1920 14th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bijouverobeach.com/
- Phone: (772) 226-5254
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chuck Arnold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Wine
A word from bijou
Creative nouveau french bistro specializing in fresh seafood and French favorites done in a lighter style with a great american and french wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
bijou - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
bijou reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (25)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- The desert was devine-Best I have ever had.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014From the service to the food, I had the best evening in a long time. Now, I must just rave about the desert as that alone will keep me coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2014First time there and it exceeded my expectations. From the way we were greeted at the door until we left the restaurant, we were given special attention. I ordered the barramundi served with a beet salad and it was delicious. The other three in our party ordered different dishes and we had no leftovers...all were extremely pleased with their meals. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HutchDined on 11/15/2014First time visit and was really happy with the place, the food, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a true gem in Vero Beach!!GreggDined on 11/13/2014I have eaten here twice and the food and staff are simply terrific! I loved that my server remembered the wine I had on a previous visit and asked if I would like the same? AWESOME!! This last visit I had the braised short rib wrapped in parchment paper....it was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseverohikersDined on 11/7/2014A number of restaurants have occupied this location but this one is by far the best. I liked the change in decor, simplified and understated. It was quiet enough that diners could have a conversation. The host and servers were gracious and attentive without being intrusive. We selected to have the wine dinner which included a bottle of wine, soup or salad and dessert for the price of any entree. This is a special place and may not be a place to run to any night of the week for a bite to eat... but then again...we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joebDined on 11/1/2014We had reservations for 6, but only 5 were able to attend, and 1 was very late. The service was impeccable, we were not rushed, so therefore we had a very enjoyable evening. The food was excellent, and we will all return very soon!!!Special Features:
- Great find in Vero BeachGreggDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant has a great menu, friendly and attentive service on all levels. My steak was cooked perfectly, the oyster tart amazing and my dessert was delicious. This is a restaurant that I will definitely return to both by myself and with guests who are visiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5jerseyfriendsDined on 10/24/2014Fish dishes were outstanding. Ribeye not upto comparable stabdards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findGreatNightOut4Dined on 10/23/2014Food was excellent, as was the service. a bit noisy...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant but pricey.BeckyDined on 10/16/2014Service was very good but felt the menu was very pricey for what was presentedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Exceeded our expectations for our wedding anniversary night out. Food & service were fantasticI would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not worth the pricePattiInFloridaVIPDined on 10/3/2014We do not mind paying $$$ for a meal, but this was not a meal that compared to other local eateries of the same caliber. My husbands fish was very good, my salmon was dry, the soup of the evening was bland, the tuna sashimi was well seasoned, and the key lime bread pudding was good but not great. The interior was very blank, just linen tables topped with white butcher paper, a few pictures on the bigger walls, appears as if they are in the middle of remodeling, but not the case. I am glad we tried the restaurant, but most likely not visit again unless another couple picks this restaurant.
- New LocationwpdeurVIPDined on 10/3/2014The move by Bijou to new location has resulted in a much better restaurant experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014My wife and I have been four times and we have enjoyed each experience. We had Mike as our waiter twice, wife really was impressed. We plan to go again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoJoDined on 10/1/2014Wonderful little place. Food was delicious and beautifully presented. Also they now have a full liquor bar.Special Features:
- Making up for mistakesEater2Dined on 9/19/2014Have been here several times. Food is always excellent, as is usually the service. On this night, we were neglected for a time and had to request service. After several apologies, the staff made up for the wait by giving us complementary cocktails. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.AydensmDined on 9/13/2014We have talked about going to dinner here so often and just never made it happen. I am so glad that we finally did! It was truly delicious. The menu was far from boring. The flavor combinations were spot on. From the first bite of the creamy blue cheese sauce over sautéed spinach and escargot, to the last decadent bite of lush cake and every bite in between, it was all absolutely delightful. The Scottish salmon was insanely good and the duck breast was sinful. The drinks were also wonderful. I highly recommend it. Service was attentive, but not annoying. I thoroughly enjoyed every second and look forward to trying something new next time.Special Features:
- Overall - a pleasurable experienceFoodiemeVIPDined on 9/12/2014This night my husband and I shared a very tasty appetizer - tuna sashimi with fried wontons and delicious sauce. We then both had a delicious sweet potato bisque with layers of flavors. For entrees, my husband had the special fish dish of the evening - it was very very good. I had the scallop dish with the chef agreeing to my request of the scallops being served over risotto rather than the menu choice accompaniments. I had had this dish on a previous visit and in my opinion the scallops were overwhelmed. The scallops were cooked perfectly and were in yummy harmony with the risotto. Service by Amanda was flawless. My only suggestion would be that the chef keep the menu items simple and clean.Special Features:
- 2foodezsDined on 9/5/2014Fantastic food and service.!!!!Friendly and knowledgable staff. Great place to eat for any occasion. Menu is diverse and satisfies any palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb every single time!BrandonWillBeBackDined on 9/5/2014I've gone to Bijou on numerous occasions, and the food is absolutely amazing every time! It's not always the same either, which is nice; I like switching it up. Our server on this last trip, Amanda, was phenomenal as well. She's the only one I remember by name because she made such a good impression: great hospitality, always smiling, very sweet toned voice, and always happy to accommodate. Love the newer location I so much better for Bijou, so much more seating, which make happier customers :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great move to new locationBarronVIPDined on 9/4/2014We have enjoyed Bijou in the past at the old location. The new location has much more room, is more comfortable and has a full bar. The wine list while not notable has a number of very nice reasonably priced wines. The food was excellent with different twists on dishes. The service was also excellent. If you are in Vero this is a place to try.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The day after we were still talking about how wonderful our dinner was at Bijou! Bijou has an outstanding chef and terrific staff. My husband said it was one of his best dining out experience in years! Will be trying out their other two restaurants (Burp and Avanzare) soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't trust all reviewsmentzieDined on 8/23/2014Nice Place and menu.Food So-So.Started with duck fat potatoes ?? No flavor.Calamari was good.Scallops and Short ribs good Filet very tiny, fatty and sides were overcooked and tasted the same[mac n cheese and spinach].Overall just good not special like we were hopeing for.Service was fair at best,maybe because we were not regularsSpecial Features:
- Very good but not greatFoodiefromsfDined on 8/22/2014Food was well cooked but a little precious. Like they were trying a bit too hard, rather than just letting the quality ingredients speak.Meal was expensive and I so wanted it to be off the charts. It was good but not great.Dessert was terrific and the staff were lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- why so ugly and expensive?discerningVIPDined on 8/21/2014i just dont understand charging high prices for a restaurant that looks like a bus depot - food was above average but nothing to brag about. I think a lot of chefs simply list selections to sell without thinking of how the meal could come together. Wouldn't recommend.
- Blissful Bijou!cachcoDined on 8/15/2014We tried Bijou based on the overwhelming good reviews. We ordered the summer special which has slightly changed. You choose any entree and for the price if the entree (mine was $32) you also get choice of a salad or their amazing homemade soup, wonderful bread and a bottle of wine! A terrific value; especially because the food is delicious! I had the cast iron seared scallops over figs and sweet potatoes. I paid a slight upgrade ($2) for the brie salad. Worth it! My husband had the Australian white fish and the pureed eggplant soup served with a mussel fritatta. Amazing! The soup was such a treat! Fresh and flavorful. I could barely get him to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findBeachDinerDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food with a $15.50 early bird special that could not be beat. Very nice neighborhood restaurant. Eclectic menuSpecial Features:
- Was disappointed...VeroFoodDined on 8/13/2014Appetizer was great, but got the special Dover Sole - dry, overcooked; very disappointed in this waste of a great fish. Side accompaniment of spinach was very good, gnocci, was bland. Service was fair. Will most likely not go back as Vero offers many more better options for a special meal.
- Loved It!DinerDined on 8/12/2014We had high expectations - but they were exceeded. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- JohnLJohnLDined on 8/12/2014Ambiance, service and food was outstanding. We ordered from Bijou's early menu and everyone in our party of four raved about both their appetizer and main course. And, on top of that, the portions were quite generous. We'll be going back again... soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We'd heard such great things about Bijou and had been turned away once before, not having reservations. We made them this time, and the place was packed. New location has zero ambiance, service was okay but not great, and side dishes that came with our steaks were creamed spinach and mac and cheese. Not very French. And also not very good by any measure - very little flavor, and greasy. Steaks were well cooked but glaze was flavorless. Definitely a big disappointment.
- Very enjoyable dinnersluvfoodDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed dinner here twice recently (short rib and lobster risotto) ....both times, very good! Service was exceptional. Will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in VeroHibiscus1Dined on 8/2/2014New location with updated decor makes Bijou even more appealing when combined with the great $50 dinners. Have been on a few occasions and it's been consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Bijou experienceKtFoodie9668Dined on 8/1/2014The highlight of the meal was our server- she was great! Attentive and offered complimentary dessert when she learned we were celebrating an anniversary. A+ for her. But Restaurant was very hot with little air flow and I drank 10 glasses of water to stay cool! Turned off immediately by plastic fake candles. Airplane pics were cool. But I'd give it D- for atmosphere. And the food was not very French inspired- my Mac and cheese was crunchy. My braised beef was just ok. DH had rare tuna and loved it but again, more Asian, not very French...on positive French note, I loved the Brie salad and creme brûlée. Definitely order the artichoke tartlet. Food B-. Overall, C+. Just Meh. Not bad. But not cravable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiemeVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ate here for a second time in one week - we both had the burandi fish special - the fish was prepared very well - sweet and flaky - it was served with a fried green tomato with a lobster compote - this was perfect - the chef overcomplicated the dish by adding white beans cooked with ham and a sundried tomato puree - these were not needed. For an appetizer we shared what I would call a modern oysters Rockefeller - delicious! We also had a Vidalia onion/buttermilk bisque - delightful - The second time around was as good as the first - again the gratis bottle of wine special was a nice touch -Special Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Filet mignon was grizzly....service very slow even though they were not very busy. Will not return as food was simply not that good.
- The following 66 reviews are from the bijou reviews archive.
- Bijou is a must!KimberlyDined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my father's birthday at Bijou and everything was fantastic! My husband loves to go there when we are in town as they are the only restaurant that he can get a pork ribeye and it's delicious! Brie salad was wonderful as was the lobster risotto. Service was perfect and we never felt rushed or had to wait for anything and the place was full. And always a pleasure seeing Roger! If you're local and have not tried Bijou, you need to go and if you plan on visiting Vero Beach, put them on your list. Love the vibrant feel now of the downtown area with all the restaurants and bars and not having to always go beachside to have a great night out!Special Features:
- Bijou - a restaurant jewelFoodiemeVIPDined on 7/26/2014We ate at Bijoux when it first opened in the smaller setting across the street from its new location - we had a bad experience due to "the worst waiter" in the world - who previously worked at Citrus Grillhouse. Last Saturday night we returned to the new venue. What a difference a move makes. Everything was very good - I had the lobster risotto - first rate - my husband had the salmon both dishes served hot and very tasty. I opted for the cauliflower soup and my husband opted for the watermelon salad - again both delicious. Better yet we got a bottle of wine gratis that we enjoyed. For martini drinkers - well done! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bijou Was FantasticBobbiDined on 7/25/2014Three of us when to this restaurant for a birthday celebration. One has the Braised Short Rib, one had the Duck and one had Salmon. All were completely happy with the meal. We were given a free bottle of wine and the service was excellent. We all loved it!Special Features:
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Locally owned and operated, Bijou has a wonderful atmosphere with great food and and wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.