Big Mama's Rib Shack
1453 N Lake Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91104Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Big Mama's Rib Shack
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigmamas-ribshack.com/index2.html
- Phone: 6267971792
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Creole / Cajun / Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Big Mama's is proud to announce the arrival of The Ultimate Tailgate - our mobile kitchen bringing our famous southern cooking right to you. We can cater your event from large to small - from sporting events, to private parties, to corporte functions. With our fully outfitted and portable trailer, we can deliver our famous recipe's, no matter the size of your event. Get in touch today to find out how to have our kitchen come to you! Email us to find out how you, too, can experience The Ultimate Tailgate.
- Entertainment: Every Tuesday night at Big Mama's, we're proud to present a rotating calendar of live entertainment with No cover charge. Enjoy our world famous cuisine while being entertained by some of the area's finest musicians and singers.
A word from Big Mama's Rib Shack
Big Mama's is a family owned and operated restaurant and catering company in Pasadena, California. We also have banquet space and dining options for practically any event. We serve the finest barbecue and southern eating this side of the Mississippi. Because of our unique cuisine and southern hospitality, we attract diners of all walks of life from across the globe including many celebrities. It is true "down home" Southern food, crafted with careful attention to the tradition and love handed down from Big Mama's original personal recipes. We are conveniently located right on Lake Avenue off the 210 freeway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Big Mama's Rib Shack reviews from OpenTable diners
- Best in Pasadena? No longer..Mistabish2Dined on 6/1/2012First it seems like the "Rib Shack" had a great review...from th epast. Th efood was rather average. The service was barely able to speak English and also very average service. The baby-back ribs were drowning in BBQ sauce that was OK, but if you don't like a lot of sauce (which I don't) there is no option. Perhaps you need to order it "sauce on the side" or something. I drove about 30 minutes to get there and in my opinion it was not worth it. How any one can vote this place "Best in Pasadena" must have some sort of connection to the restaurant. No recommendations from the waitress just "are you ready to order." So if there is a "house specialty" I missed it. My wife had the sliced Pork, even though she ordered the sliced pork sandwich.
- The jambalaya was my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012The jambalaya was my favorite! and most dishes had a nice kick! I had a problem with the yams - they were mushy and seemed like they came from a can, then cooked in overly sugary water.Special Features: