Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
8046 West Sand Lake Road
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigfinseafood.com/
- Phone: 4076158888
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Slattery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Big Fin offers on-site catering for Special Events hosted in our restaurant. Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for receptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guests. Group Dinner Menus Available -includes such Entrees as: Filet Mignon, BBQ Salmon, Mahi Piccata, Filet Mignon, Cold Water Lobster Tail, Shrimp Scampi, Chicken, Vegetarian Pad Thai, Shrimp Skewers, etc...
- Entertainment: Four Plasma TVS at the Bar-A-Cuda covered patio bar & three plasma tvs at the Trophy Bar. 10' Projection screens with cable capability are located in our two Private Dining Rooms.
- Special Events: Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for recptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guest
A word from Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Big Fin was named Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Global Fresh Seafood, Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. The extensive menu features specialty items such as Whole Maine Lobster, Stone Crab, Blue Crab Crusted Grouper, Sushi, Filet Mignon, King Crab, Scallops, SwordFish, Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, New York Strip Steak, Calamari, Crab Cakes, Salad, Vegetarian options, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese, Raw & Grilled Oysters and more - Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (56)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (45)great for outdoor dining (37)neighborhood gem (28)romantic (23)hot spot (21)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (18)late-night find (11)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (9)scenic view (7)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Restaurant was very big , very open, no atmosphere, food VERY AVERAGE and over priced.Special Features:
- Experience of a lifetimeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We were visiting from Brazil, and my wife had never eaten a really Big Maine lobster before. I emailed Big Fin via OpenTable prior to our arrival and the awesome Mallory arranged everything for us. We had a 5lb locutor in a ninho where everyone from the restaurante was Wonder fui. It was our 20th Marriage Anniversary and a night to remember. Special Thanks to Mike and the Chef Will return for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The food was awesome and so was the service!!! The menu was exciting and had lots of choices...there was something for everyone! Can't wait to go back because there are several things we want to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner. We will return !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014First time there. Seafood was very fresh. Lots of great items to pick from. Loved the oysters appetizer too. Key lime pie for dessert was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TedMVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great menu. Oysters were delicious and nicely presented. My wife's Lobster Scampi pasta was delicious too. My Jerk Seared Scallops were good, but didn't tingle my taste buds with the bold expectations of a spicy dish. It would be worthwhile to return.Special Features:
- Awesome as Always...........SamIamDined on 8/21/2014This is my go-to place for taking clients out when they come to town and want seafood. It is consistently excellent in every aspect and all my clients put it on their keeper list. While a bit pricey, Big Fin never disappoints on service, the quality (and quantity) of excellent seafood. The calamari is always a big hit for an appetizer and the lobster bisque is smooth, creamy and delicious.Special Features:
- An overpriced catch.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014Tourist overpriced catch. Normal good seafood at 30% more than the same catch elsewhere. I have not see a filet go for $45 but you got it here! The entire menu is hyped and every dish is overpriced. Food was good but not out of this world. A good dining experience must also leave you with a satisfaction that you actually got value. Here you felt sorry you ever walked in and sat down and paid that much.
- GrandmadVIPDined on 8/18/2014We went for Monday night,lobster night and really enjoyed the meal. Started out with the grilled oysters that were terrific. Can't wait to go back for happy hour
- family owned and great for seafoodsingtravVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went back to Bigfin for the second time and really like the amazing seafood and great serviceSpecial Features:
- We'll be backBooneFoodieDined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant for seafood! The food was fantastic as was the service. Great restaurant that is not part of a chain. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Orlando.Special Features:
- Big Fin FunDrPhillipslocalDined on 8/11/2014Nice dining experience - servers very attentive - lobster was good - margaritas good - my sister and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- Can't live up to its hypeEat2liveDined on 8/8/2014The seafood was average. The New Orleans influence was weak! Much better option for less expense. If your going here keep your expectations down.
- NIGHT WITH GIRLFRIENDSCELEBRATION4FRIENDSDined on 8/2/2014Ambiance was great when you walk in the door you're greeted with smiles and welcomes. It was me and 3 other girlfriends, the fish n chips were amazingly from a great high quality cod; fried oyster platter was light golden fried deliciousness w a side of insanely mouth watering mac n cheese made w gouda;fried shrimp was lovely flash fried. My dish was the white wine mussels,I have to admit I've had better mussels at Bonefish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diannedbyrd419Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent service for our large group. Our server was so knowledgeable about everything on the menu. He was spectacular but unfortunately I did not get his name. Food was excellent and every bit of what our server described. A++++ rating from our group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fin is Big on service and foodluv2eatDined on 8/1/2014First time at Big Fin and our family loved the food, service and variety The lobster mac n cheese was awesome! The main dishes were very tasty as well. Our waiter Ryan knew the entire menu. The Executive Chef even came over and we all applauded his creations. We would recommend Big Fin to anyone coming to Orlando. #musteatatbigfinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get the Signature DishnotagainDined on 7/31/2014Their Swordfish Filet Mignon is the best piece of fish I have ever eaten. Truly magnificent! The ambambiance is extremely classy but not stuffy and very comfortable. The service is top-notch and friendly. Need to give a shout out to our waiter Chris snd the outdoor patio bartender Nicole, both of whom made the night even more rewarding. Go there and you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodkillerwpkDined on 7/30/2014Everytime we are in Orlando we always make sure to go to Big Fin. Oysters are always fresh. And the fish is always out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow Chef Slattery is BrilliantKimAndGreggVIPDined on 7/23/2014We love Chef Slattery at Big Fin. He is brilliant with his dishes. We normally just get his Daily dinner special. My wife had the flounder that was melt in your mouth good. Sadly for me... I have had the whole fried snapper the last 3 times. Yes It is that Good. It came with a sweet potato hash. Mike the waiter does a very nice job taking care of us.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!TexasFansDined on 7/21/2014From drinks at the bar (ask for Sarah) to our table experience (ask for Mike), we had the most amazing evening. The service was impeccable and the food excellent! Their wine list was extensive, allowing us to choose a glass, a bottle or a magnum - priced competitively with other upscale restaurants. We are visiting on vacation and will definitely return to this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very special!ManytimesDined on 7/20/2014This was our fourth trip to Big Fin over last few years as we live 20 miles away. Past three visits were very good but this visit was outstanding. Our servers Chris and Bill were there for our every need and recommended dishes. The chefs prepared four dinners that were very special to each of us. Our food was fish and seafood you will not find in many restaurants and they tasted so very special. Prices are up but they are up everywhere and this dining experience was worth it! Thanks to Big Fin. Just wish they were in Longwood.Special Features:
- Just Great Experience!!marco2409Dined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed the excellent service and the quality of the food was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SparkyDined on 7/16/2014Third time eating here. Food fantastic on all occasions. First two visits were work based, this time I brought the family. They all loved it, especially the Alaskan King crab. Great waitress, one of the managers possibly could have had a bit more of an outgoing personality. Only issue was that we moved outside because of the noise from one table which reverberated and it was a touch on the chilly side inside. Actually this was not an issue, we enjoyed outside immensely. If back in the area I will be back.Special Features:
- special ocassion made betttergloverj1020Dined on 7/16/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary. The staff was excellent. Very knowledgeable on their wine pairings and were conscious of the price points when recommending selections. Service was flawless, they were around enough to be there for your every need, but not intrusive. Food was excellent. The chef specials are just that special, not some repeat of the same old same old. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Big Fin, again and again!LouRDined on 7/15/2014My sister and I ate for the 6th time at Big Fin on July 15. We've followed Chef James Slattery through several changes in restaurants and are thrilled that he's settled so successfully at Big Fin. He's a creative and adventurous culinarian and a master at balancing all the elements on a plate! Wednesday saw my sister and me enjoying the Chef's special cabernet-braised octopus with angel hair pasta and romesco sauce, a beautiful piece of Scottish salmon with a to-die-for potato cake and a whole fried loup de mer with Mediterranean-inspired rice. Sheila did a fabulous job as our server! The restaurant can be very noisy but that's the only downside we've ever seen. Look for Chef James on Facebook and drool over pictures of his food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantseafoodloverDined on 7/14/2014My husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary at Big Fin. It was our first.time eating there. This was the best seafood.We have had! Absolutely delicious! The service.was excellent. We will.be.back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2014This was a recommendation from a golf buddy and boy was it a whole in one. They have an amazing sushi menue alongside their regular menu. For the non seafood lover there are chicken and steak options that are very tasty. The food is reasonablly priced and the plates are a great size. This was the second visit in 4 weeks and it won't be the lastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Seafood in OrlandoStanDined on 7/7/2014This is without question the best restaurant I have taken clients. The owner is very personal and is always checking in to see how the meal is going. The swordfish was outstanding. Ryan our waiter is very attentive and even helps with the king crab. Great job Ryan.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We love this place! We celebrated our 3 rd anniversary and they came out with my favorite desert. Big Fin has a lot of class, and the owner came over and introduced himself, very nice person.Special Features:
- Crab lovers paradisesirmugenDined on 7/3/2014Jumbo King Crab legs are a must !! Had oyster and they were also excellent too, fresh. Excellent place for crabs and we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/30/2014Came to Orlando again and had to eat here. Glad we did because it was excellent. Great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected PleasureJanet1057Dined on 6/26/2014We had an 8:00 PM reservation on a Thursday night. The noise level was moderate. I'm sure it can be extremely loud when the restaurant is full. After a week in Orlando with several dining missteps, I wasn't sure what to expect at Big Fin. Our waiter Jon was outstanding. He was attentive, spot on with his recommendations, and accomodated menu changes. My friend and I had the crab crusted grouper and my husband ordered the swordfish "filet". Everything was wonderful, including the key lime pie dessert. Best meal we had in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and food. A+atlforanightDined on 6/24/2014We enjoyed our dining experience so much we told our neighbors from the tradeshow we were attending and they brought 5 guests and said the same things we did. Service was spot on. There was such a wide range of food we had a hard time deciding. Swordfish was huge and had great flavor. Our children split the filet and ate every bite. The staff was very friendly and interacted with the kids perfectly. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsLossieglen1Dined on 6/22/2014We visited whilst on vacation from the UK and would absolutely recommend Big Fin to locals and visitors alike. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We went to Big Fin for our daughters 8th birthday with our inlaws and 1 year old. The fried green tomatoes with lump crab app was delicious. We had soup, salad, sushi, clams & crab legs. Everyone shared and everyone loved the food. They brought out a yummy dessert for our daughter and made it very special for her. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Big Fin success againnightoutDined on 6/20/2014This is our go to place when friends and family come to town and once again we are not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsSamIamDined on 6/19/2014For excellent seafood this is the place to go. I've never been disappointed here. The portions are huge so be prepared to bring some home. The seafood quality is the best. The oysters are always excellent. They do have a steak selection and I've never tried them. Just too hard to bring myself to ordering a steak when so many seafood selections abound. Big Fin is my go-to seafood restaurant for quality seafood dining with friends, family, and clients. Some selections are rather pricey so beware of that. They do have specials and an extensive menu which makes it a bit of a challenge when ordering. Just so many good things to choose from!Special Features:
- Best restaurant on our vacationjhwashingtonDined on 6/19/2014This was the best restaurant we tried on our Disney Vacation. It had a wide variety of seafood, all of which was delicious and reasonably priced. It had an excellent kid menu and my son, who is a picky eater, finished every bite of his meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelente!!!!Luv2dineDined on 6/17/2014THE Service was top notch!!! Lisa our server was knowledgeable and anticipated every need! The food was amazing! Excellent location to take VIP clients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood spread in townJDM225VIPDined on 6/15/2014Every single kind of seafood you'd want under one roof. A tad pricey but well well worth it!!! Try it and you'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014As always, Big Fin does not disappoint. It always provides consistently excellent seafood. My party of 3 had shrimp cocktail, bbq shrimp, and grilled oysters for appetizers. For entrees, we had 2 swordfish filet mignons and 1 blue crab encrusted grouper. The shrimp cocktail was tasty. The bbq shrimp was interesting and different. The grilled oysters, I would have preferred without the jalapenos. Our waiter did not ask which oysters we wanted. The swordfish and grouper were amazing! And the bread pudding and flourless chocolate cake for dessert were scrumptous. Our service was good by a team of servers. If only Big Fin could do something about the noise level. Maybe they need carpeting or quiter guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.