280 Beachwalk Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AustralianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://billshawaii.com/
- Phone: 8089221500x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am
Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Australian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Cross Street: Kalakaua Ave
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Bank of Hawaii Building.
$6 for the first 4 hours with validation.
Normal rates will apply after the first 4 hours.
Monday - Friday: After 3pm
Saturday - Sunday: Anytime
First Hawaiian Bank
$6 for the first 4 hours with validation.
Normal rates will apply after the first 4 hours.
A word from Bills Sydney
A slice of Australia served up in Hawaii.Continued
*Reservations are for our upstairs dining only*
*Reservations are for our upstairs dining only*
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Bills Sydney - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Bills Sydney reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (82)fit for foodies (71)good for groups (64)great for lunch (55)kid-friendly (44)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (31)great for outdoor dining (30)special occasion (22)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)notable wine list (6)Show More
- Excellent foods & serviceKiniVIPDined on 9/15/2014I had a lanch 5~6month ago,it was good. But I heard their breakfast is very good. So i had a chance to get breakfast and get famous hotcake with hony comb butter. It was an amazing foods. I love this hony comb butter!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Very lovely meals, reasonably priced, polite & attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehMarissaVIPDined on 9/8/2014The restaurant is beautiful. The service was inattentive and slow despite the restaurant's relative emptiness and the abundance of staff members milling around. The food was just okay for the price (we paid $50 for 2 for breakfast when tax and tip were added in).
- Good PancakesorthopedicDined on 9/6/2014Pancakes are very softy and delicious. Bills Greens is Okay. But little bit expensive. It costs $26 (including tax & tip) for Pancakes and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- simpleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/4/2014They were very accommodating on the place we could sit. The loud noises out side on the street were a bit a jarring to the meal. Food was great, a very simple and calm atmosphere.Special Features:
- 一度は食べてみたい味JunkoDined on 9/4/2014日本ではかなり並ぶので、ほとんど並ばずにいただけるのは海外ならではかも。噂のリコッタチーズパンケーキをようやくいただけました！Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food served Aussie style!LozNickLove2DineDined on 9/2/2014A fresh concept in Waikiki with fresh, light dishes Seemed a little like they were still establishing themselves in Waikiki's competitive restaurant scene, but was great food at good prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014So so amazing. A cute getaway from all the American greasy food. Beautifully set out, gorgeous staff and delicius food. Would recommend xxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okSSYAVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were there for breakfast/brunch. We tried the ricotta pancakes, kim chee fried rice & ham w/ grits. It was all decent food, but it took a while to get to us. Also FIVE DOLLARS+ for a non-refillable iced tea is ridiculous. Even if it's waikiki, that's over the top. I don't know if I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK, and out of 2 menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Early Saturday night, already out of two dishes, one of those being their only real fish item. Restaurant only about 60% occupied, service just ok, especially considering that the restaurant was relatively slow. Overall was ok, food was quite good but would not go back or recommend.
- sponsorwDined on 8/30/2014The ambiance was very nice. The food was very trendy and tasty, however it was over priced for the amount that was recieved.Special Features:
- TastymawrtianVIPDined on 8/30/2014Just last week I was lamenting to my husband that Hawaii did not have many places that had an interesting breakfast menu, everything here is about plate lunch style or maybe pancakes. This is like my prayers were answered! We went for breakfast and halfway through our meal we got on OpenTable to make reservations for two days later- it was so good. The food was so fresh and flavorful. All coffees are espresso based and made to order so no refills and that can get pricey if your big caffeine drinker. We were upstairs which is a bit calmer than downstairs but even so there are a few large loud groups that brought the noise level up. Still there are slightly different menu items in the downstairs part so I'll be back again!!Special Features:
- Afternoon DelightOinkerVIPDined on 8/29/2014This review is for our lunch experience UPSTAIRS and this was my first experience here.I was excited to see the openess of the dining room with its warm and natural colors.It was casual and easy on the eyes. We each ordered different menu items ranging from shareable (salt & pepper calamari), salads (chopped salad & salmon salad), classics (ricotta hotcakes) and pasta (veal & pork ragu pappardelle). All the plates were presented well and tasted good...but, not outstanding.It was brought to our attention that the ingredients are sourced fresh from organic and local sources. Simple, unpretentious food presented in a casual enviroment was accomplished here. Service by Chelsea was excellent for our group. I was delighted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the Waikiki dining sceneLeighAlex81Dined on 8/26/2014Such a welcome difference from the numerous "steak and shrimp" places all over Waikiki. Beautiful, fresh, clean food inspired by an Australian vibe. Great service (Alexis is great) and a killer menu - we were only sad we found this place on our last night before flying home to Sydney and couldn't return. Will definitely be checking out Bills Sydney!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in WaikikiAndyDined on 8/24/2014A must visit to those who enjoy organic, unprocessed food, for those who are Aussies, felt like cooking from home. If I had found this place earlier, I doubt that I would have gone elsewhere for dinner, the food, cocktails and wines are superb as was the service.Special Features:
- Breakfast without the stodginessGyleseyDined on 8/24/2014Loved dinner here so decided to go back for breakfast. Plenty of intriguing and tasty options at very reasonable prices. Coffee was fantastic too.Special Features:
- Super dinnerGyleseyDined on 8/22/2014If you're looking for a refuge from the typical Waikiki restaurant then Bill's serves it up. Meals feel fresh and light without being stingy. Loved it so much we went back for breakfast.Special Features:
- Rendered me speechlesskainoaeatsDined on 8/22/2014Ricotta hotcakes sent me over the edge!! I had to pause and savor the moment. Amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Waikiki dining experiencesfsommVIPDined on 8/20/2014We went here two nights in a row on our Waikiki visit, first as adults date night, second time with two kids in tow. Both times we were blown away by the quality of the food and the service, particularly from the GM who went above and beyond to take care of us. Unlike most of the restaurants in Waikiki (many of which are big chains), they are not catering to the big food loving tourist crowd. Interesting, eclectic but entirely approachable menu that would rival any in San Francisco, where we live. We even went back for take out from the casual cafe downstairs to bring on the flight home. Love!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it allGgstDined on 8/18/2014Food was amazing, everything was beautifully fresh and full of flavour. We loved the ambience & design of the restaurant too. The service was fantastic, couldn't fault it. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nowhere near as good as sydneyMatthewDined on 8/17/2014Having grown up with bills I was excited about the corn fritters. I was bitterly disappointed. Nowhere near as good as sydney. Guess this is what happens when u create a chain and get money hungry. Service was very friendly though and ambience great. Coffee was fantastic.Special Features:
- DisappointingShoocatDined on 8/16/2014We went here for my birthday with my family and a few of our friends for dinner. Cutting to the chase, the waiter was neglectful, our waters were empty for half an hour, our food took forever and no one ever checked on us after our entrees finally came. We ordered one drink because no one ever came back to ask us if we wanted another. The others ordered a pizza, the chicken schnitzel, the ribs and the salmon salad and no one liked their food. So I guess I got lucky cause I ordered the linguine, and cream corn which was actually pretty good. Everyone else had an expensive, bad tasting, drawn out meal with poor service. We won't be going back.
- Waiting timesmileDined on 8/16/2014It took almost 40min to received the food after the drinks. Except the waiting time, food was an excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food shocking serviceJennybirdzDined on 8/15/2014We were pretty excited about our meal at Bills Sydney, we saved it for our last meal in Hawaii. Upon arrival down stairs we met with the lady at the front who said we had to wait for a table (after making and confirming a reservation). We waited approx 10 minutes. We ordered our mains which were delicious and fresh, however it took 15 minutes for our plates to be cleared, another 10 for the dessert menu to arrive, another 10 to order (by which time we asked for the quickest dessert), and then half an our for the dessert to arrive. No one informed us of how it was going, when ordering dessert the waiter said it would be a few minutes. He gave us hot plates for a cold dessert. He gave us attitude when following up on our orders.Special Features:
- Not bad but...lovetripDined on 8/15/2014Even if I reserved on 15Aug, my family went to Bill's Waikiki on 14Aug,2014 for lunch. Because we don't wait for the table at all. Every food were very nice, but as same as other waikiki restrauant, it was very high price, I mean expensive. The cost paformance is not good. But food are nice, I recomend to go to Cafe, better price than restrauant.Special Features:
- 予約したほうがいいですOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014素晴らしく美味しいとはいえませんが、まぁ一度くらいは行っても良いのではないでしょうか。全体的にとても高く感じますし、値段と比例している味とも思えませんでした。 スクランブルエッグはとても塩辛い部分と、味の無い部分があったり、ととても雑な料理でした。
- Better For BreakfastailuckieDined on 8/13/2014We had breakfast here and was good. However, we did not care for dinner! The food was not as we have expected. We will never go for dinner, NEVER. My husband had pappardelle with meat sauce just okay. I had orrechiette with ricotta and tomatoes, disappointing, our guests had ribs which was horrible. It looked like it was boiled with hardly any taste, very bad. Our waiter suggested fish curry which was just average. I would not suggest you go for dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/10/2014Excellent food, nice ambience and decor, and good value for Waikiki; friendly wait staff, although a bit distracted at tithes; definitely plan to return.
- Nice one BillAussiegirlDined on 8/4/2014Enjoyed the upstairs experience. has a good vibe and the space is wonderfully open and relaxed...a nice reflection of a Sunday brunch at home in Sydney Atari beachside cafe.Special Features:
- Loved the atmosphere and decor!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014For a very new restaurant in Waikiki, already feels like a well oiled machine - great atmosphere, food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastwaikikiDined on 7/28/2014I had ricotta cheese hot cake and mocha. Both food and drink are outstanding and had a great time :-9Special Features:
- Bad service. Bad food.CocoDined on 7/25/2014We will never come back again. Terrible service. Kid unfriendly. They recommended something spicy for my baby. Unbelievable!Special Features:
- SydneydinerDined on 7/24/2014The cocktails were very average - without flavour and they looked stingy. The presentation of the dishes was pretty good but the food was poor. The pasta was dry and the curry over-salted. The chicken schnitzel was passable. Also the decor upstairs was akin to dining in a barn. Having said that, the service was good and the prices were reasonable.
- An accidental TreatopentryDined on 7/23/2014Loved this place, stumbled upon it while out for a walk in Waikiki, it's not on the main drag but so glad we found it, food here is fantastic & I had one of the best cictails u had while in Hawaii, a must if you visit Waikiki the tasting plates are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealMissparkerDined on 7/23/2014Really enjoyed it. We had a early dinner and the place was really quiet so a bit of a hidden oasis. The decor is awesome.Special Features:
- A good alternative to the usualSteveDined on 7/21/2014Food was tasty and well prepared with an interesting menu. It's what I'd expect to get in Sydney from a mid to high range restaurant. Service was good but as the restaurant is new (~4 months old in July '14) they still have a few teething problems but I wouldn't hold this against the overall experience. Will visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home away from home.RochetasteDined on 7/20/2014Coffee just like home, best latte is Waikiki. Could go back everyday, great breakfasts, lunch and dinners. Won't disappoint. + the only place to get a Coopers in HawaiiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and a real rarity!!TravelbeesDined on 7/13/2014Great service and the food was delish! We dined upstairs and had the pork belly watermelon salad, followed by the fish curry and the ragu pappardelle, then shared the huge brownie & hot fudge sundae - all super fresh, lovingly prepared and super tasty! The best freshest produce - a real rarity in Waikiki!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing spectaculargivememyvegemiteDined on 7/13/2014The waiter seemed too busy to care about our table even though there seemed to only be four other parties there. They were out of the chocolate frappe, the edamame hummus starter, and the banana fritters. We were there at 1 so I don't think we were too terribly late. The waiter's reasoning for being out of the frappes was because they were out of chocolate sauce, which seems like it'd be pretty hard to run out of for a restaurant.. In regards to service, the waiter did not seem to care much about serving or our table. The food did not seem at all Australian to me outside of the pavlova, and it seemed overpriced for what it was. The ambience was nice, but was very hot despite the fans. Perhaps eating here for breakfast or dinner is better.Special Features:
- Great mealIndurate7VIPDined on 7/12/2014The food is very fresh and tasty... You can tell they use premium ingredients.Special Features: