339 N. Dearborn
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bin36.com/
- Phone: 3127559463x
- Hours of Operation:
Mon-Thurs: 6:30am - 12:00am, Fri 6:30am - 2:00am, Sat 7:00am - 2:00am, Sun 7:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: William Hewitt
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: BIN 36 can accommodate 10 to 400 people.
Wine Tastings and classes
Corporate & private reception and dinner parties
Great team building ideas
Wedding receptions and bat mitzvahs
Bachelorette and surprise parties
Casino nights & lots of other fun things!
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Bolger 3123270459x
- Special Events: Ongoing series of classes on a monthly basis around wine, cheese, and food!
A word from Bin 36
Bin 36 is a casual, friendly and affordable spot where wine novices can enjoy over 50 wines by the glass. Learning about wine does not have to be complicated! BIN 36's staff is enthusiastically prepared to offer people a great environment to learn and enjoy wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bin 36 reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (80)fit for foodies (53)good for groups (40)special occasion (36)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (23)romantic (22)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fun night!luv2eatoutDined on 10/11/2014We went here to celebrate my husband's and sister's birthday. The food was great and the selection of wines was impressive. We were a little disappointed in the service as our waitress was not the friendliest and seemed to have way to many tables. The atmosphere was fun and the noise level was energetic but not so loud that you couldn't hear your table conversation. The only other interesting thing was that the space was expansive but they had the tables really close together. But overall, we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedvinedoggDined on 10/11/2014The wine list is spectacular and they offer chest flights to pair with any wine preference. This combination of wine and cheese is reason alone to dine at Bin 36. However, it’s the service and the sommelier that make the Bin 36 experience truly magical.Special Features:
- Cheese flightsluv2dineoutDined on 10/9/2014What a great way to begin the dining experience - with a cheese flight! Since it was our first time there, we tried the virgin flight...and now we want to go back and be bolder with our choice! The food was very good and our waiter was very knowledgeable! It was a good experience!Special Features:
- LovelyLunchVIPDined on 10/8/2014Another great lunch. The $5 burger was thick, juicy, and cooked to perfection. I will miss these lunch specials!Special Features:
- Surprisingly ExcellentJoshDined on 10/7/2014I chose Bin 36 for a business dinner, and after looking at the menu was feeling a bit underwhelmed. Once seated in a booth, this feeling was not reversed: the upholstery was cracked and clearly in need of replacement. Things got better, though: the wine selection is outstanding, and the server was incredibly knowledgeable about all of the many wines on offer. We ordered a cheese flight, which was quite good. The real upside was that the entrees were fantastic; everyone in our party was delighted with their meal. Other than the decor, which is in desperate need of a revamp, Bin 36 was great and, given its proximity to my work, I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad servicecardmdVIPDined on 10/4/2014Sommelier was great, and bus boy kept our water full. It ends there. Our waitress was rude, unfriendly, poor service, never smiled. We both felt uncomfortable. Has to be worst waitress in city. Not to mention looked unkempt. Won't come backSpecial Features:
- Good value.JanieDined on 10/3/2014Used a Groupon coupon, good value, would have liked to have chose something other than an entree. Our server made us feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AmazingEricVIPDined on 10/1/2014Bin 36 is a perfect restaurant for business dinners or romantic dates. The entire evening is spent talking about the wine, the cheese, the meats, and the dinner itself providing hours of enjoyment. This was my fourth or fifth time visiting here (I live in Philadelphia PA) and each time has been perfect. This time my colleagues from Germany, the UK, and Boston all enjoyed the evening and were extremely happy with the meal. We ordered wine flights, cheese flights, the Chef's meat plate and olives as appetizers and then followed that with four small plates for dinner which were all fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about Bin 36 and am really hoping they somehow franchise the idea to bring it to other cities like NY, Philadelphia etc..Special Features:
- Love the lunch specials!LovelyLunchVIPDined on 9/24/2014I had the Cuban Sandwich, which was delicious. Love it.Special Features:
- Good Wine ListDonDDined on 9/22/2014It is really good to try new wines. The food is good but the menu doesn't have to much from where to choose. If you want to have a good sandwich or salad and enjoy some wine this place will do the jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencealdanatDined on 9/21/2014Our server Chris and all the staff made our evening very pleasant and memorable. Was a wonderful way to sample different cheeses and learn about wines. The olives were Devine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceWinendineDined on 9/19/2014Bin 36 was great! I would highly recommend the Wine Flight along with the cheese flight. A very impressive and delicious assortment of both! Bin 36 makes a great place for groups or for just a dinner date. Service was very good as well and the waiter was very knowledgeable and a great help with recommendations. I did not feel rushed and that is another reason I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic Lunch Specials!Bin36RegularVIPDined on 9/15/2014Fantastic Lunch Specials for those of us that need a quick, delicious & reasonably priced lunch with great service. Thank you for offering the delicious specials for offices near by! For the couple that left because they thought it was too fancy for lunch, they should have taken a moment to look around and see that everyone was thoroughly enjoying their meals.Special Features:
- MarcDined on 9/13/2014Good food, good wine list, good cheese selection but very poor service and noise level is unacceptable. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation without having to yell.Special Features:
- Not what it once was.EatChicagoDined on 9/12/2014The apps were good, as was the wine, but the selection of entrees was extremely limited, as the service was exceedingly slow and inattentive. So sad. I used to love this place for its food and service as much as for its wine.Special Features:
- Wine, food and funWendyDined on 9/12/2014The focus at Bin is the wine, but there's something for everyone here. They have a limited food menu, but again, enough options to fit every taste and budget. Their servers are well trained and can make recommendations if you need/want. I always recommend trying one of their wine flights, you get to sample wines that you otherwise would probably never try. I brought a group of out of town colleagues to Bin and the service was terrific, the food was wonder and everyone enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:
- Great burger, lackadaisical serviceTheDarkKnightDined on 9/11/2014Took a date here on a Thursday night to wind down an evening after a show at the House of Blues. Let me say that the layout is excellent and the food is great! Loved it all. However, the hostess seemed like she didn't want to be there and the bussers were just all over our table. Every time I wanted to engage this young lady I was with in conversation, another staff member was there. Now, I love attentive service but this became slightly intrusive. I could be because it was slow that night or whatever, but I would really recommend this place, maybe not for a first date.Special Features:
- UniqueSisuDined on 9/5/2014Unique and appealing approach to wine and cheese offerings, reasonable prices, generous pours. Upstairs not a great place if you want to hear or be heard. Atmosphere more geared to millenials. Maybe better if you dine in the cellar but it was closed when we were there. Annoyed that we were not informed about this when they called to confirm our reservation. But would definitely recommend and would visit again because of the cheese and wine selections and excellent service from knowledgeable and friendly wait staff. Great location.Special Features:
- Missed the MarkLovelyLunchVIPDined on 9/2/2014This week I ordered the lunch special which was a burger, and it was totally overcooked. I ordered medium, and it came very well done. This would have been somewhat understandable had they been busy, however; there were only 3-4 tables at the time. I do not like well done meat, and since I was on lunch I didn't have time to send it back. The manager was very apologetic and offered me a complimentary one on my next visit. I am a regular and will definitely be back; this was just a bit disappointing. (I also had the black bean soup, though, and it was great!) ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Weight staff were blasé, and could have cared less about the service and the timing for the meal.
- Great way to experimentClevendboyDined on 8/29/2014Bin 36 has an extensive by the glass wine list, including wine flights, and a vast cheese selection also done in flights/groups. Servers are very knowledgeable and guide you through picking great pairings. Tapas-style menu enables sampling and sharing, and would be great for groups or foodies that want to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great good and wine choicesCathDined on 8/25/2014we chose this place because my companions had been here before when in town and loved it. I can see why. a great place to try and share a good range of foods and wine, and the wine flights and cheese flights work well for groups also. a perfect place for our catch up.. we were there in a quiet Monday night and received excellent service. a great night out for our week's stay in ChicagoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertoDined on 8/21/2014One of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. The wine pairings are a special feature of the restaurant and is the selection of cheeses.Special Features:
- The true City Enoteca4foodwilltravelDined on 8/20/2014This is a great spot, excellent ambiance and a very unique offering of wine varietals, excellent cheeses and great appetizers. The lamb meatballs are incredible, and the wine/cheese choice/description menu is very ingenuous. An excellent place to unwind, enjoy a good wine (without taking a senseless hit on your wallet), and simply chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety in taste and drinkGoodGeneticsDined on 8/15/2014Nice open industrial yet chic atmosphere with super wine selections and an awesome variety in tapas. The menu is very busy and intimidating, but giving them freedom to assist you will pay off in dividends. My pallet and mind exploded with a fun little flavor adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful...pkeenanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Had a great meal here tonight. Our server was well versed with not only the menu but the pairing which I think they pride themselves on. I'm an out of towner now but when I lived in Chicago I would come her to learn. Do yourself a favor and have a sit down. Well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good yet....GreenwoodDined on 8/8/2014I have really liked this place in the past, except for the noise. The wines are stellar, great choices, with flights so you can try different wines. The cheeses are melt in your mouth good. The food choices are just okay. If you want to try different wines and have small plate apps, I would recommend Bin 36. The six people I took there enjoyed it. I thought the food could be better. A table clearer spilled a glass of water and a glass of wine, acceptable response to clean up, but they didn't offer my guest another glass of wine. Not acceptable. Still wish they had kept their outdoor space.Special Features:
- Bin 36Estee21Dined on 8/8/2014Nice atmosphere, but fairly noisy space. Great wine and cheese selection. Good selection of small plates and things to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flights of FancyWhere2NextDined on 7/30/2014We enjoyed the cheese and wine flights and the service was great.Special Features:
- Wine BarpafishingDined on 7/29/2014This restaurant is a good wine and cheese bar. The selection of wines was good but fairly young in age. Nothing on the menu older than four years which seemed a bit odd for a restaurant specializing in wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat a $5 lunch special!LovelyLunchVIPDined on 7/29/2014Bin 36 is right across the street from my office, so it's very convenient for a quick lunch. And the weekly $5 specials are GREAT! This is also my Go to place for a nice, reasonably priced bottle of wine for a special occasion. I love it!Special Features:
- FT45VIPDined on 7/28/2014We enjoy Bin 36 every time we visit Chicago. The wine selection is amazing and the food is excellent. We had a variety of wines, appetizers and cheese and loved everything. Service is great too.Special Features:
- love this placeyay4wineDined on 7/25/2014I always have great service when I dine or drink here. Jimmy the bartender/mixologist is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to learn about wineJoevVIPDined on 7/24/2014A definite place to add to your list. Every wonder what a wine library would feel or look like to you? This is the place-knowledgeable wait staff and a great way to experience wine/cheese pairings. The Wine flights are fun the way they walk you through your selections-add to your list of places to go soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/22/2014Wine variety and reasonable prices is the main attraction. Food simple but good and again reasonably priced. Room is a little lacking in atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014Very good food, and EXCELLENT service. Only reason Bin 36 did not get 5 starts is that the ambience is good, not outstanding. I'd go back again, and recommend to anyone looking for good food and wine, and great service.Special Features:
- Service and Wine List Excel!SassyChicagoanVIPDined on 7/18/2014No one can beat these waiters and bartenders for being knowledgable about wine and cheese (and the rest of the menu). You are in great hands here. We usually go to the bar, but for this special occasion decided guaranteeing a table by getting a reservation would be better. The two of us were seated at a small table for two in a mostly empty restaurant (not so special) and there wasn't really enough room for our 2 flights of wine, our meals and our cheese flight. Meg, the waitress, was incredibly helpful and made great suggestions regarding the wine and food. The experience was great but I should have demanded a better table as that really took away from the overall experience and didn't have to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible food and serviceOperataVIPDined on 7/16/2014What ever happen here? service is simply the worst, food is at best mediocre (and very greasy - the bread was not fresh, pates were less than ordinary), wine is cheap (stuff you find for 5 to 7 dollars a bottle). The hostess cannot even distribute menus...the waitress gave us someone else's wine, took if back, and then return it to our table to say it was on the house..the chairs are very uncomfortable. They need a chef and training, lots of training. they are on their way out of business.
- Disappointing ServiceSammyVIPDined on 7/8/2014Normally an excellent restaurant but our last dining experience was disappointing due to exceptionally poor service. There is never a good explanation for having to ask three times for beverage service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good wine and cheese barAdamDined on 7/3/2014Good food and drinks with excellent variety. I would like to see it when it is full, but I went with a group and we all had good foodSpecial Features: