Billy Beach Sushi and Bar
5463 Leary Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107Neighborhood:
Ballard / Fremont
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Billy Beach Sushi and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billybeachsushi.com/home.html
- Phone: 2062574616x
- Hours of Operation:
Tue-Fri: 11:30a-2:30p & 5:00p-12:00a
Mon-Sat: Open - 7:00p (restaurant) & Open - 8:00p (bar)
Sun: All Day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Billy Beach
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer two types of Catering.
1. Platters-We create or you create your own platters for any size parties. (Pick up/ordering times/prices may differ depending on the size/date of the order)
2. Chef Catering-Have our own sushi chefs come prepare and serve sushi made at your very own event! (Call for pricing)
- Private Party Facilities: We're happy to host your private event! Call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Charli Hamilton 2062574616x
A word from Billy Beach Sushi and Bar
From the chef that brought you Japonessa, Umi Sake House, Kushi Bar, and many others, Billy Beach Sushi & Bar is a representation of Billy’s history. Focusing on traditional methods of preparing Japanese cuisine, the flavors and variety at Billy Beach Sushi & Bar are seen nowhere else in Seattle. From beautiful Omakase plates to innovative kitchen dishes, Billy Beach Sushi & Bar is sure to provide you with the freshest sushi you can find in the Northwest.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billy Beach Sushi and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (4)hot spot (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for outdoor dining (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Very Good FoodRinaVIPDined on 7/27/2014When diining dowtown and craving sushi, this is a place to go. The food is fresh, the service could be better, but overall better than most. Price point is fair for the location. Good for groups, out of towners, couples. Loud music, so be prepared to lean forward so you and your seat mates can talk.Special Features:
- The following 11 reviews are from the Billy Beach Sushi and Bar reviews archive.
- NOT for groups or special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014Our notes to Billy Beach specified these things:1. New to the restaurant 2. EXCITED to try the restaurant 3. celebrating a 40th birthday (monumental birthday) 4. bringing our own cake, plating charge? -- Party of 8 --- We ended up being a party of 11 (which included a 21month old) and notified Billy Beach that morning... I received a call from the restaurant explaining that they had a 10 person limit with no offers to accommodate in any other fashion...(additional near-by table, etc) when the call ended I said that somehow I would trim the group to ten.. When we arrived we were literally head-counted and given attitude by the hostesses. We were seated by the storage shelves and plates were slow to be cleared IF AT ALL... Not impressed.Special Features:
- Hostess with the leastestlildDined on 3/7/2014The food was great as usual, and the servers were very attentive. The hostess checking us in was condescending and well, downright rude. I made a reservation for 3/7/2014 @ 7:30pm on open table. We were a bit early for our reservation. The hostess told me in more than one way that I made a mistake in using open table "because usually people don't know how to do it right". I felt very embarrassed at making this mistake, I even asked her if I should contact Open Table about my mistake, but she said that's not necessary because I probably did it wrong. I quietly retreated to the bar area.My husband insisted that I pull up my confirmation and show it to the hostess - I did in fact do it right.. We showed it to her. She never apologized.Special Features:
- Great Sushi happy hourMaverick69Dined on 3/1/2014Great sushi great prices during happy hour and very nice service. Only recommendations of improvement would be to make the dining area less like a cafeteria lunchroom feel and the stools at the bar were terribly short and awkward to sit at.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty FishbeegoveDined on 2/9/2014Glad we had a reservation, and was happy to find that it was "Beach Hours" all day Sunday. The sashimi was light and fresh, and we loved the jellyfish (just try it!) and the spicy calamari's awesome. Service was a little slow (but friendly) even though there were empty tables, but we loved the food so much it wasn't a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Sushi bar at bestchb0otDined on 2/1/2014Miso was lukewarm, as was the tea. Sushi lacked creativity. Can't hold a candle to Umi in belletown or even places like Sushi-n-joy in Bellevue. Waitress totally forgot about us
- A little disappointedae84Dined on 1/30/2014Maybe it was our selections, but i felt like it was just "ok". Always looking for a good sushi spot, besides Umi which is my fall-back. I have to say, i wasn't super impressed with the roll we had, and the agadashi tofu was just one huge piece of tofu. Again, maybe it was just my personal preference, but I wouldn't make the effort to go back. Also, the lighting needs to be softer. It was so bright and a bit harsh.
- Great experienceDianeDined on 1/25/2014It was my second time coming to Billy Beach and it was equally wonderful. The staff were great and very welcoming. The food was really good and the beach time menu is such a great deal! Billy Beach is now one of my favorite Japanese restaurants!Special Features:
- GreatCheesefiendDined on 12/28/2013My group of 8 had a great time and even though we had members who had food sensitivities, we were accommodated with no issues. Excellent happy hour menu and good seasonal drinks!Special Features:
- Creative Affordable Delicious FoodMessingerVIPDined on 12/11/2013The title says it all. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedalwayshungryDined on 12/6/2013The atmosphere was that of a cafeteria. My date said she felt like she should be ordering coffee and muffins. We both are foodies and had high hopes of having something that felt more like an ethnic gem. Instead there were tables and tables of families bringing kids, many of whom skidded their chairs away from the tables and ran around, making the ambience feel like a fast food joint where parents are comfortable in letting their kids galavant. Their screaming along with the regular voices of patrons made it so that we had to lean forward to hear each other as you would in a crowded night club. But it was a sushi restaurant. If you enjoy places like Umi, Japonessa, Shiro's, Chiso and the like, you will be disappointed here.
- loved it!chloeVIPDined on 11/19/2013great food, great sushi menu, great service, and awesome decor. Very pleased and will be back again soon!Special Features: