Billy G's Beach Bistro
1132 Ocean Avenue
Sea Bright, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Billy G's Beach Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billygsbeachbistro.com/
- Phone: (732) 842-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Open dinner Thursday through Sunday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Open for Brundh Saturday and Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
Closed Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday - off season
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Host your private event at Billy G's Beach Bistro and make it one to remember! Our unique atmosphere and beach location is sure to be the perfect setting for your gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Billy 8776522987
- Special Events: Valentine's Weekend Four Course Price Fixe Menu
February 14th, 15th, and 16th
$39.95 per person
Includes Appetizer, Salad, Entree and Dessert
A word from Billy G's Beach Bistro
Billy G's Bistro is "Stronger than the Storm" and has reopened its doors to the public for all to enjoy. Serving the freshest ingredients with a limited regular menu and few twists from the chef each day!Continued
Make your reservation today.
Make your reservation today.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billy G's Beach Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (1)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- snug84VIPDined on 10/16/2014Food is great and the staff is very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu LimitedMrsGourmetDined on 8/24/2014Food good but pasta choices very limited and menu limited (one pasta type with choice of 3 sauces - marinara, vodka or fra diavolo). Also, very few specials for a a limited regular menu. Ambiance dull; talk radio was on while we dined. Atmosphere needs to be improved. Server was very friendly and pleasant. I think with a few simple changes this restaurant would go from ordinary to a gem.Special Features:
- Nothing notableShoreViewDined on 8/21/2014We visited spur of the moment. The reservation wasn't necessary - even though it was a Thursday evening in what presumably is peak season (late August) there were few other diners - so there was little atmosphere. The service was friendly and efficient, the food OK (as highlighted in other reviews, there seems to be a tendency to overcook), the highlight with our meals being the mashed potato! They probably need to step up their game as other nearby venues seemed much busier.
- Always a delicious meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The homemade pasta is outstanding. Two of us added shrimp and had the alfredo sauce & it was amazing. The pasta was perfect as was our "seafood special" appetizer. We have recommended it to our friends-no one will be disappointed!Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Billy G's Beach Bistro reviews archive.
- 2 stars for the Crab BakesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014I’m only giving 2 stars because the crab cakes were pretty good. Other than that it was a joke from the beginning and got worse from there. I give them 6 months before the doors are closed!!
- I hate to give bad reviews.. But...BTP1VIPDined on 7/4/2014I was disappointed! My salmon was overdone. My mousse appetizer was heavy and cloying.. My dinner companions were less than thrilled. Could be a great little spot! They need to step their game. Some plants would make the place seem cozier
- Loved it!FHMomDined on 6/28/2014We loved it and would definitely go back. The owner came out and greeted us and took us to our table 15 minutes before our reservation. The appetizers and entrees were wonderful, I didn't leave a crumb on my plate! We have recommended it to a number of our friends and family and can't wait to go back ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising dinner choicesMikeDPhillyDined on 6/21/2014Had dinner for two on a Saturday evening. Although we made a reservation there was no wait whatsoever and we were seated at a table by the window. The menu offers a nice selection but on this night there were several great specials featured. We selected a special appetizer, a fresh-made guacamole with freshly baked chips. It was fabulous. My wife ordered a shrimp tempura dish off the menu which was served with an unusual blueberry sauce over rice. I selected one of the special entrės which was house made fettuccine noodles topped with a very unique sauce comprised of corn kernels, green onions, fresh tomatoes, black pepper and topped off with four large shrimp. A most interesting and delicious dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/23/2014Slow service and terrible bland over cooked food with a limited menu. Took over one hour to be served. The bread was even stale and the restaurant even smelled moldy. Will never go back.
- A great local go to place.annetteVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food was excellent although a very limited menu. Service was wonderful with a very warm at home local vibe. A gem for Sea Bright.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. Slow serviceFoodmattersDined on 4/26/2014The food is terrific and the winter $25 price fixed menu is unbelievable value! Service was very slow - I think it was the kitchen not the wait staff (who were very nice). We weren't in a rush so didn't mind the slow pace of food coming out but I could see how service level would be an issue for some people. It was also hard to find parking and it's April so can't imagine how difficult parking becomes in the summer. The food really was amazing and we will definitely go back. (Loved the candles and ambience)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was yum service not so muchNJgrandmaVIPDined on 4/26/2014You can't beat the $25 fixed price dinner here. The food was delicious & the portions just right. Artichokes franchaise were delish, mussels too for apps. The chicken and crabcake entrees also really yummy. Only problem was the service. The servers were pleasant, just inefficient. Some plates would be cleared but he never came back for the rest of them. The owner (Billy?) was there but did nothing more than greet some customers. Would be better if he was a little more hands on when things are busy. All in all, in spite of the service hiccups, I'd go back as the food is good & the price is right!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spot ON!TonyVDined on 3/8/2014Billy G's hit the mark. Delicious food, excellent service, nice ambiance , great price and BYOB. The salmon was perfectly cooked and the mascarpone ice cream was to die for.A definite return to try more dishes. Catch the winter pre fixe menu while you can, can't beat it. yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedMattSDined on 2/14/2014Great food and not to expensive. Loved the atmosphere and the service was great.Special Features:
- Good as usualanonymousVIPDined on 11/30/2013As repeat diners here, we were once again pleased with the food and service. For the winter months, they have a prix fixe menu, even on the weekend. We were happy with the options and our choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local business with potentialmjonesndVIPDined on 11/23/2013We were very disappointed when we arrived to find out that there was a prix fixe menu on a Saturday night with very limited options. It was not busy at all and this practice is not common for our area. We chose this particular restaurant because we liked the menu we found on Open Table so much. The food we ended up ordering was good, but they weren't the dishes we wanted that evening. The service was slow, even though there was only one other table in the restaurant. The restaurant is clean and well-kept, the portions are good and the prices are reasonable. With a more extensive menu (or at least an accurately advertised one) and better service, this place could be a neighborhood gem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busier than expectedArlesVIPDined on 11/2/2013Could have used another server, business just starting back in Sea Bright after Sandy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try spot!BethVIPDined on 10/23/2013Don't pass up dinner here. Pack a bottle of wine, sit down & relax at this beach spot & prepare to be fed some of the best food around. The fall specials are delicious & you can't beat the pre-fix price! Close to home & delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's was lit up too brightLocalVIPDined on 9/1/2013It's was lit up too bright so hurt the ambiance. The windows had no curtains or privacy curtains at the bottom, so when sitting at the window seats, when people walk by outside, it's like you are a fish in a fishbowl. There was no music background which made it wierd with so few tables filled. For the food, my steak came well done when I ordered it medium. They took it back and recooked it, but by the time it came back out, the person I was with had already fishished.
- a good move!anonymousVIPDined on 8/8/2013New location and atmosphere are better than their previous spot, and the menu has been expanded. Enjoyed our dinner, especially the lobster tails, and will be back to get them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant - great arrivalOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/2/2013New restaurant - great arrival in Sea Bright. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.