286 Maple Ave
Barrington, RI 02806Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billysllc.com/
- Phone: 4012892888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Our staff is here to provide you with a special dining experience that keeps you coming back again and again. We would be happy to host your next special event. Please contact us for more details.
- Private Party Contact: Peter 4012892888
A word from Billy's
Bill Dessel had a vision of what was needed in the East Bay area: the ultimate American bistro/tavern. With the support of family and friends, Billy’s opened its doors in April, 2009. Billy’s is committed to providing its guests the highest quality at affordable prices. Nothing on the menu is over $20! Billy’s uses superior meats and seafood, provided by Kinnealey Meats and Foley Fish, and the freshest local produce. Whether you are enjoying the famous Billy Burger, sautéed calamari or mouth-watering pasta, you can taste the difference. We also provide our guests with an extensive, eclectic mix of beers and wines, carefully selected for novice and connoisseur alike.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Billy's - Best Restaurants in Barrington ›
Billy's reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (7)good for groups (6)special occasion (6)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Pleasantly surprised!Marianne02906Dined on 9/4/2014This was my first time at Billy's and it was delicious. The burger was recommended and it did not disappoint. Other wonderful dinner choices on the menu too. Waitress was great. Going back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, pretty quietAiredaleVIPDined on 8/30/2014Was Labor Day weekend and expected more of a crowd. Through dinner the place never completely filled up. Bar had a good crowd, but the rest of the place had a mix of families, couples and all age groups. Overall, food was as good as ever. If you haven't been, it's worth going and you likely won't be disappointed. If you have gone, then it remains the same which is both good and bad. Food quality, presentation and service remain the same as it always has been. But, bearing that in mind, you know what they have to offer and you likely aren't going to be wowed with any out of the box offering. Good reliable place with good food at a reasonable (getting a little more expensive?) price.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Delicious food, accommodating and polite staff, served in a timely manner, had the best burger I've ever had will return to try other thingsSpecial Features:
- Great family restaurantmarilVIPDined on 8/5/2014We love to come here with our family. There is always something for the children to eat and we love the hamburgers, onion rings and calamari as well as the entrees and salads.Special Features:
- rosemarierosemarieDined on 7/18/2014I had salmon atop a salad which was good but wasn't one of my better meals there. The dry martini was excellent! Nice ambience, lively but not overly noisy. I've always found the service to be efficient and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surprise.EasydoesitDined on 7/11/2014Almost drove away because of its location but stepped inside and was immediately transported to a pleasant ambiance and dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We really enjoyed our evening at Billy's. Our table was ready when we arrived so there was no waiting to get seated. The waitress that we were served by was very nice and friendly without being intrusive. Our table was attended to by a young man who made sure our water glasses were full. We were able to sit and chat after dinner and there was no rush to get us out of the table for the next group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 87 reviews are from the Billy's reviews archive.
- Good Spot!MrsPrestonHollowVIPDined on 6/22/2014When friends were in town, we suggested a Sunday dinner at Billy's. We really enjoyed our evening. We were greeted promptly, sat in the bar. The wine list was very good as was the service. We all opted for the specials, my Salmon was ample and very well prepared. Our guests had seafood specials and fried clams. I would love to recommend this restaurant to others. It is intimate, hip, fun and the food is very good.Special Features:
- Great BurgersDinerVIPDined on 5/27/2014Billy's offers a great menu for lunch and dinner and everything we've tried we've enjoyed, but we have trouble getting beyond the burgers - especially their Marsala Burger. A great burger served on a Portuguese sweet bread roll and topped with mushrooms sautéed in Marsala wine and provolone cheese! Off the beaten path, but truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Bistro!BobthebuilderVIPDined on 5/9/2014This was on second trip to Billy's from nearby Mass. We started with humus platter with warm pita bread (very good) I had pan seared salmon with vegetables and wife the burger with horseradish sauce and sweet potatoe fries. Both were great!Special Features:
- RolandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Hard to find, but well worth it. Food is wonderful. Service is great. The bar Is lively and tends to be loud and makes it difficult to have a conversation at a table close to it. Billy's is still my favorite restaurant within 30 miles. I just ask to sit in the dinning room when I want to romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great burger place that offers a lot more! We didn't expect such a versatile menu.we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service could have been betterDisappointedDined on 4/19/2014Appetizers very good. Entrees: steak frites very good, salad with scallops was poor (4 scallops for the extra $11 seems a bit steep), baked cod was good. Service was poor; we had to wait for water, the bottle of wine ordered with the entrees did not arrive until the entrees were close to being finished. It was disappointing since we had guests. Our previous experience was better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014Our second visit was even better than the first. We traveled about 40 minutes to meet another couple halfway - both times. The second visit was at our suggestion to a different couple who frequent nice restaurants. They were impressed at the menu selection as well as ambiance and service. The food was even more impressive. The Keel vodka shrimp was delicious as was the swordfish special, eggplant parm and hamburger marsala on Portuguese muffin. Only complaint would be a rather chewy calamari appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night!TheBusyBeeDined on 2/14/2014We have eaten at Billy's several times before and it always delivers good quality food and drinks. It's great to have the menu option of a sandwich or a full entree, depending on your mood or appetite. I usually order one of the martini specials and they're always delicious! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DinnerKamaralDined on 2/14/2014We had a nice Valentine's Day dinner at Billy's with another couple. The food was delicious. I had the veal stroganoff and it was even better than I anticipated. The veal was tender and the sauce was impeccable. My co-diners had Seafood Fra Diavlo, Chicken Parmesan and Lobster Macaroni and cheese and all were happy with their selections. Our waitress and the bus staff were very attentive and friendly; our water glasses were filled throughout the meal and dishes were cleared as we finished each course. My only complaint would be that the noise level in the restaurant made it difficult to hear at our table. I would recommend Billy's to anyone looking for a good meal with sizeable portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What I ate was greatFoodi8Dined on 2/14/2014Billys was very good with a few bumps. The food was delicious. I highly recommend the friend calamari as an appetizer! The service was very slow. Sometimes it was nice because you didn't feel rushed at all but other times I was ready to order. We also had to ask for bread and for sauce for the calamari. We also we're sat in the corner and I was frozen because the door kept swaying open when people were entering and leaving. Overall the food was great and the people were nice but they didn't follow through all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner was perfect. The waiter, Alex did a great job taking care of us. Made nice recommendations and made sure we always had a drink if we needed it. I have been a few times before and will definitely be going many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2014Billy's has become part of our normal dining out routine. Like an old friend you can always count on, they never fail to deliver a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterJoJoFrank4Dined on 1/17/2014I was referred to Billy's from a good friend that went there for burgers and chowder. Probably what I should have ordered this night. Unfortunately we did not and my expectations were not what met We went with a party of four. Two of us had the baked seafood. A shore dinner dish with sole shrimp and scallops. Portion was not that great. All of the fish in the dish was tasteless. Almost watery. The other fish dish was the cod and that was the same. No taste. The other two dishes were fair. Now for the good. The salad was very good. Fresh and chilled nicely. The veggies, green beans and spinach were very very good. Cooked and spiced just right. I will go back to Billy's again. But for the chowder and hamburgers.
- Risotto was to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Billy's is small but packs a punch. Meals are prepared with care, my salmon was cooked perfectly. The wait staff is friendly and attentive. The specialty burgers are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the swordfish specialMauraDined on 12/13/2013Had the swordfish special - with risotto and asparagus....so yummy! great staff too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great meal - i choseMauraDined on 11/15/2013Had a great meal - i chose the lobster roll special, my brother the baked cod, and my son the hot dog! everyone enjoyed their meals immensly. The servers are great - especially with kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very goodJerffDined on 11/8/2013Billy's, like any restaurant, has down nights. Our recent visit was one such. However: even on a down night Billy's is significantly better than most. It was very busy, backed up, & the kitchen wasn't up to their usual level of excellence ... so my ratings are just "very good." Not excellent. Any 12 previous ratings would have been excellent across the board. Note that this is about the worst evening I've ever had in a restaurant I visit about twice a month for at least the last two years. It's not a foodie restaurant -- the menu is fairly constant, relying on dishes that feed the soul & body rather than the ego & today's mercurial trends. Good for them, says I. And I'll be back next week, anticipating the excellence I'm used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice rangeJennDined on 11/8/2013Billy's menu has a nice range of options (from great sandwiches to excellent entrees). It is great for kids but adults still get an excellent meal and a nice drink list. The fries (especially the sweet potato fries) are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed, againdiggingdinnerDined on 8/31/2013This was my second visit to Billy's--giving it another try after a not-so-good first experience (very slow service and so-so food). I was equally disappointed second time around. Clam chowder was good but we waited for awhile for our burgers. When they finally arrived, my order of a Marsala mushroom burger was missing the mushrooms and the burger (ordered medium) was dry and tasteless. Service was slow again and aside from the water boy, not very attentive.
- Convivial evening.rosemarieDined on 8/24/2013Five of us had dinner on a Saturday evening before going to 2nd Story Theatre and each of us thought the food was very good and we had an all-in-all pleasant experience at BIlly's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced!CasualDinerDined on 8/9/2013Simply put the menu prices are ridiculous. The pasta dishes looked more like soup than a bed of pasta, and the flavor was bland. I waw hoping for a pittle gem but found a little bit of pretentiousness in Barrington. Surprise Surprise
- Wonderful experienceMammieDined on 8/1/2013Great food.... Friendly staff..... We had a really nice experience.... Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time thereBabeDined on 7/27/2013It was our first time there and we both found it very romantic, yet, family friendly. We will definitely tell our family and friends. We could not say enough good things about the staff and the food !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Winner!PaulaBDined on 7/26/2013You can't beat Billy's for the food. From hamburgers to Italian dishes to steak and seafood, it's all fresh and done well. Drawbacks: the place is small and the noise level can get somewhat high. Also, some of the specials can be a bit pricey. Make a reservation if you plan to eat early on a weekend night, it gets pretty crowded!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Billy's Bistro BestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013Wonderful menu with spectrum of choices, affordable and delicious, with a warmly neighborhood atmosphere,, in an off-the-beaten-track location. Don't miss the desserts, especially the famously succulent carrot cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I just wish they would upgradeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013I just wish they would upgrade the quality of the Filet Mignon . Tim our server was excellent and my husband had the clams, excellent choice. This restaurant has improved since our last visit which makes us want to continue to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for 4 adults get-together.SailorDined on 6/11/2013Good for 4 adults get-together. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Another gem found on the EastButterDined on 6/7/2013Another gem found on the East Bay!!!!! Small but comfortable and the Burgers are def worth the drive for!!Special Features:
- Seafood Fra Diavolo....Excellent!kpwatchDined on 6/7/2013A rainy Friday night, and we wanted to eat out without traveling far. Of course... Billy's!! Delightfully spicy fra diavolo that was packed with calamari, shrimp, mussels and clams, on a bed of linguine. The serving was too big to finish. And the service was superb. I'm already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2013The salad with salmon was very tasty, wine good and the service was very good. I like to go to Billy's whenever I have the chance:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday dinner with friendsTonya46Dined on 5/18/2013Billy's has great food, especially sandwiches. Burger are outstanding. Fish sandwich is best around. Had reservation sited immediately.Special Features:
- go figureverypickyDined on 5/12/2013Absolutely wonderful experience! Friendly & accomodating staff.Great food & atmosphere. Looking forward to another meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemJerffDined on 4/19/2013Consistently first rate, fresh & well cooked food. The service is always good, even when it gets a bit crazy. This is a local place that's usually packed & we visit often because the food is so consistently great, the menu choices are nicely spread out and specials are usually just that -- special. Hard to say what's best -- the lobster salad sandwich is special, the Marsala burger is a legend, salads are always crisp & fresh, seafood aslo always fresh & cooked perfectly. Don't come for the view, however: it's a smallish space that can get a little claustrophobic. You'll be busy eating, anyway so the interior decor -- which, if not elegant, is perfectly fine -- fades rather quickly.Special Features: