1201 M Raleigh Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27517Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bin54restaurant.com/
- Phone: 9199691155
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kevin Draper
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Private Party Facilities: They offer private dining up to 22 as well as the wine cellar table, which seats up to 8.
- Private Party Contact: Branko Kidric 9199691155
A word from BIN 54
Using only the highest quality ingredients, Bin 54 elevates classic steakhouse dishes to a new level of refinement. Staged in a warm contemporary setting, diners are offered glimpses of the wood-fired grill, a canopied patio, and the temperature controlled wine room stocked with an extensive inventory of both eclectic and traditional selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
BIN 54 - Best Restaurants in Chapel Hill ›
BIN 54 reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)romantic (51)notable wine list (50)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (10)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Four of us celebrated my Wife,s birthday. The food and service were outstanding and we will seriously consider this restaurant for special occasions. For regular dining the restaurant is very pricey.Special Features:
- kickDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I had a perfect dinner here on a Saturday evening. The meal was coursed beautifully, and there was a perfect amount of food. We both ordered filets which we declared the best steaks we've ever had. The service was also outstanding- our waiter was attentive without being pushy, and had great recommendations. For reference, we ordered 2 steaks, 2 sides, 2 desserts, 1 appetizer and 1 drink, we spent around $150 before tip, but it was absolutely worth every penny. I would recommend requesting a booth if you are able. They seemed as if they would be slightly quieter than the tables in the middle of the restaurant, and were a little more tucked away. We can't wait for another special occasion to celebrate again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Services and FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014Overall, their service was good and the food was also good. I satisfied their services. It was a good experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at its BestpenguinprejudiceDined on 8/18/2014Bin 54 is certainly in my top 3 favorite restaurants in the triangle for special occasions. The appetizers always shine, and I can never seem to resist the Foie Gras Mousse which is truly a one-of-a-kind dish. The specialty cocktails list is always interesting, and offers a variety of craft cocktail choices that are also truly unique to BIN 54, not found on every list in town. The noise level was a little loud, but this is just a side effect of a restaurant that continues to grow in popularity, even on a Monday night. Our server, Beth Ann, took excellent care of us. Her personalized attention to detail and friendly interaction more than made up for the loud chatter around us. I am sure we will be requesting her as our server next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening!CandidlyDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Bin 54 on the recommendation of a good friend. It's in a strip shopping area that you would not think would house a high end restaurant, but inside it is very nice and a romantic setting for a special occasion such as ours. Although it's billed as a "steak house" we had seafood and it was superb! The wait staff was attentive and friendly without going overboard - from the hostess to the waiter and servers. It's pricey but worth it. We will return and will also take our adult children for a special evening when they are both home.Special Features:
- Bin 54ChuckDined on 8/16/2014At the recommendation of friends, we tried Bin 54 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The outside of the building and the small strip mall it is located in are nothing special. That being said, the inside is very nice. Service was very good. We both ordered the filet (one small and one "large"). The beef was very flavorful and was done per our request (medium well). The basic charge covers only the meat & bread. All sides were an up-charge. The sides we ordered (one onion rings and one twice-baked potato) were very good. We had one cocktail each. The bill was $118.00 before tip. The real question is whether or not the meal justifies the cost when a similar meal at a restaurant such as Firebirds would be close to half the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!gotdogsVIPDined on 8/11/2014We enjoyed another wonderful meal here. The mood was energetic for a Monday. The service stepped up. Loved it. We skipped our usual drink order and went straight to a red wine. We were helped into a delightful bottle and finished with dessert. The filet and NY strip were prepared perfectly and the attention to our table was excellent. We people watch :) and noticed the staff was having a night of "perfect timing". Look, we enjoy this place... it hasn't always been perfect. But, it's always close to perfection and after this night, it's clear they're still trying. Tonight was a perfect dining experience. Thanks for making it so when we only went looking for a great steak. We had the very best time, thanks to you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- phenomenalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2014absolutely phenomenal food and wine. great atmosphere, excellent staff. highly recommended! not cheap, but worth every penny. one of the best steaks i've ever eatenSpecial Features:
- Disappointing VisitEnjoysANightOutDined on 8/8/2014We dine at Bin 54 from time to time-sometimes for a fun (and delicious) burger night, and other times for a more special occasion with steaks and the like. Our most recent visit was a disappointing one. The service was the usual-good, but I was surprised by the food: my husband's burger was over-cooked which they did re-cook; of course, this left us to enjoy our meals separately while watching the other eat. Then, upon eating my last slider, I noticed a distinct burnt flavor-opened the bun to see the brioche completely blackened-I was just surprised that this would have even made it to my table. Seeing as it was my last slider, I just made do-I hope this is not a sign of the future at Bin 54-we would be sad to have to find a new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great attention to detailncmathsadistDined on 8/6/2014Bin 54's service has a high level of polish. The waitstaff is very attentive. There is an excellent selection of wines by the bottle or by the glass. I had a rack of lamb special and my wife had strip steak. Both were cooked perfectly. We had scalloped potatoes and creamed spinach as sides. These were flavorful and sinful renditions of these nice dishes. Yes, it's expensive. But for a special occasion or just for a splurge, it's a very worthy trip for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerPartyOf2Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I chose this restaurant at the recommendation of several friends. While the food was absolutely fantastic, specifically the filets, the overall experience was less than stellar. I'm unsure if they were short staffed, but service was slow. Once our orders were placed, the food came quickly so the kitchen is not to blame. I believe that our server was spread too thin. For the price we paid, around $150 for two, the expectation is for attentive service. I would however return hoping that this was an isolated incident. The menu is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemrainyDined on 7/26/2014Service was impeccable, food was presented beautifully, and ambience was wonderful! A Gem of a restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. The cocktails were amazing!Special Features:
- two4teaDined on 7/25/2014This was our second time dining at Bin 54 and we were just as happy this time as the time before! Both times we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and the restaurant knew this ahead of time. We were treated as VIPs from the beginning of the evening. We particularly appreciated the time between appetizers, salads, the meal and dessert --- since we wanted to enjoy every bite. In other words, we were not rushed and appreciated this. The manager came by several times to check on our experience and the wait-staff were great. We'll be dining with them again and asking friends to join us!Special Features:
- Love this place!!!Anniversary3Dined on 7/22/2014My wife and I went here for our third wedding anniversary. It was absolutely incredible. We both ordered filet mignon, and let's just say the steaks were cooked perfectly! The foie gras was the best I've ever had. And they're version of Mac 'n Cheese is to die for. The manager assisted us with a wine selection, and we were happy he did. Everyone greeted us, and each time with new information that we'd shared with the previous person. It was simply a well executed and incredible dining experience. We will definitely return. Great food! Excellent service! Worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Exactly what I expect from a fine dining steakhouse. The aged Delmonico was one of the best steaks I have had in my life! It took a couple of minutes for our server to greet us, but once she arrived, we were taken care of very attentively. We'll definitely visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Local Restaurant2SpainsDined on 7/4/2014Bin 54 is one of our favorite restaurants and certainly our most favorite in the area. We drive 30 minutes to get there and go often. The staff is always amazing, friendly, helpful and fun. The food is consistently good and we have never had a bad meal. Sometimes, we go to the bar and have martinis and a burger which is just as fabulous as sitting in the dining room and having a filet or one of the creative specials. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine cellar privacy awesomeVegasjoe57VIPDined on 6/25/2014We were banished ot the wine cellar when another party who originally insisted to eat outside, decided the 90+ degree weather would wilt more than the salads...it was a great, quiet meeting of 6 business associates. Not even the NSA could snoop on us with all the wine hanging around us. Beef was awesome, with shallot sauce to accompany it, and then the beet salad was great, too. Apps were fine, especially the lobster gnocchi. Altogether a great evening!Special Features:
- great service, ok food.FeedMeDined on 6/14/2014Come for the steaks, the drinks and the service...have some sides and appetizers at home. Steaks were amazing, but the accompanying sides and appetizer we had were lacking...overcooked lobster, flavorless sauce and someone forgot the salt.Special Features:
- Excellent Steak HouseNandoDined on 6/7/2014This is a great alternative to all the other chain steak houses around town. Their meat is always expertly cooked to temperature and seasoned perfectly. I much prefer going to Bin 54 than anytime I'm in the mood for a good steak.Special Features:
- DeliciousBHRDDined on 6/7/2014Lovely dinner here at Bin 54. The food is high quality, prepared simply and perfectly, and the ambience is great. If you want a steak in Chapel Hill, this is definitely the place to go. I did not find the menu (food or cocktails) to be particularly creative or inventive, but that's not what they're going for here. I found the wine list long and comprehensive, and skewing towards a higher "special occasion" price point for me. We probably won't return very frequently because of the price and because steak isn't typically what we crave, but would happily recommend this to anyone who's looking for one!Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerLadyChristineVIPDined on 6/7/2014We went for restaurant week but had been here before and knew it would be good. Caesar salad and lobster gnocchi were wonderful. Steaks cooked to perfection and delicious. Service was excellent. White glove treatment. Ask for Alexis she took great care of us and was fun too. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchpatriciaDined on 6/7/2014Every time we go to Bin 54, we leave feeling that it's one of the best restaurants in the area. The food is always perfectly prepared and their sauces are amazing. The wine list is so impressive that I have an awful time choosing just one. We consistently get incredible service from the staff and will be going back again.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at BIN 54 - a special restaurant worthy of the accolades it has received!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent night as usual. Good food and good service. Restaurant was busy which was great -added great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Thumbs UpyummyDined on 6/5/2014Took my mom here for restaurant week. The service was great. The food was amazing. Mom said it was the best stake she has ever had in her life. And she has eaten a lot of steak! So glad I got to go here! Loved the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekRowdygirlsDined on 6/5/2014Excellent experience-- somewhat noisy- prices might prevent dining anytime other restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2014The food was the best I've had so far in Chapel Hill, everything tasted great and was prepared near perfectly. It was great to eat somewhere that realizes a properly prepared quality steak doesn't need anything more than a little salt and pepper. The service was good, but not great. However, we were there for Restaurant Week so I really can't blame them for being a bit harried and distracted. Our only real complaint was that it was surprisingly loud, with enough ambient noise from other tables and the open kitchen that it was difficult to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Best steak in a long time!CoupleoffoodiesDined on 6/4/2014Steak was cooked perfectly and blue cheese sauce was rich and to die for! I would recommend the lobster gnocchi and crime brûlée for dessert. We went during triangle restaurant week, so got a great deal. Jerad pricing was a bit high normally, but you defiantly pay for great service and fantastic food. We will be back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceactinoDined on 6/3/2014While living in Chapel Hill, we never ate at Bin 54 because we didn't believe the food could be worth the price. We were wrong! The food, service, and drink were outstanding. The only down for us was that the tables were too close and the noise level too high. I really wasn't interested in hearing any part of the conversation behind us between an older man and his "trophy" date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Among the bestSpongeSteveDined on 6/3/2014Everything about Bin54 was superb - the service was incredibly attentive; the foods were served with style and extremely high quality preparation; the sauces were unique and the ambiance was perfectSpecial Features:
- Good food, good servicepgallVIPDined on 6/2/2014We went to Bin 54 during Restaurant Week and the food was very good. The Restaurant Week menu helped with the cost of the meal. We chose to sit outside because inside seemed a bit noisy. We enjoyed the wait staff and our meals. Excellent wine menu.Special Features:
- DurhamfoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014Delicious and very attentive service. I would go back.Special Features:
- great foodEdwardDined on 5/27/2014best meats in town, fabulous wine selection but a bit pricy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencechapelhillianDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time at Bin 54, and even though I'd heard great things about it, it exceeded my expectations. Almost everything was perfect -- every course, the service, the atmosphere. The only thing that I would change is the noise level. It was a little too loud (we were seated near a large group), but even so, it didn't detract from an outstanding meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceGrad2014Dined on 5/23/2014Great food and atmosphere. Fabulous wine selection and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around evening!LivedinZurichDined on 5/8/2014If you like high end steaks simply put…this is the spot in Chapel Hill for sure, possibly the best in NC. Fabu cocktail menu, great salads, perfectly cooked veggies, lovingly and generously prepared desserts. A must for your next special evening out. Prices reflect the quality, we thought it was a good value.Special Features:
- The following 498 reviews are from the BIN 54 reviews archive.
- First Class Steakhouseeat4funDined on 5/5/2014Bin 54 is on a par with the "name" steakhouses, with service that is superior, in all respects. Wait staff is knowledgeable and friendly at the same time. Kitchen is efficient (we were timely served with food at the proper temperature). We know it's the custom at high-end steakhouses to serve side dishes in table-size portions, which is probably good if only 2 are dining (and looking at the table set-up, most diners expected are 2), but when 4 are present, and all are not on the same side dish page, it results in too many leftovers (and higher cost). Wine list superb.Special Features:
- Excellent Dining Experience!lunchproVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant and my family was celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday. Jared and Beth Ann took fabulous care of us all night long. The tuna tartare appetizer is phenomenal and our steaks were all cooked to perfection. The Blue Cheese butter made my 6oz filet melt in my mouth! Fantastic restaurant when you're celebrating a special occasion AND when you just want to celebrate the day.Special Features:
- Great food, service lackingluvdiningoutDined on 4/29/2014We had heard great things about Bin 54 and selected this restaurant for dinner with friends visiting from out of state. The restaurant was busy, and quite noisy. Our waiter was not the best. We waited a very long time for our entrees, and the waiter was more involved in servicing a large party at a neighboring table. After waiting approximately one hour for our entrees, we managed to flag down another waiter who sent the manager over to see us. The manager explained that the kitchen had overlooked the ticket for our entrees and our food would arrive in approximately 7 minutes. The food was still late in arriving but the manager came over to again apologize for the delay and told us that our entrees were on him. very nice gesture.Special Features:
- Awesome!!yumyumDined on 4/26/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 7yr anniversary at BIN54 which was a last minute decision. We booked our reservation online w/o a problem and had an absolutely wonderful time and the food was EXCELLENT. Did I mention the delicious banana pudding :-)They're very pricey but worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.