102 Market St.
Roanoke, VA 24011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billysroanoke.com/
- Phone: 5402063353
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 - 10:00pm, 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tyler Mason
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Billy's offers two private dining spaces. The Boardroom seats about 25-30 people and is great for business meetings, small birthday celebrations, graduation dinners, retirement parties and much more. It is a lovely room full of windows with a great view of downtown Roanoke. It also includes a large flat screen TV perfect for any slideshow or video presentation. The second option is the Ritz Room which is great for any large celebration. It holds around 100 people for a sit down dinner and up to 200 people for a standing cocktail party. The Boardroom is now available and the Ritz Room will be opening shortly! Please call for more details and to book your event today!
- Private Party Contact: Lauren File or Colin Jones 5402063353
A word from Billy's Roanoke
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Billy's Roanoke - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Billy's Roanoke reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (18)fit for foodies (15)romantic (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- A keepertabletalkDined on 8/24/2014Great drinks,food and service. Menu ranges from super sandwich to gourmet dishes. Whatever you feel like, snack to full gourmet spread, you'll enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sososoDined on 8/22/2014The service was excellent but,.just as the last time we tried it, we were disappointed in the food quality and portions for the price. Cocktails were good.Special Features:
- Very Good....ButJENJRDined on 8/16/2014Our group of 4 enjoyed our dinner experience. Food was very good but pricey. Our server Sarah D was outstanding. One of the bartenders struggled with what a cold gin martini meant. The martini had a strong after taste the first time. Another bartender fixed our second try and got it cold but still a strong after taste that should not have been there. I suspect the shaker was not adequately rinsed between drink orders or vermouth was added when we specifically asked for no vermouth. Very noisy in the front dining area. If you want more quiet, ask for a table in the back area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant1234Dined on 7/26/2014Food was delicious and service was great! The atmosphere was quiet and romantic. Deff a good spot for a special ocassionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in Roanokebear2239Dined on 7/26/2014The filet mignon is outstanding. The blue cheese on top was a nice touch.Special Features:
- very friendly but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014The food was excellent and the choices all sounded amazing. The waitress was extremely friendly and engaging but it took us just about an hour to get our bread and appetizer.
- Recent Dinner2foodanddrinkDined on 7/25/2014Recently went to dinner with a party of 7 on a Friday. Excellent service and very good cuisine at a price that is reasonable for what you get. Many of us had fish entrees and the fish was extremely fresh. Good wine list, but too expensive. Fairly good choice of tap beers at a more reasonable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLouweelimDined on 7/22/2014The food was alright but the service was great. They have a good selection of desserts. The chocolate torte had a good presentation and it was also delicious. Their prime rib is so big that you would need a To Go box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This place is awesome. Great food. Great service. Great people watching. It has it allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was very good but lacked some creativity in presentation. The service was good but it was somewhat slow for a restaurant that was less than packed. The dessert was the only disappointment in the evening. The cheesecake was tiny and lacked flavor. The atmosphere was very nice in appearance but the noise level was loud for a dinning experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful ServiceAnnRDined on 7/10/2014Pleasant atmosphere and comfortable ambiance plus great service. The food was good but only had salads this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceSaintDined on 7/3/2014The sound level was a little too high, but the quality of the food, wine and service made it a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Made reservations on line on the day my wife and I decided to go down town to eat. We got there and our choice of seating was no what we requested. The hostess listened to our concerns and was able to get us what we wanted. Great evening from all the staff and meal was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 6/28/2014We have dined at Billy's many times before and we are never disappointed!Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchalwvtDined on 6/15/2014My family went to Billy's for Father's Day Brunch. It was our first time eating here. Ashley, our waitress was awesome. Very nice and informative about the menu. It did seem like the food took a little longer than expected, as the restaurant didn't seem that busy at the time. However, the food was delicious and I'd love to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cfudlovrDined on 6/12/2014The food is excellent! The crab cakes and lobster Alfredo were incredible, and we split a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake--home made and delectable. Staff was attentive, helpful, and friendly. Best food we've had in Roanoke in some time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lunchtime treatstarvalleyguyDined on 6/10/2014Our last-minute reservation change was handled graciously and without issue. At a noontime working lunch, the restaurant was packed and service, as a result, was a bit leisurely, but no one in our party of five complained. Salads, wraps and sandwiches were exceptional as always, although one of us thought the chicken wrap was a little dry. A request for additional chipotle mayo was fulfilled promptly. Food at Billy's is consistently first rate and service is, more times than not, very good. You can't go wrong with this choice at lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- DissappointingCBnVBDined on 6/7/2014We were hoping for a great dining experience, but our visit feel short of that. Billie's is more of a bar than a good food place. Them drinks were weak, the food was mediocre and the service was poor, plus they weren't busy. Enough said.
- Wonderful!!ooweeDined on 6/7/2014The hostess and waiter went out of their way to ensure we have a wonderful time, celebrating my wife's birthday. The food was phenomenol. Highly recommend for any special, intimate occassion or having a great meal.Special Features:
- Dependably goodHokieDined on 6/6/2014My crab cake meal was excellent. My husband's salad was just what he likes and the bread was wonderful. He enjoyed his Monk fish special except for a small portion where it seemed a membrane or something should have been removed before cooking. Our waiter helped me select the best of two glasses of wine - clearly understanding his offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicestarvalleyguyDined on 6/3/2014Billy's is one of those places you can rely on for a consistently good meal time after time. The food is very good, the service refreshingly attentive, and the ambiance casual, but not in a sports-bar sense. It's an upscale crowd, but never stuffy. Our party ordered lamb chops and crab cakes, both cooked to perfection. Portion sizes were generous and food quality top-notch, but we note the quantity of food one receives varies widely from visit to visit. On this occasion my crab cakes were small, but garnished with a huge mound of cheddar potatoes. On a previous visit it was just the opposite. No complaint, just an observation. Billy's is always a sure bet for a great dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!readyfordinnerDined on 5/29/2014The menu choice was top level. The meal was great and the service was fantastic!Special Features:
- A breath of fresh airstarvalleyguyDined on 5/25/2014Our party of three ordered crab cakes, filet mignon, and a made-to-order hamburger, and all were the best example of each we have enjoyed in quite sometime, and certainly in Roanoke. Our server, Alex, was personable, knowledgeable, and gave good advice to us and those around us. On a warm and still Sunday evening, we chose to eat on the patio, which was our first al fresco experience at Billy's. This area is nicely arranged and beautifully furnished, but close quarters make it a better venue for drinks than relaxed dinner conversation. That being said, our food and service were top notch and, gratefully, there was not an ounce of pretention on display anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service2dine4Dined on 5/23/2014Our server Lauren was fantastic! She recommended a perfect wine and told us about the specials. Ended up with the soft crab, which was amazing! ( I am not a seafood person) Will visit Billy's again and will ask for Our server Lauren was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotswcountydinersDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere. Service was super.Special Features:
- great place for a family occationDotMVIPDined on 5/17/2014We came to celebrate a college graduation. The food was delicious, particularly the crab cake. They have a great wine list and they had a varierty of cocktails. Our waiter, Bradley, was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was best partSkiKudlesDined on 5/11/2014Skeptical at first due to it being very loud, small bar, and general ambience not very cozy. The food was AMAZING. The service was not. However, it was Mothers Day so I give them a pass for that one. Would go back again next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold food and over pricedSkyznanaDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother there hoping for a nice Mothers Day meal. The buffet was very poorly stocked, looked like a hers of bulls ran through it! I was HIGHLY embarrassed for her special Mother's Day treat. Would not recommend!
- Mothers Day Brunchluv2eatDined on 5/11/2014My family took me to Billy's for Mother's Day Brunch and I have to say I couldn't have been more pleased. The food selection was perfect for a buffet. They offered a nice selection of breakfast and lunch items without being overwhelming. The portions were on the small side, which I prefer when I'm eating a buffet because it offers me the chance to sample everything. After all, you can always go back for your favorites, which, believe me, I did. There was plenty of "light" choices, such as smoked salmon, shrimp cocktail, fresh fruit and a delicious spinach and cranberry salad. For the carnivores, the meat station had very moist pork roast and a delicious prime rib. I could go on, but I think I've relayed the food was good!
- Good Restaurantwomack900Dined on 5/10/2014Would only go here on special occasions with my budget, but good food and just as good service as anywhere else. Crab Cakes were cooked beautifully and piping hot. My girlfriend order the Lobster Alfredo which was very filling and also good. We had the Lemicello Cake for desert which was so light and fluffy, if I wasn't so full I would've got another one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomemygirlsandIDined on 5/10/2014Food, service and the atmosphere are remarkable. 100% satisfaction, every time I come here its perfect and I cannot say enough about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014The bar and the bar service weren't the best. Gin and tonic came without lime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy joint in RoanokeEatingwellinCharlotteDined on 5/7/2014Billy's is in the center of downtown, walkable from The Hotel Roanoke. The menu is solid, the Caesar salad almost as good as the one I make at home (haven't found a better one yet). Loved the mussels appetizer swimming in an aromatic sauce. Trout Almondine with smashed garlic potatoes was delicious. Frank Sinatra in the background and attentive but not overbearing service. A pleasant dinner.Special Features:
- The following 208 reviews are from the Billy's Roanoke reviews archive.
- Stick to weeknight for qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Apparently Saturday's are Billy's day for inconsistency in quality and ambience. Will never again drive 2 hours expecting a great dining experience unless it's a week night.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014First time at Billy's. I found it on the web since I am an out-of-towner, and we were very impressed. Overall experience was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We have been to Billy's several times and they never disappoint!...the seafood was outstanding, especially the lobster mac and cheese and the seafood trio!... the service was absolutely stellar!...Albert was our server and he was top-notch in every way!...Special Features:
- WOW! For everything!SeafoodLoverDined on 4/26/2014We were first-time guests and could not have enjoyed the dinner more than we did! The ambiance, service, menu variety and food were all excellent! Out window-table overlooking the vibrant downtown scene where a jazz band was playing enhanced our appreciation of Roanoke's culture (we are out-of-towners). From the bacon-wrapped scallops to the steak, hamburger and lobster wrap, the food was outstanding. Billy's Roanoke is outstanding!Special Features:
- EASTER BUFFETgrtfdebDined on 4/20/2014This is the second year we have enjoyed the Easter Buffet. I come from Richmond and meet my grandson who is attending Va Tech. We think it is the best Easter Buffet ever. Hope to be there again next year or hopefully before. The service was exceptional and the food was delicious. Especially like the variety of salads. TSpecial Features:
- Love Billy'sLRodgersDined on 4/19/2014My wife and I love going to Billy's. It's one of our favorites. We always have a wonderful meal. This Saturday was no different. Food was delicious and service was great. Prime Rib is a favorite. It's cooked just right. My wife got a pasta dish and it was yummy. We recommend Billy's to friends and family all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014What a great time!!! The food was WONDERFUL and the service was second to none. We will definitely be back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.