Bighorn Bistro and Bar
22101 US Highway 6
Keystone, CO 80435-7821Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bighorn Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.keystoneresort.com/diningdetail/Key+-+Bighorn+Steakhouse.axd
- Phone: 9704964386x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Chris Brinkman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Bighorn and Littlehorn rooms can both be used for large private parties depending on availability. Capacity for 150. Slightly larger parties are possible, call for details if interested.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony Maguire 9704963747x
- Cross Street: Decatur Road
- Public Transit: The Bighorn Steakhouse is located inside of the Keystone Lodge and Spa. The Lodge is accessible by both the Summit Stage bus line, and the Keystone bus line.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The Bighorn Steakhouse offers valet parking through the lodge, in addition to an on-site public lot.
A word from Bighorn Bistro and Bar
Bighorn Bistro & Bar offers fine dining without all the fuss. Seasonally inspired, locally purchased, from scratch appetizers and entrees are fresh made,never from the freezer. Soak in breathtaking views of the Keystone Lake & The Continental Divide as you enjoy masterfully prepared cuisine so good you will want to write home about it! Located in the Keystone Lodge & Spa adjacent to the Keystone Lake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bighorn Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Needs some work but much improvedDinnerDateVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have been to this restaurant many times over the years and the quality goes up and down each year. First, they need to update their Open Table page...it is no longer a steak restaurant and the menu has drastically changed. Also worth noting, a new head chef just started this week (after our visit). The service has improved greatly but they need to focus on the details (we said we were going to share appetizers and not only did they not bring us share plates, they never replaced our bread plates when we used those for the appetizers). The appetizers were great, but the steaks were horrible (probably why they are no longer a steak place). We will try it again to see what the new chef adds.Special Features:
- Good Food But Could Be Much Bettersnowqueen14Dined on 7/5/2014We are locals in the area who frequent Bighorn Steakhouse. This last visit had a "nice" trout that was well-prepared but the sauce was lack-luster and the fried risotto cake ...yuck: dry and hard. The peach cobbler was just OK. The peaches were underdone and the topping was very plain. Not their best effort.Special Features:
- Food needs helpparkfamDined on 7/5/20145 of us had dinner and only 1 was worth it, other than the kids meal. Filet was over-cooked and over priced. Chicken was dry and tough. Poblano dish was dry. Bison rib eye was good. Calamari was very good, light and not chewy. Heirloom tomato bruschetta was good, but not really heirloom tomatoes, just cherry tomatoes, still nice flavor. Worst one was ordering 1 of the 2 soups on the menu and being told it wasn't ready yet and it would be a few hours before it was! What is that? Then offered a soup that wasn't on the menu. Price seemed high even for resort dining for what you got. Overall nice view, good service, but new summer menu tries to be too exotic and doesn't pull it off.Special Features:
- Best Views in Summit CountyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014If you are looking for an excellent place to spend a special occasion, or you just want to experience an excellent meal with the best views in Summit County, Bighorn Bistro and Bar is the place for you. There service is excellent, the food is exquisite and the views are breathtaking.Special Features:
- Excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/27/2014We were in Keystone for a conference and needed a large, quiet space to meet and dine, and the restaurant very kindly put our group in a separate room so we could conduct our meeting without disrupting other patrons. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. Great experience!Special Features:
- The following 64 reviews are from the Bighorn Bistro and Bar reviews archive.
- not enough steakLindaDined on 3/30/2014When we made our reservation, I checked the menu and what was there was the "old" menu, that they haven't had since last fall. We therefore went there expecting a steakhouse but it is now a Bistro and Bar. Food was good but not really what we wanted; since we were out of town we settled for it instead of leaving. Atmosphere and views make up for that mistake. Anyway we recommend updating your menus on all websites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in KeystoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Good wine, good food, good service, and didn't break the bank.Special Features:
- We went with a group of friends.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014We went with a group of friends. The service was very good and our waitress heard us talking about how to call a cab and she called a shuttle to come and pick us up. That was great 5Star service.Food was overall good. Some hits at our table and some just ok. The Bighorn salad was excellent. The Kale salad was ok, nothing special. The Brussels sprout salad was good but was not a Brussels sprout salad. The people that got it at our table were disappointed in it. The Buffalo Steak was excellent. The Beef tenderloin was excellent in taste. We did have one of them come out really raw when it was suppose to be Medium rare. The fish was greasy and not good. The Elk was ok it needed more seasoning. Overall it was a good meal and very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were expecting a steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/25/2014We were expecting a steakhouse and instead got a wild game restaurant with very strange tastes Our Waitress Lindy was great! Re
- AmazingDzubzDined on 2/21/2014Came here to celebrate a birthday and the end of our vacation. Perfect spot! Great vibe, staff, and service. Very accommodating. Excellent food! The best meal of our vacation. Everything was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok given the choicesSlnycVIPDined on 2/15/2014I've been skiing in keystone for over 15 years and my general feeling is that the quality of dining at the resort has steadily declined. The bighorn steakhouse is one of the better of a limited set of choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been MUCH better!!ReviewerDined on 2/15/2014I very rarely have negative reviews for restaurants, but when I spend $200 for my family to eat I expect more than what we received at BigHorn. The meat was tough and not tasty. The server had a really poor attitude. The view we had was nice of the ice skating rink. We won't go there again.
- Fabulous Birthday CelebrationMAColoDined on 2/15/2014Everett was our waiter and anticipated our every need. I had the fish of the night and my husband had the rack of lamb. Both were fabulously prepared and presented. Great wine list along with great service. And leave room fit desert in the living room next to a roaring fire. What a treat! We will always plan a special dinner every time we visit Keystone. Thanks again to the staff and chef for making my husband's birthday so specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, underfed628likestocookDined on 2/14/2014Food very good... Interesting flavor combinations with excellent presentation. The problem? Not enough food! Came home and ate a bowl of cereal. They threw in free dessert for the lack of sauce on one entree and the lack of food on both.
- An interesting and variedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014An interesting and varied menu with a nice presentation. Something for everyone. I look forward to trying other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!MikeDDined on 2/14/2014The trout duo was superb, and Bighorn had a solid selection of wines to choose form. It's worth noting that the restaurant is located in the lower level of Keystone Resort so most of the parking is across US with pedestrian access through a walkway below the road. It appears the Bighorn Steakhouse is now named Bighorn Bistro & Bar, which is more suiting as the menu doesn't reflect what you would expect at a typical steakhouse and has somewhat limited choices. A nice place to take a date but a bit on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous new menuHungryVIPDined on 2/9/2014Top picks: mussels, Brussels sprouts/foresee salad, pumpkin risotto, salmon, osso buco....BUT LEAVE ROOM FOR MANGO GINGER SORBETSpecial Features:
- Very Nice EveningSandyVIPDined on 1/31/2014Very good service. The house salad was delicious. The charcuterie appetizer was of more mixed appeal. The Skuna Bay salmon was delicious as was the perfectly prepared filet.Special Features:
- Good way to cap off Keystone tripkeystonerookieDined on 1/21/2014Pricey but entrees, wine and ambiance worth every penny. Wine list had affordable to expensive selections. Staff was very nice. Although I was surprised how little we saw them as we were the only ones in the restaurant and they received a large automatic gratuity for our party of 8. I had the Buffalo Rib Eye. It was delicious once they brought mine out much later than everyone else in the party. I did not like the staff's excuse my entree was being re-prepared because my original cut was overcooked as we were only ones in the place. Poor planning for only 8 diners? But still a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette PartyJessicaDined on 1/10/2014I made a reservation for a party of 7 at Bighorn Steakhouse. I had 5 girls flying in from all over the US for a bachelorette party. The staff was GREAT! Our waiter was very nice and knowledgable about the food. Overall, we all enjoyed eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My thoughtsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/10/2014My girlfriends son and I ordered the buffalo steak and both of ours was fatty and grissely. Spent a lot of money ($188) for steak that was unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperienceFoodjunkieDined on 1/3/2014The atmosphere and service in this restaurant are wonderful. Unfortunately, the food got mixed reviews. Two of us ordered the lamb loin and it was outstanding. One person ordered the salmon and had to send it back because it was undercooked. For a steakhouse, there was only one steak on the menu. Two people in our party ordered this steak and described it as the worst steak they had ever had, with no flavor whatsoever. I am not sure we would go back here.Special Features:
- Not good for late dinningGabeDined on 1/2/2014Althought they take my 9 PM reservation, they where reluctant in seating us since we arrived at 9:05 and the place was empty. I think personel was just ready to leave and din´t feel like working any more. Food was not bad, but extremly cold......... I will never repeat.Special Features:
- Beware the back roomDisappointedDined on 12/25/2013I was looking for a restaurant to enjoy Christmas dinner with my family and the reports showed that the views from the restaurant were great so I made a reservation. We were seated in a back room with no view at all. A group came in later and was advised by the waitress quite loudly, "Oh you don't want to sit in here, let me show you the restaurant part where you have great views". Can I get salt to rub into the wound please?
- Christmas BuffetMaryDined on 12/25/2013It was one night of two in the year when they put out a holiday buffet. The food was very good. The crowd was large as would be expected on Christmas night. We will have to go back to sample their menu fare. But we liked the buffet and the food tables were kept looking neat and full.Special Features:
- Christmas Dinner BuffetDinner2013Dined on 12/25/2013This is the fourth time we have been to the dinner buffet on Christmas and it was even more amazing than the last three. The buffet line was set-up differently than before but worked fine. The food was beyond compare to any other time we have been there and we come 4-6 times a year. The desserts were fantastic as usual (must be the same person who makes them) and the staff was on top of anything we needed. We had three different servers stop by and clear the table and talk with us (we are reconized by the staff as we do come often enough). I would highly recomend this restaurant but make reservations! They get full and fast! Especially special events like Christmas. Friends were not able to get in and they called almost a week ahead!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowanonymousDined on 12/25/2013Always impressed by this place. The holiday "buffets" although expensive are worth every cent. Service is always impeccable, and never had a meal I did not enjoy immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceKemlerDined on 12/24/2013Ordered appetizers and while we were eating them our main course came. Ordered filet mignon, asked to have it pink in the middle, well it came out rare, first time I had to send something back, when it came back it was smothered in steack sauce it which I don't like. My wife's also came out rare in which she ate only half. When the waiter brought our receipt back he didn't say thank you or have a good night like other above average steakhouse's. 190.00 disappointment !
- Great RestaurantMikeVIPDined on 12/10/2013We had dined at the Bighorn Steak House about 10 years ago, and thought it was a good steak house. Good in what steak houses did, provide a decent steak with wine and nice deserts. The name and chef are new, and so is the experience. They have put the wow in there steak dinner. My wife had the Buffalo ribeye, prepared medium rare and it was so much more than Buffalo we've had at other restaurants. My Tomahawk Pork chop was to die for. The waitstaff is highly professional, and the view across Keystone Lake is very relaxing. I thought the Wine list abundant with a wide variety of whites and reds for your dinning pleasure. Highly recommended if you in the Keystone, Dillon Co area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a fantastic diningMicheleDined on 9/21/2013It was a fantastic dining experience from the food to the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I took a breakOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013My wife and I took a break from family time to have a date night at Bighorn Steakhouse. The decor and ambience are mountain elegant, wood and dark colors mixing with a great view of the lake and quiet vibe. We ordered escargot as an appetizer and both had the red and white trout dish (Red Ruby and Rainbow from "Colorado but not Summit County"). The snails were served out of their shell on a small puffed pastry with lots of garlic and mushroom sauce. The trout dish had a nice presentation with the two colors of trout, asparagus and risotto cake. We finished our meal with the chocolate mousse and creme brulee. Overall the food was good if not great, but the atmosphere and view made it worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty foodTurketteDined on 8/15/2013The food was yummy and the view was beautiful. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not A Steakhouse AnymoreDinnerDateVIPDined on 8/10/2013Our server started strong with a presentation of the menu...but that was it for the service. We hardly saw him after taking our order.I ordered a filet and was told the chef needed to cut the meat in 1/2 to cook it to medium well. He presented the steak as if it were a thick piece of meat. We ordered a ceased salad to split but only 1 plate had dressing and they forgot one person's salad. They forgot the bread, never refilled our water glasses. When our entrees came my steak was hardly fit to eat. It was indeed cut in half but if the two pieces were put together it would have looked like a pathetic thin steak, I bet it was 4 oz if that. No one else's entree was that great. Don't come here expecting a steakhouse or a good experience.
- Very averageGwynderDined on 8/8/2013We are underwhelmed with the limited choices on the menu, the lack of what should have been really fresh foods, the prices that were high for what you got, and the presentation of the dishes. Really seemed to have gone downhill from a year ago.
- Go For the ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/25/2013I had a bad experience with my dinner but if you get a table by the window, the view is outstanding. Most diners seemed happy with their meals. My husband had the lamb medallions and he was pleased. My dinner was a different story. I ordered the striped Bass on a servers recommendation. It was pitiful in appearance and thin and very fried. It was around 3-4 bites of meat. The server was very apologetic and offered to get me another entree. Instead my food and wine was taken off the bill. That does not make up for bad food but was the right thing to do. Dinner Salad was good but has a big peanut brittlish thing on it which I did not care for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealfoodluvrDined on 7/24/2013Great service and recommendations from our server. We approve of the new chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elegant dinnerLeonskiDined on 7/14/2013We went for just a quiet dinner but were impressed at every turn. A quiet Sunday night dinner where the staff seemed eager to show us what they could do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent meal, convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We were the only table in the restaurant until just before we left (and this was Father's Day) so it was a little odd. Service was very friendly and attentive, food came out quickly (again, no one else was there). The bass is incredible! The roasted poblano dish is excessively HOT! The view is fantastic. Creme brûlée is worth a try.Special Features:
- Jim BrackenburyhungryDined on 6/4/2013A very enjoyable evening, made particularly by the attentiveness of Jim Brackenbury, our waiter.Special Features:
- Great food!KrumnowandFamily2013Dined on 6/4/2013We enjoyed the food, however the waiter we had was somewhat rude in his comments to questions we had about the menu. Otherwise, a nice place to eat!Special Features: