1555 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biminiboatyard.com/
- Phone: (954) 525-7400
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH 11:30a - 5:00p Monday – Saturday
DINNER 5:00p - 10:30p Sunday – Thursday and 5:00p - 11:00p Friday & Saturday.
BRUNCH 11:00a - 3:00p Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shipman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boatyard is an ideal location to host your next event, Corporate gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower or a Birthday Party. We have 3 private rooms and an outdoor patio that can accommodate 10 to 500 guests. Our event planner will personally assist you in planning every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Patti Coelho 9545257400
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Friday Nights 5PM to 8PM, Saturday 6PM to 10PM, and Sunday 11AM – 3PM during Brunch.
- Public Transit: Water taxi service available from all major hotels and downtown. Broward County Bus Service Drop off at 17th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking or complimentary valet parking available. Want to come by boat? -- free dockage available for boats up 75' for restaurant customers. Or come by Water Taxi, call 954-467-6677
A word from Bimini Boatyard
In September of 1989, Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill opened its doors in the heart of the Yachting Capital of the World in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. To this day, Bimini Boatyard continues to be Fort Lauderdale's Premier Waterfront Dining Experience, featuring the freshest seafood delivered daily, expertly prepared and infused by our Caribbean Wood-Fired Grill. We have both indoor and outdoor dining, and our waterfront Palm Bar is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon watching the yachts cruise by. We strive for excellence in all facets of our operation, providing superior customer service and food of distinction in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Our Sunday Brunch is not to be missed, featuring a buffet with over 100 items and a Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar. Bimini Boatyard hosts Fort Lauderdale's finest Happy Hour from 4:00pm -8:00pm EVERYDAY. 2011 Overall Winner of NewTimes Pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bimini Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Bimini Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)scenic view (45)good for groups (34)great for lunch (32)special occasion (26)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)kid-friendly (8)notable wine list (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- We went for a late dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2012We went for a late dinner so we missed the happy hour crowd. It is mostly a fish restaurant of Caribbean inspiration and they didn't disappoint. Excellent food and a nice, waterfront atmosphere.Special Features:
- As always, the food, weather,PamCVIPDined on 3/20/2012As always, the food, weather, ambiance and staff were delightful.Special Features:
- Comfortably crowded, great food!MrchanuteDined on 3/18/2012Looking for the 'perfect place' to have dinner in Ft. Lauderdale is a daunting task...mostly because there are so many options. We chose Bimini Boatyard as we were staying at the Hyatt Pier 66, and the Bimini Boatyard was a short walk over the intercoastal waterway bridge. We were very happy to find a comfortable crowd, great food (including awesome conch fritters. Tucked away in the back of a shopping center, it suprised us to find a fun outdoor deck with water views, excellent bar service, and good table service. We were not disappointed, and will go back again some day.Special Features:
- I showed up on Sunday morningJGSantaFeVIPDined on 3/18/2012I showed up on Sunday morning not knowing I'd have to order the brunch buffet. I'm not a big fan of either buffets or enormous brunches, but there was obviously plenty to eat. Sitting outdoors with a view of the water was great. Inside felt like combination of Carnival Cruise and Chuck E. Cheese's, at least on the day I was there.Special Features:
- Not so good...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2012The Bimini bread is good but the big chunks of the un-melted sugar were inedible. We paid 12.00 for coconut shrimp appetizer and it arrived with 3 shrimp. Never have seen that before. The filet of beef was cooked perfectly and very tasty, but both grilled fish dishes were over-grilled,tough and dry. We had to keep asking for ice tea refills, and that was with one waiter and one trainee. Key Lime pie was excellent. I would not go back, there are other restaurants that pay more attention to the customer and to the fish on the grill.Special Features:
- We were meeting friends stayingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2012We were meeting friends staying one night in the area and chose this place for its proximity. Checked out their website's menu, so wasn't surprised as to what to expect. It was just okay. It's outdoor eating area has a nice setting for tourists. The food was reasonable for the type of establishment. Service was fine on our visit. We were seated promptly, but it was a Tuesday night. I don't live in the area, so don't plan on a return visit.Special Features:
- The Florida Stone crabs areOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/13/2012The Florida Stone crabs are one of the best I ever had!Special Features:
- The waitress was not havingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012The waitress was not having a great night while we were there. However, I loved the outdoor seating. The fish was a little oily, but still enjoyable. I would dine there again.Special Features:
- We arrived on time for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012We arrived on time for our reservation and were offered an outdoor table if we agreed to wait 15 minutes. We agreed and were given a lovely table- the waiter was attentive and informative We ordered fish and were offered two sides- the four dishes arrived and all of the side veggies were cold and over cooked- we informed the waiter and he returnded them to the kitchen- the food was returned in a few minutes with more overcooked and cold veggies -but this time the fish was overcooked We informed the manager on our way out and he said it was too bad he could not make it up to us very disappointing -this restaurant needs a lesson on customer satisfaction mamangementSpecial Features:
- Outdoor Delight!eatoutkingDined on 3/9/2012Great for early evening dinner outside. Seafood is very good and top it off with the Bimini bread.Special Features:
- greeters and staff seemedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/3/2012greeters and staff seemed very disorganizeed with guest seating etc. we arrived prior to our reservations and they advised our table will be ready for 8pm. we never got seated until 8:28pm after requesting to see Barry, mgr. honestly believe they had a rush for walkin clients and gave our table away.Special Features:
- don't go for the food unlesslinnieVIPDined on 3/1/2012don't go for the food unless u really want to clog your arteries! all fried stuff....
- We went here when we stayedGrouchoVIPDined on 2/25/2012We went here when we stayed at the next door Rennaissance hotel. Wasn't expecting too much, just needed dinner before our cruise the next day. But WOW it was great! Very friendly service, nice menu, not too pricey. Great cocktails (Patron margarita is awesome). Food was very good too. You must try the key lime pie. I HATE key lime pie and this was to die for. Coconut shrimp was great as was the skirt steak with chimmichurri. The whole place has a very relaxing South Beach kind of vibe. Wish I was in Florida so I could go back!!!
- We requested a special tableCPdinerVIPDined on 2/25/2012We requested a special table for a birthday celebration. Didn't get it. They totally disregarded our requests put into the comments section on our reservation.
- Great ambience and our waiterCrazyaboutCrazyVIPDined on 2/24/2012Great ambience and our waiter was great but the kitchen was slow. Stone crabs were just OK. Worth a try.Special Features:
- I was excited to try BiminiAdamDined on 2/24/2012I was excited to try Bimini Boatyard because it seemed to be one of the few seafood restaurants in the area that (1) had a view, (2) was reasonably priced, and (3) was not a dive. I generally enjoyed the food, but the service was much less than I had hoped for given the restaurant's setting, impressive building, and reputation. To start with, the drink specials advertised in the drink menu were "no longer available." The waiter then recommended the calamari and said, "So good. I'll order you one." We barely caught him in time to say no, we don't want any calamari. The food itself was well-prepared, if a little bland. Annoyingly, a passing waterboy kept slamming his pitcher into a plate on a table behind us. All in all, I wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Although our group was relativelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2012Although our group was relatively large (10), the server handled it pretty well. Most were visitors to Florida and were loving sitting outside on the water watching some of the really big yachts up and down the canal. Just about everyone in the group ordered fish--some daily specials and some chef menu specials--and all the fish was cooked extremely well and was tasty.Special Features:
- nice scenery...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2012Went here for brunch with my two kids ages 4 and 5 yrs old. We ate outside and the scenery was beautiful. My waitress on the other hand was a little short and impatient. She expected me to know what i wanted to order, knowing we just arrived was just ordering drinks. I asked her to give me some time please. Beyond the rush to order feeling, the restaurant overall really is a nice place to eat.Special Features:
- Our fingers crossed, we'll be back!JanabelleVIPDined on 2/19/2012Big restaurant and our initial reaction was uh-oh, way too big and too touristy - but ultimately the outcome was a great evening and dinner! We hope this nice Fort Lauderdale surprise stays consistent and special! Management take note...winner here, but we can see how it could become more of a "trap" for the cruise ship players than a destination for anyone else. We hope not and we plan to be back in a couple weeks!
- Great setting ok food poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Ambiance/setting great.Menu looked great.Food was ok but should have been better.BIG problem was the service.We reserved on line for a table outside.Website made it look confirmed.When we arrived on time we were told that outside tables were first come first serve and we had to wait THIRTY minutes.Further, the hostess did not even apologize and acted as if she did not care.Then, the waitress generally had a poor attitude. When one of our party asked what came with the entree, the waitress said "its on the menu" (if it was it was not clear) and acted like she was put out when she had to explain.When the food showed up the waitress was not around & we had no utensils.We asked and the busboy brought forks (no knife spoon or even napkin).Special Features:
- The food was cold and thePhilly4FoodVIPDined on 2/17/2012The food was cold and the service was very poor. Crab cakes were warm on the outide and cold (frozen?)on the inside. Rather than have the waiter apologize for forgetting salad dressing,ice tea refills, etc., he should have stopped over to find out if everything was okay. He could not be found to pay for the dinner after the check was left at our table. Another member of the wait staff had to take the credit card.
- Was hoping for a special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Was hoping for a special evening for Valentines since they were offering a V-Day special....but not even a candle on the table was lit or red heart anywhere but the hostess table! Very disappointed!Special Features:
- We had a very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We had a very good experience at Bimini Boatyard. Our waiter was courteous and very knowledgeable about the menu items when we asked questions. Each of us ordered a different entree and we were all very satisfied with the presentation on the plate, portion size, and most importantly the flavor. We would definitely go back and recommend it to friends/family.Special Features:
- It seemed like it was goingRoseDined on 2/14/2012It seemed like it was going to be disappointing as the outdoor seating we had requested in our reservation 2 weeks prior was full and we were seated inside. Then, a Valentine Special that was on the internet was not available and they had one much less appealing. But, our waitress was wonderful and attentive and made some wonderful recommendations. We started with a glass of wine each along with raw oysters and calamari, which were both outstanding dishes. I had the crab cakes and my husband had a snapper dinner with spinach and potatoes - both were generous portions and the food was delicious. We shared a key lime dessert and espresso to end a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012Food was great. Service was fair. Seated by hostess then ignored for the next 20 minutes. Restaurant was not that busy. I could see wait staff standing by the kitchen talking. Other patrons that had been seated after us were already getting drinks and appitizers. After 20 minutes of no service after being seated had to ask a waitress serving another table if we could get some water. Different waiter finally showed up. Service was good during the dinner after the waiter for our table finally showed up.Special Features:
- The food was very good, butymcebsVIPDined on 2/11/2012The food was very good, but they ran out of rice, and the oysters on a half shell weren't chilled. Since we are all healthy, i assume they were fine :) Overall, nice place, good food.
- We ate dinner here the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012We ate dinner here the evening before departing on a cruise. The meal was excellent. The service started out fantastic but as the night wore on and our server had more tables the service slowed down a bit. No problem for us as the only thing we had on our schedule that evening was dinner. Great food and a festive atmosphere! EnjoyedSpecial Features:
- An all around good deal forMrSmithGoesToBiminiDined on 2/4/2012An all around good deal for food, location, & ambiance. Allow time for your meal as with many popular restaurants, service can a bit slow at time. Although generally worth the time. We will go back again!Special Features:
- excellent,our go to placePOJODined on 2/4/2012excellent,our go to place for good everything. consistincy.Special Features:
- If I wanted food that tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/3/2012If I wanted food that tasted like it had come from a freezer and with that classic heated in a microwave smell, I could have stayed home....awful experience.
- Food is average, locationenjoygoodfoodDined on 1/28/2012Food is average, location and view is great, service was fair this night.Special Features:
- Just ok food...priceySamiDined on 1/27/2012Disappointed with food. The seafood was ok. Certainly not worth the price.... Only thing this place has going for it is the Outside dining ...... beautiful view.Special Features:
- We sat outside on the deckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2012We sat outside on the deck overlooking the canal and boats at candlelight. Lovely, casual- sorts were fine. Their ribs were terrific- meaty, smoky, great sauce! Their black grouper was also terrific.Special Features:
- I dine at Bimini often. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2012I dine at Bimini often. The food is excellent, the fish is fresh and for the most part the Servers do a great job. I occasionally sit at the bar for informal dining yet the Bartenders give great service. A great spot to bring out of town guests especially for the Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Upon Arrival for my ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2012Upon Arrival for my Reservation at 7:30pm we didn't get seated until 8:15pm. We inquired a couple of times about the reservation and they replied that the people were still at their table. My suggestion for them is that when you have a reservation at a certain time you shouldn't be seating people at that table. When we sat down, the Manager was very unprofessional and said that our reservation was for 8:00pm. He yelled at us saying that our reservation was for 8:00pm instead of 7:30pm. We had to correct him. We inquired about Happy Hour drinks being served till 8:00pm and the manager said that it was only if you were at the Bar. What does a Bottle of Wine for $5.95 cost to smooth things over. I could go on. We were a party of 6.
- We were a party of three.tchessVIPDined on 1/20/2012We were a party of three. We sat down and waited for 15 minutes to meet our waitor. We ordered a diet coke. After 15 minutes when it still had not arrived we left the restaurant. The neighboring table said that the service was terrible and that they were ignored. We did not want to wait to be totally disappointed.
- noisy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012We found the restaurant to be very average......extremely noisy. Difficult to converse with table mates. Service was poor and waiter seemed new to the job. Other staff had to pick up his slack and help him get his orders out. Food on a scale of 1-10 was a 5 at best.Had a headache by the time we left. We would not go back.Special Features:
- We dined prior to a show atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2012We dined prior to a show at The Broward Center of the Arts. Food was really good! Sat outside on the patio, was great night for sitting outside. Really enjoyed our dinner! Calamari was delicious as we're our entrees, both of us had fish. Recommend eating here if you've never been, you will not be disapponinted.Special Features:
- We have been going to BiminiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/10/2012We have been going to Bimini Boatyard for the past 20 yrs. This will probably be the last time. We were very dissapointed with the food. We sat outside which is beautiful but the waitress felt the need to bring out her broom and start sweeping around us. Definitely not the Bimini we used to enjoy!
- Disappointed mainly in the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2012We went in the evening when it was dark outside expecting a water view. The hostess asked if we wanted a booth or a table and when I asked what was the difference, she looked at me like I had three heads. There was no room on the outside deck overlooking the water and both place where she sat us were disappointing from a view standpoint. From the inside of the restaurant it is hard to see outside as the partitions are high. The noise level was very high with the vaulted ceiling.