1555 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biminiboatyard.com/
- Phone: (954) 525-7400
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH 11:30a - 5:00p Monday – Saturday
DINNER 5:00p - 10:30p Sunday – Thursday and 5:00p - 11:00p Friday & Saturday.
BRUNCH 11:00a - 3:00p Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shipman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boatyard is an ideal location to host your next event, Corporate gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower or a Birthday Party. We have 3 private rooms and an outdoor patio that can accommodate 10 to 500 guests. Our event planner will personally assist you in planning every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Patti Coelho 9545257400
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Friday Nights 5PM to 8PM, Saturday 6PM to 10PM, and Sunday 11AM – 3PM during Brunch.
- Public Transit: Water taxi service available from all major hotels and downtown. Broward County Bus Service Drop off at 17th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking or complimentary valet parking available. Want to come by boat? -- free dockage available for boats up 75' for restaurant customers. Or come by Water Taxi, call 954-467-6677
A word from Bimini Boatyard
In September of 1989, Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill opened its doors in the heart of the Yachting Capital of the World in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. To this day, Bimini Boatyard continues to be Fort Lauderdale's Premier Waterfront Dining Experience, featuring the freshest seafood delivered daily, expertly prepared and infused by our Caribbean Wood-Fired Grill. We have both indoor and outdoor dining, and our waterfront Palm Bar is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon watching the yachts cruise by. We strive for excellence in all facets of our operation, providing superior customer service and food of distinction in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Our Sunday Brunch is not to be missed, featuring a buffet with over 100 items and a Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar. Bimini Boatyard hosts Fort Lauderdale's finest Happy Hour from 4:00pm -8:00pm EVERYDAY. 2011 Overall Winner of NewTimes Pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bimini Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Bimini Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)scenic view (45)good for groups (34)great for lunch (32)special occasion (26)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Bimini...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2014Excellent place to relax, pet friendly as well. Servers are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The set up was perfect. Everything was positioned so that the were no lines or crowds around the food. Well worth the price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!MissThomasDined on 11/21/2014That was my first time dining at the Boatyard and I'll definitely be back. Our waitress and the hostess were top notch dealing with my large party. Also the ambiance made the night PERFECT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood GaloreEjamesVIPDined on 11/14/2014Located across the street from Port Everglades & sitting on the Quay, the Bimini Boatyard is just the thing to get you in the mood for your cruise. With so many fish & seafood options available, this is place is an easy & laid back way to enjoy drinks & simple fare before heading down to the beach or off to your cruise the next day. Don't forget to try the sticky bread app & the Fish of the day special - I've eaten here twice & I'm been happy both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EvanDined on 11/13/2014patio deck, excellent ambiance. Outdoor bar energetic. Food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go backdancemom2104Dined on 11/9/2014We came to Florida to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday with friends and family who traveled from as far away as California and Massachusetts. I looked up restaurants to go to on the water and this was one that came up. We were unable to eat outside this time - but that's ok because the interior of the restaurant is great!!! The food and service were both excellent!! We would definitely go back and have already recommended it to my cousin who lives in neighboring town but works in Ft Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experiencePleasantVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have been here when visiting a couple of times. They have not disappointed us. The Stone Crab was excellent and our server was terrific.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014All was good with the restaurant but the plain grilled fish was not as good as I've had at Bimini before. Very dry -- could have been more tasty, even though plain is what I like. Even for someone with my liking fish was very dull.
- Simply Grilled Fresh FishcbmalmVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dine inside or out on the deck. Live music on the deck the evening of our reservation - wonderful. We dined here 3 times in 3 days: twice for lunch, and then dinner. Best menu items are the simplest: grilled fish, simply roasted or sauteed veggies, chunky mashed potoatoes. Other "signature" items are less sucessful as the fresh flavors are buried under sauces that muddy the amazing freshness of the main ingredients. Order the mahi: sandwich or simply grilled. Then save room for dessert...Special Features:
- Intracoastal at its Best...DrewVIPDined on 10/27/2014Weather permitting, request a table on the boat deck where it's a beautiful view overlooking the intracoastal harbor and boats docked close by. It's very tranquil. We had seafood, plain grilled Grouper that came with a choice of sides. We chose asparagus that was nicely steamed. The Grouper was very fresh and grilled without being dried out. To start, we had Manhattan Chowder and it was delicious. The service couldn't have been more efficient or pleasant. The only hiccup was that I was hosting the luncheon and my guests arrived 5 minutes before I did and were seated at our deck table. When I arrived, I was told that I was the first and waited 10 minutes at the front of the restaurant. The hostess was the one who was out to lunch. Not nice.Special Features:
- First time won't be our last!JenyfyrDined on 10/25/2014Enjoyed an amazing dinner on the patio on 10/25. While the food was fantastic, we will also return for the friendly service and outstanding ambiance. Prices were reasonable as well. Now we have even more reason to look forward to our next trip to Ft. Lauderdale!Special Features:
- Ambience superb; food not so muchLovegoodfoodDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at Bimini Boatyard before and was very excited about the food. This time, I was somewhat disappointed. Blackened salmon was overdone; sauces were particularly disappointing, as was the bread pudding. Service and ambience were excellent.Special Features:
- Lovely for brunch but . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Lovely for brunch, but a bit too exensive for the quality of the food.
- Great outdoor patioFreshfoodie79Dined on 10/11/2014Loved sitting outside at a table overlooking the canal. Food was delicious fish was as fresh as advertised. Service was good staff friendly and helpful. Nice quiet atmosphere allowed the ladies to talk. Even with the evening guitar player came. He was actually pretty good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service & location, bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/9/2014We loved our server and the location was really nice. The food was really bad at any price, outrageously bad at their prices. For $32, I got linguini pasta with a decent pomodoro sauce, a lobster with the consistency of buttermilk, rubbery shrimp, and "ok" scallops. My husband's fish, similarly priced, wasn't all that great either. The "Greek" salad had reasonably well-cooked fried shrimp on it, but included olives advertised as Kalamata, but which were definitely NOT Kalamata. (I would know.... I was born in Greece.) I wouldn't recommend, because at those prices you can definitely do better.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beDutchDined on 10/3/2014The oysters were described as medium blue points; I would hate to see super small ones; barley could see these. The food was not as I remembered. It was OK. The portion was fine but the fish was not as fresh. Might be better at lunch.Special Features:
- Service lackingSteveTVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was the second time I had dinner at this restraurant while traveling to Fort Lauderdale. The food is very good, but my waitress was not. I odered oysters as an appetizer. It wasn't served until after I asked about it after my entree arrive. The waitress blamed it on the kitchen and said she would get on them to get it out. Later on, the manager stopped by the for the normal "how was your dinner" visit. I told her about what happened and she said she would check on it. Come to find out, the waitress forgot to put the order in. It wasn't the kitchen's fault. All I got was a "I'm sorry" from the manager and waitress. Most good restaurants would have not charged for the appetizer. Not this one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got my fix for seafood in Ft. LaudRMesserliVIPDined on 10/2/2014I just had a couple of hours before getting on the plane and it's not far from the airport. The mojito wasn't that great because I think the mint was either frozen or it was not the right type of mint. The Snapper was awesome. My waitress was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction for my lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014We would have preferred sitting outside by the water, but the band playing at 6:30 p.m. was to loud!!!!! We sat inside as close to the water as we could!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awesome view at Bimini!BirdmanDined on 9/23/2014Bomini Boatyard is fabulous! I took 5 colleagues who were visiting from out-is-state and they raved! I will take others there , too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING BRUNCH!!!2B2BDOOVIPDined on 9/21/2014We were looking for a lazy Sunday lunch. What we found was a hidden gem! The Sunday Brunch was PHENOMENAL. Second to none. Copious amounts of seafood: crab legs oysters, shrimp, whitefish... Made to order omelets, pasta, pancakes and waffles; plus an excellent assortment of hot and cold selections. Oops, almost forgot the dessert table. WOW!Special Features:
- Fishtastic!BrianDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic fresh seafood! The fish was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Service was spot on.Special Features:
- Party time!chuckeseatsDined on 9/19/2014a great time was had by all. great music played all night at the 25th anniversary party. they really put on a great party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PleasedDined on 9/19/2014I have been to this restaurant for special occasions, brunch and the anniversary party. I am always pleased at the service, atmosphere and awesome food!Special Features:
- We had a nice evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a nice evening. The service was great and so was the food. The only thing better was having our out of town family join us for dinner.Special Features:
- renewing memoriesOntariocoupleDined on 9/13/2014We hosted a wedding rehearsal dinner at this location in 2010 and were anxious to rekindle our memories. The restaurant provided the same overall charming décor and atmosphere. Service was attentive and the food was delicious. The key lime pie was incredibly scrumptious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view!CelebrationDined on 9/7/2014Very nice ambience being able to sit outside overlooking the yachts. Food was good, not outstanding but good. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Bimini BoatyardTampaskigirlDined on 9/6/2014We had a birthday dinner here Saturday night. Although I had made reservations, it wasn't necessary; there were empty tables at 8. I'm not sure why though. The drinks are huge and priced competitively, the menu has good variety with big portions and the staff was very friendly. We did not sit on the water-side deck but it looked very pleasant. Our service was a little slow but not so much that we were distracted by it. This was our second visit and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will still go back for the bread...InthebizDined on 9/5/2014Usually love this place! On the water, great drinks, amazing Bimini bread. We hosted a group of 10 people. Four people at our table ordered the Crab Leg Special that the server told us was $22. It was reviewed to be “just okay” by my guests but hey for $22/lb we’ll take it! When our checks came the special was $28 and not $22 as the server said. A bit disappointed. We thought that a talk with the manager would make a difference and that the check would be adjusted or at the very least dessert offered. Neither happened. The server came back with an “I’m sorry” as she picked up the check books for payment. Everyone makes mistakes. In this instance, 10 people dining and drinking at their establishment, management should have done something.Special Features:
- lunchfunwithfoodDined on 9/1/2014I had lunch here with a friend. The staff/servers were friendly and informed us of a bottle of wine that was 1/2 off and since we were not familiar with it he gave us a sample. The food was very flavorful and interesting. We started with the jumbo shrimp cocktail. I was not overly impressed with this, as it was just the average shrimp cocktail; however I had the snapper for lunch and it was delicious. It was seasoned perfectly with just a bit of spicy and a fresh tomato, onion and plantain salsa. Unique and fresh. We did have to wait for longer than expected after placing our order for wine. overall experience was great and I would recommend this as a nice lunch spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice evening with our guestOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was great, the service was very good and the Bimini Bread was out of sight. One of our favorite restaurants. It is not handy, but well worth the drive. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Talks a good gameSpiderDined on 8/22/2014The out door area and bar are excellent but the food and service was not good. They were trying to deliver our mains and we were still eating our starters! Yes we refused them. The restaurant was not busy but they seemed to want to get us in and out as quick as possible.Special Features:
- What happened?DaveDeFDined on 8/17/2014We used to love the brunch here. We hadn't been in about 2.5 years and was looking forward to returning. Now they have half the offerings. Not as much food and the quality has definitely decreased while the price has increased. Plus they also have a 18% tip included. For a buffet? Really? 18% to clear dirty plates? Crazy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/15/2014Outside bartenders excellent, great service and friendly. The inside restaurant was EMPTY! and it was a Friday night, seems strange, what's going on?? It made us a little uncomfortable, went there due to walking distance from hotel.Special Features:
- Great outdoor diningreviewer29VIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was pretty good (nothing spectacular) but the patio was great to see the marina. The service was also excellent. The Key Lime pie is a must, but feel free to skip the famous Bimini bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Dining ExperienceScottEllyDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed a no wait reservation Sunday evening for dinner. Staff was friendly, fast and attentive. Food was outstanding...quiet atmosphere was very nice with the scenic view of boats going by. Enjoyable evening that we will repeat soon and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodOnTheRoadAgain57Dined on 8/8/2014I ate here twice during my stay in Ft Lauderdale. I visited several establishments, trying to find excellent food and was most pleased with this. The fish was fresh, delightfully prepared and service was wonderful. Bread is a must! Dessert was very good also.Special Features:
- Food SucksFoodiegirl1214Dined on 8/8/2014We came here in celebration of my mother's 70th birthday and sadly, for what I paid for five of us to eat could have provided a large party for her and with way better food. All seafood tasted frozen. The crab cakes were all filler and the seafood dip was so fishy, we couldn't even tolerate it being at our table. The service was OK. The waiter was nice enough but our drinks weren't filled often and finding him to get service was near impossible. The view can't be beat and in nicer weather, eat outside because it's beautiful. The Diane salad was worth it's weight in gold. If you're looking for good, fresh Florida seafood, this place is not it. There are lots more smaller, better establishments with delicious food on the water.Special Features:
- DisappointedRoseDined on 8/3/2014My husband and I have enjoyed many brunches and other meals at the Bimini Boatyard in the past. However, this time it was not good. Our coffee was cold; the roast beef was cold and almost raw - it was browned on the edges and a purple color instead of red; inedible. The carved turkey was like lunch meat turkey and was also cold. The only good parts were the mimosa, the Belgian waffle, and the French toast. The shrimp were even hard and stuck to their shells. We are hoping this was a bad day and that this restaurant will be back up to par soon. Otherwise, we won't be returning. It was crowded and children were running all over the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 412 reviews are from the Bimini Boatyard reviews archive.
- Good restoShadow2307Dined on 7/22/2014Was pleased with this good restaurant !! Their bread is awsome !! The service is excellent !! My daughter had seafood pasta wich she enjoy & i took the evening special & was awsome !! Do not hesitate to go to this restaurant !!!!Special Features: