121 Osborne Street
Winnipeg, MB R3L 1Y4Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.billabonggastropub.com/
- Phone: (204) 452-1019
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 3:00am; Friday: 3:30pm - 3:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Darryl Crumb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are many different options, we can accommodate as many as 100 or as little as 15. Please contact us for more details
- Private Party Contact: Darryl 2048912766
A word from Billabong Gastropub
Billabong Gastropub is located in the heart of Osborne village, which has recently been voted Canada’s best neighborhood. Dine on fare created by Chef Darryl Crumb of Top Chef Canada, who will take you on a gastronomic tour of the world without leaving Winnipeg!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Billabong Gastropub reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (3)good for groups (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great food great experiencefoodygoodyDined on 11/7/2014took my boyfriend there for his birthday, we had great food and a great honest waiter. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDateNightfor2Dined on 10/10/2014We had heard about the restaurant thru other friend who had gone for a taste of Australia. It was quiet and romantic in the restaurant. Low light, nice for a romantic Dinner. Kangaroo Tacos and the Lamb Shank were excellent. Service was excellent also. It did not get busy in the restaurant until after 9:30. I would recommend this restaurant/Bar.Special Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Billabong Gastropub reviews archive.
- It was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Interesting selection of beers available. The dining experience was great, the staff were very knowledgeable and friendly. Menu ranged from interesting courses, to the usual chicken fingers and fries, so you could venture to something interesting if you wanted, or stay close to the norm.Special Features:
- Amazing as ALWAYS!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014The food, service and crowd was amazing as always. Their specials were great selection and tasty!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was greatSmokyguyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food was great, service was not particularly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findPipiVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great food and fab wine, we went on a Thursday when it was half price bottles, which made it even better! The place wasn't too busy but still had a nice vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small place with big funFrenchfoodieDined on 5/15/2014I planned my 19th birthday at billabong. Overall I had a lovely time- server was efficient and professional and offered recommendations when it came to wine! Due to the smallness of the resturant however, the set up for my group (appx 15) made it harder for everyone to interact and move about without feeling like they were disrupting fellow restaurant goers. I would highly recommend billabong but just warn of the compactness of the place- if resos are taken for couches that would be good just so everyone can some what face each other instead of being at a long table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilbebackDined on 5/2/2014The food is great in this neighbourhood gem. Service was fast and friendly. Great place to go for lunch or dinner or just for a drink and a visit with friends.Special Features:
- Disappointing birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014I had a large party (over 15 people) for my birthday and I understand that if only one server is assigned to a large table, things can be a bit slower and less attentive. However, as our party was large enough to be split into 2 tables, it was clear that each table in our party got different treatment. Our waitress took our orders all at once but our other table received their meals first, ate, finished and waited another 20 minutes for our table (at which I was seated) before we got our food, and AFTER a 1 hour wait to even get the food from when we ordered. Another member of our party ordered an appetizer which had clearly been forgotten by either the waitress or the cooks because she apologized, and it was delivered with their meal. :(
- DinnerJay36Dined on 3/24/2014Food was great and came fast Seemed a little deserted. Need more of a menu, and drink menu. And toilet was broken when we cameSpecial Features:
- Has potential!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2013To be fair to the server, we were not in a hurry and we let her know that but she was very unorganized and seemed very stressed which probably wasn't her fault as she had too many tables for one person. The food was very good for the most part. We were a party of 4 and two had fish and chips, they both said they were excellent. I had a beet salad that I loved and Mussels which were good, but could have used a little something. It would be nice to have a choice of flavours, rather than your standard basic mussel dish. This was my second visit, and I was the one to recommend it to our friends. I would return.Special Features:
- Great Servicesaucysarah84Dined on 9/24/2013We had a great experience at billabong! We were helped by the owner almost immediately upon entering. Everything was on special (2 for 1 apps and great prices on unique beers), which was great. The staff was very friendly, attentive and the food was delicious. I would definitely recommend billabong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AveragelisalisaDined on 6/2/2013Reserved but clearly did not need to as the restaurant was empty when we arrived so no happening atmosphere. It was sunday night so perhaps that is why though only 2 other tables came in in the time we were there. There were 4 of us. Tried a seasonal cocktail, though I thought the prices a little high. A few menu items were unavailable. I had broccoli soup followed by the kiwi burger with fries. Couple of others had fish and chips, one wings and chips. Might have had dessert but there was only one option available. Big portions, food was good but not great.
- I expected to find a crabMSUgirlDined on 5/18/2013I expected to find a crab sandwich there (I read in a magazine about it), but Billabong changed a menu, so no more crabs-((( I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasMissKDined on 5/10/2013Food was great. Service was poor. It was a friday evening so it was fairly busy. Reservation was easy to make (online)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ResultsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I ordered the calamari and citrus side salad. The calamari was nice and crispy and the tzaziki was great. Perfectly in keeping with similar dishes at various restaurants across the city. The salad was a disappointment. For 7$ I got a tiny bowl filled mostly with lettuce and maybe a quarter of an orange at most. I've made better salads at home, and it definitely was not a good value. On the plus side, I tried a few of my partner's fries, and they were great! Crispy, tasty and stringy.Special Features:
- this restaurant was superOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013this restaurant was super loud, I couldn't even hear my friend across the table...my food was burnt, but I was so hungry that I ate it anyway, and the waitress was alright, but constantly needed to remind her that we needed refills of drinks and at one point, she put down our drinks all at one spot so we just had to figure out who had what on our own. pretty lame experience to be honest.
- 3 Strikes...You're Out!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013First strike: we looked over the online menu before going and my mouth was watering over the boeuf bourgounion pot pie. When I tried to order it the waitress looked at me like I was crazy. I explained it was on the online menu. She said oooooo. The menu changed 3 or 4 months ago. This should give you a feel for their attention to detail.Strike 2: I ordered the pound of chicken wings, and I think the chef had a couple of fingers on the scale. What I got was more like a half pound of Cornish game hen wings. Read: Tiny!Strike 3: I must have missed the option on the menu to have my wings heated because they were barely warm.
- Service was very slow. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Service was very slow. It took a long time to get drinks and for someone to take our order. We didn't get the food for well over an hour. There aren't many items on the menu and three of the menu items weren't available. No one really enjoyed their meal. We were a large group - I don't think any of us will be returning. One person in our party had been there before with the previous owners and said the food was much better on her first visit.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Great service, great food, we will be back for the BLT ceaser and the appetizers! Thank you!Special Features:
- Rude & Hostile WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Our waiter seemed reluctant to serve us, which I could live with. However, he somehow misheard 2 of our orders, hearing us say 'the same' instead of 'the steak'. Mistakes happen, I understand that. But when the food arrived and I told him his error, he argued forcefully with me, saying that I had actually said 'the same' and deceived him somehow. Which was silly, because I didn't want the same thing my friend had ordered before me. Why would I lie? He preferred to blame me instead of taking responsibility for having half-listened to our orders. Overall, he was rude and unprofessional. Which is really too bad, because the food tasted great (when I finally got my order). Or maybe I was just starving at that point.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013The food was very good and great presentation. Portion sizes a little light. Poor dessert menu. Service was slow and best described as just adequate.Special Features:
- Surprising find! Gourmet diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Surprising find! Gourmet dining in a pub atmosphere.. Will return.Special Features:
- Went for supper after work.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/8/2013Went for supper after work. The atmosphere was relaxed, not very busy on a Tuesday night. We sat in the couches next to the window. I liked being able to see the street from there. I ordered the steak. It was very good. I have a restrictive diet so instead of the other items that usually cam with the dish I had sautéed vegetables in butter. They hit the spot too. My wife had the smoked duck and really enjoyed that too. We had theatre tickets that night and were able to leave at the right time.
- Good. Not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012It was a decent experience. The food was good enough but I wouldn't go back for the food or tell anyone to try it based on the food. I luv salt but everything was really salty. I had the calamari which was super salty. The dipping sauces were really good. I had the pulled pork taco which was great. It was very drippy but I liked the taste. Had the fried with a aioli dipping sauce which was great. The prices are reasonable and the food portions are proper so that was great too. It gives you the chance to try two things.Special Features: