1555 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biminiboatyard.com/
- Phone: 9545257400
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH 11:30a - 5:00p Monday – Saturday
DINNER 5:00p - 10:30p Sunday – Thursday and 5:00p - 11:00p Friday & Saturday.
BRUNCH 11:00a - 3:00p Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shipman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boatyard is an ideal location to host your next event, Corporate gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower or a Birthday Party. We have 3 private rooms and an outdoor patio that can accommodate 10 to 500 guests. Our event planner will personally assist you in planning every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Patti Coelho 9545257400
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Friday Nights 5PM to 8PM, Saturday 6PM to 10PM, and Sunday 11AM – 3PM during Brunch.
- Public Transit: Water taxi service available from all major hotels and downtown. Broward County Bus Service Drop off at 17th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking or complimentary valet parking available. Want to come by boat? -- free dockage available for boats up 75' for restaurant customers. Or come by Water Taxi, call 954-467-6677
A word from Bimini Boatyard
In September of 1989, Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill opened its doors in the heart of the Yachting Capital of the World in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. To this day, Bimini Boatyard continues to be Fort Lauderdale's Premier Waterfront Dining Experience, featuring the freshest seafood delivered daily, expertly prepared and infused by our Caribbean Wood-Fired Grill. We have both indoor and outdoor dining, and our waterfront Palm Bar is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon watching the yachts cruise by. We strive for excellence in all facets of our operation, providing superior customer service and food of distinction in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Our Sunday Brunch is not to be missed, featuring a buffet with over 100 items and a Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar. Bimini Boatyard hosts Fort Lauderdale's finest Happy Hour from 4:00pm -8:00pm EVERYDAY. 2011 Overall Winner of NewTimes Pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bimini Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Bimini Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)scenic view (46)good for groups (30)special occasion (26)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (15)romantic (15)fit for foodies (12)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Fishtastic!BrianDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic fresh seafood! The fish was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014I have been to this restaurant for special occasions, brunch and the anniversary party. I am always pleased at the service, atmosphere and awesome food!Special Features:
- We had a nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice evening. The service was great and so was the food. The only thing better was having our out of town family join us for dinner.Special Features:
- Nice view!CelebrationDined on 9/7/2014Very nice ambience being able to sit outside overlooking the yachts. Food was good, not outstanding but good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Bimini BoatyardTampaskigirlDined on 9/6/2014We had a birthday dinner here Saturday night. Although I had made reservations, it wasn't necessary; there were empty tables at 8. I'm not sure why though. The drinks are huge and priced competitively, the menu has good variety with big portions and the staff was very friendly. We did not sit on the water-side deck but it looked very pleasant. Our service was a little slow but not so much that we were distracted by it. This was our second visit and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will still go back for the bread...InthebizDined on 9/5/2014Usually love this place! On the water, great drinks, amazing Bimini bread. We hosted a group of 10 people. Four people at our table ordered the Crab Leg Special that the server told us was $22. It was reviewed to be “just okay” by my guests but hey for $22/lb we’ll take it! When our checks came the special was $28 and not $22 as the server said. A bit disappointed. We thought that a talk with the manager would make a difference and that the check would be adjusted or at the very least dessert offered. Neither happened. The server came back with an “I’m sorry” as she picked up the check books for payment. Everyone makes mistakes. In this instance, 10 people dining and drinking at their establishment, management should have done something.Special Features:
- lunchfunwithfoodDined on 9/1/2014I had lunch here with a friend. The staff/servers were friendly and informed us of a bottle of wine that was 1/2 off and since we were not familiar with it he gave us a sample. The food was very flavorful and interesting. We started with the jumbo shrimp cocktail. I was not overly impressed with this, as it was just the average shrimp cocktail; however I had the snapper for lunch and it was delicious. It was seasoned perfectly with just a bit of spicy and a fresh tomato, onion and plantain salsa. Unique and fresh. We did have to wait for longer than expected after placing our order for wine. overall experience was great and I would recommend this as a nice lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice evening with our guestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was great, the service was very good and the Bimini Bread was out of sight. One of our favorite restaurants. It is not handy, but well worth the drive. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talks a good gameSpiderDined on 8/22/2014The out door area and bar are excellent but the food and service was not good. They were trying to deliver our mains and we were still eating our starters! Yes we refused them. The restaurant was not busy but they seemed to want to get us in and out as quick as possible.Special Features:
- What happened?DaveDeFDined on 8/17/2014We used to love the brunch here. We hadn't been in about 2.5 years and was looking forward to returning. Now they have half the offerings. Not as much food and the quality has definitely decreased while the price has increased. Plus they also have a 18% tip included. For a buffet? Really? 18% to clear dirty plates? Crazy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Outside bartenders excellent, great service and friendly. The inside restaurant was EMPTY! and it was a Friday night, seems strange, what's going on?? It made us a little uncomfortable, went there due to walking distance from hotel.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningreviewer29VIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was pretty good (nothing spectacular) but the patio was great to see the marina. The service was also excellent. The Key Lime pie is a must, but feel free to skip the famous Bimini bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Dining ExperienceScottEllyDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed a no wait reservation Sunday evening for dinner. Staff was friendly, fast and attentive. Food was outstanding...quiet atmosphere was very nice with the scenic view of boats going by. Enjoyable evening that we will repeat soon and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOnTheRoadAgain57Dined on 8/8/2014I ate here twice during my stay in Ft Lauderdale. I visited several establishments, trying to find excellent food and was most pleased with this. The fish was fresh, delightfully prepared and service was wonderful. Bread is a must! Dessert was very good also.Special Features:
- Food SucksFoodiegirl1214Dined on 8/8/2014We came here in celebration of my mother's 70th birthday and sadly, for what I paid for five of us to eat could have provided a large party for her and with way better food. All seafood tasted frozen. The crab cakes were all filler and the seafood dip was so fishy, we couldn't even tolerate it being at our table. The service was OK. The waiter was nice enough but our drinks weren't filled often and finding him to get service was near impossible. The view can't be beat and in nicer weather, eat outside because it's beautiful. The Diane salad was worth it's weight in gold. If you're looking for good, fresh Florida seafood, this place is not it. There are lots more smaller, better establishments with delicious food on the water.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoseDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I have enjoyed many brunches and other meals at the Bimini Boatyard in the past. However, this time it was not good. Our coffee was cold; the roast beef was cold and almost raw - it was browned on the edges and a purple color instead of red; inedible. The carved turkey was like lunch meat turkey and was also cold. The only good parts were the mimosa, the Belgian waffle, and the French toast. The shrimp were even hard and stuck to their shells. We are hoping this was a bad day and that this restaurant will be back up to par soon. Otherwise, we won't be returning. It was crowded and children were running all over the restaurant.Special Features:
- Good restoShadow2307Dined on 7/22/2014Was pleased with this good restaurant !! Their bread is awsome !! The service is excellent !! My daughter had seafood pasta wich she enjoy & i took the evening special & was awsome !! Do not hesitate to go to this restaurant !!!!Special Features:
- So Awesome!EricaVIPDined on 7/15/2014We just love coming here when we are in town in Ft. Lauderdale. The food and service are always great. The drinks are delicious and refreshing. This is one place to eat at and visit when in South Florida. The view of the Intercostal is pretty awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/13/2014Don't waste your time or money! Food was cold and tasteless. I heard they were known for their Bimini bread but when I asked for some the waiter told us they don't serve it on Sunday because it was used for the French toast. He ended up finding me a loaf and it was delicious. It was the highlight of my meal. My husband was afraid to try the shellfish they had because there were flys and it looked dirty.Special Features:
- lar1Dined on 7/2/2014Family favorite for years. Great place to bring out of town guests. Food and service were not as good as previous visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View/Service...nettkayDined on 6/29/2014We were there for a conference at a local hotel, and stopped in for dinner for two. Beautiful outside seating. Great canal view. Our server was very good, gave us space to hang out but didn't let the glasses get empty. Had the bread, YES it was good! (I'm trying to figure out the secret). We also had the lobster Mac & Cheese; very good, although a little greasy. And the crab cakes; my husband liked them, but I am more of a fan of lump crab seared not breaded. Also had the 'fountain of youth' drink.. fun, nothing amazing, but good sharing drink for date night. All in all a good experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BikeLadyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Lovely setting, around the water, but the food and service is just okay. Very pleasant, however.
- Great place to dine.SpicyanaDined on 6/28/2014Loved the ambiance, the food and very friendly staff. Service was excellent. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of serviceSadeventDined on 6/21/2014We we're sat down. Then 10mins later someone came by to tell us they would be back. We were rushed after main course was served. They came by twice to take plates off table even when were still eating. Three times came by to pickup check only to be told we wanted some more drinks. Someone needs to teach proper skills to staff .Special Features:
- I can't SING.SchnookyDined on 6/21/2014I can't SING, but I can sing better than the "singer"! One of the main reasons we selected this restaurant was because it supposedly had "entertainment". If that's what your looking for, forgo this place. Food actually fairly good. Service was OK, but as too often happens, our main couse was delivered before we finished our salads.
- Birthday celeb. in private roomsommertulpeDined on 6/17/2014The food was ok but I think the menu needs a bit more variety. The venue is prone to being extremely loud because the bare walls and high ceilings. The service was great. I would go again.Special Features:
- Boo BiminiyfishloverDined on 6/14/2014Went for Father's Day, big mistake. Despite only 3/4 full at tail of lunch time, service from kitchen appalling. It took 20 minutes to serve a half dozen oyster which were small, thin, juiceless, and uniformly gritty, and without plates for sharing as requested. It took a further half hour for main course to be served and then only partly cooked. This despite the front of house being fully staffed. The only food the kitchen produced on time were short order items like sandwiches and previously processed salads. The servers themselves friendly and drinks served very promptly.Special Features:
- So SojimfDined on 6/13/2014The restaurant have great views of the water however, the food was just so, so. I ha swordfish which was quite dry.
- Over PricedDarthDinerDined on 6/8/2014After looking at a menu online I made a reservation through Open Table. That part went smooth. When I arrived after 2:00PM on a Sunday afternoon, I was not aware that the only thing they were serving was a Sunday brunch. Maybe that was my fault for not asking or researching further. Regardless, after being told it was a brunch and the steep $35 per person cost, we stayed to try it. The food was barely warm, some stale and the service was mediocre. To add salt to my wound there was a couple of drunk women celebrating a birthday that were extremely loud and annoying. We could hear all of their personal business and it wasn't exactly G rated. Mind you, we had our 10 year old son with us. Needless to say, we will not return again.
- Great ambienceKimhDined on 6/7/2014You won't get a better location for outdoor dining. Musician was a perfect addition to our dinner. Not too loud, quite enjoyable. Bar service before dinner was slow, but friendly. Food was average. Grouper seemed dry and crab cakes were fair, key lime pie was excellent. Our server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TMD1Dined on 6/1/2014Food was very good. Thought the portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once was greatLoves2EatDined on 5/31/2014Years ago I used to go to this restaurant and it was one of my favorite places. It has a great ambience, is on the water, and has a nice selection of fish. Their bread ($4.OO.) is still as sweet and tasty as ever. Our server was seen scratching his head and then serving us food. Yuckey! Rather small portions, soggy fries, and overlooked veggies. Restaurant was almost empty at 6:45 on a weekend night. We will not return.Special Features:
- DisappointedHappyHoboDined on 5/27/2014We had a great meal last year. This year the food was average and overpriced. It's a nice atmosphere sitting outside on the intercostal, although there were a lot of flies. There were quite a few people by the outdoor bar for happy hour.Special Features:
- The following 394 reviews are from the Bimini Boatyard reviews archive.
- Poor Servicenotmychoice01Dined on 5/25/2014The service was absolutely poor. Could not find our waiter. The iced tea we ordered never came. We finally asked a different waiter for it. When he finally showed up he apologized and said he had a party of 13 to tend to. If it were a party of 1 or 13 the same service should have been extended. Would I go back no I would not, nor would I recommend anyone either.Special Features:
- Don't botherDebbieDined on 5/25/2014Great location, but service was terrible, Bimini bread was stale and for was ordinary. Manager showed no concern when we brought it to his attention.
- This Brunch is a Must!FrancieDined on 5/25/2014Everything you want including build your own Bloodie's…Raw bar, omelet station, carving station, salad bar, dessert bar and the ever so tasty french toast. A one man band played some great music for a short period of time (1:30-3:00 or so)…only down fall was the water glasses and drinks sweating because is was warm outside, thus our tables was soaked…would have been nice if the waitress brought over some napkins to wipe up the mess...Special Features:
- ExcellentKathyDined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent, as were the drinks! Great bartender, live music and a wonderful patio on the water for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServicealsindaniabchDined on 5/24/2014went to Bimini Boat yard for the first time on Sat eve. I really enjoyed it. The food was well prepared and presented. Our server was very nice, unhurried, and knowlegeable. The ambience was great, very Bahamian, Florida vibe. Over all I really enjoyed the evening there and definetely recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Always good, this time betterDaveMullikinVIPDined on 5/24/2014We live in KC & Ft Lauderdale back and forth every two weeks. Bimini was always on our top 10 list but it had slipped to "just good" late last year. It was a nice evening and we could book on Open Table so we said let's give them another try. Great evening! Food was excellent; I had the Simple Salman (blackened) with Asparagus and Mashed; Pam had the Seafood Pasta mix with lobster, shrimp, & scallops. David was our waiter and did a fine job. Brought a little bread to go with our side Caesars (excellent, as well). We like sitting on the outdoor patio so be sure to add the request to your Open Table reservations as they do accommodate. On the Intercoastal so expect a few flies (nasty - sorry). We will be back in a couple weeks. Dave & PamSpecial Features:
- Funwelder5Dined on 5/23/2014This was our second trip to Bikini Boat Yard. The food and service were good, and we were surprised by live entertainment. Always good to eat in the vicinity of beautiful boats.Special Features: