1920 14th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bijouverobeach.com/
- Phone: (772) 226-5254
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chuck Arnold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Wine
A word from bijou
Creative nouveau french bistro specializing in fresh seafood and French favorites done in a lighter style with a great american and french wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
bijou - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
bijou reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (27)special occasion (25)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Locally owned and operated, Bijou has a wonderful atmosphere with great food and and wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food and service was aone and I can not wait to return often Just wish they had their chefs table like they had in their prior location The early bird summer special is a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible French CuisineDavidADined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend loves French cuisine, so I found the Bijou on Yelp and decided to give them a go. I'm so glad I did! The place is a little hard to find, because it is tucked into the corner of a small strip mall (and Apple Maps has it in the wrong location), but we managed to find it as we pulled a u-turn. It has a cozy, neighborhood air that is inviting and friendly. Casual. Based on this, I was surprised on how high class the meal was. We have eaten in Michelin star restaurants in Europe, and the food here was arguably better - and much more affordable. Each plate had multiple elements of flavors and textures that made it all the more memorable. Overall, dollar for dollar this is the best meal I have had - and that is saying a lot. :)Special Features:
- Great food for for holiday weekendFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had the best food at Bijou's and attentive service. We will go back there when we are in the area again. The early bird dinner menu was a bargain at around $15 for an appetizer and entree. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeMarsh21Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I stopped in and had a nice time. The food was good but there is room for some improvement. The duck was cooked perfectly but the filo dough side I received was soggy but I liked the idea. Filled with raisins, figs and I believe goat cheese it was a nice attempt at something different but needed better execution. The brown sauce over my duck was fine but it was the same brown sauce used on my wife's steak. My wife's "duck fat potatoes" were a bit light on the duck fat as we didn't really taste it. Also, her steak was charred which took away from the flavor and seemed to be broiled instead of pan fried which is always better. Desert was very nice and we enjoyed our service. Nice place but needed better execution.Special Features:
- WonderfulChiefDined on 6/27/2014What a great move! Great food now in a comfortable less noisy space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in Vero BeachCarlaandEdDined on 6/25/2014Our dinner was the best we have tasted in Vero! We had the watermelon, beet and blue cheese salad, and the warm Brie salad with grapes, thinly sliced apple, strawberries and a perfect vinaigrette. Our entries were their short ribs and their special barramundi which were both excellent. We highly recommend Bijou - treat yourself to a lovely dinner with a loved one and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing culinary creationsFoodie9VIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I discovered this restaurant last summer by chance. This summer, we were in Vero for 3 nights and ate at Bijou 2 times. The chef is amazing. We thought he was a genius when we tasted the smoked raisins last summer, but he topped himself. The scallion cheddar cornbread with bacon jam and artichoke tart were beyond words. I'd say more, but what would be the point. All I can say is, if you have the chance to eat at Bijou, do it.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceLindcVIPDined on 6/18/2014Delicious food and great service. I really like their new location, with indoor and outdoor seating and full bar. They had a great menu with additional creative specials for the evening. Looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic French/American dininggafichtelDined on 6/13/2014Bijou although having been in Vero Beach, just moved to its new location off 14th Avenue was new to us. We broke out of our routine and decided to try this restaurant. Each course had a wonderful presentation, paring of flavors, and balance. The dining room is spacious and quiet although full which is a problem is so many beach side spots with a spacious bar artfully separated from the dinner guests. The creme brule was perfection and the strawberry short cake looked like a piece of art work. They have a special summer menu, so if that doesn't bring you out to sample this wonderful dining spot you are missing something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Need help with the air conditioning - it was quite warm. Need some round tables to seat 6 or 8. Could use some more wall art.Special Features:
- good mealfoodieguyDined on 5/27/2014pleased with our meal. well prepared. nice ambience. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a consistent winnerhappydinerDined on 5/24/2014As always, Bijou was a wonderful, the "special" was a wonderful surprise. Our server (a different Steve than usual) was attentive, informative, and made our evening special. Our usual waiter (also Steve) was sorely missed of course. The only negative (and this is no fault of anyone) the air conditioner was broken, and that really affected the overall enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 5/16/2014Great food and great service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find..LyndaDined on 5/13/2014The food was great, the service was super. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The food was excellent as was the service. The bread that was served was dry and hard. My only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little piece of Paris in VeroCranebrothersVIPDined on 4/30/2014We booked this based on the reviews and they were spot on. It was like being inside one of those busy little bistro. Food was delightful, wine could have been chilled more but they did have an issue with the cellar that day. Wait staff very attentive, located in a quaint mainstreet area and you definitely would have to know about it from someone or read reviews like we did. It felt like we were eating at one of those Paris out of the way spots that only the locals go to. I highly recommend you try it, don't be in a hurry this food is made to order. You eat as the French do relaxing & enjoying each bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Find!DottyJVIPDined on 4/22/2014This was our first visit. The food was amazing! Service was attentive, without being intrusive. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Eatwell22Dined on 4/15/2014Great food and service. A regular for us and other foodies. Warm, likeable staff who get to know your name. Fun dining at the bar overlooking the kitchen. The chefs are happy to converse and share their secrets.Special Features:
- Great againMaggieDined on 4/12/2014Thanks to all for a great meal. Creative and consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weeknight dining bestverofoodieDined on 4/9/2014It is EXTREMELY small, so noise can be a problem if very busy- but on week nights only 1/2 of tables full-better environment. (experienced dinning on both a Sat & a Wednesday night) Vero Beach is home to many older, hard of hearing folks who tend to "shout" at each other-especially evident when you have 2 elderly couples at both tables on either side of you... UGH! ( not any fault of Bijou-just a fact of life when dining out in most of FL) But most importantly- LOVE LOVE LOVE THE FOOD- The service is flawless!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Early Dining MenukjjjDined on 4/1/2014This was our second time dining at Bijou. The first visit was outstanding. Everything was fresh and delicious. The second visit was very good. Both visits, we ordered off of the early dining menu which is an appetizer and entree for about $16. The servings are plentiful. As a matter of fact, we ordered the escargot tart that sounded amazing. It was good, but not outstanding. However, it was huge. The appetizer alone would've been enough for lunch. The service and presentation of the food here is top notch and we'll go back a third time.Special Features:
- Charming bistro feelPorciniVIPDined on 3/29/2014In general, in an area full of mediocre restaurants, this place does stand out. However, there were a few misses. The salads were tasty, but way over dressed. The fish with truffle oil and honey had way to much honey. And the waiter was way too zealous ! I would return as I think the food is interesting. The sashimi appetizer was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!BeejDined on 3/26/2014The biggest drawback (and this is not a deal breaker!) is the noise level! The earlier the dinner the quieter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/19/2014Amazing food, great service. Love sitting near kitchen...much quieter'Special Features:
- bijou - fine dining VeroVerodiningDined on 3/18/2014From the minute you walked in the door you felt welcome. The service was impeccable and the staff anticipated our every need .It is impressive that they offer samples. The suggested wine pairing was right on. The menu items were creative and the presentation was attractive. Everything was delicious. For a party of six the long table and noise level made conversation difficult. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vero has to offer!KwanyinDined on 3/15/2014Best food I've had in Vero Beach in the 15 years I've lived here. Creative without being overdone. Flavours perfectly melded. The Chef's table offers "dinner and a show"! Absolutely loved it!Special Features:
- Very nicerwblawDined on 3/13/2014A great combination European and american atmosphere. Intimate and fine diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRichardDined on 3/12/2014Our only disappointment was the lack of an espresso and cappuccino maker. To have enjoyed the great food up to this point and then find that the restaurant could not provide an espresso or cappuccino was a big disappointment. They used to have one but it got taken away. Bad decision! With so many great restaurants in VB, this will affect our decision to return. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT THERE YETMetrodoris2Dined on 3/12/2014A variety of wines and price ranges. The homemade rolls with a herbal hint were good. The pork belly with a blueberry sauce was delicious, and the salmon tatare was superb. The fried snapper with pineapple risotto did not work. The fish was rubbery and overwhelmed by the pineapple & the accompanying sauces made it overly sweet. The surf and turf was an ordinary , stringy braised beef with two or three sautéed scallops thrown in. The chocolate bombe was quite good, the creme brûlée was inexcusable. The custard overcooked and full of air holes, the too-thick layer of flamed sugar was burnt, slightly bitter and stuck to your teeth. Given bijou's reputation, the major lapses in basic culinary practice are troubling and need to be noted.
- Perfection and CreativityartnfoodfanDined on 3/7/2014The meal was perfection from the first course escargot in puff pastry; to the main course sliced duck breast in pear sauce with sweet potato/pecan puree and baby spinach with garlic; to the dessert - peanut butter bread pudding with mixed berry compote and peanut brittle. All served beautifully with artistic flair and terrific service. Can't wait to go back!!! Husband's steak and french fries (the best ever-crisp and hot) also tops!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2014Excellent menu with everything cooked to perfection! Tables are close and noise level high but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good selections, small bistroBBBBDined on 3/1/2014Food selections for 1st and 2nd course wonderful. Local fish fresh off the boat, service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From beginning to end theyduffnerDined on 2/26/2014From beginning to end the meal was fabulous! The restaurant is small so reservations are a must! Mike, our server, was friendly and attentive. We had a wonderful dinning experience and we will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a nice surprise!chubDined on 2/25/2014We were greeted very warmly to this small restaurant of simple elegance. Very attentive staff but not at all intrusive. My spinach salad was different and delicious, as was my salmon entree. The three of us wished we had appetite left for dessert, but we all agreed that the coffee was exceptionally good. We will be back!Special Features:
- early Valentine's DayJGinA2Dined on 2/13/2014We wanted to try Bijou, and since they were fully booked for Valentine's Day we decided to go the night before. We met friends there who were in the same boat! The menu we'd seen online had just changed the day before, but there still several entrees that were hard to choose between. I would say that the chef is inventive without being fussy, and everything we had was quite tasty.Special Features:
- The food was very good. OurDickDined on 2/11/2014The food was very good. Our waiter, Stephen was fantastic. A memorable evening.Special Features:
- Vero Beach is lucky to have BijouNYBritVIPDined on 2/8/2014We just returned from a week in Vero Beach, and by a long shot - Bijou was the best meal by far. The Rustic Oyster Stew was unlike anything experienced previously, and the Short Ribs literally melted in your mouth. With terrific service from Stephen, and his knowledgable wine suggestions (always with a taste to confirm), this was by far the most sophisticated and enjoyable restaurant we visited. The other places we went just didn't have a professional feeling, and the food and service were mediocre to poor. Just google the top Vero restaurants and that's where we went. Save yourself the trouble and go to Bijou straightaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at BijouOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/7/2014One of our favorites on Vero. My wife and I really like this place. From the time you walk in the door until you leave all the staff makes you feel like they are glad you came in. In addition the food is fantastic. We both had the pork rib eye (neither of us had ever had this cut before). Wow! It was delicious and melted in your mouth. Accompanied by a good red wine it hot us ready for the dessert. A "chocolate dome" accompanied by homemade toffee. We will return before we leave town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent and ourChefDined on 2/6/2014Food was excellent and our server gave excellent service. Only complaint would be the confusion over the entrance. Sign stated "open" but doors were locked. We did eventually find our way but a simple sign would help.Special Features: