3316 Atlantic Ave
Virginia Beach, VA 23451Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bigitalyvb.com/
- Phone: 7572130600
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Big Italy
Pizza, handcrafted, crusty and bubbling with aged cheeses, topped with your favorite vegetables, herbs and slow cured meats, baked in our 1,300 degree brick stone oven. Welcome to Big Italy, a different kind of pizzeria-where great food is made the old world way; with pride and a pinch of love.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Big Italy reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good not greataim2plzDined on 5/3/2014We found the food at Big Italy very good, but not great (except for the Caesar salad). The atmosphere was well done in keeping with the Italian theme, but it was way too noisy. We even changed our table from inside to out on the patio in the hopes of reducing the noise level so we could have conversation with our guests. Unfortunately two families came one after the other each with a screaming baby and toddler whom no one attempted to silence. Ruined our dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelMDined on 5/2/2014Everything was very good until we ordered our decafe capachino & desert. On a Fri night in an establishment that features fancy coffee & deserts they were out of decafe. Not cool. This is a mgmt. problem that can be easily solved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD !!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/22/2014Waiter was very attentive. Food was served in a short period of time. Best Italian food we've had in years!! Great place for family's and late night. Would highly recommend. Manager came over to our table during our meal to see if everything was OK.Special Features:
- So Coolvbaxt001Dined on 4/12/2014My boyfriend and I went for his birthday, and it was the right little, busy place by the beach. The only drawback is that I think they need a liquor menu, they only had wine and some beers. Other than that, the food was great. Loved the set up, albeit a bit confusing at first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Terrible experience. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant. We were sat by the hostess & then ignored for about 20 minutes. Probably 3 managers walked by (because we were right in the middle of the main dining room) and a waiter buckling his pants. But no one stopped to even ask us for drinks. We tried to grab a couple of managers but were ignored. Finally a couple behind us said, "good luck". "It took us forever just to nail down a warier for water & they never came back," The place is clearly too big for the staff to support. Worst dining experience of my life. Inexcusable for the lack of people in the restaurant. Clearly everyone left like us.
- Great Lasagna!!roxyvbVIPDined on 2/21/2014Some of the BEST lasagna we have ever had!! One disappointment was a $5 charge for a bread basket (we asked for bread but were not told there would be an extra charge). Every other Italian restaurant around here includes bread with the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Food and service was very good. Lots of patrons; still the food arrived in a reasonable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulEricDDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I ate there for our first Valentines Day as a married couple. Hunter was our waiter. He was very friendly and patient with us because it was our first time there. He made suggestions which we liked. And ordered what he suggested. The food was excellent and the gelato, was amazing. We will definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was amazing! But the seating and service was absolutely terrible. My girlfriend and i we literally were one foot away from a loud table of other girls. We waited about 30 minutes just to get our appetizers and then an hour for our food. I asked for the check and that took 40 minutes to get back also. Good food but lowsy service and seatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot!PJ72Dined on 2/14/2014Food and service were really good! Our waiter was very nice and friendly. He was very good about checking in w/us before, during and after our meal.Special Features:
- Food just ok. Chain resturantScooterDOVIPDined on 8/30/2013Food just ok. Chain resturant type food. Very noisey and busy.
- Scored BIG with the whole familyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2013Good menu for the whole family. We actually went two nights in a row because of a great first meal. The kid's portions were actually large enough to satisfy their hunger. The menu is diverse without being overwhelming with choices. They have traditional choices in addition to a full line of pizza varieties. We had the barbecue chicken pizza one night which was excellent. Very good food for reasonable prices in a fun atmosphere. The service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarefulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2013We used Open Table to reserve a table of 5 for 6:45. Upon arrival, two every young hostesses told us it would be a minute or two to clear the table. 45 minutes later, we had to ask to see the manager about why we were waiting with the walk-ins out front. He then promptly greeted us inside and had us seated ASAP. Our sense was the hostess stand was using Open Table as call ahead seating (list).Special Features:
- Great for Lunchluv2dineonbusinessDined on 7/19/2013First visit to BIg Italy. Will definitelly return Met wife for appt and I wanted to surprise her with lunch and afternoon off. Pulled this spot up on open table. Took a chance since there were no reviews. Was not dissappointed. Was very pleased with variety of foods on menu. I had salad and she had pasta Good prices given beach location. Food and service were both good. Nice serving size we both ended up taking food home. Free parking was also pleasant surprise. No doubt we will return. Only complaint was music was too loud.Special Features: