1201 M Raleigh Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bin54restaurant.com/
- Phone: (919) 969-1155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Draper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private dining up to 22 as well as the wine cellar table, which seats up to 8.
- Private Party Contact: Branko Kidric 9199691155
A word from BIN 54
Using only the highest quality ingredients, Bin 54 elevates classic steakhouse dishes to a new level of refinement. Staged in a warm contemporary setting, diners are offered glimpses of the wood-fired grill, a canopied patio, and the temperature controlled wine room stocked with an extensive inventory of both eclectic and traditional selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BIN 54 - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
BIN 54 reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (57)fit for foodies (38)romantic (38)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (12)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- SoonerDined on 11/17/2014Steak was very good but served on a cold plate. Very expensive, $225.00 for two people,.
- OUTSTANDING!sobekakinDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service. Awesome presentation and quality!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HardcoretroubadourDined on 11/14/2014We were very late for our reservation but we were treated royally nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never, never fails....OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/14/2014We so look forward to every opportunity to go to BIN. It's not only the food, but the attentive, knowledgable staff that makes a "date night" a real treat. Not just a "steak house", some of the best seafood dishes around is served there. Put this on your "must do" list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Service for this Price RangeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/13/2014This restaurant was recommended as a great place for a business meal. I specifically requested a table that would accommodate a business conversation. When I arrived early, I was escorted to a booth where only two of the four people would be looking at each other (Disappointment #1). I requested a different table (a standard four top) and was told that the only available table was between the front door and the bar area. (Disappointment #2). While the food was good, the service was very disappointing for a restaurant in this price range. Based on the attention we received from the wait staff, we may as well been seated in the store next door. (Disappointment #3).
- HungrytravelerVIPDined on 11/12/2014Great food and great service. We will go again and recoimmend to othersI would recommend this to a friend.
- a high end valuereddevil1962Dined on 11/4/2014Very nice. all the selections were well presented. a little pricy on the apertizer end and cetainly on the sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but very noisyPDubDined on 10/23/2014We enjoyed the dinner, the food was very good, the steaks were excellent. However, as a couple this would not be our first choice as it was very loud and difficult to have a conversation across the table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's All That!Vegasjoe57VIPDined on 10/20/2014Where do you go for the best, consistent, service and excellent steak, beet salad, and roasted, sautéed brussell sprouts? Mashed potatoes? Great wine? Rhetorical questions! BIN 54Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful initial dining experienceFabulous1961Dined on 10/18/2014Jayne & I enjoyed dinner with my college buddy and poker partner & his wife. We have been best friends for 56-57 years. Jayne picked Bin 54 from several top recommendations in the Chapel Hill area and she was spot on! The steak was fabulous as was the service and entire experience. Server was Beth-Anne and the manager, Jared Blum, was very attentive. The food was delicious and the service excellent. Extremely alert and hovering but in no way intrusive. My friend, Phil, and I checked the wine list and it is extensive providing a fine selection. I brought a couple of bottles from my wine cellar for this special evening with friends. All in all I highly recommend this establishment for a special dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed my time at the restaurant I would go back to Bin 54Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MondoDined on 10/15/2014Food was superb, Perry provided excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingArmyguy258Dined on 10/10/2014Ive eaten at some pretty notable steakhouses this was one of the best ever. Rivaling those of nyc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedRireDined on 10/8/2014I had already read great reviews about Bin-54. I went there for a special occasion and they did not disappoint. The wait staff was very diligent and my waitress, Vickie, was very helpful in recommending menu items. My duck was delectable! No extra sauce needed. The cured bacon as an appetizer was such a good choice! My boyfriend had the steak and he almost took some to his friends to try it was so good! The creamed spinach was also very good and rich.Special Features:
- great evening to renew friendshipsCER1Dined on 10/6/2014We were dinning with friends who had moved out the country several years ago, so really wanted to be able to talk and enjoy a nice meal. Bin54 was all set for us when we arrived. Service was attentive and paced around our progress - which was not fast since we had so much to catch up on. Our server was great about watching out for us and giving us the time to talk before ordering. Pace of service of the food - which was delicious - was again matched to our conversation. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and never felt rushed. Our friends, who really were looking forward to a good steak could not have been more pleased. Felt like an elegant evening in an elegant environment with great food and service. Does't get any better than that!Special Features:
- Worth the money?goodfooddecentpriceDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was incredibly noisy. Our party of four was seated off the end of two related tables of 8 and 7. Given the booth setup of our table, and the other noise in the restaurant, it was very difficult for the men on either end to hear any conversation. It detracted from the accomplishment we were celebrating. The food was good, the wine list over priced. And though I appreciate a full water glass, I felt like every time I took a sip, someone was there to add more.Special Features:
- Perfection!JamesDined on 10/3/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary and it was outstanding! The atmosphere was energetic and the food was so delicious! Stand-out dishes of the evening were the bone-in ribeye, truffled mac and cheese and the banana pudding dessert! What made our night most memorable though was the service. The staff went out of their way to make our anniversary special, from the moment we walked in the door, to the moment we left. Our server, Bethanne was warm, approachable and knowledgable. The support staff were friendly and helpful. The manager was also on the floor the entire night working alongside the staff, bussing tables, filling waters, opening wine and visited our table several times throughout the night! Thanks Bin 54 for a wonderful night!Special Features:
- WORST SERVICE EVERinovashnDined on 9/27/2014I've had my fair share of poor waiters in life but this visit takes the cake and the whole bakery. reservations.....waited 15 after to sit was given 2 mins to pick a wine selection with a bunch to choose from....didn't pick fast enough and didn't see the waiter again for over 10 mins app took forever to come out....and wasn't even given bread although we asked for it water glasses ran dry for the most part wasn't asked how our $150 meal was the only thing speedy about this whole experience was when I asked for the check it was at the table in no time.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!FatdudeinskinnydudesbodyDined on 9/20/2014Bin 54 was recommended to me by a close friend. She said I would like it the restaurant, however she was wrong....I absolutely LOVED it! The Kansas Strip Steak & Filet Mignon were cooked perfectly & their take on Banana Pudding would make any southern grandmother proud. Awesome spot for date night and I'm looking forward to dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bill1Bill1Dined on 9/19/2014Top shelf, all around, service, food, ambiance. Perhaps a little noisy for restaurant of this caliber, but we were sitting near the open kitchen.Special Features:
- Great steaks, great wineKatBDined on 9/17/2014I met here with a work colleague who was staying at the Aloft across the street. It was sort of a last minute reservation, but they were able to accommodate us with no problems. I was delighted that equal care was presented in the sides (scalloped potatoes and haricots verts) as was on the steak (Hangar for me, Delmonico for her). We also ordered the bacon appetizer, and if it hadn't been for our wait staff to remind us, we would've glossed over the most important part of our starter - the apple butter garnish. Perry, our server, was charming, knowledgeable, and great fun. We ordered the Banana Pudding dessert on his recommendation, as well as two glasses of wine a piece. All in all, a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best SteaksImpressedDined on 9/12/2014The bone-in ribeye is one of the best steaks I've ever had, which says a lot growing up in the Midwest on a ranch.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDiningCelebrationDined on 8/29/2014Four of us celebrated my Wife,s birthday. The food and service were outstanding and we will seriously consider this restaurant for special occasions. For regular dining the restaurant is very pricey.Special Features:
- kickDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a perfect dinner here on a Saturday evening. The meal was coursed beautifully, and there was a perfect amount of food. We both ordered filets which we declared the best steaks we've ever had. The service was also outstanding- our waiter was attentive without being pushy, and had great recommendations. For reference, we ordered 2 steaks, 2 sides, 2 desserts, 1 appetizer and 1 drink, we spent around $150 before tip, but it was absolutely worth every penny. I would recommend requesting a booth if you are able. They seemed as if they would be slightly quieter than the tables in the middle of the restaurant, and were a little more tucked away. We can't wait for another special occasion to celebrate again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Services and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Overall, their service was good and the food was also good. I satisfied their services. It was a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at its BestpenguinprejudiceDined on 8/18/2014Bin 54 is certainly in my top 3 favorite restaurants in the triangle for special occasions. The appetizers always shine, and I can never seem to resist the Foie Gras Mousse which is truly a one-of-a-kind dish. The specialty cocktails list is always interesting, and offers a variety of craft cocktail choices that are also truly unique to BIN 54, not found on every list in town. The noise level was a little loud, but this is just a side effect of a restaurant that continues to grow in popularity, even on a Monday night. Our server, Beth Ann, took excellent care of us. Her personalized attention to detail and friendly interaction more than made up for the loud chatter around us. I am sure we will be requesting her as our server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening!CandidlyDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Bin 54 on the recommendation of a good friend. It's in a strip shopping area that you would not think would house a high end restaurant, but inside it is very nice and a romantic setting for a special occasion such as ours. Although it's billed as a "steak house" we had seafood and it was superb! The wait staff was attentive and friendly without going overboard - from the hostess to the waiter and servers. It's pricey but worth it. We will return and will also take our adult children for a special evening when they are both home.Special Features:
- Bin 54ChuckDined on 8/16/2014At the recommendation of friends, we tried Bin 54 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The outside of the building and the small strip mall it is located in are nothing special. That being said, the inside is very nice. Service was very good. We both ordered the filet (one small and one "large"). The beef was very flavorful and was done per our request (medium well). The basic charge covers only the meat & bread. All sides were an up-charge. The sides we ordered (one onion rings and one twice-baked potato) were very good. We had one cocktail each. The bill was $118.00 before tip. The real question is whether or not the meal justifies the cost when a similar meal at a restaurant such as Firebirds would be close to half the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!gotdogsVIPDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed another wonderful meal here. The mood was energetic for a Monday. The service stepped up. Loved it. We skipped our usual drink order and went straight to a red wine. We were helped into a delightful bottle and finished with dessert. The filet and NY strip were prepared perfectly and the attention to our table was excellent. We people watch :) and noticed the staff was having a night of "perfect timing". Look, we enjoy this place... it hasn't always been perfect. But, it's always close to perfection and after this night, it's clear they're still trying. Tonight was a perfect dining experience. Thanks for making it so when we only went looking for a great steak. We had the very best time, thanks to you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014absolutely phenomenal food and wine. great atmosphere, excellent staff. highly recommended! not cheap, but worth every penny. one of the best steaks i've ever eatenSpecial Features:
- Disappointing VisitEnjoysANightOutDined on 8/8/2014We dine at Bin 54 from time to time-sometimes for a fun (and delicious) burger night, and other times for a more special occasion with steaks and the like. Our most recent visit was a disappointing one. The service was the usual-good, but I was surprised by the food: my husband's burger was over-cooked which they did re-cook; of course, this left us to enjoy our meals separately while watching the other eat. Then, upon eating my last slider, I noticed a distinct burnt flavor-opened the bun to see the brioche completely blackened-I was just surprised that this would have even made it to my table. Seeing as it was my last slider, I just made do-I hope this is not a sign of the future at Bin 54-we would be sad to have to find a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detailncmathsadistDined on 8/6/2014Bin 54's service has a high level of polish. The waitstaff is very attentive. There is an excellent selection of wines by the bottle or by the glass. I had a rack of lamb special and my wife had strip steak. Both were cooked perfectly. We had scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach as sides. These were flavorful and sinful renditions of these nice dishes. Yes, it's expensive. But for a special occasion or just for a splurge, it's a very worthy trip for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPartyOf2Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant at the recommendation of several friends. While the food was absolutely fantastic, specifically the filets, the overall experience was less than stellar. I'm unsure if they were short staffed, but service was slow. Once our orders were placed, the food came quickly so the kitchen is not to blame. I believe that our server was spread too thin. For the price we paid, around $150 for two, the expectation is for attentive service. I would however return hoping that this was an isolated incident. The menu is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemrainyDined on 7/26/2014Service was impeccable, food was presented beautifully, and ambience was wonderful! A Gem of a restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. The cocktails were amazing!Special Features:
- two4teaDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time dining at Bin 54 and we were just as happy this time as the time before! Both times we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the restaurant knew this ahead of time. We were treated as VIPs from the beginning of the evening. We particularly appreciated the time between appetizers, salads, the meal and dessert --- since we wanted to enjoy every bite. In other words, we were not rushed and appreciated this. The manager came by several times to check on our experience and the wait-staff were great. We'll be dining with them again and asking friends to join us!Special Features:
- The following 523 reviews are from the BIN 54 reviews archive.
- Love this place!!!Anniversary3Dined on 7/22/2014My wife and I went here for our third wedding anniversary. It was absolutely incredible. We both ordered filet mignon, and let's just say the steaks were cooked perfectly! The foie gras was the best I've ever had. And they're version of Mac 'n Cheese is to die for. The manager assisted us with a wine selection, and we were happy he did. Everyone greeted us, and each time with new information that we'd shared with the previous person. It was simply a well executed and incredible dining experience. We will definitely return. Great food! Excellent service! Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Exactly what I expect from a fine dining steakhouse. The aged Delmonico was one of the best steaks I have had in my life! It took a couple of minutes for our server to greet us, but once she arrived, we were taken care of very attentively. We'll definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I imagined.SweetteaformeDined on 7/19/2014I will keep this review short. They brine pork in sweet tea, but do not offer it to drink. We are in NC, HELLO? Some people don't drink alcohol or soft drinks GASP! Food is good, but does not live up to the hype. Servers were gossiping as if on break by the tables. Tough rolls are served individually from a gigantic platter as a server walks around the table. I found that extremely pretentious and uncomfortable. The servers also hovered.Special Features:
- Favorite Local Restaurant2SpainsDined on 7/4/2014Bin 54 is one of our favorite restaurants and certainly our most favorite in the area. We drive 30 minutes to get there and go often. The staff is always amazing, friendly, helpful and fun. The food is consistently good and we have never had a bad meal. Sometimes, we go to the bar and have martinis and a burger which is just as fabulous as sitting in the dining room and having a filet or one of the creative specials. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine cellar privacy awesomeVegasjoe57VIPDined on 6/25/2014We were banished ot the wine cellar when another party who originally insisted to eat outside, decided the 90+ degree weather would wilt more than the salads...it was a great, quiet meeting of 6 business associates. Not even the NSA could snoop on us with all the wine hanging around us. Beef was awesome, with shallot sauce to accompany it, and then the beet salad was great, too. Apps were fine, especially the lobster gnocchi. Altogether a great evening!Special Features: