5450 West Lovers Lane #225
Dallas, TX 75209Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bijouxrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2143506100x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Service Hours:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Gottlich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for all occasions! Please, contact Bijoux for details. (214-350-6100)
- Special Events: Please contact Edouard Barbaste or Gina Gottlich at Bijoux 214-350-6100. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
A word from Bijoux
Named one of the "10 Hottest New Restaurants in America" by Bon Appetit, Chef Scott Gottlich impresses with a luxe a la carte menu that changes to reflect the season. Wife, sommelier Gina Gottlich serves as the wine director, expertly pairing every course with distinctive wine selections. Chef Gottlich"s commitment to excellence is evident in every bite of his seasonal, contemporary French fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Bijoux - Best Restaurants in Park Cities ›
Bijoux reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (76)romantic (71)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (40)good for groups (7)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Elegant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The ambiance was great for me and my date. The food was well-prepared and the service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WilliamBullDined on 9/10/2014The food was superb. My only complaint was the selection of music as it did not fit the surroundings.Special Features:
- Each Dish a JewelBonViveurVIPDined on 9/6/2014Our first visit, a great experience. Service was very good - attentive, yet appropriately restrained. Food was excellent - truly innovative in presentation and flavor. The Wagyu Veal Cheeks were spectacular, the Filet was special and perfectly prepared, the Branzino was equally good. The wine list seemed a bit extravagant, but more modest and affordable on the back of the food menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicehoneybunsDined on 8/31/2014Dined here the last night of restaurant week and there were only a couple of other tables occupied. Our service was great. Although it was a limited menu, there were plenty of varied choices. The food was delicious and inventive, and the presentation was wonderful. Especially enjoyed the fois gras with rhubarb. The staff was gracious, so I felt completely at ease requesting 'warmed' cream for my after dinner coffee. The décor (mainly chairs and carpet) could use an update, hence the lower stars for ambiance. Overall, a wonderful meal with attentive service, just a little pricier than expected.
- Overrated Food and Mediocre ServiceWhitKDined on 8/30/2014I was really excited to try Bijoux but unfortunately left feeling disappointed. First we had a reservation for 815 pm and we're not seated until 845 pm. What is the point of having a reservation when you still have to wait for 30 minutes? Once we were seated the server was pleasant but very slow. It took us 15 minutes before our drink order was taken and about 45 minutes before any food was on our table. Next the food that was included on the restaurant week menu was fairly bland. The salmon was flavorless and the poached egg was lack luster. However the "up charge" dishes were amazing such as the mussels and pork belly. This tells me that Bijoux has the ability to make good food but did not put their best foot forward for restaurant weekSpecial Features:
- DELICIOUSLY NEW FRENCHTeriDined on 8/30/2014EXCELLENT ASSORTMENT OF EXCEPTIONAL FRENCH INSPIRED DISHES WITH WONDERFUL WINE PAIRINGS. WE LOVED IT!Special Features:
- Excellent!luv2eatoutDined on 8/29/2014Our Restaurant Week repeat visit did not disappoint. Food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- mecaDined on 8/29/2014Bijoux is a lovely find... quiet, distinguished though not fussy or too dressy for a comfortable evening meal for two or a special event. The food is always a treat and well prepared and presented. The staff is very welcoming and quietly serving...Special Features:
- Francophile1WanttotalknotshoutDined on 8/24/2014This was a terrific experience: best food, best service, pleasant ambiance. It deserves to be much more crowded than it was when we were there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French DiningPicabooDined on 8/19/2014Very nice restaurant-traditional white table cloths, very attentive servers, and quality food and wine. Two of my friends and I went for restaurant week and were pleased with our dining experience. I had the poached egg, salmon, and caramel cheesecake. The poached egg with the fresh tomatoes was very light, and I loved the small beans with the perfectly cooked salmon. The caramel cheesecake was my least favorite as the caramel was a gelee glaze and not very rich in my favorite burnt sugar flavor! The cheesecake itself wasn't overly sweet which was nice, but would have preferred a bruleed top or thick caramel sauce.Special Features:
- Great Dinner and EveninggranfunDined on 8/19/2014We chose to take our Granddaughter here before she returned to College. Had such a wonderful time. The food was super and the waitstaff was fabulous. A great place to go for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-timerrkshaddixDined on 8/19/2014Honestly, I am not big of French food and this was my friend's choice. That being said, I liked everything I tried, including the pork belly, which is a reach for me. The mussels were wonderful, but really small. The arugula salad and salmon were both great, and I really enjoyed the recommended wine pairings. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodNinjaDined on 8/15/2014Great first experience. Would definitely recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Our family of 4 arrived and no one took our drink orders for 10 minutes. After the drinks arrived, no one took our order until we asked one of the busboys to get our waiter. Head waiter came and looked as though he really could not be bothered. He seemed very attentive and cheerful with other tables (maybe because my husband and I and our 2 children did not order expensive alcoholic beverages, we don't really know) and never came back to check on us after we ordered our food. Our main entrees took very long to come out so we asked our busboy about it. Note that all the bus boys and helpers were GREAT and NICE; only our head waiter had issues. The nice bus boy told our head waiter about our long wait and he still did not come over.Special Features:
- HighStandardsDined on 8/14/2014We were seated 25 minutes after our reserved time. The couple at the table next to us was not seared until an hour after their reservations. The food served was not worth the $45 restaurant week price that they charged. Warm cheesecake, truffle oil risotto that tasted like straight up truffle oil & nothing else. Warm cheesecake that should have been cold, bland duck. I won't be returning.
- Just OKDallasFoodLoverDined on 8/14/2014Compared to other high end restaurants in Dallas, Bijoux just falls short. Perhaps they dumb down their menu options for restaurant week. Everything was cooked to perfection and it was delicious! However, I wouldn't pick this spot over other nice places in Dallas. The food doesn't hit you over the head with big flavors. The best dish I had was their foie gras. It was served with poached rhubarb and pickled strawberry and was absolutely delicious. One last critique was that the restaurant was way too bright. I was the youngest in there for what felt like was about 40 years so perhaps that is why. The brightness definitely takes away from what would otherwise be quite the romantic ambience.Special Features:
- MonalegalDined on 8/13/2014As always, the food and service were exceptional. While the food for the Restaurant Week menu is understandably less varied than the regular menu, it has the same high quality and exquisite preparation and service.Special Features:
- LadiesDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed the Restaurant Week menu, service, and ambiance - very nice experience overall!Special Features:
- BijouxEngteachDined on 8/12/2014The food was good but only if you like fish. Otherwise you don't have much of a choice.Special Features:
- BijouxLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/9/2014I was very disappointed when I asked to be served a soup or salad as the fourth course since I am allergic to mussels. I cannot imagine any other posh restaurant to be so unaccomodating to a patron that was allergic to shellfish. .
- Awesome vegetarian friendlyKHUSHiDined on 8/8/2014The chef is amazing and very nice. He's accommodated us several times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/7/2014Staff was very attentive and every item (salad, appetizer, 3 tasting entrees, dessert) was delicious. Only 1 other table was occupied and it was pretty expensive.Special Features:
- Some of the best French in Dallas10BV01Dined on 8/3/2014Bijoux was truly special - started with prawns and foie gras, moved on to sole, Wagyu beef cheek, and truffle risotto, topped it off with a delicious soufflé. Every bite was spectacular. The restaurant was especially quiet (Sunday night), but that wasn't an issue. If you're a foodie and appreciate authentic French food, Bijoux is a must.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceJohnADined on 8/2/2014Bijoux never disappoints. Go for the Chefs tasting menu with the pairings. Wonderful !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014We did the tasting menu, with the wine pairings. It was terrific! Would recommend and will return.Special Features:
- Fabulous!TC623Dined on 8/1/2014We came here on a recommendation and the food, service and everything about it was just awesome. All of our server's (I think he was also the manager) dish recommendations were amazing and I'm so glad we listened to him. Definitely get the prawns, the beef cheeks, and the souffle!! We will absolutely be returning soon :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014Relaxing atmosphere. Staff was very attentive as it was not a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLakewoodDined on 7/26/2014We went with a group of 6 on Saturday night. The food and service were outstanding. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Great eveningRandKVIPDined on 7/25/2014Somalis was outstanding as was the service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply divineFoodieShoppieWinoDined on 7/25/2014We tried this fantastic French restaurant based on online reviews and were thrilled. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. We were four women who had a long day of shopping and were expecting a nice meal, but we were treated to a fantastic experience. All four of us have eaten French food all over the world, and everyone insisted that we eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 7 1/2 years and running strong!HeadhunterVIPDined on 7/14/2014This lovely little restaurant continues to delight. Tender Mussels were well prepared in a subtle sauce. Truffled risotto was superb with generously cut black truffles. Article char main course was equally well prepared.Special Features:
- disgruntledDined on 7/12/2014Have dined here before, but this was a poor experience. Service was really poor. Waited for drink order. Our soup/salad took exactly 1 hour to come to the table. Entree another 35 minutes. Had to ask for bread, ice tea, more drinks. The tenderloin was overdone - dry! Portions on the small plates were very small - my sole couldn't have been more than 3-4 ounces. Felt I had to apologize to our guests for the sad experience.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014Bijoux is always top of the line on whatever they serve with a helpful wait-staff and a well thought out wine list for food pairings.Special Features:
- Worth the pricePatrickNolanDined on 6/27/2014We had the chef's tasting menu with the wine pairings. It was pricey, but I can honestly say it was worth every penny. The vegetables were so fresh and tasty that I have trouble doing them justice. The wine pairings were great with each course. The executive chef came by and checked on us several times, and when we asked about an extra course before dessert, he put together a cheese plate for each of us. Do yourself a favor and find an excuse to visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodimonsecondVIPDined on 6/25/2014Have been here 3 times, and while the food is great, the quality of the service varied. This time the service was great. It has the type of menu where you should enjoy being adventurous and/or have a knowledgeable waitperson. The menu is eclectic and there will be at least one ingredient you won't recognize in each dish. I like the location, the food, the ambiance so, for me, it's a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantMbren530VIPDined on 6/19/2014We spent a pleasant evening enjoying the food and ambiance. Quiet enough to enjoy conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful foodamoshobbsDined on 6/14/2014This place has truly good food and beautiful presentations. we had two appetizers, two different entrees, soup and 2 different desserts. every single dish was superb (except the flan, but what do you expect, it was flan) and the presentation was extravagant. I loved it. The portions are modest, so don't come here expecting a typical american feast. The Bijoux is a great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bestjmctex60Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had a great dining experience. The service was excellant, the food was one of the best meals we have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Travelzoo specialDonbasDined on 6/2/2014Would not have found this place without Travelzoo. No much road visibility but well worth the search! The food is simply delious with many interesting choices prepared with all those wonderful Fench sauces! Quiet so you can talk across the table without shouting. We loved the experience in the lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time's a charm!FirsttimerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Just returned to Bijoux for the second time, this time to try the tasting menu. It was just as superb as our first visit! There were three in our party, and we all loved each & every course: from the pea soup to the skatewing to the foie gras to the lamb, right down to the pot de creme! The sauces on each course were superb with deliciously intense flavors, and each course served in a perfectly timed pace even though the restaurant was busy. This chef is a magician with food! But we do find that much of the charm for our evening continues to go to Maitre D' Edouard Barbaste, who is charming, attentive, knowledgeable and is a real asset to Bijoux! This is our new favorite restaurant and we can't wait for our next visit!Special Features: