Billy Tse's Restaurant
240 Commercial St
Boston, MA 02109Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Billy Tse's Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billytse-boston.com/
- Phone: 6172279990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Billy Tse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Billy Tse's Restaurant
Welcome to Billy Tse Restaurant! My family takes great pride in what we do. For your dinning experience, we present you with a modern interpretation of classic Chinese and Pan-Asian Cuisine. In our culture, where family is the foundation of society, enjoying a variety of dishes together is the standard practice in our households.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billy Tse's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Asian food in the North End?SundaysCHildDined on 9/26/2014Yup - and it's great! Some of the best I've had in Boston. The sushi was excellent and my companion's Chinese was remarkable. Really the best Asian restaurant within walking distance of the Financial District. I'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Reliable2togoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Used to go to Billy Tse's all the time, but hadn't been in awhile since moving out of the city. Was back in town and in the mood for sushi, and Billy'Tse's was as good as ever. Went on a Monday night and everything was fresh & tasty, the service was prompt, and the Maitais were wonderful!. Not a super fancy place, but excellent food & service in a relaxed atmosphere within walking distance of the NE Aquarium and Quincy Market.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Billy Tse's Restaurant reviews archive.
- SuperbJandADined on 5/14/2014The owner personally walked up to each table and even served. Just Wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fun at Billy Tse'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2014I've been going to the North End location Billy Tse's since they opened and have never been disappointed. We recently introduced our nephew to the restaurant; lucky for us, Billy was in and came to our table to say hello. The boneless spareribs are excellent (when we do takeout, we always get two orders), entrees of Sweet and Sour Duck and Beef Chow Foon were very good; I was not a fan of the Cripsy Aromatic Scrod, but nephen loved it. The mai tais are always good.Special Features:
- chinese dinnerhungrydudeDined on 4/20/2014Indicated gluten friendly but only offered one option-steamed vegetables. Didn't have GF soy sauce or other options. Disappointing. A lot of other dining options in Boston. Won't be back.Special Features:
- never disappointsHarryDined on 3/28/2014As usual the food was excellent. Freshly prepared and not oily. Waitress was attentive without being overbearing. Billy came by to say hello as he often does Norttend is not just for Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!KCMasterpieceDined on 1/17/2014I love Billy Tse. It's my favorite chinese food restaurant ever. They have such fresh food and their crab rangoons are to die for. I went for my birthday with a group of 8 and they handeled it very well. We all left very very happy.Special Features:
- Good food, mediocre servicePaulVIPDined on 1/3/2014The food at Billy Tse's was good, though not spectacular. My major complaint was with the weak and I attentive service. On two occasions, I had to remind my server (who rarely came by our table) that an item I had order had not arrived.Special Features:
- Stick with the Chinese dishesPonnVIPDined on 8/12/2013We were visiting Boston on a family vacation, had been eating a lot of North End Italian, and wanted a change so we found Billy Tse's nearby. It's somewhat hidden in a residential area of the North End, so the patrons are likely locals. The ambiance inside was OK but not special. The menu was very lengthy, and covered not only Chinese staples, but also Thai and Japanese-style dishes. Our Chinese dishes were prepared well, but the Thai dish missed the mark. It seemed to be made by a Chinese chef, in that it used Thai flavorings and spices but it was more Chinese in appearance and style (thickened sauce, etc.). Overall a worthwhile Chinese restaurant, modestly priced, and seemingly the only Chinese/Asian option in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- the lomein wasn't great butcheesepleaseVIPDined on 5/25/2013the lomein wasn't great but the sesame chicken was really yummyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant hidingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Great local restaurant hiding among about a hundred italian places in the North End. Billy Tse himself was present and overseeing things, he's a very pleasant and professional guy. Sushi good! Service attentive. Food overall great, not typical takeout chinese food quality - a cut above. Although we discovered that they do takeout and delivery on this visit, so this became our go-to Chinese/sushi delivery place just like that! We'd bring guests from out of town back to the restaurant, too.Special Features:
- Celebrated my mother's birthdayRobynVIPDined on 12/31/2012Celebrated my mother's birthday here on New Year's Eve's - a fantastic evening!Special Features:
- This night at Billy's wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/24/2012This night at Billy's was not up to their usual standards. Dishes were cold and over salted. THe service was also weak- with ordered drinks not arriving at all.