610 W. Lionshead Cr. C-200
Vail, CO 81657Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.billysislandgrill.com/
- Phone: 9704768811
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Eduardo Ruiz
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Bill Suarez (970)390-5575
A word from Billy's Restaurant
Billy's is a contemporary steak & seafood house serving the finest hand-carved steaks & the freshest seafood along with a variety of dishes with a Pacific Rim flair. Located in the heart of Lionshead, 1 block west of the Eagle Barm Gondola, Billy's offers a casual, relaxed atmosphere, a private dining room & an exceptional wine list that will perfectly compliment any meal. Billy's has been recognized year after year for offering the best steaks, seafood & salad bar in the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billy's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- A Favorite for Seafood in LionsheadTonyVIPDined on 4/4/2013We always have a great time at Billy's. A wide selection of seafood deliciously prepared and some excellent meat dishes for meat lovers. Terrific salad bar and a delicious assortment of appetizers and desserts. Service is fast, friendly and knowledgable. We are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Billy's Island Grill has theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/29/2013Billy's Island Grill has the typical beachy logo you'd find in any Caribbean burger shack. The look of the sign gave me doubts about dining here as who sets up a beach themed restaurant in ski country. But as the menu satisfied the needs of all the members of our party we tried it. The food was excellent. We shared an ahi tuna app we liked so much we ordered another, shared a shrimp cocktail also v good. The warm(hot) brown and white breads were great as was the chive? butter. Cesar salad eh. My kids split a rib eye ordered med and me a ribeye charred med rare. They nailed it-good as I've had any where. My wife had the trout and was also extremely happy. Now just ditch the old beach theme. Best value in Vail.Special Features:
- Sub-par experience. The waiterBVonTheIvyattheGlennVIPDined on 3/27/2013Sub-par experience. The waiter was hurried and blunt. When asked about items on the menu, he offered no detail. He did check on us throughout the meal. The salad bar was something I would expect from Two Elks on the ski slope - offering generic, supermarket croutons and even dressing. Overall, I can best describe the restaurant as bland.
- Centrally located in LionsheadOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013Food was well prepared, delivered without undue delay and served in decent proportions. Prices were moderate for this part of the mountain and represented good value.Special Features:
- Exceptional food & menu!KristenVIPDined on 3/16/2013Menu, food & service were all exceptional! The ambiance leaves little to be desired... old carpet for flooring for instance. But the halibut & trout & salads were all amazing! I will definitely return for the food. Service was great too.
- The food was great with uniqueKemmcrothVIPDined on 3/14/2013The food was great with unique choices. Great wines at all price ranges. Friendly staff. The mud pie is to die forSpecial Features:
- Reasonably PricedTomDVIPDined on 3/14/2013This restaurant is just OK. Nothing bad and nothing outstanding. The extensive salad bar and reasonable prices (for Vail) are the most notable items.
- great food - only fair service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013great food - only fair service. Waitress was not friendly and not attentive.Special Features:
- Situated in Lionshead, Vail,MikeVIPDined on 3/2/2013Situated in Lionshead, Vail, CO Billy's has been a local favorite for years. The food was very good, and the prices competitive for other restaurants in Vail. Their Ahi tuna Dana is very fresh which is admirable for a restaurant landlocked by more than 800 miles from the nearest ocean. Highly recommended for a fun relaxed atmosphere mixed with fine dinning at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Nice find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/20/2013What a pleasant surprise this restaurant was. I was a bit wary since it said "tropical fare," however, the flare was not overwhelming. Steaks were great! I recommend the sirloin teriyaki. Bread and butter were great and wine list was nice too. It is a relaxed atmosphere, however, waiter was very attentive to us and to detail. Stop by Billy's!Special Features:
- I have been going to Billy'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/18/2013I have been going to Billy's for 8 years and generally found the food good in the past. This time I was shocked by the minute portions. My piece of swordfish was literally the size of two fingers. When I asked if they could substitute plain buttered pasta instead of the rice I was told they would need to charge me for two entrees for my daughter. Small portions, no substitutions, and noisy all made for an unpleasant dinner. I will not return.
- Good for family but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/18/2013Service was tremendous for our family of 6. Menu had decent variation. My $30 Baseball steak was a bit disappointing..it was cooked perfectly but had next to no taste. It seemed as if there was no seasoning at all. The rest of the dishes looked nice but were similarly "ok". I know it is Vail, but it was hard to swallow a $350 dinner bill for food that was "ok".Special Features:
- Best Tuna in VailOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/6/2013Try the Tuna Dana or the Swordfish. Don't miss the Cervice appetizer.Special Features:
- Great food with many optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/20/2013Great food with many options on the menu. The service was a little pushy and we just wanted to sit and relax a bit. I would come back again.
- Billy's is always excellent.TonyVIPDined on 1/19/2013Billy's is always excellent. Great variety of seafood deliciously prepared and a terrific salad bar to get the meal started. Steak and chops are excellent if that's what you prefer. I love the huge fish tank.Special Features:
- Good but nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/6/2013Good food, nothing special. Salad bar not expansive. Waitress was nice but not very attentive.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2012Great food and drinks! Among the table we shared the calamari steaks and the ahi tuna nachos apps. The ahi tuna was phenomenal! Their bread is some of the best I've ever had. I had the salmon for dinner and it was cooked perfectly. Definitely a place to go if you're in the area.Special Features:
- we had not been to Billy'sSmithVIPDined on 12/26/2012we had not been to Billy's in a few years and were happy that we returned. Service was good and the food very good. Billy's is a steak,seafood and salad bar place similar to the Charthouse formula. The entrees are are varied and had several seafood items in addition to steak. The variety and depth of the salad bar was diminshed from years past. Overall a good place for friends and familySpecial Features:
- 5 star meal, comfortable atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012As Vail locals, this place has become one of our favorites. Billy's is a great place to have a five star meal without an overly stuffy atmosphere. The Captain Struve filet with crab is to die for! Their sauteed mushrooms are amazing as well (even better than mine which is hard to beat)! Also, if you are in Vail during the summer make sure you stop by Billy's on a Monday night for mussels and martini's! Wonderful food/drink for a wonderful price!Special Features:
- Nice salad bar. All our mealsBeardiesRuleVIPDined on 12/9/2012Nice salad bar. All our meals were excellent and the service was as well. Definitely will go back next time in Vail.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012The rib-eye steak was a poor quality piece of meat. I asked for the steak to be cooked medium but I received bleu or very rare.
- Food was absolutely magnificent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/30/2012Food was absolutely magnificent. Ahi tuna, rare perfect, ribeye, baseball sirloin, and the filet. All were perfectly cooked.homemade key lime pie and coffee. Aliejandro server very professional. Among our favorite in vail!
- BILLY'SAlexVIPDined on 9/28/2012WE WENT THERE TWICE IN 6 DAYS. FOOD IS GREAT, SERVICE IS GREAT, BOB THE BARTENDER IS FABOULOUS.Special Features:
- start with incredibly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/27/2012start with incredibly good bartending, move to world class salad bar, then choose from a wide variety of sumptuous and creative entrees, all provided with 5-star service.Special Features:
- YummyljcoloradoVIPDined on 9/25/2012Have not been to Billy's in years. Always enjoyed it in the past and did not disappoint us this time. Food was excellent and the service matched. Not many people in the restaurant while we were there and could hear everyone's conversation. Normal during the week during off season. Highly recommend. Especially enjoy 50% off this time of yearSpecial Features:
- Skip this place when you're in VailjxabDined on 9/21/2012We arrived for our 8:00 pm reservation and waited several minutes with no hostess in sight. I went to the bar and was ignored. I finally walked back to the kitchen and one of the cooks got me some attention. We finally got a table about a half hour later. We were then told that all entrees were 50% off and there was an 18% gratuity added on the full price. The menu we were given had prices much higher than what was listed on their website. The ribeye was tough and had little flavor. The vegetables were soggy and unseasoned. The service was equal to that of a Village Inn. Ultimately, we paid more for this "special" meal than what was advertised. Fraudulent practices and mediocre food.
- The food was truly exceptionalMountainFoodiesDined on 9/19/2012The food was truly exceptional however the service only mediocre. Four of us had a mixture of steaks and seafood. All were excellent, especially the Capt Struve Special and the Cabo Shrimp. All of the portions were generous. We had made a reservation and it wasn't even checked and our requests were not honored. At the time of our arrival, the restaurant wasn't even that busy. A great meal was offset by lack of attention to detail by the host and mediocre service.Special Features:
- We'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012Noted how busy this restaurant was midweek in the summer compared to other eateries, so decided to give it a try. Was not disappointed. Our waiter was attentive and very responsive to dietary restrictions. Amount of food was a treat. This will be a regular for us.Special Features:
- As usual good value. TookBobCDined on 7/17/2012As usual good value. Took a new neighbor who echoed our view.Special Features:
- A lot of good food for the money!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012so many places give you a little fancy food for a lot of money, billy's gives you a LOT of food for the same price or less. seriously, billy feeds you well. definitely an excellent place to go in favor of the other higher-end fancy restaurants in the area. the salad bar is a little lacking, but the steaks are right on excellent and the view of the mountain (depending on where you sit) is awesome. it's a very warm atmosphere and a good choice for special occasions. i'm originally a southerner meat-n-taters guy, so this place is usually my first choice when family comes to visit. kids are okay there, but there's a giant fish tank in the middle of the room by a table they may have a hard time leaving alone....that from a father of two girlSpecial Features:
- The Filet was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012The Filet was outstanding! Great potato side dish and salad bar. Wonderful staff. Enjoyed watching all the humming birds come for nectar at the feeders. Will dine at Billy's again!Special Features:
- My Family has known BillyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2012My Family has known Billy (the owner) for years. We took my father there for his birthday and Billy and his entire staff went over the top in taking care of us. I try to make it a point to always have dinner at Billy's every time we are in town for more than a night.Special Features:
- Too expensive for servingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/26/2012Too expensive for serving size of fish tuna, swordfish. Not competitive with other restaurants in vail
- We dined on a Saturday nightMargaretBVIPDined on 3/17/2012We dined on a Saturday night during the NCAA tournament and requested a table that could see a tv showing the game. The restaurant staff was very accommodating and made sure that the game we wanted to see was put on the tv in the bar. Three of us ordered seafood entrees and one ordered a steak. The seafood entrees were wonderful. I would give them 5 stars, but the steak was disappointing. Everything else was fabulous.Special Features:
- We have been going to theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/16/2012We have been going to the restaurant on our annual ski trip for years and it gets worse every year. We will not be returning. The "Captain Struve" special was dry and over cooked. It was ordered medium rare and was delivered medium well.
- Best prime rib I have everDiningmavenVIPDined on 3/9/2012Best prime rib I have ever had. We went twice during a ski trip and the place was very consistently high quality. You get what you pay for.
- Highly Recommended, have neverMikeVIPDined on 3/7/2012Highly Recommended, have never been disappointed to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- food ok; pricey but the portionspackwomanDined on 3/6/2012food ok; pricey but the portions were very appropriate for what you pay for. wine expensive and the restaurant is loud and busy.. if you want a relaxing evening, this is not the place to eat. if you want a bar scene, go and enjoy!Special Features:
- We discovered Billy's lastFineDinerVIPDined on 3/4/2012We discovered Billy's last year after many seasons in Vail, and we're glad we did! Billy's offers consistently tasty food, with menu options for the whole group. The wide range of seafood offerings and the salad bar are particularly notable, and the cheesecake was outstanding. Also, we have found it fairly easy to get a reservation at Billy's. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Steaks were only mediocredrjonhVIPDined on 3/1/2012Steaks were only mediocre considering the price. Specifically while flavorful the rib eyes were thin.