Big Water Grille
341 Ski Way
Incline Village, NV 89451Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Big Water Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 7758330606
- Hours of Operation:
Bar/Lounge: 4:30 / Dining Room: 5:30 / CLOSED TUESDAYS
Daily happy hour 4:30-6:00pm / Big Water Wednesdays food and drink specials all night in the lounge
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Californian
- Executive Chef: Chris Daniel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering available
- Private Party Facilities: Wine Cellar private dining for up to 18 people. Restaurant buyout options for up to 120 people. Minimums apply.
- Private Party Contact: John Cheney 7758330606
- Entertainment: Big Water Wednesday...food & drink specials all night. $6 Happy Hour menu every night including fish & chips, tempura veggies, duck liver pâté, smoked salmon mousse and more!
A word from Big Water Grille
Nestled in the mountains of the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, the Big Water Grille has spectacular panoramic lake views that are among the best around. Chef Chris Daniel is impressing diners with his fresh/seasonal menu. We feature small portions on select entrees and a $6 every night/all night happy hour menu. Join us for a martini in the lounge, a glass of wine on the deck or a fine dining experience in the dining room. Choose from our extensive wine list from around the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Big Water Grille - Best Restaurants in Incline Village ›
Big Water Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (69)special occasion (42)fit for foodies (30)romantic (29)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- view of the sunset on Lake TahoecharliessisterDined on 10/13/2014We decided to dine on the patio, the sun had not gone down, so it was still warm. Our server helped select an nice Pinot Gringo, after reading about the hamburgers, that is what we settled on. Our hamburgers were done perfectly to our order. I would suggest this to locals as well as visitors, the view is worth just a glass of wine on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 9/19/2014We love to travel to Tahoe for our Anniversary weekend and often hit up the Big Water Grille to take advantage of the beautiful sunsets. Has an added bonus, we have enjoyed some wonderful meals and great service. If you haven't been before or its been a while since you last visited, it should definitely be added to your todo list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hamburger yetLINNYVIPDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant has a nice ambiance and the menu is very complete. For some reason I decided to try the burger due to the description. I have to say, it was one of the best and definitely the best this year that I have had. Perfectly cooked to medium rare, great thickness on the meat, yummy bun, every bite was just plain out and out delicious. I never expected to be wowed but I was and would go back just to enjoy a repeat. All the party seemed to enjoy their entrees. The duck breast was wonderful from my husbands report. Good salads and beautiful view of the lake from a mountain spot. Nice surprise all the way around. The service was outstanding and we had a big party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant soso food for priceJacquelinedDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful worth is for the view but the food was overpriced for the quality. The pork meals were good but the steaks were not. Scallops were very small for $36.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TahoegirlDined on 8/31/2014One of the best restaurants in incline village. Beautiful views and excellent food.Special Features:
- LiveLocalDined on 8/31/2014Food was generally good but would have to say that the vegetables (roasted Broccoli and roasted Cauliflower) are uninspiring, to the point that we actually didn't eat them. Everything else was good.Special Features:
- What a Trea!!!ideeintDined on 8/28/2014We took our out of town guests for dinner and we were not disappointed. The swordfish and scallops were prepared perfectly and the portions were good sized. The server recommended a bottle of wine that went perfectly with everyone's dinner. The SERVICE was what really set the evening apart. Impeccable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegitJdd3876Dined on 8/25/2014Finally a legit restaurant in Tahoe. Excellent entrees and pairing of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lake Tahoe GemCulvercityDined on 8/21/2014We love coming to this restaurant when we are in Tahoe. The view is spectacular, and the food is so superior to most restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great experiencepickyeaterDined on 8/20/2014We were celebrating our 25th anniversary and asked for a table with a view. I think we had the best table in the house. The view was amazing. Dinner was excellent. Service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014I chose this restaurant for a special birthday for my wife. It was excellent. We were a bit late, but the table was still available and we were welcomed by the hostess in a very friendly manner. The service was great and the pace of the meal was wonderful. We were not rushed. Scenery was outstanding as we had a view of the lake through the trees. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- customerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/17/2014This is a wonderful setting and most of the seating has a wonderful view of Lake Tahoe. We arrived early and the owner was very kind to seat us and selected a table "that would not have the sun in our eyes." How thoughtful and kind. The staff is well versed on the menu and we found the service to be excellent. The family team that runs this restaurant loves what they do and it shows! Food is great! Don't miss the hand-crafted deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RicardoDined on 8/15/2014As usual, very good. Music too loud and high pitched. Staff would not lower or change. Need attention. Timing of servings -- needs improvement. We had a short schedule and ordered early. Main course was way late and left no time for deserts or tea or coffee. Food, very good. Bar area - Much more welcoming. Good change We will sponsor again. Glad to have you in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panoramic Viewsjtyler54Dined on 8/13/2014I am from Chicago and chose Big Water Grill to celebrate my 60th birthday. It was a great choice. I had a ground tenderloin and rib-eye burger which was scrumptious. Great menu for foodies. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissatisfiedKsizzleDined on 8/12/2014My steak was over cooked for me and my girlfriend. Service was lacking did not see a server. Veggies looked sad and burnt on my plate. Crab cakes were OK at best. Gratin was good. There was no recovery attempt for my dissatisfied steak temp. Never spoke to or saw a manager. For the price not worth it.Special Features:
- class with a viewClaudiaDined on 8/10/2014This is a great restaurant for a celebration, or for an intimate dinner for 2. We went there just by chance, looking for something a little fancier than the usual Tahoe burgers and pizza, and we were absolutely delighted. There are smaller portions for a fraction of the full size price, and just as perfect as a portion can be. I had the smoked rib eye, cooked exactly to specifications. My husband had the fried chicken, and it was juicy and crispy. And the wines are very good. The service was excellent! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularLovebirds2014Dined on 8/10/2014This restaurant was top notch highly recommend if your looking to enjoy a great meal seafood , pastas, steaks the chef knows what he is doing the food was spectacular great service the view at sunset was beautiful... looking forwards to going here again.Special Features:
- Good food and ViewggfroererDined on 8/7/2014Had a nice dinner at BWG the other night. Was seated promptly by the young and friendly wait staff. Had a good bottle of wine with dinner and it went perfectly with the Pork belly and grits and the Duck and faro. The Blondie dessert was very good. The view of Lake Tahoe was killer. A little slow between courses, but we were not in a hurry.Special Features:
- boboVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food was good! nothing exceptional. Service was great!Special Features:
- Still Very Good ....TheHangingJudgeDined on 8/7/2014Great food, excellent service, incomparable views. Ate here on August 7th for the second time in two years ... not a resident of the area but a frequent visitor. Never had a bad experience. While the food is expensive, the experience is worth it. i recommend this place if you are in the area.Special Features:
- Great view, food not so greatMaryVIPDined on 8/7/2014The food was so-so. I was surprised by the fact that canned peaches were served with 2 different dishes - the seared foie gras (really!) and the peach cobbler. Astounding. The views are wonderful, you're also up high and in the tree tops, but can also see the lake. Too bad the food didn't match the view!Special Features:
- Good scallops, bad duckDimiDined on 8/3/2014Nice place for a special occasion. Service was good, waitstaff friendly. My scallops were delicious, but my husbands duck was cold. Pan seared duck confit should be hot or steamy when it comes to your table. Not sure what happened there?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 8/2/2014Very good food, but the table next to me was unacceptably loud and intoxicated therefore making my experience at this restaurant not as good as is could have been.Special Features:
- Great, great, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Chris does an outstanding job!! We added an extra guest unannounced and he handled it without batting an eye. Waiter was personable, funny and on the ball all night.Special Features:
- hit or missccfsfDined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here several times and have had great meals and then just so-so meals. The view is always great and it is quiet enough to enjoy your company without shouting. Most recently the service was a bit slow (we had to ask for a waiter after being seated for 15 minutes before anyone came to take our drink order.) and then he seemed a bit put out with us. The food was good but not exceptional and the menu is limited. Will we come again? Probably. But mostly because there isn't much competition in Incline Village.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant always!JloveVIPDined on 7/29/2014It doesn't get any better...fantastic food, gorgeous view and perfect service every time we come, every year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScattDined on 7/27/2014The only problem we had , was our son had ordered a bottle of wine for us, our 30th anniversary and we did not receive it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014Great View, food is good but not great. A special occasion place for sureSpecial Features:
- DisappointedHildeDined on 7/19/2014Having lived four summers in Incline Village, I thought it was time to find a new restaurant beyond my standard favorites here and in Tahoe City. Mistake. We began with the pork appetizer which was often praised in other reviews. Our impression was an extremely small portion for the price, although the flavor was good. Next came the Caesar salad. Besides again being small in portion, it was dull and reminded me of a Caesar salad I'd get at any bargain restaurant. The dressing was insufficient leaving many of the leaves without coverage. Finally to the main course, where we had the rack of lamb (six chops) and rib eye. After waiting nearly one hour for them to be delivered, we were disappointed in both being over done and dry.Special Features:
- Incline Village diningDurny1Dined on 7/14/2014A pleasant surprise, having booked a table "blindly" after an afternoon at the beach. Sat on the deck, which is at almost tree-top level, overlooking the lake. We did not go wrong on any of our food selections. Definitely a place to keep in mind while visiting Lake Tahoe.Special Features:
- Great find in Lake TahoebsandersDined on 7/12/2014My family recently stayed at the Hyatt in Lake Tahoe. The first night we had dinner at the Lone Eagle Grill at the hotel. We had heard great things about the restaurant. That could not have been further from the truth. Lousy atmosphere, lousy service and mediocre food. We were scheduled to eat there three more times while on vacation. We were then on a mission to find a replacement for all of reservations at the Lone Eagle Grill. We found Big Water Grille on Open Table and went there the next night. The restaurant is outstanding. Great food, great service, an outstanding view and restaurant, great wine and a great time. We ate at the Big Water Grille four times while we were in Tahoe and they treated us like family. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingScoutDined on 7/12/2014We were afraid the setting sun was going to be too bright for us and our friends at the table to which we were first shown. The manager very graciously allowed us to pick our table, which still had a view but less sun. The menu features two sizes of many entrees (and two prices!) which I rarely see, and greatly appreciate. I will definitely go back. Oh yes, the food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food!luv2travelDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant has wonderful view of the mountains around it. The walls are glass so you can see all around you. The scallops were amazing! along with the ahi tuna poke and crab cakes for appetizers. Will go back next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Dine with a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014The panoramic views are gorgeous. The outside patio fun. Inside ambience great. Food good - nice that small and large portions are offered. The dessert menu could offer more.Special Features:
- Not impressedInclinerDined on 7/5/2014We live in town and have been here for several enjoyable meals. Last minute guests arrived and we thought this would be a special treat. A few items from the Internet menu were missing so it obviously was not kept up to date. I ordered scallops, he delivered salmon. Everyone felt obligated to wait for my entree before starting their meal. $ 24 for 1 big scallop, one small, 1/4 cup crunchy uncooked rice, beans. The scallops were not cooked fully so my plate was sent back, again my guests waited. The waiter was too busy to refresh empty wine glasses- they offered us a free dessert but were out of what we wanted. Shocked, disappointed and embarrassed.Special Features:
- Big taste, but lacking big waterTasteTravelerDined on 7/5/2014It was my first night visiting Lake Tahoe and being in the Incline Village area and we went to Big Water Grille based on a list of suggestions of where to eat. The view was gorgeous of the landscape but it was hard to see the Lake honestly. It was a much louder venue than we anticipated and our server was off his game. The bus boy was more attentive and helpful than the waiter to be completely honest. However, I got the salmon and it was amazing. The food was excellent and it seemed like a good group/family place to go to. Not great for a couple or a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaximillianeVIPDined on 7/4/2014well priced - enjoy hilltop ambience- warm staff- vgood bar foodSpecial Features:
- AnoopThataiDined on 7/4/2014Good view friendly staff but below average food and no options for vegetarians highly overrated desserts are disgustingSpecial Features:
- SurpriselovemyfoodDined on 7/3/2014It had been many years since we had dined here and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. the atmosphere has always been wonderful with the fantastic views available. We are very happy to have another high quality neighborhood restaurant to choose from.Special Features:
- Beautiful View, Lovely AtmosphereMillieSzDined on 7/2/2014This gem of a restaurant is a lovely addition to the North Lake Tahoe experience. Unfortunately, if it's a full crowd, the noise level is deafening. Although pricey, the food is lovely and the wine/libration choices abound.Special Features: