lunch, but when my husband & I arrived, there were only 2 parties of four. By the time we left, the place was fuller. Our waiter was the only one, but he was pleasant and very efficient, so we did not feel like we had to wait too long for attention! The menu is limited, but creative & very good!Special Features:
- What a Surprise!BarbVIPDined on 5/25/2013Excellent neighborhood spot. Tapas were amazing; warm date salad - excellent great sweet and salty combination. For entree we had the scallops (great sauce and well cooked), Chicken very moist and tasty and the Food Network cuban sandwich was amazing-no words to describe you have to try it. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2013This is a good neighborhood spot. The food is always tasty but you can't be in a rush. They are not the quickest or fastest with their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomececiDined on 5/11/2013our dinning experience was phenomenally delicious. would ho again and again and again. rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.