620 NE 78 St
Miami, FL 33138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thebigfishrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3053731770x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Andrea Chiriatti
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Big Fish
Culinary visionary Big Fish. has created a restaurant that adds a twist to dining out. Big Fish Restaurant makes each meal an experience, fulfilling the senses with enticing fragrances, delicious food and excellent presentations. Cuisine is Italian and the primary chef focus is on the seafood. Big Fish Restaurant is the perfect dining experience for seafood lovers. Located on the Little River (Biscayne B.), away from the noise boulevard, the Big Fish Restaurant features a romantic,trendy dining room rich with subtle details and a beautiful patio ideal for alfresco dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Big Fish - Best Restaurants in MiMo ›
Big Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (17)scenic view (17)special occasion (16)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Nicely surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014This place was a great surprise! I took my husband on a surprise date to this Seafood Italian style restaurant between Midtown and North Miami Beach and it was wonderful. We had the Pappardelle with shrimp and the spaghetti vongole and both pastas were cooked perfectly, outstanding flavors and good portions enough to share. The tiramisu was fantastic. We did find that although friendly, the service was a little too fast and not too clever at times. I had to request cheese and pepper to be added to the pasta and we did not get any spoons to roll our pasta. I really felt that for an Italian restaurant these things should have been offered automatically. Other than that, the ambiance is really enjoyable and the outdoor dining is very nice.Special Features:
- EnjoyableMarlaVIPDined on 10/23/2014This was a great find! Seafood Italian style. Pasta was cooked perfectly! Service a little too fast. I prefer to relax a bit between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Ambiance and FOOD!PLANETMANDined on 10/18/2014THIS PLACE WAS A WONDERFUL SURPRISE, FIVE STAR FOOD QUALITY AND SERVICE TUCKED AWAY IN BETWEEN MIDTOWN AND NORTH MIAMI BEACH. THE FOOD WAS FANTASTIC, WE TRIED THE BEEF CARPACCIO, THE ITALIAN MEAT PLATTER AND THE SEAFOOD GRILL FOR TWO. ENORMOUS PORTIONS AND GREAT PRICES. THE STAFF WAS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL AND CATERED TO EVERY NEED WITH CONSTANT FOLLOWUP. SMALL CROWD EARLY ON A SAT. NIGHT, WAS FILLING UP AS WE LEFT AT 8 PM, BOOK RESERVATION ONLINE HERE TOO. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT AND WE WILL VISIT AGAIN REAL SOON.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely settingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/29/2014but the food only ok, disappointed with the fish selection and no fish on the bone. Our server, although efficient, was not very pleasant.Special Features:
- Bad Food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Bad food!!! Risotto super under cook (hard as a rock), the gnocchi didn't have any taste at all, not even salt. The only good thing was the service.
- faberDined on 9/20/2014Not everybody at our party were satisfied with their selection, some entree' were good others so and so. Dining there is a good experience but we had higher expectations .Special Features:
- Excellent!SpikeKittyDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went dinner. We had only been once before when they first opened. Even though they did not automatically provide the Miami Spice menu (we had to ask), and we all ordered from it, they were happy to oblige. Everything we had was excellent! Main courses at our table included the salmon and the spaghetti vongole, with the salmon being superior. Desserts of panna cotta and tiramisu were great, with the tiramisu being better. Our server was friendly and attentive enough. The setting is nice on the river, there are not many waterfront places in Miami. We weren't that impressed by our table, though, near the serving station at the edge of most filled tables, and next to a speaker that was loud and distracting.Special Features:
- A Miami Favorite in New LocationWillDined on 9/18/2014I loved Big Fish when it was on the Miami river and I still love it at it's new location on a canal on NE 78th Street. The food was fantastic... always consistent... and they did a great job redoing a wonderful neighborhood restaurant that we all miss - Ouzos, which use to be one of the best hidden Mediterranean restaurants in the city! And Big Fish did a GREAT job filling those shoesSpecial Features:
- Great MealDreheissVIPDined on 9/13/2014Always a solid meal. The octopus appetizer is the best. Pasta dish was awesome as well.Special Features:
- DeliciousSophiDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. However the service was a little... off. Not the most knowledgeable or accommodating staff. We had to request several things that I felt should have been offered. However the wine, salad, entries, and dessert were all delicious! The outdoor dining is very nice. (Not many tables inside, most are outside.)Special Features:
- It was okEggy22VIPDined on 9/5/2014Place was nice. Free valet parking is a plus (only pay tip). Food was ok. Flavors were not bad at all but nor did it have a "wow" effect. I do have to say, the best was the Tiramisu dessert. I am truly not a fan of this particular dessert and I found myself fighting with my hubby over who could scrap up more! My dish which was part of the Miami Spice menu (fish plate) had fresh speers of rosemary which seemed to overwelm the other flavors of the dish. Even thou fish was fried, it was not greasy, but like stated all I could really taste was the rosemary. Hubby dish was ok as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty PlaceAliMiamiDined on 9/5/2014The ambience is beautiful. The outdoor area is really nice, but it would be better when the weather is cooler and when there are no mosquitos. The food and service were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed and Wouldn't RecommendGeorgeDined on 8/30/2014The moment we arrived the hostess set the tone for the entire meal by not allowing us to wait 10 minutes for our table at the bar instead she forced us to wait by the parking lot outside. Then the manager felt bad and bought us a free round of cocktails that barely had any alcohol (guess because the round was free). The food was not good and we left very disappointed. Don't waste your money or your time. We'll never go back!Special Features:
- My current favorite...29TeddyDined on 8/29/2014Excellently prepared fish, portions big enough to share, great ambiance. BYOBS (bring your own bug spray).Special Features:
- Lots of foodliketoeat26VIPDined on 8/28/20142 glasses proseco were great Antipast of the meat, cheese,salad,black olives were plentiful and could not be eaten at once was plentiful and great took home left over meat and cheese. Risotto and seafood was huge and shareable. Fillet of salmon on real mashed potatoes and asparagus was great. Service good Nice place and enjoyed by usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoretaDined on 8/23/2014It was a pleasant experience, we did the Miami Spice Menu and eventhough the choices were very liimted, the food was good and the portions were big, actually it was a lot food.
- Surprise catchSooogoodDined on 8/23/2014Sitting outside made us feel as though we were on vacation. It is on a little river off the Miami river and changes the atmosphere of the restaurant. The food was outstanding, we shared an appetizer of grilled octopus and homemade humus which was unbelievable. Never had octopus so tender and sweet. Our main courses were just as good. The shrimp and homemade pasta was delicious and my fish was great. The wine by the glass were just fine. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but...LuckyNVIPDined on 8/20/2014It was our 1st time since they moved from the river to Mimo. We like the location and the free parking lot. The restaurant is cozy but the A/C wasn't working properly so we ended dining at the outdoor terrace. The service was very good. I have the Miami Spice presented in a plastic cover (very tacky) and my husband ate from the regular menu. Food was very good. Before leaving i went to the restroom, the decor is totally outdated, there was no soap and the lock door was broken.Special Features:
- deliciousJOR67Dined on 8/19/2014found a brand new restaurant. the fish dishes were fabulous and we loved the serverSpecial Features:
- crisVIPDined on 8/18/2014excellent food, location and the view to the canalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTitiDined on 8/16/2014Best Miami Spice menu! The service, ambiance and food all wonderful. We will go back!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic ambianceNancyDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Big Fish and thoroughly enjoyed it. The food was delicious, service impecable, and the ambiance was romantic where we sat outside near the water.Special Features:
- Great food but POOR serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014I was really excited to check this place out during Miami Spice week. But I knew the evening was going downhill as we waited for 15 minutes for a waitress to even look over in our direction. Actually getting someone to come over and poor water was a challenge to say the least. It's too bad, because this is a cozy cool restaurant with so much ambience. They forgot to place my boyfriend's calamari appetizer (there were 4 of us and we all ordered calamari) How you forget just one is beyond me?!! But when I asked the waitress she said "I'm sorry, the kitchen is just a mess." This place was empty on a Wednesday night! Definitely save your $$ meal and go someplace who values you as a customer.Special Features:
- Nice to be BackfinickyfoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014I was glad to see the name Big Fish again, as it was a riverfront institution in Miami for many years. Although at this new location it is not on a river, it is on a very nice canal off of 79th street. They have done a nice job with the lighting, murals and plants to invoke the same feel as the old Big Fish. And of course the emphasis is on seafood dishes and they did not disappoint. We shared a frutti de mare platter of grilled seafood and vegetables. It was delicious and abundant. Everything was perfectly cooked and fresh. Wonderful meal, friendly attentive service staff and great ambiance!Special Features:
- WARM & ROMANTICOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful evening at this gem...food, drink & service was grand...Love it!Special Features:
- Might Go BackSoBeconciergeVIPDined on 8/1/2014The food at the restaurant was good, I'll start there. The service would have definitely been better. It took about 30 min for our appetizer, a cold dish, to get to our table. The waitress knew the kitchen was taking a long time so she never stopped by the table so I'm sure she was embarrassed. After that she stopped by the table a few times. The food was good and the drink were as well, but the service was the major this that was a let down. The ambiance of the restaurant is great. They have a beautiful location on the inter coastal and its a very quiet location with no road noise at all from Biscayne.Special Features:
- Nice place with bad foodsouthfloridadineDined on 7/26/2014The location is not great but the restaurant inside is very nice, nice decor with a pleasant outside eating area. We sat inside because it was hot outside but most people prefer outside seating. The waitress was very nice also. They just need to improve on the food. They want to be this kind of upscale hidden gem but the food is just not good. I had the lobster linguini, the lobster was hard and chewy, the pasta sauce had a nice flavor. My husband had the grouper and again, not good, just OK. The dessert (chocolate souffle) was a total disappointment. They have mostly italian wines but they could expand the wine list to offer selections from other regions. We had a deal with Travelzoo and I was glad that I didn' pay full price for the meal.Special Features:
- great experienceDreheissVIPDined on 7/25/2014Better service than last time and the food was to notch. I little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!!LisalisaVIPDined on 7/11/2014Food was delicious service was outstanding. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Big Fish reviews archive.
- Cool Calm Collected..SPW85Dined on 6/27/2014Great local Italian/Seafood. Very local. No riff raff. Service is on point. You'll want to eat outside where you'll find a clean, ambient, relaxed boarder line romantic setting. Great for a date yet comfortable to meet with other good company. Reasonably priced. Music is A+. Have visited three times each meal was fresh, tasty and on point. No complaints. Happy to have close by. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little gemceryVIPDined on 6/26/2014great food, great chef who is present and proud of his creations...you would not think a restaurant of this Caliber would be in this neighborhood well worth it great value ask the chef what he recommends, will be greatSpecial Features:
- Wonderful diningThebobDined on 6/14/2014We are always amazed at how good the food , service and ambiance are. We always try to dine here as often as we get to fla.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New ChapterHenryDined on 6/4/2014We decided to make reservations and go to Big Fish after my little sister's graduation. The restaurant is behind a gas station and you would never even know it was there. When we walk in, the place feels like you just entered another world, very luxurious and trendy, like if you were in South Beach. The service was phenomenal. The waiter was very attentive to our needs and made the experience wonderful. The only minor things that did happen, which brings me to my four stars, was my fish tasted a little frozen, but still good. I did not let anyone know, so that is my fault, but by the looks of it, they would have taken care of it. The rest of my families food was magnificent and I know because I tried it. Overall it was a wonderful.Special Features:
- Pleasant Outdoor DiningSteveMDined on 5/31/2014It's a great location, the food was good - the portions are big! - but the wine list disappoints. There is only a fraction of the list that is under $80 a bottle. Plenty of other restaurants offer a good selection of wine in the $40 to $60 a bottle range so I can't see any reason why they can't. Apart from that, I'd recommend the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAniMannyDined on 5/24/2014The food was great and the romantic ambiance was outstanding. Little pricey but the food was exquisiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentmariagonzaVIPDined on 5/23/2014the food and the service was very good i love my plateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What Used to Be...LucianabDined on 5/18/2014I went there thinking it was the same great cuisine as used to be in the Miiami River. However the food is far from what was before and the restaurant was empty... Certainly because if the food. I wish it would get back the great cuisine from before....Special Features:
- Great food & ambiancePennyVIPDined on 5/18/2014From start to finish a wonderful experience. Great wine list, salad was properly dressed, & the Sea Bass was one of the best I've had. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true gemCiboLover2013VIPDined on 5/16/2014I've lived in the area for 25 years and have seen all the restaurants that occupied this place. Finally I can say they got it right! The expansion makes it great for groups and outdoor dining and it allows patrons to enjoy the view of the Little River (and if you are lucky some manatees). The new administration is willing to please and make sure you are enjoying your time there. The new bar is great for adults willing to have some drinks before dining. The service is great, very attentive and pleasing and the food is good with the right price. We really recommend this place and we are so lucky to have it in our backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful findBrianLong4328Dined on 5/12/2014We were so happy to find an old friend. We used to eat at the original Big Fish years ago on the Little River Downtown. While the new location is very different we found the food, service and ambiance wonderful. We will certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.