620 NE 78 St
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebigfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3053731770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Chiriatti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Big Fish
Culinary visionary Big Fish. has created a restaurant that adds a twist to dining out. Big Fish Restaurant makes each meal an experience, fulfilling the senses with enticing fragrances, delicious food and excellent presentations. Cuisine is Italian and the primary chef focus is on the seafood. Big Fish Restaurant is the perfect dining experience for seafood lovers. Located on the Little River (Biscayne B.), away from the noise boulevard, the Big Fish Restaurant features a romantic,trendy dining room rich with subtle details and a beautiful patio ideal for alfresco dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Big Fish - Best Restaurants in MiMo ›
Big Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (28)neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (19)scenic view (17)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)late-night find (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Disappointed and Wouldn't RecommendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The moment we arrived the hostess set the tone for the entire meal by not allowing us to wait 10 minutes for our table at the bar instead she forced us to wait by the parking lot outside. Then the manager felt bad and bought us a free round of cocktails that barely had any alcohol (guess because the round was free). The food was not good and we left very disappointed. Don't waste your money or your time. We'll never go back!Special Features:
- Lots of foodliketoeat26VIPDined on 8/28/20142 glasses proseco were great Antipast of the meat, cheese,salad,black olives were plentiful and could not be eaten at once was plentiful and great took home left over meat and cheese. Risotto and seafood was huge and shareable. Fillet of salmon on real mashed potatoes and asparagus was great. Service good Nice place and enjoyed by usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoretaDined on 8/23/2014It was a pleasant experience, we did the Miami Spice Menu and eventhough the choices were very liimted, the food was good and the portions were big, actually it was a lot food.
- Surprise catchSooogoodDined on 8/23/2014Sitting outside made us feel as though we were on vacation. It is on a little river off the Miami river and changes the atmosphere of the restaurant. The food was outstanding, we shared an appetizer of grilled octopus and homemade humus which was unbelievable. Never had octopus so tender and sweet. Our main courses were just as good. The shrimp and homemade pasta was delicious and my fish was great. The wine by the glass were just fine. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but...LuckyNVIPDined on 8/20/2014It was our 1st time since they moved from the river to Mimo. We like the location and the free parking lot. The restaurant is cozy but the A/C wasn't working properly so we ended dining at the outdoor terrace. The service was very good. I have the Miami Spice presented in a plastic cover (very tacky) and my husband ate from the regular menu. Food was very good. Before leaving i went to the restroom, the decor is totally outdated, there was no soap and the lock door was broken.Special Features:
- deliciousJOR67Dined on 8/19/2014found a brand new restaurant. the fish dishes were fabulous and we loved the serverSpecial Features:
- crisDined on 8/18/2014excellent food, location and the view to the canalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTitiDined on 8/16/2014Best Miami Spice menu! The service, ambiance and food all wonderful. We will go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambianceNancyDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Big Fish and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was delicious, service impecable, and the ambiance was romantic where we sat outside near the water.Special Features:
- Great food but POOR serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014I was really excited to check this place out during Miami Spice week. But I knew the evening was going downhill as we waited for 15 minutes for a waitress to even look over in our direction. Actually getting someone to come over and poor water was a challenge to say the least. It's too bad, because this is a cozy cool restaurant with so much ambience. They forgot to place my boyfriend's calamari appetizer (there were 4 of us and we all ordered calamari) How you forget just one is beyond me?!! But when I asked the waitress she said "I'm sorry, the kitchen is just a mess." This place was empty on a Wednesday night! Definitely save your $$ meal and go someplace who values you as a customer.Special Features:
- Nice to be BackfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014I was glad to see the name Big Fish again, as it was a riverfront institution in Miami for many years. Although at this new location it is not on a river, it is on a very nice canal off of 79th street. They have done a nice job with the lighting, murals and plants to invoke the same feel as the old Big Fish. And of course the emphasis is on seafood dishes and they did not disappoint. We shared a frutti de mare platter of grilled seafood and vegetables. It was delicious and abundant. Everything was perfectly cooked and fresh. Wonderful meal, friendly attentive service staff and great ambiance!Special Features:
- WARM & ROMANTICOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful evening at this gem...food, drink & service was grand...Love it!Special Features:
- Might Go BackSoBeconciergeVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food at the restaurant was good, I'll start there. The service would have definitely been better. It took about 30 min for our appetizer, a cold dish, to get to our table. The waitress knew the kitchen was taking a long time so she never stopped by the table so I'm sure she was embarrassed. After that she stopped by the table a few times. The food was good and the drink were as well, but the service was the major this that was a let down. The ambiance of the restaurant is great. They have a beautiful location on the inter coastal and its a very quiet location with no road noise at all from Biscayne.Special Features:
- Nice place with bad foodsouthfloridadineDined on 7/26/2014The location is not great but the restaurant inside is very nice, nice decor with a pleasant outside eating area. We sat inside because it was hot outside but most people prefer outside seating. The waitress was very nice also. They just need to improve on the food. They want to be this kind of upscale hidden gem but the food is just not good. I had the lobster linguini, the lobster was hard and chewy, the pasta sauce had a nice flavor. My husband had the grouper and again, not good, just OK. The dessert (chocolate souffle) was a total disappointment. They have mostly italian wines but they could expand the wine list to offer selections from other regions. We had a deal with Travelzoo and I was glad that I didn' pay full price for the meal.Special Features:
- great experienceDreheissDined on 7/25/2014Better service than last time and the food was to notch. I little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!!LisalisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious service was outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool Calm Collected..SPW85Dined on 6/27/2014Great local Italian/Seafood. Very local. No riff raff. Service is on point. You'll want to eat outside where you'll find a clean, ambient, relaxed boarder line romantic setting. Great for a date yet comfortable to meet with other good company. Reasonably priced. Music is A+. Have visited three times each meal was fresh, tasty and on point. No complaints. Happy to have close by. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningThebobDined on 6/14/2014We are always amazed at how good the food , service and ambiance are. We always try to dine here as often as we get to fla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New ChapterHenryDined on 6/4/2014We decided to make reservations and go to Big Fish after my little sister's graduation. The restaurant is behind a gas station and you would never even know it was there. When we walk in, the place feels like you just entered another world, very luxurious and trendy, like if you were in South Beach. The service was phenomenal. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and made the experience wonderful. The only minor things that did happen, which brings me to my four stars, was my fish tasted a little frozen, but still good. I did not let anyone know, so that is my fault, but by the looks of it, they would have taken care of it. The rest of my families food was magnificent and I know because I tried it. Overall it was a wonderful.Special Features:
- Pleasant Outdoor DiningSteveMDined on 5/31/2014It's a great location, the food was good - the portions are big! - but the wine list disappoints. There is only a fraction of the list that is under $80 a bottle. Plenty of other restaurants offer a good selection of wine in the $40 to $60 a bottle range so I can't see any reason why they can't. Apart from that, I'd recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAniMannyDined on 5/24/2014The food was great and the romantic ambiance was outstanding. Little pricey but the food was exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmariagonzaVIPDined on 5/23/2014the food and the service was very good i love my plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What Used to Be...LucianabDined on 5/18/2014I went there thinking it was the same great cuisine as used to be in the Miiami River. However the food is far from what was before and the restaurant was empty... Certainly because if the food. I wish it would get back the great cuisine from before....Special Features:
- Great food & ambiancePennyVIPDined on 5/18/2014From start to finish a wonderful experience. Great wine list, salad was properly dressed, & the Sea Bass was one of the best I've had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemCiboLover2013VIPDined on 5/16/2014I've lived in the area for 25 years and have seen all the restaurants that occupied this place. Finally I can say they got it right! The expansion makes it great for groups and outdoor dining and it allows patrons to enjoy the view of the Little River (and if you are lucky some manatees). The new administration is willing to please and make sure you are enjoying your time there. The new bar is great for adults willing to have some drinks before dining. The service is great, very attentive and pleasing and the food is good with the right price. We really recommend this place and we are so lucky to have it in our backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful findBrianLong4328Dined on 5/12/2014We were so happy to find an old friend. We used to eat at the original Big Fish years ago on the Little River Downtown. While the new location is very different we found the food, service and ambiance wonderful. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection Tucked AwayStevesmith53Dined on 5/4/2014On the canal in the heart of midtown, a great oasis of good food, good service in a wonderful relaxing setting overlooking the canal. The staff is always friendly, the food is always good and there is parking readily available. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Big Fish reviews archive.
- Solid food but PriceyDreheissDined on 5/2/2014Everything was good but it was a bit pricey compared with similar restaurants with comparable cuisineSpecial Features:
- Bland SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/27/2014The ambience by the river is great. I had a lobster salad with cut up wilted salad leafs and a half of a lobster just dumped on it. The salad had no dressing on it. Tasteless! I ask for some dressing and I got a ranch and thousand island dressing from a supermarket. This was by far the worst lobster salad I ever had. I only had a few bites but did have to pay for it. I also think the cocktails for $14.00 are way to expansive.
- river diningelimarVIPDined on 4/27/2014Not a good experience especially that the staff performed poorly. Took several tries to get a serving spoon so a dish could be shared and a side dish of vegetable which was ordered and for which staff was asked to provide was delivered after the check. Night manager could not have been nicer but no amount of nice could overcome the staff's performance. Food was so-so and really not worth going to the restaurant although the river has manatees to watch.Special Features:
- Big Fish- big in every way!ThomasVIPDined on 4/23/2014What a great experience. From the moment we sat adjacent to the waterside to our dessert the place is truly a find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014Food is overall very good. Drinks not quite as good and a bit expensive. Bread is fresh baked and served warm. Atmosphere is relaxed, friendly and dining outdoors on the terrace overlooking the river is very pleasant. Parking is convenient and plentiful. Will certainly go again and would recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Comical ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014I've never been to a restaurant where the service is beyond horrible and becomes comically entertaining.
- Can be greatGismondaVIPDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant is situated by the river, which is very nice, and scenic. The food is prepared very well and is very good, providing they have what you choose from the menu available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly DisappointedbekrierVIPDined on 3/21/2014Service was horrendous - waited well over an hour on our food, which arrived cold, sat for 20+ minutes between drinks. Food is mediocre - not as good as even a low-priced chain restaurant. And, prices are high and they didn't have the wine we wanted to order from the menu. They did give us a slight discount when they asked if we wanted our barely touched meals boxed up, and we replied no they weren't good but mgmt also tried to argue that we had said they were good when they arrived (sure we nodded during our first bite just happy food had arrived). This restaurant is convenient for us, so we really wanted to like it. We won't be returning again.
- DONT LIKE PAYING 5 DOLLARSOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014DONT LIKE PAYING 5 DOLLARS FOR A CUP OF COFFEE NAD 4 DOLLARS FOR A COKE
- We Were AbandonedSalgoldVIPDined on 3/15/2014Not a stellar experience. Was hesitant to begin with based on other reviews on YELP and elsewhere. Took the chance---gambled and lost. Food was okay and things started out alright but then at one point were completely abandoned for 10-15 minutes. Totally disorganized. Don't think I'll be going back any time soon. What will they do in Summer--most of tables are outdoors--going to hold sweating contests?Special Features:
- Great jobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014The new owners did a great job remodeling and updating the place Cleaned up well. Good food and good service. Would go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/10/2014Amazing makeover from its earlier days as an Indian restaurant. Beautifully done outdoor area. The food was really very good. One of us loved the lobster salad--a real salad, not a mayonnaise concoction. The veal in lemon sauce was absolutely wonderful. Very nice fried potato chunks, instead of strips. We rate the food a high "very good," close to excellent. The bartending needs some work. A peach martini was truly unpleasant--undrinkable, and a chambord-and pineapple martini was just OK--with a huge cherry taking up much of the glass. Mojitos were much better. A request to turn down the music was instantly honored (why do restaurants think we need music when we want to talk?) Nice complimentary tiramisu from the manager.Special Features:
- The dining experience wasJLMZDined on 3/7/2014The dining experience was delightful. The food was excellent and priced fairly. I had been to this location over 20 years ago, and the renovations were just remarkable. The service was spot on, and I would highly recommend BIG FISH to anyone interested in a great night our for dinner.......Special Features: