1314 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bin14.com/
- Phone: 2019639463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Anthony Pino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private catering options are available.
A word from Bin 14
Hoboken’s First and Only Wine Bar. Chef Anthony Pino’s menu highlights Italian style tapas dishes. A variety of small plates that create a unique dining experience. Bin 14 is serving over 100 bottles of wine, with over 70 by the glass pours. Wine selections are focused on Italy but encompass all of the best wine regions of the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bin 14 - Best Restaurants in Hoboken ›
Bin 14 reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (23)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (19)special occasion (13)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- almost, but not quiteimpressedVIPDined on 7/30/2014We had an uneven experience. The service was poor and unprofessional. It's small plates, which implies sharing. We told the waiter we'd be sharing (3 of us). We never received serving utensils for any of the many dishes we received, and with each delivery we had to wait ask for them. One of the dishes we ordered was the wrong dish (a pizza with the wrong ingredients), but it was so delicious we kept it. A number of things we ate were quite delicious. A couple of dishes were not outstanding, but were good. Nothing was bad. I think if the service was better we would have loved this placeSpecial Features:
- Very good... with a small misstepShaman514VIPDined on 7/12/2014It was our first dinner there. Service is good, food is great and obviously, the wine list is comprehensive. There was just one misstep, that kind of ticked me off. As a wine bar, you should be perfect when you serve and present wine. My wife and I had Prosecco rosé as aperitif and then ordered a 50$ bottle of Italian wine for our main course. The server arrived with the bottle with the metal foil removed, I find it odd, but was a minor detail I thought. Then he was just about the serve the wine in THE SAME glass we had our Prosecco. I stoped him just in time and asked if he really wanted us to drink our wine in the same glass of the bubbly Prosecco. He answered "I can change the glasses, if you want".Yes, pls. He did & was nice about it.Special Features:
- For the most part - really greatDannDined on 6/26/2014I just went there last week for an anniversary. The food, the appetizers especially, was excellent, I would totally recommend it on that basis. However, we sat near the door and due to the weather or humidity there was a fruit fly issue, literally, at our table. We asked to be moved and that we get some new wine since the flies were hovering around it and may have fallen in, and they moved us quickly and without complaint. I did find that flies had fallen into the wine, but we still were not given a break on the check, which I would have expected from a decent place. So, this was probably an isolated incident, and the food was excellent, but the staff reaction to our insect issue was troubling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!colormequirkyDined on 6/22/2014My boyfriend and I were looking for a last minute dinner plan on a Sunday evening. I have walked by Bin 14 a bunch of times and decided to look into it. The menu in real life (vs. the one that was listed online) was slightly different but still amazing. Great cheeses selection, great wine, and a perfect casual date atmosphere. Overall, we had a great experience. The server was very attentive and knowledgeable in all the different choices. We split the Blue crab risotto and the mushroom, goat cheese pizza. Both were AMAZING. So, if you couldn't tell I absolutely loved it! Definitely going back againSpecial Features:
- Great food with a viewNannanVIPDined on 6/22/2014Cute place with wooden seats and a great wine list. Small plates of interesting combos, each enough for 1 person. Good service with great wine recommendations. Delicious food, although small servings, and a fun outdoor space on the street. Definitely go back.Special Features:
- So not a foodie but..avecamorDined on 6/3/2014I'm in love. A girlfriend and I are slowly trying the restaurants and bars of Hoboken and this was a gem! Initially, I was unsure of how much I would like this place. I'm 23 and it looked stuffy. However looking at the menu pulled me in. We each had the blue crab mango bruschetta which was absolutely incredible. For our entrees, we got the 8oz. rib eye steak which came with gourmet fries and shrimp, as well as the market fish (black sea bass) on top of creamed corn,sliced cherry tomatoes, and capers. Flavorful, tender, and simply delicious. To drink we tried the Prosecco and Sauvignon Blanc. Go try for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls night out - GF !GFfoodieDined on 5/29/2014Great for gluten free foodies - so many options and knowledgable wait staff ! Can't wait to come back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, relaxing atmosphererudyvVIPDined on 5/5/2014A nice find that's a but higher priced but food was excellent and service attentive.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Bin 14 reviews archive.
- Great food, but no post meal coffeeIvypivyVIPDined on 4/16/2014Really, after drinking great wine selections and eating delightful and well prepared food, I asked for coffee before setting off for a 2 hour post meal drive. Sorry, the kind waitress said, we don't serve either coffee or dessert. Really? And no, it wasn't that the espresso machine was broken.Special Features:
- Why Bin 14 is a Hidden GEMRichardsvsChachiDined on 4/15/2014I recently went to Bin 14 and boy was I surprised. I have been enjoying my times in Hoboken for over 10 years when it dawned upon me. It is my anniversary with my girlfriend but where should I go. I have a friend who recommended Bin 14. We entered the restaurant and it was lively, the ambiance, the people the decor was just fantastic. The hostess, the bar tenders and waitress were very very nice and all appeared to love where they worked which made us happy. The truffle fries were delicious the mozzarella balls amazing the 3 cheese combination was terrific and the entrees were the best! I never knew this place existed until then. I would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- Birthday to Be RememberedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2014I've been meaning to check out Bin14 for a while and finally made a reservation for my birthday (recommend making a reservation 4 weeks in advance). It was well worth the wait. Food was phenomenal! Blood orange salad (so flavorful and refreshing), burrata (get bread to dip into the oil and it's to die for), fig/prosciutto/ricotta pizza (perfect combination of sweet and savory). Our waitress had the best recommendations for both food and wine. I am craving the pizza already and it's been 3 days since I was there... I'll definitely be making another reservation soon. Perfect date spot, weeknight meal when you've had a long day - don't feel like doing dishes and just need one glass of wine and good food, catching up with friends etc. Enjoy!!Special Features:
- Bin 14OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/17/2014Bin 14's collection of small plates is lets you design your own tasting menu and the overall quality is very high. The service is quite efficient and quite helpful as far as the wine list is concerned. Without dessert or coffee, it is not a place you go to for long, lingering meals, but it is an entertaining and enjoyable space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our fav spotsMJ1985Dined on 3/15/2014My hubby and I visit Bin 14 often due to the small plate options and stellar wine flights. This particular time our service was fair at best. We will return but this was dissapointing for us on a Saturday night out celebrating a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotBossDined on 3/2/2014Good food, good booze, great service and fun vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Everything but PriceyNoQualmsDined on 2/16/2014Servers know their wine and give good recommendations, food is very good though portions are small, wine list is solid. Really the only complaint is that it's very expensive for the portion size. If you want to splurge for a special occasion you won't be disappointed in the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday night musslesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2014all you can eat mussles on tuesday nights. this place is small and gets crowded quick so get in early. The bartenders know the wine list well and are good at recommending a wine to pair with your meal.Special Features:
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Hoboken. The food and wine are great and the atmosphere is amazing. Normally the service is also really good but our server this time seemed a bit off/distracted and was very inattentive. My boyfriend and I had wanted to order a cheese plate at the end of our meal but the server didn't come by for about 30 minutes after we had finished the rest of our food (he seemed to have left the restaurant for a break during part of that time) and by that point we were nearing the end of our reservation time so he wouldn't allow us to order it. We will probably still go back here, since the mozzarella with truffle honey is amazing, but it will probably be awhile and we hope we never get that sever again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only choice in HobokenCandyshapiroDined on 1/5/2014So far as a foodie and new to the town. This is one of the only spots to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great anniversary!SusanDined on 12/14/2013Finally made it to Bin 14 and it did not disappoint. The food menu is unbelievable and very well priced! But keep in mind that any addition of wine will likely double the cost of your bill. Nonetheless, we received great recommendations and very much enjoyed ourselves. Unfortunately our waiter was slightly inattentive and even completely forgot to put in the pizza we had ordered as an appetizer, as well as deliver our bill on time. But the positive review goes to show how great the rest of the experience was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been meaning to tryHobokenPandaDined on 12/13/2013We have been meaning to try this place for awhile but could never get in on a Friday or Saturday night for dinner...apparently this place is pretty popular. I was able to secure a reservation about 2 weeks before we wanted to go, but the only time open was at 6pm on a Friday night. The place had a festive ambiance, lights dimmed low, and was decorated for Christmas. The outdoor area in the back had space heaters, but was a little too cold to sit out there, so we ended up sitting in the front window. (Beware of the drafty front door if you sit in the front window. They hung a curtain to help, but it didn't really.) The hostess and waitress were very nice and helpful for food selection and the food was great. Would definitely go here again!Special Features:
- family birthdayKhonnaDined on 12/5/2013Family get together for my son's 24th birthday, everyone enjoyed their dinners and drinks to the last morsel. Was lucky enough to grab a parking spot right across the street! Relaxed fun dinner and conversation, and did I mention I parked right across the street!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $$ but good!WineisgoodVIPDined on 12/3/2013Had such a good time I didn't even care that we spent so much money on wine - good wine though!! Food was pretty good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostess good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2013The hostess td me that even though we hd a reservation she needed the table back in less than 2 hours. She was incredible ride and the whe time I felt rushed. Food was good excerpt for their pizza.Special Features:
- Great gluten free optionsHeyleeVIPDined on 11/14/2013Food was spectacular. Most perfectly cooked lamb that I have ever had, and the gluten free pizza was too good to be true.Special Features:
- Lackluster ServiceJoanMVIPDined on 10/31/2013While the restaurant offers a unique menu and the wine list extremely impressive, the waiter was aloof, unengaged with our table and unattentive. We felt like we were an annoyance to be there. Doubtful we will return.Special Features:
- Great wine selectionJudyDined on 10/4/2013The wine selection is outstanding and wait staff extremely knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodRocksDined on 9/23/2013Food and service was amazing, however it was very loud ambience especially the new age parents with their screaming kidsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to be backFredericDined on 8/8/2013We lived for 2 years in Hoboken and after a year of absence it felt great to be back and enjoy the great wines and food of this energetic local gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome !AnmaesVIPDined on 8/1/2013As always, the restaurant is perfect and the food is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always delicious...jessicalynnDined on 7/5/2013I have visited Bin 14 for almost every wine tasting as well as dinner on several occasions. The food is always spectacular, fresh, well-seasoned, and beautifully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu with uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/24/2013Creative menu with unique food combinations that just work! Service is excellent, professional and friendly without ever feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2013The food was delicious, although the portion was very small. We ordered two of the bruschetta. One piece of bread with the topping was about $5-$6. Food was good and creative, but I don't think the quality of the ingredients warranted the price point. We had a bottle of Rose which was actually very enjoyable. Overall a good experience, but definitely pricey for the amount of food you get.Special Features:
- Great Wine, Food overpricedMikeDined on 6/19/2013Very good wine menu, but very scattered food menu & a bit overpriced, but all in all, good spot.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2013The food was amazing, and felt like good value. The service was perfect - very welcoming, friendly and relaxed. Bin 14 has been a favorite of mine for years. Great night overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and goodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2013Good food, good vibe, worth stopping by for a biteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Dee7Dined on 6/6/2013Ridiculously amazing food! Great ambiance. Perfect for a girls night or date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/1/2013Enjoyed celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary at Bin 14. The waiter was very helpful with my wife's wine selection. The amount of food was perfect and delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/21/2013They need a dessert menu...that's a huge missed opportunity. The food was good but wasn't mind blowing.Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2013Fantastic restaurant with a great, clean, aesthetic ambiance. Service was top notch. We arrived minutes before they were shutting down the dinner menu and moving towards the late night snack menu [something that I did not know before making the reservation at that time]. However, our server was fantastic and told us she will speak to the kitchen in order to keep that menu open longer for us, which she did. We had chosen to do wine flights of some smooth reds; which the server took perfect care of. We ordered a ton of food: Mushroom Bruschetta, Sausage Bruschetta 3 Cheeses and 3 Meats Shrimp&Grits Fig and Ricotta Pizza Salmon Cavatelli & Broccolini and something else.. Everything was extremely fresh and cooked to pSpecial Features:
- Great food & wine in HobokenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2013I live in the area and Bin 14 is one of very few local restaurants that I always look forward to dine in. Hoboken is no match to NYC when it comes to fine dining options, but Bin 14 is an exception! Having a very picky taste, I can count Hoboken restaurants which I like on one hand, and Bin 14 is in my top three.Here is why:Top quality gourmet dishes.Amazing selection of wines.Service is always great.Outdoor seating areas.Special Features: