1555 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.biminiboatyard.com/
- Phone: 9545257400
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH 11:30a - 5:00p Monday – Saturday
DINNER 5:00p - 10:30p Sunday – Thursday and 5:00p - 11:00p Friday & Saturday.
BRUNCH 11:00a - 3:00p Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Shipman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Boatyard is an ideal location to host your next event, Corporate gathering, Baby Shower, Bridal Shower or a Birthday Party. We have 3 private rooms and an outdoor patio that can accommodate 10 to 500 guests. Our event planner will personally assist you in planning every detail.
- Private Party Contact: Patti Coelho 9545257400
- Entertainment: LIVE MUSIC on Friday Nights 5PM to 8PM, Saturday 6PM to 10PM, and Sunday 11AM – 3PM during Brunch.
- Public Transit: Water taxi service available from all major hotels and downtown. Broward County Bus Service Drop off at 17th Street
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Self parking or complimentary valet parking available. Want to come by boat? -- free dockage available for boats up 75' for restaurant customers. Or come by Water Taxi, call 954-467-6677
A word from Bimini Boatyard
In September of 1989, Bimini Boatyard Bar & Grill opened its doors in the heart of the Yachting Capital of the World in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. To this day, Bimini Boatyard continues to be Fort Lauderdale's Premier Waterfront Dining Experience, featuring the freshest seafood delivered daily, expertly prepared and infused by our Caribbean Wood-Fired Grill. We have both indoor and outdoor dining, and our waterfront Palm Bar is the perfect place to enjoy an afternoon watching the yachts cruise by. We strive for excellence in all facets of our operation, providing superior customer service and food of distinction in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Our Sunday Brunch is not to be missed, featuring a buffet with over 100 items and a Make-Your-Own Bloody Mary Bar. Bimini Boatyard hosts Fort Lauderdale's finest Happy Hour from 4:00pm -8:00pm EVERYDAY. 2011 Overall Winner of NewTimes Pairings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Bimini Boatyard - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Bimini Boatyard reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)scenic view (51)good for groups (31)special occasion (26)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (19)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (14)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)notable wine list (6)Show More
- An all around good deal forMrSmithGoesToBiminiDined on 2/4/2012An all around good deal for food, location, & ambiance. Allow time for your meal as with many popular restaurants, service can a bit slow at time. Although generally worth the time. We will go back again!Special Features:
- excellent,our go to placePOJODined on 2/4/2012excellent,our go to place for good everything. consistincy.Special Features:
- If I wanted food that tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/3/2012If I wanted food that tasted like it had come from a freezer and with that classic heated in a microwave smell, I could have stayed home....awful experience.
- Food is average, locationenjoygoodfoodDined on 1/28/2012Food is average, location and view is great, service was fair this night.Special Features:
- Just ok food...priceySamiDined on 1/27/2012Disappointed with food. The seafood was ok. Certainly not worth the price.... Only thing this place has going for it is the Outside dining ...... beautiful view.Special Features:
- We sat outside on the deckOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2012We sat outside on the deck overlooking the canal and boats at candlelight. Lovely, casual- sorts were fine. Their ribs were terrific- meaty, smoky, great sauce! Their black grouper was also terrific.Special Features:
- I dine at Bimini often. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/25/2012I dine at Bimini often. The food is excellent, the fish is fresh and for the most part the Servers do a great job. I occasionally sit at the bar for informal dining yet the Bartenders give great service. A great spot to bring out of town guests especially for the Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- Upon Arrival for my ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/21/2012Upon Arrival for my Reservation at 7:30pm we didn't get seated until 8:15pm. We inquired a couple of times about the reservation and they replied that the people were still at their table. My suggestion for them is that when you have a reservation at a certain time you shouldn't be seating people at that table. When we sat down, the Manager was very unprofessional and said that our reservation was for 8:00pm. He yelled at us saying that our reservation was for 8:00pm instead of 7:30pm. We had to correct him. We inquired about Happy Hour drinks being served till 8:00pm and the manager said that it was only if you were at the Bar. What does a Bottle of Wine for $5.95 cost to smooth things over. I could go on. We were a party of 6.
- We were a party of three.tchessVIPDined on 1/20/2012We were a party of three. We sat down and waited for 15 minutes to meet our waitor. We ordered a diet coke. After 15 minutes when it still had not arrived we left the restaurant. The neighboring table said that the service was terrible and that they were ignored. We did not want to wait to be totally disappointed.
- noisy restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012We found the restaurant to be very average......extremely noisy. Difficult to converse with table mates. Service was poor and waiter seemed new to the job. Other staff had to pick up his slack and help him get his orders out. Food on a scale of 1-10 was a 5 at best.Had a headache by the time we left. We would not go back.Special Features:
- We dined prior to a show atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2012We dined prior to a show at The Broward Center of the Arts. Food was really good! Sat outside on the patio, was great night for sitting outside. Really enjoyed our dinner! Calamari was delicious as we're our entrees, both of us had fish. Recommend eating here if you've never been, you will not be disapponinted.Special Features:
- We have been going to BiminiOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/10/2012We have been going to Bimini Boatyard for the past 20 yrs. This will probably be the last time. We were very dissapointed with the food. We sat outside which is beautiful but the waitress felt the need to bring out her broom and start sweeping around us. Definitely not the Bimini we used to enjoy!
- Disappointed mainly in the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2012We went in the evening when it was dark outside expecting a water view. The hostess asked if we wanted a booth or a table and when I asked what was the difference, she looked at me like I had three heads. There was no room on the outside deck overlooking the water and both place where she sat us were disappointing from a view standpoint. From the inside of the restaurant it is hard to see outside as the partitions are high. The noise level was very high with the vaulted ceiling.
- Bimini Boatyard has long beenOlinecVIPDined on 1/7/2012Bimini Boatyard has long been a great place for tourists to enjoy waterfront dining and residents to remember why they live in Florida. Now with a new chef and new menu, there are even more reasons to come here. Fish tacos are sublime. The cobb salad loaded with goodies and the hamburger reliable.Special Features:
- The service and ambiance wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2012The service and ambiance was incomparable. My fiance and I had a truly memorable night and decided quickly to make Bimini a regular spot for us to get away and enjoy great food and views. Thank you for accomodating our last minute reservations and the great service and delectible menu items.Special Features:
- Excellent Sunday Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/1/2012This is the first time I have tried the brunch here and I have to say I was definitely impressed! We sat outside and enjoyed the live band. It was a perfect afternoon and the weather couldn't have been any better. We didn't even realize we had been there for approximately 3 1/2 hours! We will be back for brunch again soon!Special Features:
- From a fanByH2ODined on 12/30/2011The outside patio is delightful. The whole restaurant has a vibrant feel. They have terrific, varied seafood options. We went on a Friday night with a great guitar player who added to the evening. Our waiter was very friendly and skilled. Have been there before and will go again; prices are moderate.Special Features:
- When no where else has availabilityOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/29/2011Just okay. Prices are on the high side. Food is average. It smells very old and musty in there and looks like an old keys hotel room decorator was in charge of the decor. The key lime pie is excellent.Special Features:
- Good restaurantyu4ickDined on 12/29/2011Had a great dinner here. The food was excellent and the service was also top-notchSpecial Features:
- The service was rushed, placeOttawaFoodieDined on 12/28/2011The service was rushed, place was very noisy. Was encouraged to order their signature bread at $4 an order, basically an undercooked loaf of sugar covered and sugar icing filled doughnut dough. Not for us. Food was ok, big portions.
- BiminiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011We sat outside, cause it was a cool night. The base of the umbrella was so large that you actually had to lift your leg up to go over it and get comfortable, or push your chair from away from the table. The food wasnt worth the cost. The food was VERY SLOW to arrive to the table.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/14/2011The food and service were very good. Contrary to some reviews we read. The portions are generous and dishes made perfect.Special Features:
- Late night arrival from Ft.DFC25VIPDined on 12/6/2011Late night arrival from Ft. Lauderdale airport. used Open Table for reservation. We chose the outside dining experience. The Pomano and mahi were excellent. Nice presentation. Carrie looked after our needs professionally. Because of the late hour, our vision had to adapt to the night, and we were surprised that the three story condo next door was really a mega yacht!Special Features:
- Good happy 3 hour! DrinksPaulJDined on 12/3/2011Good happy 3 hour! Drinks AND bar eats - 2 wines, 1 beer and crispy calaqmari (equal to the best ever). FRESH swordfish - never tasted as good.Special Features: