Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown
85 West St.
New York, NY 10006Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://billsbarandburger.com/
- Phone: 2128943800
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Friday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Brett Reichler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown
Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown is located in The Marriott Downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown - Best Restaurants in Battery Park ›
Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (6)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Trip in New YorkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I wanted to live a real American food and I really get what I waexperiegets looking for. I recommend this place bc the service and the good was great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was fantastic!dianeDined on 10/4/2014Can't say enough good things about Bill's! 1stl, my 9 year old has severe food allergies & our waitress did not hesitate in helping us find something that she would enjoy & that was safe for her. We were celebrating her birthday but chose not to say anything because she wouldn't be able to eat anything from the dessert menu. Our waitress overheard us talking about her birthday and came over & asked if there was anything they could do - they brought out a plate of pineapples and strawberries with a candle in it and sang Happy Birthday! It was wonderful!! The drinks were fantastic (with one exception - we ordered a mojito and it was pink...still can't figure that out!) and the food equally as wonderful! Highly recommended for families!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent if you're at the Marriott.BW612Dined on 9/26/2014If you're already staying at the Marriott and want a convienant meal or drink, Bill's is a fine choice. However, there are a plethora of other (better) choices in the Financial District and SoHo.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Great place to eat and hang out. The tacos were awesome!Special Features:
- CNN might reconsider its ratingRefinedGentlemanVIPDined on 8/29/2014For a restaurant that prides itself on its burgers they failed, in my opinion. The hamburger patty was thin and overcooked; the bun was small. I order a burger with mustard -- they brought mushrooms. On the other hand, the staff was friendly and the restaurant was conveniently located in the Marriott hotel.Special Features:
- bad, bad burgersljocDined on 7/23/2014when i talk about food, bad means rally, really good! Every part of our experience was delightful - making a reservation was easy, our party was accorded special needs for low noise level, the wine and food was excellent, service was prompt and friendly! We definitely will revisit!Special Features:
- okay burger jointjk23VIPDined on 7/4/2014Just an okay burger place. Large beer selection and big tv's all over was a plus. With so many choices in area I would try something else next time I was craving American food when I was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BreakfastNYCFoodDined on 6/23/2014It's hard to find a good sit down breakfast in the financial district, mostly because who goes? (I understand). But this one was nice! It wasn't as fancy as Andaz or the Ritz, but there were other diners, and the menu is versatile and extensive for a non-diner breakfast. The huevos rancheros was flooded with avocado and sour cream (yum!) and the turkey sausage was delish! I heard the pancakes were good; did not try. It's good for a casual breakfast spot!Special Features:
- The following 41 reviews are from the Bill's Bar & Burger Downtown reviews archive.
- BugsyVIPDined on 6/15/2014My burger fell apart, the bun just absorbed everything and crumbled. The burger didn't even fit on the plate it's served on. The milkshake was good, but I'd honestly prefer a McFlurry. To too it off, the fries were mediocre.Special Features:
- OkGirlDined on 6/6/2014Was okay ran out of ice cream waiter was okay too far out there no bathroom
- Great Burger Joint nr the WTCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/5/2014Four of us had lunch at Bill's Bar and Burger Downtown and it was a perfect spot as we had been on the SOL/Ellis Island run and then walked uptown to the WTC. The food was really good and the service outstanding. We would definitely revisitSpecial Features:
- Good. meatpacking locale betterAbbiDined on 6/1/2014Food was nice, but food/ambience/service much better at Bills in meat packing. Crazy shakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Normal and OverratedNYCFoodieDined on 5/31/2014Because this place is on opentable, I thought it would be different than a regular bar. Sadly, it is not. The burgers are really overrated and just normal. They are no better than McDonald's. I think even Shake Shack is a little better. The noise level is what is to be expected from a bar, but the tables are nicely spaced , so you don't hear anyone's conversation. One major problem is paying $9 for a burger that you really can get much cheaper for the same quality at McDonald's.Special Features:
- 6 ounces hamburger was very smallLiam461VIPDined on 5/17/2014although the food was tasty the six ounce hamburger was more like a meatball. Beware of the fries they are extra and cost almost half the price as the 10 dollar burger. The buffalo chicken wrap was very good. Lively atmosphere and the service was very good overall.Special Features:
- Good FiDi Lunch SpotfelbriggeDined on 5/13/2014Well run burger joint, welcome addition to the FiDi lunch desert.Special Features:
- Great for feeding relativesMothersDayDinnerDined on 5/11/2014My grandchildren requested Bills Bar and Burger for a Mother's Day dinner.Special Features:
- Place to go before Ground Zero!Nan57Dined on 5/2/2014We went to Bill's before we went to Ground Zero. The food was very good and it was obvious that it was a "happening'" place! Service was fabulous and it was a fun venue! My husband enjoyed it as did my grandson...all generations were happy!Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/1/2014I've only been here twice but loved it both times and cannot wait to return! I had both the shrimp burger and turkey burger and they were both amazing! the fries rock too!Special Features:
- a little pricey for what you getNYCEatDined on 4/17/2014a little pricey for what you get, nothing included with the burgers so there's the additional cost for sides (fries, etc)Special Features:
- Great food!!!dining2eatDined on 4/12/2014We were visiting NY for the day and wasn't sure where to go for dinner close to the 9/11 Memorial. I googled restaurants near the Memorial and Bill's Bar & Burger was one of the restaurants listed. There were mixed reviews, but I thought we should give it a try so I made reservations...so glad I did. The service was great and the food was delicious! I had a burger with sweet potato fries and they were awesome! Everyone in my party was happy with their food and thanked me for finding this place. The large beer list made the guys happy. The online map made it look a couple of blocks from the Memorial, but it was on the corner across from the entrance to it. I highly recommend Bill's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very tasteyburgerboyDined on 4/5/2014Excellent burger,will eat there again next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGreatfoodDined on 3/26/2014I would love to go back to this place. Friendly an patient staff, the food was amazing, I'm very pleased with this place. I didn't even get a burger and I thought into good was amazing. I heard they have a really good veggie burger. Very reasonable prices.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers are amazing here.KskinnVIPDined on 3/16/2014Burgers are amazing here. Kids love the wax they get given.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expected for brunch...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2014This place is just okay. We got a brunch reservation for 11:30 after the NYC half marathon, and after being seated, were told that they stopped serving eggs at 11. Huh?!? I've never heard that at a New York City restaurant serving weekend brunch, ever. Disappointment. Decent burgers and fries, which came out lukewarm. Had to send back a strangely colored, watered down mojito, in favor of a beer.
- attentive serviceBritinNYDined on 3/11/2014frendly smiles from the moment we walked in. they recognized that this was a business lunch and put us out of the way so we could talk. server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffRenekDined on 2/26/2014I'd eaten here once before, and it's very close to my apartment. Immediate seating, courteous service and quick food. And it all tasted great.Special Features:
- AmazingltatianaDined on 2/7/2014I had an amazing time, I went there to celebrate my 21st birthday. I had never been there before. Everyone was so nice and very attentive. Drinks were good and of course I have to disscuss prices, the prices in my opinion ( I am truly not a spender) were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Super Bowl night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/2/2014Two college friends and I met here to watch Super Bowl XLVIII. They wanted to go to a sports bar near Times Square, but I convinced them that lower Manhattan would be less crowded and just as much fun. Before the first quarter ended, they told me how much of a great find Bill's is and how they were thinking about coming back in the Spring. With so much activity - the action of the game + loud families and groups in the bar and dining area - one would expect there to be some glitches in service. Nope, not at Bill's. Our server was attentive and friendly all night. The food (fries, onion rings, chicken tenders, beef and shrimp burgers, and guacamole), selection of domestic and imported beers, and the atmosphere and location were all great.Special Features:
- Solid Burger Joint with Table Svc.XeroxManDined on 1/24/2014A solid burger place, very reasonable prices, under 15 bucks after a tip in FiDi (and inside a Marriott), glad I found it. Looking forward to getting back.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised by Bill's.mos205VIPDined on 1/17/2014Pleasantly surprised by Bill's. Food was tasty and the space was open and great for watching sports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great burger!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/9/2014A simple and well executed menu. Love the burgers and that they update on occasion. A little noisy at game time, but otherwise a comfortable neighborhood spot with decent service.Special Features:
- Was there twice for breakfast.GmanVIPDined on 1/8/2014Was there twice for breakfast. It was a combination of hotel restaurant and sports bar--unusual for a breakfast spot.
- Given other reviews, I wasJJayDined on 12/31/2013Given other reviews, I was expecting an awesome burger. The burger and other food was average at best. On a positive note, our server was great.Special Features:
- Have tried Bill's a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/31/2013Have tried Bill's a couple of times and each time I'm left thinking that I could have eaten at Shake Shack for half the price with the food being about the same. We were particularly disappointed by the advertised NYE party for kids, which turned out to just be a face painter sitting in the corner of the restaurant.
- good service, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2013Perhaps my expectations were a bit too high after reading a bunch of great reviews, but I was a little disappointed in the food. It was good, but I was expecting fantastic. I've had better burgers plenty of other places. The service was great, however. Very friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuccessAJohnsonDined on 12/28/2013I organized a small group meet-up. The table was ready as requested. The staff was very accommodating and did not rush our service. We will look to gather there again! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was FineCeciVIPDined on 12/5/2013Nothing fancy...good quality fair prices. A good place to meet before a meeting.Special Features:
- Very good serviceGrancourtDined on 11/30/2013A million congratulations for our waitress,i don't remember her name but i know that she is From Israël..She was so gentle and very polite.We were there for breakfast...thanks for your good welcoming!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!KellemarsalisDined on 11/28/2013The food was fantastic! The tomato pizza soup was simply delicious and the burgers were a great break from fancy and just plain good. We also had a local ber and our server was extremely knowledgeable about everything on the menu. We stumbled across the place because it was next to our hotel - Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Best burger I've had in ages!MyMusingsVIPDined on 11/22/2013Seriously, the burger was great and the server was terrific. I'll be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.