Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
8046 Via Dellagio way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bigfinseafood.com/
- Phone: (407) 615-8888
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: James Slattery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Big Fin offers on-site catering for Special Events hosted in our restaurant. Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for receptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guests. Group Dinner Menus Available -includes such Entrees as: Filet Mignon, BBQ Salmon, Mahi Piccata, Filet Mignon, Cold Water Lobster Tail, Shrimp Scampi, Chicken, Vegetarian Pad Thai, Shrimp Skewers, etc...
- Entertainment: Four Plasma TVS at the Bar-A-Cuda covered patio bar & three plasma tvs at the Trophy Bar. 10' Projection screens with cable capability are located in our two Private Dining Rooms.
- Special Events: Private Dining Rooms available to host up to 72 guests/ Audio Visual equipment included in our two private dining rooms/Bar-A-Cuda & covered Patio available for recptions for up to 150 guests/Entire restaurant available for buyout events up to 450 guest
A word from Big Fin Seafood Kitchen
Big Fin was named Best Seafood Restaurant in Orlando (Orlando Sentinel Foodie Awards Critic's Choice). Global Fresh Seafood, Steaks, Chicken & Pasta. Sushi/Raw bar. Bar-A-Cuda covered Patio bar and dining featuring an upscale casual atmosphere. Private dining rooms available for up to 80 guests. Big Fin Seafood Kitchen opened on December 1, 2009 at the Dellagio Town Center along Restaurant Row and has already become a favorite among the locals, Conventioneers and tourists alike. The extensive menu features specialty items such as Whole Maine Lobster, Stone Crab, Blue Crab Crusted Grouper, Sushi, Filet Mignon, King Crab, Scallops, SwordFish, Shrimp, Clams, Mussels, New York Strip Steak, Calamari, Crab Cakes, Salad, Vegetarian options, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese, Raw & Grilled Oysters and more - Private Dining Rooms are available to host Group Dinners, Meetings, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday & Anniversary celebrations or cocktail receptions! Complimentary Valet Parking!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Big Fin Seafood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)fit for foodies (95)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (42)romantic (37)notable wine list (35)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (25)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)scenic view (9)great for brunch (6)Show More
- Disappointed, great food but poor serviceimfiferDined on 11/21/2014Went with friend for our last night before heading home and wanted a change from steak. The service was poor despite the fact it wasn't busy when we arrived at 9.30. Numerous mistakes with our drinks and food order, having said that we enjoyed the food we had and will try again with an earlier reservation next time.Special Features:
- Great Food.JMRockyDined on 11/21/2014From the moment we walked in to when we walked out, the wait staff was very friendly and professional. The Manhattan clam chowder was good. Nothing that I would write home about. It came out not too hot and not too cold. There was not much wait time between when we finished our soup to when our main dishes came out. Presentation for the Scottish Salmon and Lobster Tail was excellent. Let me at least know the kitchen took their time to prep the meals. My wife and I enjoyed this restaurant. We live in the Midwest so it is difficult for us to know what to get from a seafood restaurant when there is not much to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food every dayRomenkaDined on 11/14/2014Big fin has the best food creativly crafted and freshly made daily. The service is second to none. Be prepared to spend a little money because great food isn't cheap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had an amazing dinner and outstanding service.MayfieacDined on 11/13/2014We found this restaurant thanks to reviews on Open Table. We had the calamari and lobster mac and cheese from the appetizer menu. The best lobster mac and cheese we've had by far. For diner we had the Surf and Surf and the Surf and Turf with filet. Everything was excellent. Our server, Tim, was outstanding. He walked us through the menu, made great recommendations, and gave us space to enjoy the food once it came. Next time we're in Orlando, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great servicemarkandsusieDined on 11/11/2014We arrived early for an anniversary dinner and sat at the outdoor bar. After we consumed a dozen oysters (two different kinds) we decided to stay and have our meal at the bar. Nichole was great and the swordfish filet mignon was the absolute best we ever had. This was our first time there and we loved that it wasn't packed with people. We will be back and hopefully have the same experience! Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding seafood!AbbyVIPDined on 11/10/2014This was our second visit to Big Fin. We had a group of 6 and everyone was raving about their meals! The food was fresh and delicious! We will be back!Special Features:
- Monday night at Big FinCecilVIPDined on 11/10/2014When in Orlando, Monday night is Big Fin night. First, in the open air bar, a bottle of Kim Crawford Savignon Blanc and a couple of dozen oysters on the half shell. Happy Hour in the bar makes the oyster like "buck a shuck". Then into the dining room for dinner. Lobster. Lobster with all the work done. Not quite a shore dinner in Cape Cod, but the corn on the cob and redskin potatoes reminds one of the late Mildred's in Hyannis. We have been to Big Fins many times, not only on Monday, and we recommend it for great food, great surroundings and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/3/2014For a big box building on a busy street - don't let the outside and location fool you. Food and service were both great! Sushi was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoo; underwhelming servicekro30VIPDined on 11/3/2014Our meal was amazing - staff was a little to non-chalant and with such exceptional food, more attention to customer service is recommended. Service can make the experience more special, but was way too inattentive. We would have definitely ordered more wine if we had the chance :). Highly recommend the lump crab encrusted grouper and the chefs oyster special. Will return for the food with a smaller group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fin = AwesomeRobertDined on 11/3/2014Had a great experience on our recent visit to Big Fin. We had lobster, black grouper, oysters and shrimp. All were cooked perfectly, looked and smelled fresh and tasted amazing. Our Server was incredible too, not rushing us on our anniversary. The entire experience from when we walked in to when we left was great. The place was busy and the service didn't suffer. We ordered Prosecco for our toast, presented perfectly. Meals pace was perfect, never felt rushed. Owner even came by at end of meal to say hi and ask how everything was. Big Fin - see you again soon. I will be recommending this place to my friends. Job well done.Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantNew2SoFLDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant was very nice. They have a nice large, open room with a nice ambiance. But we were seated in a smaller side room, right by the water stand. The menu was great. Lots of seafood, oysters and sushi which is what we went there for. The oysters were very fresh and they had a great variety. We also had a sushi roll to start and it was excellent! My husband ordered one of the specials for his main entree. It was a roasted duck with risotto. It was delicious! I ordered a blue crab crusted snapper. The crab was over cooked, the fish was dry and the mashed potatoes were sub par. We weren't thrilled with that dish. But the rest was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood siteVonnVIPDined on 10/31/2014Every time I am in the area I make a point to dine at Big Fin. The food is consistent exceptional. Others in my group agree, we will always return for the freshest seafood. Skilled wait staff too.Special Features:
- Fancy seafoodfoodiefromdaburgDined on 10/23/2014If you're looking for quality food and service Big Fin is a safe bet. They have a great menu and prepare everything gourmet. My wife and I were joined by our young daughters and they were easily satisfied with their choices which is sometimes hard to do at such a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GailDined on 10/22/2014Been several times...but this was a VERY off night. Food just average, service poor for them. We were amazed! It was one of our favorites, but not now. Not sure if we'd go back.Special Features:
- So Nice We Went TwiceMNFoodieDined on 10/20/2014Best seafood I've had in Orlando. Went for the first time on a Monday and returned the next night....It's that good! Diverse menu with multiple varieties of fresh fish from around the world, expansive sushi menu and more oyster choices than I have seen anywhere else. Order the Swordfish Filet Mignon and you won't be disappointed. Would recommend the blacked preparation and getting it cooked closer to medium than medium well. The sashimi sampler is a nice light starter and the salads a big enough to split. Service was outstanding and Bobby the owner is very attentive to make sure you're getting what you need. I very seldom dine at the same place night after night, but my wife and I loved it. P.S. Ask for Matt as your server. RockstarSpecial Features:
- good but priceyVickDined on 10/17/2014Great service, nice place. Fish a little over cooked and too expensive for that to happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Times!BamafanDined on 10/15/2014We love visiting Big Fin when we are in Orlando several times a year. Never disappoints! Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Good experienceSpeedVIPDined on 10/13/2014We went for my birthday on Monday which they have their lobster special. We all had great appetizers and wonderful entreesSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Seafood!PebblesDined on 10/11/2014This is our third time dining at Big Fin...the food continues to be amazing! Definitely a must for foodies and seafood lovers!!!Special Features:
- 50% goodDineoftenVIPDined on 10/11/2014We had a party of 4. Half of us were satisfied and the other half not so much. Fresh oysters and clams were really good. Black grouper pretty good but the other two meals were small for the price and overcooked. Desert was uneatable. Service good, wine list very good, room is nice and not overcrowded. The food is best described as 50/50.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive but worth itGaryDined on 10/9/2014Food and service (Lawrence) was excellent. A little pricy but well worth the investment. The seared tuna and sword fish were outstanding. Best service I have had in a resturant in sometime.Special Features:
- Always a Treat!BamafanDined on 10/9/2014We come to Orlando several times a year and always eat at Big Fin when here. Mike is an outstanding waiter, taking care of all our needs, even as far as recommending food and wine pairings!Special Features:
- First Time1turtlemanVIPDined on 10/9/2014On our recent visit to Orlando we gave Big Fin a go. Not disappointed At All!!! The fish was outstanding (Grouper w/crab topping). And our server was Spot On with recommendations and overall service. Thanks Michael. Give this place a Go...you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was really great49gsbDined on 10/9/2014Our experience was very special great food and wonderfull service..I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Steve was a very GREAT waiter! It was my birthday and it was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OrlandoNanDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed Orlando Magical Dining - excellent menu and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinnig experience I ever had!LoverofgreatfoodDined on 9/28/2014We felt welcomed from the time we entered the door. Our server Lisa was very excellent! The food was excellent from the appetizers to the desert. We will be back and we will recommend this restaurant to any and everyone. Thank for the great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatouttonightDined on 9/28/2014Was visiting Orlando and Bi Fin was recommended by our hotel. Great seafood, relaxed atmosphere. Bar had great happy hour specials and food at the dinner table was awesome. If we are in the Orlando area again, I would definitely return to Big Fin.Special Features:
- winedoctorVIPDined on 9/28/2014Great fish. Love the Salmon Oscar. Best French fries in town. Get the room on the north end of the restaurant. It's quieter. Good steak also.Special Features:
- Restaurant Row GemwineanddineDined on 9/27/2014Food was outstanding as was the service, my husband has a food allergy, the waiter ensured the food he had ordered was suitable for him and gave good feedback of the ingredients in consultation with the chef. Loved the "fishy" decor and the smaller dining room off the main dining room helped with the noise level which was higher than was comfortable at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it...CandySweetLeoDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our time at Big Fin. The staff was very nice and accommodated our needs as well the Great Service the server provided. The Food was Delicious and we are planning to go again.Special Features:
- Very loud and rushedpharminatorDined on 9/27/2014Noise level very loud , hard to talk to each other. The waiter "apologized " for rushing our table at the end of the meal but "we are extremely busy tonite" Thanks a bunch for the rush.. Will remember the service if I return.pharminatorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Fin AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014OPENTABLE SUCKS !!! My reservation was originally at Eddie V 530pm Saturday for 8 people and they changed it to 1030pm Friday. Now when I called Eddie V the woman said she has NO reservations at all for us!!! I emailed the so called help desk. they basically told me to help myself after a 24 hour response time. What a joke!!!! I have made sure all my foodie friends delete the open table app. Others had issues as well this week that we spoke to. Thank you Big Fin for a fabulous evening and fantastic food!!!! We will come again and recommend you!!! Thank you for saving our Saturday night out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- subparlindaochscDined on 9/27/2014we went during Magical dining month and had to ask for that menu---when our table's lead waiter found out we had asked for that menu, he practically ignored us and left us to the other team members, who were very pleasant. my fish was dry and the bread pudding was nothing like any I've ever had--dry slices of bread with sauce over it. we won't be back---disappointedSpecial Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We went here to try something new during magical dining. The service was excellent and our server was very attentive, nice and was very helpful. The food was beyond what I expected it was amazing, and the best meal I've had at a restaraunt. I still tell people about it and reccomend them to go! We will Definatly be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First impressions - BigFin SeafoodDonToneroDined on 9/25/2014This place came highly recommended by Scott Joseph's review. The menu was exactly as expected, mostly seafood. We took advantage of the magical dining menu and picked oyeters for appetizer, lobster bisque soup with cold water lobster and shrimp New Orleans entrees. Excellent food. The chef definitely has a cooking twist or two up his sleeves. It was overall a wanderful dinning experience. The only caveat was with the booth seats. We are both 6 feet tall and the bottom seat cushion was either not wide enough for tall folk or It was not horizontal; the result was the constant sensation of sliding off the seat. We had to slide around to find the perfect spots at the booth. I'll be requesting a table instead of a booth next go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end and generous portionsAnneDined on 9/23/2014Orlando has a lot to choose from, and this is one of the best for grown-ups. I'm a bit of a foodie, loving different and intriguing flavors. My hubby on the other hand wants something safe and lots of it. the Big Fin Seafood Kitchen made us both happy. I was delighted by the variety of interesting options on the menu and found the portions generous to boot. I followed the advice of our server for dessert-- the Ooey-Gooey was pretty awesome. This will be one of our stops when ever we are in Orlando. The service team worked together smoothly with no hiccups, and both the manager and the owner stopped by to check on us.Special Features:
- AWESOME!!!synergy727Dined on 9/22/2014The food was absolutely amazing and the portion sizes were beyond generous. Our waiter Chris was very attentive and friendly. The prices were a little steep but the food and the service were well worth it. We will definitely dine there again when we return to the Orlando area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tania´s groupVeraDined on 9/21/2014We were a group of 18 people and we had a very nice experience - food, wine and service.Special Features:
- Ladies night outTkim315Dined on 9/20/2014My friends and I just wanted a night out go chat and catch up. I picked big fin for your choice of foods in the magical dinning menu. Our server was great and so was our server assistant. I forgot their names though. The owner stopped by the table which was pleasant. I absolutely loved your fresh oysters. The grapefruit drink was also amazing. Definitely coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.