1555 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biminiboatyard.com/
- Phone: 9545257400
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH 11:30a - 5:00p Monday – Saturday
DINNER 5:00p - 10:30p Sunday – Thursday and 5:00p - 11:00p Friday & Saturday.
BRUNCH 11:00a - 3:00p Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shipman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boatyard is an ideal location to host your next event, Corporate gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower or a Birthday Party. We have 3 private rooms and an outdoor patio that can accommodate 10 to 500 guests. Our event planner will personally assist you in planning every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Patti Coelho 9545257400
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Friday Nights 5PM to 8PM, Saturday 6PM to 10PM, and Sunday 11AM – 3PM during Brunch.
- Public Transit: Water taxi service available from all major hotels and downtown. Broward County Bus Service Drop off at 17th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking or complimentary valet parking available. Want to come by boat? -- free dockage available for boats up 75' for restaurant customers. Or come by Water Taxi, call 954-467-6677
A word from Bimini Boatyard
In September of 1989, Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill opened its doors in the heart of the Yachting Capital of the World in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. To this day, Bimini Boatyard continues to be Fort Lauderdale's Premier Waterfront Dining Experience, featuring the freshest seafood delivered daily, expertly prepared and infused by our Caribbean Wood-Fired Grill. We have both indoor and outdoor dining, and our waterfront Palm Bar is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon watching the yachts cruise by. We strive for excellence in all facets of our operation, providing superior customer service and food of distinction in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Our Sunday Brunch is not to be missed, featuring a buffet with over 100 items and a Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar. Bimini Boatyard hosts Fort Lauderdale's finest Happy Hour from 4:00pm -8:00pm EVERYDAY. 2011 Overall Winner of NewTimes Pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bimini Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Bimini Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)scenic view (49)good for groups (34)special occasion (28)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (21)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- used to be greatengeeDined on 3/16/2014i would not go back again ... this used to be my favourite place to take out of town guests ... no longer ... took a guest to sunday brunch ... food was mediocre and there were lots of empty platters that were not replenished ... cleanup service at the table was almost invisible ... waht a disappointing experience
- The food was good but theCarlVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was good but the service was mediocre. The waiter seemed to always be in a rush to go somewhere else. We are going to go back and try it again. Maybe it was just an off night for that waiter.Special Features:
- So so food. Unpleasant hostess.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/10/2014So so food. Unpleasant hostess. Efficient but detached waiter.
- Good overall service, butDfreedVIPDined on 3/9/2014Good overall service, but food was just average. Location is nice but if you don't sit outdoors or near a window , the atmosphere is lost.Special Features:
- Dead fishCapeDinerDined on 3/9/2014The atmosphere outside is nice. The service was spotty but friendly. At the recommendation of our waiter, we ordered the grilled black grouper with crabmeat on top. The fish was so overdone it was like a hockey puck. The crabmeat was scant and tasteless. The "sauce" was canned tomatoes. It was served on skinny, overcooked asparagus. No starch was served with it. All for $32! The bimini bread is sticky & sweet like a cinnabon. Better to get it for dessert than to start a meal. The "chocolate mousse" dessert is chocolate cake. it was delicious & the best part of the meal. the special drink of the day was good but cost $15! No prices are given with any descriptions of specials by the servers.Special Features:
- Great everything... Plus puppies !KimkimcoDined on 3/9/2014Great food, great service, perfect everything...especially the Bimini bread. And you can bring your puppy with and sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night everBillieJoVIPDined on 3/8/2014Wonderful food and Craig even knew our names by the time we left He made our first night of pre-cruise amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor choice for special occasionSusanDined on 3/8/2014I booked this restaurant to celebrate my daughter' s birthday, specifically telling them that it was her birthday . And they didnot acknowledge it. She was disappointed and no one wants that. We were going out to have dinner to celebrate her special day. So for that reason alone I would not recommend this restaurant. All the food dishes we ordered were wood grilled which I don't like so be aware of that. We sat inside because it was a bit chilly but the patio is probably the best place to sit.Special Features:
- Nice boating environmentBill77VIPDined on 3/5/2014A nice local spot where you can eat comfort food and watch giant yachts that you cannot afford.Special Features:
- Food was great and the serviceWGuyVIPDined on 3/5/2014Food was great and the service was also, however the beer selection is limited (a 2010 selection of lite beers with only a couple of micro brews)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2014I was very disappointed with several aspects of the $32.95 buffet. The fact that the little shrimp needed to be peeled and the bread tasted like more than 1 day old and they didn't offer any other kind of bread. The server was hardly around and then the establishment added a $10.00 tip is sad. I could never recommend this place. The only saving grace to this place is the pretty dockside view, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to land one of those, even though I had requested said seating. They had made no promise and said it was first come first served. I don't mind that, but, naturally when we were shown our table we passed 1 that looked open to me, but wasn't. Not open tables fault.Special Features:
- It was our first time - wePjbcDined on 3/1/2014It was our first time - we decided to try it to celebrate our adult son's birthday. Food and service was outstanding!! Will definitely return!Special Features:
- Increasing great food on the water!1ReservationFanVIPDined on 3/1/2014We always love this 17th Street restaurant where the bar scene is popular with locals & tourists. The dining room areas & outdoor terrace are both good choices and the food is always delish. Our grilled shrimp & scallops over spaghetti squash was amazing as was the touch of crunchy tempura garnish. Others in our group also ate every bite of the Swordfish. Salads were crisp and the calamari was excellent. Enjoy the live music on Sarurday nights and free valet parking is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulMikeDined on 2/25/2014The restaurant was wonderful, our waitress was exceptional, food was great and the scenery was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bimini Boatyard -Take a passLennyVIPDined on 2/24/2014We opted for outside seating. All tables had umbrellas over them which cut down on the moonlight. extremely dark. Had trouble reading the menu even with the small table candle. I had the blackened salmon which was very good. My daughter had the filet. She was very disappointed so we had to swap. it was tasteless and bland. They also didn't offer steamed broccoli ! Better restaurants with just as good views....won't return !Special Features:
- Enjoyed the restaurantSusanDined on 2/24/2014We like the Bimini Boatyard. Nice menu and nice settingI would recommend this to a friend.
- OK ambiance, good seafood26pt2runnerVIPDined on 2/23/2014We thought the ambiance was lacking - too many hard surfaces and little character. Not terrible, just didn't hit us right given the entree prices. However, none of that mattered as our seafood entrees were quite good. Nicely prepared and cleanly presented. The house salads were bland - iceberg lettuce is gross, and the sweet bread was a gooey sugar bomb. I'd skip the bread - the carb count is already up there without the sugar, and save $4 bucks for a better drink;-) Despite this, we liked th place enough to return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceAaronVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great atmosphere. Very vibrant with an amazing South Florida atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - unresponsive serviceParticularVIPDined on 2/22/2014For fresh fish and seafood, this is the place to go. Our salmon was grilled rara (as ordered) and the black grouper was grilled to a firm but moist doneness. The steamed mussels in a wine broth were plump and large. Recognizing it was a Saturday night in season, our dinner took two hours due to delays in the kitchen. When our main dishes finally arrived, the side dishes were all wrong and we were told that they had run out of asparagus "two hours ago" (before our order was placed). We never recieved the requested additinal salad dressing , and it took several attempts to obtain a spoon. The best bet is to vist during the week after 7:45 PM.Special Features:
- Disappointedjolen0623VIPDined on 2/22/2014We made this reservation WAY in advance and specifically requested outside seating, as we were with out of town guests. When we arrived we were told that we'd have to wait 45 min or so for outside dining. Although the food was good, the prices were high for the type of restaurant that this is. There were not enough choices in the inexpensive-moderate range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disasterLocalVIPDined on 2/20/2014Service was very slow. We ordered drinks, bread, appetizers, salads and entrees. After a long delay, we received drinks, then later bread, then an hour later - entrees. Appetizer and salad courses were totally skipped. One of our guests was even having an appetizer as her main course. The waitress' answer to this problem was "well, I won't CHARGE YOU for the things you didn't get" Wow. We have had good previous experiences at Bimini Boatyard, so we will go back. The general manager did call me the next day so we could talk about this. In retrospect, we may have handled it differently at the time. But we all were hungry and had been waiting a long time so we just wanted to eat something and get out of there.
- Awesome Everytime!!!ChrisDined on 2/16/2014Can't bra the food selection at brunch, the impeccable service, especially waiter Craig and fantastic Songtress, never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18% gratuity added to bill. A bit sgatorrisaDined on 2/16/2014Food excellent and service adequate. But since it's a buffet, does not warrant an 18% tip added to my bill. 15% is more than appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romantic dinner option!ToniDined on 2/15/2014I booked the Bimini Boatyard for my Valentine dinner on Saturday, the place as packed without being over-crowded. Nice atmosphere the food was great. i can't wait to eat there again!Special Features:
- BoatyardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014I met two old friends for dinner. The food was really good and the service was attentive but allowed the conversation to flow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time food wasKaybellaDined on 2/15/2014We had a great time food was great ! Onlything was missing was some musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance nice. Food fair atTruth2dineDined on 2/14/2014Ambiance nice. Food fair at best needs more seasoning too blandSpecial Features:
- Disappointing Service and MealOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014We searched online reviews for a nice spot for Valentine's Dinner. The reviews for this place were good and we arrived in great spirits. From the beginning the service was slow and neglectful. Our waitress would disappear for 10 minutes at a time. We had to wave down other servers when we needed something, and at one point I even got up to find a manager, who rushed past me as I tried to speak to him. When I complained, he told me that there was a "team" waiting on us. The food quality was also disappointing. A MedRare steak was rung up as MedWell. The server never checked back -- so we waved someone down. $160 for 3 people and they wanted to charge us for bread. I have had better service and food at Red Lobster.Special Features:
- Horrible tableLisieVIPDined on 2/12/2014We have been to Bimini countless times over the years. Tonight we were seated by the door leading to the outside seating area. The door was constantly being used by both staff and dining guests. Each time we were hit by the wind and changing climate by the opening of the door. If the server hadn't started our order we would've asked to be moved.Special Features:
- Poor tableHawkeyeDined on 2/10/2014We were a small group of friends who came to dine and have conversation. We were seated next to two large, loud, parties of ten or more. Not a very pleasant evening.
- Sunday BrunchCaseyDined on 2/9/2014I've been coming to Bimini Boatyard for years. It 's a favorite place to take out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to celebrate!KTsankeyDined on 2/9/2014Great spot! Beautiful day to sit outside! The food itself was just ok, but the ambiance defiantly made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Cruise Dining JemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/7/2014Stayed at the Marriott Renaissance Cruise Hotel, a three minute walk to the restaurant. Get there early enough to sit outside and enjoy a terrific meal.Special Features:
- Food is great, except thejroali924Dined on 2/1/2014Food is great, except the bread, too sweet. the 7pm music needs to be change, very boring. Great place for an early evening dinner. (Sunset).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening ReviewBaynanzaDined on 1/31/2014I would definately return to this resturant when I return to FLL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNickDined on 1/25/2014I have been to this restaurant twice in the past 2 years prior to taking cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale Both times the experience was outstanding and I could not wait to go again this year. We were very pleased to get a table outside right by the water. Unfortunately the food turned out to be a big disappointment .All 4 of our party ordered the fish special and found the fish to be hard and the entire serving was cold. One guest sent their food back for heating ;the others did not think it was worth the trouble. The waitress was extremely helpful and offered to exchange the dish , but we declined The management did try to make amends and did not charge us for our desserts Maybe this was just a bad night .Special Features:
- We really enjoyed our firstzoeyDined on 1/24/2014We really enjoyed our first time dining experience at Bimini BoatyardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 1/23/2014The food was very good and prices not bad, but the service was so disorganized. I would not go back.
- Heaters outside would haveLisieVIPDined on 1/23/2014Heaters outside would have been nice as it was a cool evening, but we had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great go to for anytime lunchMicheleVIPDined on 1/22/2014Good place for lunch. Fish lovers go for the mahi. Good burgers. And a nice Cobb salad. They have this incredible Bimini Bread. Filling and addictive if you have a sweetooth. Definitely not the place if you are trying to eat healthy. We had missed lunch waiting for someone whose flight was late at airport. This place was good for a late lunch and you are hungry.Special Features: